Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,104 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

What Is The Name Of God Almighty? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Name Of God Almighty? (9675 Views)

Islam Is GOD Almighty's Original Religion To All Of Mankind / Jesus Is God Almighty......question Me / Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: What Is The Name Of God Almighty? by Maximus85(m): 2:16am On May 08, 2012
Missy_B:
No, God has more than one name, HE revealed his names on different occasions in the Bible.
For example when Moses asked HIM HIS name.

Exodus 3 vs 13-15 :
13 Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?”

14 God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.[a] This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

15 God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The LORD [also JEHOVAH], the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’

This is my name forever,
the name you shall call me
from generation to generation.

I think you can ascribe different titles to GOD so long as they are in accordance with HIS essence.
Morning star . . .Lion of the tribe of Judah . . . Most holy . . .Living stone etc are biblical titles ascribed to GOD/JESUS
YOU SAID THE LORD OR JEHOVAH. That is very wrong. Lord is just a title and not a name. So any bible that replaces God's name JEHOVAH with lord should be critisised.
Re: What Is The Name Of God Almighty? by snthesis(m): 11:11am On May 09, 2012
Maximus85:
YOU SAID THE LORD OR JEHOVAH. That is very wrong. Lord is just a title and not a name. So any bible that replaces God's name JEHOVAH with lord should be critisised.
funny enough, this applies to some modern "christian songs" all you get to hear is "Lord", "Redeemer" "Savior" etc, but the name of God isn't mentioned within the lyrics, and these titles used in this so called "christian " songs could be attributed to any religion.
Re: What Is The Name Of God Almighty? by ijawkid(m): 2:45pm On May 09, 2012
It is d trinity teaching that has caused all these confusions...

How can the word or title LORD be commensurate to Gods name (Yahweh) if not for biased translators and false christianity...

Why not just fix in the original tetragramatton d way it is in d hebrew scriptures which in english is (Yahweh)

Why remove d name and replace it with LORD or GOD even when it was never like that in d original manuscripts

Many today exclaim ""halleluyah"" and don't even understand what it means..

If u ask some they tell u is praise d LORD..

But in truth it is praise Yah or Yahweh even as d word rightly is spelt...

Jesus came to sanctify that name Yahweh and here are christians today running away from d name all because they want to worship Jesus and give him exclusive devotion..

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are The Procedures To Getting Married At Rccg? / How Can I Pay My Tithe Without Going To Church? / 6 Signs To Know Real Babalawos & 6 Truth About Babalawos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.