Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,848 members, 7,824,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

A Strong Case For NOI World Bank Presidency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Strong Case For NOI World Bank Presidency (8591 Views)

African Development Bank Presidency: 5 Serving Ministers, 3 Others Contest / Buhari Endorses Akinwunmi Adesina For African Development Bank Presidency / World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Strong Case For NOI World Bank Presidency by chinweub: 1:05pm On Mar 24, 2012
Re: A Strong Case For NOI World Bank Presidency by Nebeuwa(m): 1:06pm On Mar 24, 2012
I am starting to realize that Nigerians may suffer from a complex that we say in the United States called "Crabs in a barrel mentality." This term originates from the African American community when they noticed a phenomenon in nature, in which when crabs are placed into a barrel, despite their apparent confusion, some extend a claw to pull down any crab that is trying to escape.

The analogy in human behavior is that of a group, they will attempt to "pull down" (negate or diminish the importance of) any member who achieves success beyond the others, out of envy, conspiracy or competitive feelings. "If I can't have it, neither can you."

Nigerians may suffer from this complex, in which you all should be supporting Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, who is one of your own, but instead many of you just want to negate any achievement of hers. I feel that many of you do not understand the wisdom behind ending the fuel subsidy and I also feel that tribal undertones might be also playing a role in your decisions. I hope I am wrong, but I would hope that Africans would learn to get behind a person, who is able to represent the continent on the world stage.

Do you think Latin Americans are doing the same to their own candidate, José Antonio Ocampo? The answer is No, because they are rallying behind him.

1 Like

Re: A Strong Case For NOI World Bank Presidency by chinweub: 1:11pm On Mar 24, 2012
Re: A Strong Case For NOI World Bank Presidency by bizarre: 1:29pm On Mar 24, 2012
[quote author=Callotti]Disadvantage.
A toothless financial bullfrog. . .in a corrupt, rogue nation.

Indeed. Fantastic lies that would only look good on a fraudulent resume at casual glance.
NO NIGERIAN IS QUALIFIED FOR SUCH A POSITION BEFORE HE OR SHE DISGRACES NIGERIA ANY FURTHER IN FRONT OF THE WORLD.

Please. . . why was the Columbian omitted?

It's sad to see a Nigerian making this kind of comment.
Re: A Strong Case For NOI World Bank Presidency by Callotti: 2:08pm On Mar 24, 2012
bizarre: It's sad to see a Nigerian making this kind of comment.

Then you must really hate Nigeria.
You actually think NOI associating with the rogue government of Nigeria gives her any credibility?
If she had not come back to Nigeria to serve in ANY capacity, she would have earned my respect.
It just shows a NIGERIAN WILL ALWAYS BE A NIGERIAN.
Take a Nigerian to Harvard. . .it remains a CROOK!

Baff a pig. . .with holy water. . .it will play in the gutter!

Twa!
Re: A Strong Case For NOI World Bank Presidency by bluejeff(m): 2:41pm On Mar 24, 2012
Callotti:

Then you must really hate Nigeria.
You actually think NOI associating with the rogue government of Nigeria gives her any credibility?
If she had not come back to Nigeria to serve in ANY capacity, she would have earned my respect.
It just shows a NIGERIAN WILL ALWAYS BE A NIGERIAN.
Take a Nigerian to Harvard. . .it remains a CROOK!

Baff a pig. . .with holy water. . .it will play in the gutter!

Twa!
Because she came back to serve, she doesn't deserve your respect. How do you expect nigeria to move forward with this kind of mentality ? It was only right for her to contribute her quota to nigeria's development. WTF.
Re: A Strong Case For NOI World Bank Presidency by cheikh: 2:43pm On Mar 24, 2012
ebecode
Unfortunately,world politics is not rice and beans.As a matter of fact when it comes to chosing a world bank pres if US nominates & Japan & EU vote for d candidate.The candidate will win.is as simple as that.

@^^ Gbam!! grin grin grin. The "joker" or "Ace" is held by America whatever our quasi-sentiments may be. "Who pays the piper calls the tune". Besides, Jim Yong Kim is South Korean born(Oriental), American and an Academic too like any of the rest so called qualified candidates in the fray. The Voting patterns determine everything. The African sympathisers(votes) are in a minority with no financial/power leverage whatsoever but have enormous sentimental or "moral" goodwill. I wonder where the[b] realists [/b]of this world will cast their votes? grin sad. Numbers and [b]Backbone [/b]counts. NL opinions, support or even haters do not count grin wink.
Re: A Strong Case For NOI World Bank Presidency by Kobojunkie: 2:51pm On Mar 24, 2012
Demone: nigeria is far more complex than wat ordinary plus and minus can solve. some people with poverty mentality, 'messiah waiters,' think NOI will just swing her magic wand and all our problems will be over. low lives, poverty stricken minds like callito, wesley, oyb, and stagger of course your pentium 1 brain is staggering, judge people with their own standard. nigerians don't need negative minds like that. many nigerians are making their marks in the world, work on yourselves and the world will take their time to write your resume.

Since you claim that Nigeria is far too complex for her, doesn't it then follow that giving her the world would make no sense? I am asking since you claim your mind works better than that of others you chose there to throw under the bus.
Re: A Strong Case For NOI World Bank Presidency by Callotti: 2:51pm On Mar 24, 2012
bluejeff: Because she came back to serve, she doesn't deserve your respect. How do you expect nigeria to move forward with this kind of mentality ? It was only right for her to contribute her quota to nigeria's development. WTF.

Is she actually contributing to Nigeria or helping Nigeria go down the drain?
What exactly is she contributing?
Please tell us.
Thank you!
Re: A Strong Case For NOI World Bank Presidency by LadyT(f): 2:58pm On Mar 24, 2012
Please let's be serious for a mintue. NOI is the definition of incompetent let's cast our minds back to the fuel subsidy drama. During the interrogation at the senate or wherever is was. I watched NOI live state that her first 4 months in office were spent doing the budget so she had no clue about subsidy cabals etc. someone who claims to be educated spent 4 months signing off one of the more greedy corrupt inexcusable budgets known to man. She is a useless entity maybe it's the puff puff in her cheeks giving her problems I don't know. But it would be a big insult to every Nigerian for NOI and the word development to be used in the same sentence.
Re: A Strong Case For NOI World Bank Presidency by hallmark77: 4:17pm On Mar 24, 2012
Sentiment apart She is not well qualified to be in that position...
Re: A Strong Case For NOI World Bank Presidency by seunlayi(m): 4:43pm On Mar 24, 2012
despite all the hullabaloo at home (Nigeria) She is definitely competent, I believe that the Western Power will never allow her to get there

1 Like

Re: A Strong Case For NOI World Bank Presidency by PHIPEX(m): 5:53pm On Mar 24, 2012
LadyT: Please let's be serious for a mintue. NOI is the definition of incompetent let's cast our minds back to the fuel subsidy drama. During the interrogation at the senate or wherever is was. I watched NOI live state that her first 4 months in office were spent doing the budget so she had no clue about subsidy cabals etc. someone who claims to be educated spent 4 months signing off one of the more greedy corrupt inexcusable budgets known to man. She is a useless entity maybe it's the puff puff in her cheeks giving her problems I don't know. But it would be a big insult to every Nigerian for NOI and the word development to be used in the same sentence.
I didn't want to respond until I noticed that ur a lady who instead of being happy that for once someone of ur gender is being tipped to lead this great institution is busy with hatred and deceit. Where were u when she was gathering her credential? I guess u were busy targetting d richest boy in ur community to befriend. Pardon my anger but this discuss has truely opened my young eyes further to the saying that an enemy at home is more dangerous than the enemy without. Very soon another urgly news will emanate from 9ja and we all will as usual blame d international community for portraying us in bad light. How much of d Korean do u know to believe that he is better than NOI if not hatred?
Re: A Strong Case For NOI World Bank Presidency by LadyT(f): 7:57pm On Mar 24, 2012
PHIPEX: I didn't want to respond until I noticed that ur a lady who instead of being happy that for once someone of ur gender is being tipped to lead this great institution is busy with hatred and deceit. Where were u when she was gathering her credential? I guess u were busy targetting d richest boy in ur community to befriend. Pardon my anger but this discuss has truely opened my young eyes further to the saying that an enemy at home is more dangerous than the enemy without. Very soon another urgly news will emanate from 9ja and we all will as usual blame d international community for portraying us in bad light. How much of d Korean do u know to believe that he is better than NOI if not hatred?

Is that the best you could come up with cheap personal insults? you really do not want to start what you cannot finish.

You really think true intelliegence is measured by studying text and cramming it and then answering a set of SET questions with a set answer
Where was I when she was doing her studying Probably in my mothers womb. And not chasing some rich boy maybe there was what your mother was doing when NOI was busy getting her credentials I dont know please ask her.

That is not intelligence. You have not addressed any of the points I bought up such how could you even dare claim she spent 4 months on a budget where the president spends 1billion naira on food!

We dont care about the world bank we are concerned about Nigeria and the task at hand.
Re: A Strong Case For NOI World Bank Presidency by PHIPEX(m): 8:40pm On Mar 24, 2012
LadyT:

Is that the best you could come up with cheap personal insults? you really do not want to start what you cannot finish.

You really think true intelliegence is measured by studying text and cramming it and then answering a set of SET questions with a set answer
Where was I when she was doing her studying Probably in my mothers womb. And not chasing some rich boy maybe there was what your mother was doing when NOI was busy getting her credentials I dont know please ask her.

That is not intelligence. You have not addressed any of the points I bought up such how could you even dare claim she spent 4 months on a budget where the president spends 1billion naira on food!

We dont care about the world bank we are concerned about Nigeria and the task at hand.
I don't engage in faceless warfare bt I find your reaction very funny, if u felt this bad by my comment how come u lost all respect for a woman that is old enough to be your mother? (U can go 2ru ur comment again). That some persons are public officeholders doesn't make them public slaves. One thing I know is that respect is reciprocal if u want to be respected then learn to talk to others wt respect. Make u no vex if u think I insulted ur ego. Moreso if u say the issue is about Nigeria alone then u hv missed the bigger picture, its nt just about Nigeria bt about Africa, its about developing countries, womanhood and general change in status-quo. Let's nt allow a mere subsidy debate rob us all of this bigger dream else we may all endup as "pennywise and pound foolish"
Re: A Strong Case For NOI World Bank Presidency by LadyT(f): 11:21pm On Mar 24, 2012
PHIPEX: I don't engage in faceless warfare bt I find your reaction very funny, if u felt this bad by my comment how come u lost all respect for a woman that is old enough to be your mother? (U can go 2ru ur comment again). That some persons are public officeholders doesn't make them public slaves. One thing I know is that respect is reciprocal if u want to be respected then learn to talk to others wt respect. Make u no vex if u think I insulted ur ego. Moreso if u say the issue is about Nigeria alone then u hv missed the bigger picture, its nt just about Nigeria bt about Africa, its about developing countries, womanhood and general change in status-quo. Let's nt allow a mere subsidy debate rob us all of this bigger dream else we may all endup as "pennywise and pound foolish"

You dont have a point you asked me what I was doing when NOI was busy getting her creditals after insulting me with some wack comment about running after some guy in the village. If you cant take it dont dish it out. You are the one who lacks respect re read what you orignally wrote to me I dont know you from Adam.

You dont have a point its about Africa please for the the love of God almighty we must remove the tree trunks from our own eyes in nigeria first before we worry about the tooth pick in Africans eyes. How does a world bank really benefit the world

And how can you belittle the ridiculous fuel subsidy debacle. This woman was party to an unstainable budget and the only way to fund this budget was to inflict hardship on the masses. This is incompentance my friend!
Re: A Strong Case For NOI World Bank Presidency by Nobody: 11:59pm On Mar 24, 2012
Hasn't she worked there before? She must have insight into the affairs of the bank than the other candidates.
Re: A Strong Case For NOI World Bank Presidency by musiwa46: 12:20am On Mar 25, 2012
it is not in the best interest of nigeria that ngozi heads the world bank.

her character is in question.
Re: A Strong Case For NOI World Bank Presidency by Obiagu1(m): 1:28am On Mar 25, 2012
Why is it that Kobo would attack every Igbo lady. She would attack Dora to the grave, same with NOI; and many more. She sees absolutely nothing, not even "one" good thing about them.
What's really getting her agitated?

Nawa oo!
Re: A Strong Case For NOI World Bank Presidency by BlackPikiN(m): 1:33am On Mar 25, 2012
hallmark77: Sentiment apart She is [size=15pt]not well qualified[/size] to be in that position...

Wetin we no go hear for bad belle people?
Re: A Strong Case For NOI World Bank Presidency by BlackPikiN(m): 1:36am On Mar 25, 2012
LadyT: Please let's be serious for a mintue. NOI is the definition of incompetent let's cast our minds back to the fuel subsidy drama. During the interrogation at the senate or wherever is was. I watched NOI live state that her first 4 months in office were spent doing the budget so she had no clue about subsidy cabals etc.[size=15pt] someone who claims to be educated spent 4 months signing off one of the more greedy corrupt inexcusable budgets known to man. She is a useless entity maybe it's the puff puff in her cheeks giving her problems I don't know.[/size] But it would be a big insult to every Nigerian for NOI and the word development to be used in the same sentence.

Mehn, you sound so dumb.
I mean flat dumbo!
Re: A Strong Case For NOI World Bank Presidency by Kobojunkie: 2:15am On Mar 25, 2012
Obiagu1: Why is it that Kobo would attack every Igbo lady. She would attack Dora to the grave, same with NOI; and many more. She sees absolutely nothing, not even "one" good thing about them.
What's really getting her agitated?

Nawa oo!

Here's a quick question for you. This should be easy for you since I assume you are grown up with a fully developed brain, and in addition, you are not a dullard, there. Where exactly did Kobo ATTACK this woman, or say anything [b]UNTRUE [/b]about this woman. If you really believe what you say there, you should be able to respond correctly with no pain.

PS. Spare me any additional ramblings that do not aid you in correctly answering the simple question I have asked you here.
Re: A Strong Case For NOI World Bank Presidency by LadyT(f): 8:25am On Mar 25, 2012
This is a pointless debate if NOI supporters don't have any facts to backup why she is right for the job. Telling me I sound dumb for stating exactly what she said live on TV is pointless. You need to do better or stay silent.
BlackPikiN:

Mehn, you sound so dumb.
I mean flat dumbo!
Re: A Strong Case For NOI World Bank Presidency by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 25, 2012
LadyT: This is a pointless debate if NOI supporters don't have any facts to backup why she is right for the job. Telling me I sound dumb for stating exactly what she said live on TV is pointless. You need to do better or stay silent.

the horror of cheap internet

too many kids who are best suited to debating on who has the best house on mtv cribs come to the politics section with nothing but empty arguments

you can bet while most of us watched noi making a fool of herself on channels, they were watching some music channel or reality tv show.

i doubt if they even know what station channels is

all they have are the typical empty arguments by people who have no idea how to measure acheivement.

what have you done in your own life etal. because of these kids, one sometimes almost wishes the subsidy had come through.i suspect they are the ones who will be serously hit by it when dad/mum cuts credit money to save costs
Re: A Strong Case For NOI World Bank Presidency by emsquare(m): 9:23am On Mar 25, 2012
Kind of fishy!!!
Re: A Strong Case For NOI World Bank Presidency by LadyT(f): 9:05pm On Mar 25, 2012
oyb:

the horror of cheap internet

too many kids who are best suited to debating on who has the best house on mtv cribs come to the politics section with nothing but empty arguments

you can bet while most of us watched noi making a fool of herself on channels, they were watching some music channel or reality tv show.

i doubt if they even know what station channels is

all they have are the typical empty arguments by people who have no idea how to measure acheivement.

what have you done in your own life etal. because of these kids, one sometimes almost wishes the subsidy had come through.i suspect they are the ones who will be serously hit by it when dad/mum cuts credit money to save costs

Thank you!!!!
Re: A Strong Case For NOI World Bank Presidency by KellyIsonguyo: 1:29am On Oct 29, 2013
Its happen to be a general sickness when issues on to elect, appoint, delegate etc arises. we have been civilised enough to the extent, we should allowed civilisation influence our thought, reasoning and our views. we actualy been singing like song ie calling a spade "a spade". what does a Doctor has to do with Economist or what equate health and finance.

Jim Kim is a medical doctor while Okonjo Iweala is a finance minister and she has the experieced. Let go sentiment and let face the reality.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Will You Do If You Were The Governor Of Your State? In Terms Of Development / Budget Padding: Jibrin Disowned By 10 Principal Officers / Biafra: EU Parliament Calls For The Immediate Release Of Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.