Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants (9809 Views)

Amaechi Helps Stranded Public Servants In Abuja.. See Photos / Osun Public Servants, Retirees At Winners Chapel For Food Today (pics) / Salaries Of Federal And State Legislators - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 22, 2012
The Secretary to the government of the
federation, Anyim Pius-Anyim who inaugurated
a committee that will review the salaries of all
public servants said the “current situation is not
healthy for the public service in particular and
the country in Nigeria.”
“The mandate of the committee is to examine
the proliferation of different salary structures in
the public service in the federation and advice
government on how to develop a harmonised
salary structure on the basis of reasonable
relativities in the grading of the remunerations,”
he said.
Mr Anyim said that it is expected that at the end
of the committee’s assignment, “there will be a
progressive reduction in recurrent expenditure
in favour of more resourceful allocations for the
annual capital budget with a view to sustaining
the economy on the path of growth and
development.”
Mr Anyim said the committee have three weeks
to examine the salary structure of public
servants and see how the wide gaps in salaries
can be adjusted.
The harmonization of salaries in the federal civil
service is expected to reduce the strain of
recurrent expenditure and produce an
acceptable public salary structure.
Analysts have criticised the heavy allocation of
72 per cent on recurrent expenditure in this
year’s budget in the face of dilapidating
infrastructure and increasing poverty rates.
Responding to the planned review of the
salaries of public servants, the head of service
of the federation, Isa Bello Sali commended the
government for taking the initiative to
harmonise the salary structure in the country.
“What this initiative seeks to achieve is to ensure
that going forward, we have a situation whereby
the various salary structures are harmonised for
industrial harmony for peace in the workforce
and also progress in our nation,” he said.

www.channelstv.com/home/2012/03/22/government-to-reduce-salaries-of-public-servants/
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by Callotti: 9:07pm On Mar 22, 2012
The salary is not the problem. . .but the 'bonuses'!
They should stop eating and lodging at 'Transcorps' for one!
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by Mavor: 9:35am On Mar 23, 2012
Meanwhile national assembly members keep increasing their allocation every year. Rubbish corrupt country. Looking forward to the revolution that separates Christian South from Muslim North.
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by Okijajuju1(m): 9:38am On Mar 23, 2012
And the House of Reps just increased their salaries barely 1 week ago!!

Like I said, OCCUPY NIGERIA protest targetted the wrongest of issues!!

5 Likes

Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 23, 2012
Why reduce poor man's salary when politicians earn billions ? In a country where a president intends to eat with 18 000 000 000 naira in a year,i just pray we get it right soonest.

1 Like

Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by Bello555: 9:43am On Mar 23, 2012
FG is the one to reduce their salaries, bonuses, travel trips, bodygaurds, securities, official cars...etc

wat is the use of payin FG salaries wen they have allowances that cover all their expenditures?
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by BlueMurder(m): 9:46am On Mar 23, 2012
Mavor: Meanwhile national assembly members keep increasing their allocation every year. Rubbish corrupt country. Looking forward to the revolution that separates Christian South from Muslim North.

And you think doing that would curb corruption? Is corruption a function of your ethnicity or religion? By the way, what exactly do you mean by "Christian South" and "Muslim North"?

2 Likes

Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by ziccoit: 9:47am On Mar 23, 2012
Awon mad men.
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by ziccoit: 9:50am On Mar 23, 2012
BlueMurder:

And you think doing that would curb corruption? Is corruption a function of your ethnicity or religion? By the way, what exactly do you mean by "Christian South" and "Muslim North"?

Ma da dindinrin lohun jare. Ko mo pe Muslim po yapa ni south. Stop creating dichotomy that doesn't exist.
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by otokx(m): 9:50am On Mar 23, 2012
misleading heading
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by chuks49(m): 9:51am On Mar 23, 2012
Classic economic model from Gej that makes the rich richer and the poor poorer. I wonder how long this will last because its obviously unsustainable.
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by worm(f): 9:53am On Mar 23, 2012
Mavor: Meanwhile national assembly members keep increasing their allocation every year. Rubbish corrupt country. Looking forward to the revolution that separates Christian South from Muslim North.

Separatists. You go wait tire. The last time i checked both christians and muslims are found in your socalled national assembly. What guarantee do you have that when the two separates then corruption or their 'yearly allocation' will disappear?
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by sirp2007: 9:55am On Mar 23, 2012
They should reduce only one thing=CORRUPTION
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by Iolo(m): 9:56am On Mar 23, 2012
Okija_juju: And the House of Reps just increased their salaries barely 1 week ago!!

Like I said, OCCUPY NIGERIA protest targetted the wrongest of issues!!

Well, the full gist is that it was 42M during the 6th Nass. The 7th NASS reduced their quarterly allowances from 42m earned by the previous set to 15m. They just only increased it to 27m recently.

They still earn tons of money but in the grand scheme of things, I think it's better for our democracy if we had lawmakers who could stand on their own and be less prone to collecting bribes in the discharge of their duties. That's the theory sha. Remains practical.
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by 1stestees(m): 9:57am On Mar 23, 2012
@Mavor, u will do well to esplain what u mean by Muslim north and christain south.
In doing this, we need to hav an idea of how old u ar and how widely u av travelled especially within Naija amongst other things.
Expecting ur response Mr South.
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by cowgurl: 9:57am On Mar 23, 2012
Now none of 'them' will come out and say No to that cos it's in their favour, ptshewww. It just goes to show that government work no be work, SIMPLE.
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by caye(m): 10:00am On Mar 23, 2012
So the bloody fockers want to HARMonize workers salaries while theirs remain SAFETYnize. Wahala go dey.

Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by Okijajuju1(m): 10:03am On Mar 23, 2012
Iolo:

Well, the full gist is that it was 42M during the 6th Nass. The 7th NASS reduced their quarterly allowances from 42m earned by the previous set to 15m. They just only increased it to 27m recently.

They still earn tons of money but in the grand scheme of things, I think it's better for our democracy if we had lawmakers who could stand on their own and be less prone to collecting bribes in the discharge of their duties. That's the theory sha. Remains practical.

Im sorry but thats why its public service.

That position should be for selfless individuals not for money and ambition driven crooks.

The Italian president stopped recieving salary until the crisis in Italy for settled.

Ours are busy increasing theirs.

And that 27million is quarterly o!! Not annually.
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by IYANGBALI: 10:12am On Mar 23, 2012
God go punish anybody wey touch my salary wey never do me and my childrens

Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by BlackBaron: 10:20am On Mar 23, 2012
An House of Rep member will have received an equivalent of 1.7 million pound at the end of their tenure.

But they see it fit to cut government worker's salaries.
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by folorunsooladeni(m): 10:20am On Mar 23, 2012
Am tried of dis so call leaders,why FG want to reduce civil servant salaries but FG said dat d duction were be 4 politice officiers. why dis ppls God help d masses
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by Alore: 10:31am On Mar 23, 2012
IYA NGBALI: God go punish anybody wey touch my salary wey never do me and my childrens

LOL @ the ATM picture!!!
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by Kolababa: 10:39am On Mar 23, 2012
Poverty and corruption do not know ethinicity or religion. Stop creating a dichotomy of Muslim North and Christian South. You are not even different from the Almajiris in North with this crude ideology and analysis.

1 Like

Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by pdpiperpippen: 10:49am On Mar 23, 2012
This pple want to scatter this country shey? If u touch any salary eh! U will see fire
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by KenStranger(m): 10:49am On Mar 23, 2012
Bro, there are lots of xtians in the north also, thing is that we've being maginalized, we can never be muslim for crying out loud. Pls always create a distinction, ie northern muslims & northern xtians.
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by worm(f): 10:56am On Mar 23, 2012
IYA NGBALI: God go punish anybody wey touch my salary wey never do me and my childrens

^^
*rolling my butt on the floor*
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by ade80: 11:14am On Mar 23, 2012
Nass members earn 81million annually as allowance and you want to reduce the salaries of civil servants that their total annual salary is not up to 5 million.
Why can't Nass reduce their allowances to 10 million annually while the ministers reduce the number of PAs and SAs, then recurrent expenditure will reduce. They should also remove all the ghost workers they put into the system
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by lacasa: 11:18am On Mar 23, 2012
Northern this, Southen that, Some Nigerians will never face reality n datz y politicians laugh @ us wyl dey fill their pockets n dia families pockets. GEJ n Sambo na d same tribe n religion dem be?? Bt no be d 2 of dem dey run tinz wan make una poorer by now cutting ur salaries nt to talk of subsidy removal

Kaai! No be d politicians I dey blame na nigerians who no get d intelligence to think, stay there they think who be xtian or muslim or jew, SUFFERING AND POVERTY NO DEY LOOK TRIBE NOR RELIGION ..Mtcheeeeeu
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by EACBLAZE: 11:21am On Mar 23, 2012
Honestly, I don't know what this people are upto. Why not start harmonizing from National Assembly. Civil service workers earning 20k,50k and little above that.

How does that affect the Nigerians economy

This is no longer democracy
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by Olaolufred(m): 11:26am On Mar 23, 2012
A military coup is required.
We need another Nzeogwu or Orkar.
Military is the next option after this failed demon-cracy.
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by aybaba73yahoocouk(m): 11:38am On Mar 23, 2012
democracy seems to be too expensive 4 our economy.millitary should take ova power.disolve d greedy national asembley.sack everybody in govt. Parastals,disolve all d ministries, arrest every major polical player since d first republic.corrupt traditional n religous leaders n bussiness men.kill them if possible.seize dia monies n assets.organise a SNG wit d aim of a people orriented constitution dat ll be deliverd to an elected gov after a ten yr, infrastructural development of d country by d military. Or d country should break up now.
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by aybaba73yahoocouk(m): 11:43am On Mar 23, 2012
democracy seems to be too expensive 4 our economy.millitary should take ova power.disolve d greedy national asembley.sack everybody in govt. Parastals,disolve all d ministries, arrest every major polical player since d first republic.corrupt traditional n religous leaders n bussiness men.kill them if possible.seize dia monies n assets.organise a SNC wit d aim of a people orriented constitution dat ll be deliverd to an elected gov after a ten yr, infrastructural development of d country by d military. Or d country should break up now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere / Otedola Sues Tambuwal, Lawan, Others For N250bn / What Did Buhari Do For The South East As Head Of State And PTF Chairman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.