Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,736 members, 7,851,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:46 PM

Is It Right To Marry Someone You Don‘t Know - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right To Marry Someone You Don‘t Know (1807 Views)

11 Signs Your Personality Is Offensive ( And You Don ’t Know It ) / Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / >>> 50 Things Boys Don`t Know About Girls <<< (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Marry Someone You Don‘t Know by Dalcy: 11:56pm On Mar 21, 2012
Since my ex disappointed me, i have decided to marry a lady whom i‘ve never known before and may be from on-line dating sites. Although i haven‘ t meet any for now. But i need advice from every body to help finalise my decision. Thanks.
Re: Is It Right To Marry Someone You Don‘t Know by slimyem: 12:05am On Mar 22, 2012
how can you marry someone without KNOWING them?
You can meet your partner anywhere IMO.
Just be sure of (hat you are getting into!
Re: Is It Right To Marry Someone You Don‘t Know by Dalcy: 12:08am On Mar 22, 2012
Thanks for that one. still need more advice
Re: Is It Right To Marry Someone You Don‘t Know by tellwisdom: 12:18am On Mar 22, 2012
Yes go ahead, even if she's a ghost
Re: Is It Right To Marry Someone You Don‘t Know by Moyola(f): 12:32am On Mar 22, 2012
Of course!...some ppl say "itz lyk av knwn u all ma lyf" (indeed B.liar)
...arranged marriages nko?!
...idin knw Jamiu's Dad nau lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Is It Right To Marry Someone You Don‘t Know by tellwisdom: 12:48am On Mar 22, 2012
motorola, sweerie can we meet and yansh?? wink wink
Re: Is It Right To Marry Someone You Don‘t Know by Nobody: 6:02am On Mar 22, 2012
@OP
- desperate people do it everyday and live miserably.
- people in arranged marriages do it everyday and "claim" they are happy.
- people everyday marry their "perfect" partner, only to discover AFTER MARRIAGE that it was all an act.

so if being married is just what you are looking for, regardless of the person (like millions of desperate people out there), then dont let us Nlers spoil your parade!
Re: Is It Right To Marry Someone You Don‘t Know by Dalcy: 7:35am On Mar 22, 2012
Thank you guys for your contributions. Just that i don‘t want to take wrong steps in my relationship again.
Re: Is It Right To Marry Someone You Don‘t Know by Lovexme(m): 7:45am On Mar 22, 2012
Even if it has to be online, you'll have to fix a date with a lady, get to know each other extensively, and who knows, she could just be someone that complements you. Goodluck!
Re: Is It Right To Marry Someone You Don‘t Know by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 22, 2012
Dalcy: Thank you guys for your contributions. Just that i don‘t want to take wrong steps in my relationship again.

then you best grow up, LEARN from your experiences/mistakes of the past and accept that marrying a stranger could also result in the exact same thing that happened with your ex. marrying a stranger is NOT going to solve your problem.
Re: Is It Right To Marry Someone You Don‘t Know by Dalcy: 9:40am On Mar 22, 2012
I am very happy for your good advice to me. I still need more from you guys. Remain bless
Re: Is It Right To Marry Someone You Don‘t Know by luckgames(m): 1:31pm On Mar 22, 2012
Dalcy: Since my ex disappointed me, i have decided to marry a lady whom i‘ve never known before and may be from on-line dating sites. Although i haven‘ t meet any for now. But i need advice from every body to help finalise my decision. Thanks.

Life is risk
Take a chance
If your have assets try and protect yourself
Luck good
Re: Is It Right To Marry Someone You Don‘t Know by MrsChima(f): 1:36pm On Mar 22, 2012
slimyem: how can you marry someone without KNOWING them?
You can meet your partner anywhere IMO.
Just be sure of (hat you are getting into!

As strange as this sound, it is becoming common for people to marry others straight from dating sites without spending physical time with them. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is It Right To Marry Someone You Don‘t Know by MrsChima(f): 1:38pm On Mar 22, 2012
No, I would not. I wasn't desperate nor in a hurry. What is truly for me will always be there when the time is right.
Re: Is It Right To Marry Someone You Don‘t Know by Dalcy: 2:51pm On Mar 22, 2012
MRS CHIMA, if i might get you right, you are suggesting that i should wait patiently and that what belongs to me will never pass me. Thanks for that great advice. Still need more advice.
Re: Is It Right To Marry Someone You Don‘t Know by MrsChima(f): 2:54pm On Mar 22, 2012
Dalcy: MRS CHIMA, if i might get you right, you are suggesting that i should wait patiently and that what belongs to me will never pass me. Thanks for that great advice. Still need more advice.

If you are marrying for the wrong reasons, you will never be happy. However, you should take your time and make sure that you are marrying someone compatible to you.

If you are desperate and trying to escape something, by all means CONGRATULATIONS. wink
Re: Is It Right To Marry Someone You Don‘t Know by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 22, 2012
u dont need to know to know person, as long as u trust whoever introduced u to the person. if my very good friend tells me, a certain girl is a nice girl and a wife materiaal, and i trust dat friend, den i marry such girl
Re: Is It Right To Marry Someone You Don‘t Know by luckgames(m): 4:06pm On Mar 22, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
No, I would not. I wasn't desperate nor in a hurry. What is truly for me will always be there when the time is right.

Suga Mrs Chima
Sometime you think you know the person wait after marriage pepper!!!!!!
Some time you can meet somebody online, Who is will to work and develop a relationship thing might work out
For me I am against any long distant relationship
No one size fit all in meeting men or women- (Take it to the lord)
Protect yourself, nobody will protect you
Re: Is It Right To Marry Someone You Don‘t Know by Dalcy: 5:46pm On Mar 22, 2012
I really appreciate

(1) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Hot Temper Guy Marry A Hot Tempered Lady? / Guys, Is It Cheating If Your Girlfriend Gets Down With Another Girl? / How To Know If A Girl Love You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.