Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here (161178 Views)

Anatomy?,physiology?,or Medical Biochem? HELP!!! / **New**Opportunity for PHYSIOLOGY ,HUMAN ANATOMY and other BSc Graduates / Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by neuronin: 11:04am On Apr 01, 2013
drkay: Doctors can be entrepreneur, in fact, final year community medicine posting is all abt enterpreneurship. I remember 1 of my end-of-posting questions, "Discuss Health as a Commodity". Doctors are nt restricted to the 4 corners of the hospital, most of my consultants make larger percentage of their income outside medical practice. MBBS is a first degree bt nt like any other course, putting it in d categories of Transport mgt or yoruba is an INSULT. If u have it, I blv u'll hold it jealously.

Please read lines 2,3 and 4 of my post AGAIN. If English is not as difficult as your Medicine, you should see that you've got a misread there.

1 Like

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by fame12k(m): 1:53pm On Apr 01, 2013
@ drkay, i guess u re feeling on top of d world because u studied medicine. I hope u re now a consultant, because if u re still a GP, then keep quiet.

Proud to b an anatomist.
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by drkay(m): 8:28am On Apr 02, 2013
I wudnt trade words with U ppl, we r nt on d same page.
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by fame12k(m): 10:22am On Apr 02, 2013
drkay: I wudnt trade words with U ppl, we r nt on d same page.

Good for u. unfortunately we bear d same name - QUADRI

TAKIA
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 02, 2013
well,nobody really asked for your opinion here. If you cant be civil enough,then you might as well stop making comments here. You are saying comparing some courses to yours is an insult,what is the meaning of that?
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 02, 2013
Fellow collegue dats PRIDE u knw.
@ ALL, drkay is only tryin to defend d MBBS/BDS degree.Besides......>>Its nt easy to take d hippocrate oath sha..Anybodi dat has taken d oath will say d same tin..
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Olucheye(m): 3:42pm On Apr 02, 2013
Osahon7:
Fellow collegue dats PRIDE u knw.
@ ALL, drkay is only tryin to defend d MBBS/BDS degree.Besides......>>Its nt easy to take d hippocrate oath sha..Anybodi dat has taken d oath will say d same tin..

Its wisdom to be able to defend any personal issue outside without pride showing forth.. But Dr kay showed so much Stupidity so to say. Wondering how the likes of you will address people if you happen to be in a position of authority.
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by drkay(m): 4:50pm On Apr 02, 2013
E-fight I guess? Count me out!
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by neuronin: 8:33pm On Apr 03, 2013
drkay: E-fight I guess? Count me out!

no,it's not e-fight, you goofed on 2 counts and you should have apologized for your errors. 1, you did not understand or you misunderstood my simple, well-written English. 2, you offended many by your words which suggest some career arrogance.

By the way, which college of medicine in Nigeria (or abroad)produced you?
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Wizemmanuel(m): 9:10pm On Apr 03, 2013
Any doctor here lets chat on 2go,
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by drkay(m): 9:18pm On Apr 03, 2013
neuronin:

no,it's not e-fight, you goofed on 2 counts and you should have apologized for your errors. 1, you did not understand or you misunderstood my simple, well-written English. 2, you offended many by your words which suggest some career arrogance.

By the way, which college of medicine in Nigeria (or abroad)produced you?

Am nt compelled to respond to ur nonsense defense mechanism am I? I guess u have d luxury of time to waste on here. Talking abt me, I didn't understand ur so called big grammar dat've led u nowhere right? Common boy, I don't need to, If u were brilliant enof, u wudnt be here advocating for recognition of pre-clinical courses. Oh yea, am nt so brilliant okay? bt av NEVER written any exam twice. Am a medical doctor, a member of the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria. I used to have ppl like u in my pre-clinical days in sch boy, wise up. U maynt need need to react to dis boy.

1 Like

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Alaafialoro(m): 7:53am On Apr 04, 2013
drkay:

Am nt compelled to respond to ur nonsense defense mechanism am I? I guess u have d luxury of time to waste on here. Talking abt me, I didn't understand ur so called big grammar dat've led u nowhere right? Common boy, I don't need to, If u were brilliant enof, u wudnt be here advocating for recognition of pre-clinical courses. Oh yea, am nt so brilliant okay? bt av NEVER written any exam twice. Am a medical doctor, a member of the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria. I used to have ppl like u in my pre-clinical days in sch boy, wise up. U maynt need need to react to dis boy.
^^^ wow, such an arrogance! You bragged about never failing any exam,but you find it hard to respond intellectually to any of his questions, well maybe your academic intelligence doesn‘t affect how you relate to people,and that makes me wonder how you will relate with your patients. Learn to be humble or kindly stop commenting here because you show more of your arrogance each time you comment.
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by yusufcarez: 4:00pm On Apr 04, 2013
drkay:

i doubt if u ar a doctor.
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Liverpoolfc(m): 9:01pm On Apr 04, 2013
Point of order @ all, please this is not a bragging forum. Any thing you are today, remember that some body hv been there before and you are probably not the best person to hv been there. It is all about God's mercies and grace. Now, i hv started to appreciate BMS . I am proud to be a graduate of that faculty.

2 Likes

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 07, 2013
drkay:

Talking abt me, I didn't understand ur so called big grammar dat've led u nowhere right? Common boy, I don't need to, If u were brilliant enof, u wudnt be here advocating for recognition of pre-clinical courses. Oh yea, am nt so brilliant okay? bt av NEVER written any exam twice. Am a medical doctor, a member of the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria. I used to have ppl like u in my pre-clinical days in sch
am really amazed that people like this find their way into our health sector. How can there be progress in Nigeria then? You are not only arrogant to man,you are arrogant to God Almighty. That you are anywhere today,do you think its by your power or 'brilliance'? Being a medical doctor today is not because you are the best amongst your mates,God has a purpose for evrythn and evryone,and its a pity you havent discovered yours yet. I pity those that find themselves being attended to by you,so unlucky for them. You dont even portray any attribute of the oath you took. I know people like you,always looking down on Other courses nd people especially BMS. Am also starting to think you are one of those people that got their MBBS degree at d age of 23 or 24,so you have very little experience about life nd how it works.dont worry,pride goes before a huge fall... By the way,you are bragging about being a medical doctor,what have you achieved in life? How has people felt your impact in their lives? There are so many people out there,that before even finishing their 4 or 5 yr courses,people are already benefiting from their being around,cos they knew their purpose in life,nd made best use of d little opportunity that came their way. Life does not begin or end with being a medical doctor, or not having failed any exam, it is what you can give back that actually matters. Better pray to God for forgivness,and that He gives you the UNDESERVED GRACE to eventually make it in life with what you are ignrantly and foolishly bragging about.

8 Likes

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by gugoesom: 2:16am On May 19, 2013
Dear graduates of Human Anatomy, This is my first time on this website and i have gone through every comment made and my heart rends at the pain and fear you are going through due to no fault of yours. I am a graduate of B Sc anatomy but i now have M Sc and PhD also in Anatomy. I graduated in 1997 and took up a lecturing appointment and I am now a senior lecturer and Head of Department and up till date I have never regretted studying Anatomy. I just want to let you know that you are not alone in your quest. In my days as an undergraduate the reality of the limited prospect of our course came as a shock to some of us but we never allowed it to weigh us down, we did our best to excel. we had one objective to be the custodian of our course, we became Lecturers but we promised ourselves that once we are in position of authority we will fight to change the focus of our degree even though lecturing isn't that bad i must confess, its one of the good career jobs in Nigeria and as you all know as long as there are medical schools, school of nursing and health technology there will be a place for us to lecture Anatomy but unfortunately you need an M Sc or even a PhD to get a lecturing job in our universities but if that is what it will take then go for it. I will continue this gist tomorrow

7 Likes

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Liverpoolfc(m): 8:35am On May 20, 2013
gugoesom: Dear graduates of Human Anatomy, This is my first time on this website and i have gone through every comment made and my heart rends at the pain and fear you are going through due to no fault of yours. I am a graduate of B Sc anatomy but i now have M Sc and PhD also in Anatomy. I graduated in 1997 and took up a lecturing appointment and I am now a senior lecturer and Head of Department and up till date I have never regretted studying Anatomy. I just want to let you know that you are not alone in your quest. In my days as an undergraduate the reality of the limited prospect of our course came as a shock to some of us but we never allowed it to weigh us down, we did our best to excel. we had one objective to be the custodian of our course, we became Lecturers but we promised ourselves that once we are in position of authority we will fight to change the focus of our degree even though lecturing isn't that bad i must confess, its one of the good career jobs in Nigeria and as you all know as long as there are medical schools, school of nursing and health technology there will be a place for us to lecture Anatomy but unfortunately you need an M Sc or even a PhD to get a lecturing job in our universities but if that is what it will take then go for it. I will continue this gist tomorrow
you are welcome. Pls invite other well meaning BMS graduates to share their experience in this forum. I am a graduate of human physiology, I have gotten a job in a pharmaceutical company. I will like to be a lectural but a like pharmacology so much even while I was in sch I do better in pharmacology than physiology, though physiology makes pharm class a revision class. which path should I trend? Pharm or phsio?
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by fame12k(m): 10:08am On May 20, 2013
gugoesom: Dear graduates of Human Anatomy, This is my first time on this website and i have gone through every comment made and my heart rends at the pain and fear you are going through due to no fault of yours. I am a graduate of B Sc anatomy but i now have M Sc and PhD also in Anatomy. I graduated in 1997 and took up a lecturing appointment and I am now a senior lecturer and Head of Department and up till date I have never regretted studying Anatomy. I just want to let you know that you are not alone in your quest. In my days as an undergraduate the reality of the limited prospect of our course came as a shock to some of us but we never allowed it to weigh us down, we did our best to excel. we had one objective to be the custodian of our course, we became Lecturers but we promised ourselves that once we are in position of authority we will fight to change the focus of our degree even though lecturing isn't that bad i must confess, its one of the good career jobs in Nigeria and as you all know as long as there are medical schools, school of nursing and health technology there will be a place for us to lecture Anatomy but unfortunately you need an M Sc or even a PhD to get a lecturing job in our universities but if that is what it will take then go for it. I will continue this gist tomorrow

Thank u sir/ma for sharing ur experience here, am also a graduate of anatomy @ unilorin 2007, am currently rounding up my masters in anatomy @ UI, by God's grace i wil pick a phd form to proceed for my phd anatomy latter dis year.

I pray am favoured and get a job as a lecturer soon, being jobless is like having no life.
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by gugoesom: 10:54pm On May 20, 2013
Dear Anatomy Graduates, For a very long time our fate were determined by the medical doctors who actually left their primary area of assignment to become anatomy lecturers, but we are growing in number gradually and presently our voices are being heard. Before now an mbbs holder teaching anatomy can even become a professor of anatomy without having any degree in anatomy "can you imagine that" but that has changed for example in Bayero university kano where I lectured for about 11 years all the medical doctors lecturing anatomy could not gain any promotion to the next level unless they obtain their masters in anatomy. Before now if a medical doctor apply for lecturing in anatomy they will be offered a lecturer two position but that has stopped, the much they can get is assistant lecturer position. But the fact still remain that all the professors of anatomy presently in nigeria have mbbs as there first degree except Prof jacks of UNIMED and prof. Anibeze. So if lecturing anatomy is not a good prospect why do you think medical doctors are abandoning their practice to come and lecture anatomy. Though we are still grateful to the medical doctors who left their area of speciality to train us to be great anatomist but we say enough is enough we have a growing number of Anatomy graduates who can teach anatomy with a flare. i will continue tthis gist tomorrow

6 Likes

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by fame12k(m): 3:09pm On Jun 04, 2013
hello house
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Liverpoolfc(m): 9:08pm On Jun 04, 2013
fame12k: hello house
you are welcome to the house of BMS.

1 Like

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by gugoesom: 11:33pm On Jun 08, 2013
Now that i am the HOD of anatomy department of CRUTECH i am doing everything to change the curriculum of our program so as to broaden the scope of my students as they graduate. we introduced the following courses Sonographic anatomy and technique, introduction to forensic science , Biometry, introduction to mortuary science. introduction to forensic anthropology, advance embryology and medical genetics and radiographic anatomy, Our primary focus is to diversify anatomy.to be continued

3 Likes

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by fame12k(m): 3:57am On Jun 09, 2013
gugoesom: Now that i am the HOD of anatomy department of CRUTECH i am doing everything to change the curriculum of our program so as to broaden the scope of my students as they graduate. we introduced the following courses Sonographic anatomy and technique, introduction to forensic science , Biometry, introduction to mortuary science. introduction to forensic anthropology, advance embryology and medical genetics and radiographic anatomy, Our primary focus is to diversify anatomy.to be continued

ok sir, we re waiting for your update.
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Liverpoolfc(m): 8:28pm On Jun 09, 2013
gugoesom: Now that i am the HOD of anatomy department of CRUTECH i am doing everything to change the curriculum of our program so as to broaden the scope of my students as they graduate. we introduced the following courses Sonographic anatomy and technique, introduction to forensic science , Biometry, introduction to mortuary science. introduction to forensic anthropology, advance embryology and medical genetics and radiographic anatomy, Our primary focus is to diversify anatomy.to be continued
sir, can you introduce the HOD of physiology to this forum? How best can anatomy and physiology be made an applied medical course in Nigeria?
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by INTEGRITYTOBI(m): 7:47pm On Jun 10, 2013
Good one from the great anatomist who his courageous to reveal himself without being anonymous for the liberation of anatomy and not too conceited to share idea with undergraduates,graduates in this forum.It hightime in this nation, we Basic Medical Scientist get our autonomy and shouldnt be enslave by medical doctors.If other people can give explicit on how nurses & medical laboratory scientist get there independent from medical doctor it will be welcome.I know some years ago Nurse&MLS are also enslave by Medical Doctors but they unite to get there freedom and recognition in the medical field.We shouldnt fold our arms,keep finger cross and hope miracle will happen from space.As we all know this forum is for all BMS,we should be concern with the job prospect for all career in the field.Am always worried afterward reading hefty books in school,what labour market will provide is sale representative if you even get one thank God,there is no seat for BMS in hospital except lecturing in teaching hospital.Are we all to be a lecturer?Not all,who is the saviour for BMS?Everyone of us.Recognition must be given to us and well treated,imagine most people dont know who is a physiologist,anatomist,biochemist they only know perhaps when seeking admission.Everyone knows who a doctor,pharmacy,nurse,accountant,engineer is.Am using this medium to reach every predecessor to pave suitable way for the upcoming one by speaking,agitating for the freedom of BMS and the upcoming one should also strive for liberation as well.Let all join hand together to save BMS and smile at end.Thanks to everyone.Looking forward to seeing more BMS precursor and pioneer who will come for the aid of BMS.
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Wizemmanuel(m): 2:32pm On Jun 11, 2013
Pls where can i download anatomy and physiology textbooks
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Liverpoolfc(m): 10:57am On Jun 12, 2013
Wiz emmanuel: Pls where can i download anatomy and physiology textbooks
www.4shared.com click on books and type the name of the book you want. I hv medical books in my system
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Liverpoolfc(m): 11:01am On Jun 12, 2013
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Liverpoolfc(m): 11:05am On Jun 12, 2013
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by John1305(m): 8:58pm On Jun 22, 2013
I'm a fresh graduate of Physiology and I'm presently serving in the NYSC. As God would have it I as posted to the state hospitals management board who should have posted me (along side other physiologists) to hospital but they decided since our role in hospitals was not defined. It was very dis-heartening when we heard their claim.

Eventually, some of us were posted to hospital to handle health implements such as the ECG machine which was only found in one or two hospitals there. While others were ask to remain at the Board for other administrative duties.

I contacted some other colleagues of mine serving in other states and majority of them were sent to secondary schools to teach. Biology and Chemistry... That's serious.

It's quite despicable that a course like Medical physiology has no defined function in Nigeria. **sobbing**

It is well.

1 Like

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Wizemmanuel(m): 9:42am On Jun 23, 2013
Can 4share.com apps work on java phone.
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Olucheye(m): 7:03pm On Jun 24, 2013
The truth undiluted is.... There's practically no job function for us in hospitals unless you read more. I've sobbed times over this issue but rather than cry over split milk pick up the pieces and move on.

Make research on better masters degree you could do and work in a better environ. Like my Dad would always say, 'See Anatomy as just a staring point...... You've got a long way ahead of you"

Move past Sobbing.... Impossibility is nothing!

John1305: I'm a fresh graduate of Physiology and I'm presently serving in the NYSC. As God would have it I as posted to the state hospitals management board who should have posted me (along side other physiologists) to hospital but they decided since our role in hospitals was not defined. It was very dis-heartening when we heard their claim.

Eventually, some of us were posted to hospital to handle health implements such as the ECG machine which was only found in one or two hospitals there. While others were ask to remain at the Board for other administrative duties.

I contacted some other colleagues of mine serving in other states and majority of them were sent to secondary schools to teach. Biology and Chemistry... That's serious.

It's quite despicable that a course like Medical physiology has no defined function in Nigeria. **sobbing**

It is well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership / Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online / Oil Workers Zone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.