Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Herman Hembe Steps Down As Chair Of Capital Market Probe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herman Hembe Steps Down As Chair Of Capital Market Probe (5904 Views)

Hembe And Madaki Exchange Slaps Over ‘Juicy’ Committees / Tuface And Rep Member Herman Hembe Back In The Days / SEC Denies Offering Herman Hembe ₦30M Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herman Hembe Steps Down As Chair Of Capital Market Probe by mukina2: 12:24pm On Mar 20, 2012
Kayode Akintemi ‏ @KayodeAkintemi
#BreakingNews: @Channels_TV Reporter @llsisi in HouseOfReps confirms #HermanHembe steps down as Chair of #CapitalMarketProbe
https://twitter.com/KayodeAkintemi/status/182063936835825666
Re: Herman Hembe Steps Down As Chair Of Capital Market Probe by RichDad1(m): 12:24pm On Mar 20, 2012
Really?
Re: Herman Hembe Steps Down As Chair Of Capital Market Probe by BBDelta(m): 12:30pm On Mar 20, 2012
E for stay, make e see wetin Nigerians go use e eyes see....
Re: Herman Hembe Steps Down As Chair Of Capital Market Probe by Nairaboi(m): 12:32pm On Mar 20, 2012
why?
Re: Herman Hembe Steps Down As Chair Of Capital Market Probe by maclatunji: 12:32pm On Mar 20, 2012
It was necessary, all criminal parties on both sides should be prosecuted and sent to jail.
Re: Herman Hembe Steps Down As Chair Of Capital Market Probe by donbafs(m): 12:35pm On Mar 20, 2012
The best way out. The house leadership did the right thing by asking him to step down due to credibility issue.
Re: Herman Hembe Steps Down As Chair Of Capital Market Probe by feelamong(m): 12:36pm On Mar 20, 2012
donbafs: The best way out. The house leadership did the right thing by asking him to step down due to credibility issue.

Ok naa... now the whole House go face the madam Otteh!
Re: Herman Hembe Steps Down As Chair Of Capital Market Probe by kristiansmart: 1:05pm On Mar 20, 2012
Great thread.thanks for sharing.[img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img]
Re: Herman Hembe Steps Down As Chair Of Capital Market Probe by fesse(f): 1:24pm On Mar 20, 2012
For credibility sake, a right move but what is the academic qualifications,status and age of the new ad-hoc chairman to question or interrogate Ms Arunma Oteh. Ms Oteh is arrogant, lacks respect and far older to most of the former committee members; so she need a person that is older,academically balanced, well groomed intellectually, who understands the rudiments of the capital market to take on her.
Lets see how the whole drama unfolds.......
Re: Herman Hembe Steps Down As Chair Of Capital Market Probe by dounleedee: 2:32pm On Mar 20, 2012
I'm not surprised. In his submission to the house, he claimed it was actually Madam DG that oferred the house a bribe of N30 Million Naira. Hmmmmmm.....................Why was this not disclosed before or during the hearing before Madam DG made her allegations? Well, Nigerians can judge for themselves....
Re: Herman Hembe Steps Down As Chair Of Capital Market Probe by Adey09(m): 2:36pm On Mar 20, 2012
Wondering wat will happen next
Re: Herman Hembe Steps Down As Chair Of Capital Market Probe by mapet: 2:39pm On Mar 20, 2012
.....this to me is a pointer that Oteh will be severly dealth with. When you go to battles like this (more like roforofo fight) you'd better strategise very well and make sure your arsenal are well oiled and smoking. Oteh blundered on a point by not getting her facts right. I mean how can you make allegations about the wife of deputy chairman and only less than 24hrs later ThisDay pointed errors in her accusations.

They only asked Hembe to step down so that they can now remove any issue of personality clash and ask her to answer the glaring issues about her namely;
1. 8months in NICON as againt 28days
2. Meals of 85k and 850k
3. 2 Access back staffers in her employ
and many more

Hope they'll not tie it to insider trading, else she's toast.......she's toast anyway
Re: Herman Hembe Steps Down As Chair Of Capital Market Probe by dounleedee: 3:00pm On Mar 20, 2012
@mapet: I don't quite see the direction the issues of her personal expenses have to do with the crash of the stock market. We have witnessed several probes already and there hasn't been one probe where the expenditure of the management team of any of the parastatals has been a front burner issue. Something doesn't add up with this capital market probe in my opinion...
Re: Herman Hembe Steps Down As Chair Of Capital Market Probe by tonte23(m): 3:08pm On Mar 20, 2012
Why have the NLC been silent over the the quarter allowance of our house of reps members from 15million Naira to 27 million Naira? And even our dear nairalanders have been silent on this issue. How i weep for this country. Now is the time to rise up to our rights and everyone is just quiet. When its fuel subsidy the whole nation rises and when its corruption thrown at our very own faces, with our tax money we keep silent.
Re: Herman Hembe Steps Down As Chair Of Capital Market Probe by chagga(m): 3:13pm On Mar 20, 2012
Nigeria and drama very soon u ll the two drinking @ a function after a reconciliation "family matter" by so called respected elders. If not 4 d probe why didn't she right 2 Hembe 2 refund d money for not embarking on d seminar. 4 me, both guilty
Re: Herman Hembe Steps Down As Chair Of Capital Market Probe by ndcide(m): 3:14pm On Mar 20, 2012
mteeew.. and who says the next committee will not also take bribe and get h
the whole issue done with.
Re: Herman Hembe Steps Down As Chair Of Capital Market Probe by mohid(m): 3:19pm On Mar 20, 2012
Exactly, I thought the probe was about the crash of the stock market, how did we end up discussing hotel expenses...I guess it’s simple. how many really competent financial analysts are in the House, let alone the Committee probing SEC, so most of what they see on paper they cant interpret and if they stick strictly to discussing the crash,Madam DG will confuse them silly,hence the resolve to tow the line of pettiness...phew in a better environment we should have had some retired top bankers, business gurus and economic PhD’s matching the DG financial jargon for jargon. But unfortunately we have left politics for thugs and political protégés of retired generals!

2 Likes

Re: Herman Hembe Steps Down As Chair Of Capital Market Probe by dondigi(m): 3:21pm On Mar 20, 2012
I bet replacing him would be hard because non is credible enough.
Re: Herman Hembe Steps Down As Chair Of Capital Market Probe by moderattor: 3:34pm On Mar 20, 2012
Mrs Oteh for president 2015!
Thats the kinda ladies we need in this nation.
'. . .you were supposed to give me an unbiased jugdment and not request for N39 million. This is democracy , we need to do things differently here, we need to do things differently, we need to do things differently.' - mrs Oteh in her sustained polished english assault to the mr. hembe of a thing.
Re: Herman Hembe Steps Down As Chair Of Capital Market Probe by BBDelta(m): 4:02pm On Mar 20, 2012
moderattor: Mrs Oteh for president 2015!
Thats the kinda ladies we need in this nation.
'. . .you were supposed to give me an unbiased jugdment and not request for N39 million. This is democracy , we need to do things differently here, we need to do things differently, we need to do things differently.' - mrs Oteh in her sustained polished english assault to the mr. hembe of a thing.

WATCH OUT FOR SEASON TWO (2)!!!!!!!!!! The Story is Just begining.............

MRS OTEH VS THE REST OF THE HOUSE....LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Re: Herman Hembe Steps Down As Chair Of Capital Market Probe by kenmusa: 4:22pm On Mar 20, 2012
We are growing by the day, just very soon we will get there
Re: Herman Hembe Steps Down As Chair Of Capital Market Probe by Guk: 4:25pm On Mar 20, 2012
Much as the terms of reference of the Capital Market probe have been overshadowed by mudslinging, we need to to very clear and objective about this probe.

(1) What the probe should be asking Ms Otteh and Mr Onyeama is how they are plugging loopholes and putting policies in place that will prevent re-occurence of abuse as evident during the boom days.

(2) Mrs Ndidi and Mr Faki should be the ones on the hot seat explaining why the stock market crashed under their watch. Ms Otteh is been questioned as if she crashed the market.

(3) They should be questioning the people Ms Otteh reports to on how they are ensuring she is complying with the rules governing SEC & NSE

(4) Honourable Hembe had to resign because it is fraud to collect Air ticket; Estacode and Hotel money for travel to Dominican republic, you dont travel and you dont return the monies. Who amongst us will give such out and not expect it to be retired. It shows the arrogance of our Reps on how they think they can get away with anything. I wonder how many more reps have collected such and never travelled and chopped the money.

(5) As for Ms Otteh, the jury is out on her....she needs to provide documentary evidence to address issues raised against her

(6) Lastly, year in year out our Legislators and Senators collect hundreds of millions of naira for constituency projects for development of each constituency they represent. Are we holding them accountable for sums collected and projects delivered or undelivered??
Re: Herman Hembe Steps Down As Chair Of Capital Market Probe by SirVee(m): 4:28pm On Mar 20, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]The nation is really a challenge to me! Like one has rightly observed, we have left politics to thugs, rogues and retired force men! These guys have no knowledgeable clue to manage anything (but their cronies) not to talk of discussing the intricacies of the financial market.
Arunma Oteh is clearly superior to the committee inundated with the task of probing her organization (SEC).
These politicians are really taking Nigeria for a ride! The situation is not improving and may not improve.

I remember the recent 'Occupy Nigeria' protest, GEJ and his cronies bullied us to submission! People were killed, the price of PMS was raised, the product (PMS) is still scarce everywhere! Previous protests against such price increases was National! But now our South-South and South-East brothers saw it as a ploy to topple the new 'Azikiwe'. The people of this region are suffering the PMS scarcity the most. In Port-Hourcourt the product once sold for 400 naira / litre! What a shame.

We have a lot of disillusioned leaders and the more they loot the treasury the more they get the likes of Asari Dokubo to tell us crap!
It is time we defended our votes! It is time we elect leaders based on competence! It is time positions are filled with people with the right qualifications and not where the persons are from.

It is time to call the members of the National Assembly to order. They have taken us for a ride to far! It has taken a woman (ARUNMA OTEH) to put them to check. And they have shamelessly asked Hembe's committee to pack up and have inaugurated another committee!

NIGERAINS, AREN'T WE TIRED OF ALL THE DRAMA THAT THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY ALWAYS PUT UP? The whole world is laughing at us! President Obama recently declared Ghana's democracy a model democracy. Are Ghanaians more intelligent than us?
Enough is enough of incompetent and corrupt leadership!

3 Likes

Re: Herman Hembe Steps Down As Chair Of Capital Market Probe by doctokwus: 4:30pm On Mar 20, 2012
dounleedee: I'm not surprised. In his submission to the house, he claimed it was actually Madam DG that oferred the house a bribe of N30 Million Naira.
@ least there is no longer any doubt that one party did issue a bribe
Re: Herman Hembe Steps Down As Chair Of Capital Market Probe by Pecca: 5:45pm On Mar 20, 2012
whatever happens I believe that mrs Oteh have achieved her aim which is to cast doubts on the credibility of our lawmakers: you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you've gotta a glass jaw you should watch ya mouth else someone will put it in a hospital for you...
Re: Herman Hembe Steps Down As Chair Of Capital Market Probe by jethro2: 9:01pm On Mar 20, 2012
What did our representatives know about finance. Most of them are thugs and area boys. Those that have certificate got it through the back door. And all they know is acquiring millions for their yet to be born generation. Thank you Ms Otte for exposing their inexperience. Its a matter of the pot calling kettle black. And i use to feel women are more disciplined. Guess i m wrong
Re: Herman Hembe Steps Down As Chair Of Capital Market Probe by EMANY01(m): 11:31pm On Mar 20, 2012
What i think has happened is that the stage has been set for a House ROASTING OF Mrs/Ms Otteh.Otteh might be pretty much the cats ass in matters of the capaital market but hearing Hembe speak in the house today he seems quite grounded in law the lawyer that he claims to be he is no slouch himself and does know when to apply principles of law to support his case.I am watchful especially as he claims he has documentary evidence that the SEC(Otteh by extension)offered the bribe.
Re: Herman Hembe Steps Down As Chair Of Capital Market Probe by MCMLXXVI(m): 4:53pm On Sep 03, 2016
mapet:
.....this to me is a pointer that Oteh will be severly dealth with. When you go to battles like this (more like roforofo fight) you'd better strategise very well and make sure your arsenal are well oiled and smoking. Oteh blundered on a point by not getting her facts right. I mean how can you make allegations about the wife of deputy chairman and only less than 24hrs later ThisDay pointed errors in her accusations.

They only asked Hembe to step down so that they can now remove any issue of personality clash and ask her to answer the glaring issues about her namely;
1. 8months in NICON as againt 28days
2. Meals of 85k and 850k
3. 2 Access back staffers in her employ
and many more

Hope they'll not tie it to insider trading, else she's toast.......she's toast anyway

Mumu, wetin happen last?
Nairalanders and their tendency to sit and talk trash.
Re: Herman Hembe Steps Down As Chair Of Capital Market Probe by mapet: 3:55pm On Sep 04, 2016
MCMLXXVI:

Mumu, wetin happen last?
Nairalanders and their tendency to sit and talk trash.

It seems as if the rises at the instance of your stu.pidity. You just woke up to a 4year-old thread?
Re: Herman Hembe Steps Down As Chair Of Capital Market Probe by MCMLXXVI(m): 5:09pm On Sep 04, 2016
mapet:

It seems as if the rises at the instance of your stu.pidity. You just woke up to a 4year-old thread?

History is more hilarious when revisited.
It just feels good pulling out the past uninformed babbles of people like you, and comparing them with modern events to see how OFF the mark they really are.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Review North-East Budget Or Face Insurgency - Ex-Yobe Governor To GEJ / Just In INEC Disqualifies Obaseki From Primary / Minister Of defense Can't Speak English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.