Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,472 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? (27264 Views)

Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? / Being A Strong Woman Isnt Remarkable, It's Normal - Adichie / Is Cheating Normal For Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by queensmith: 1:05am On Mar 27, 2012
Shout when im angry...nothing wrong in that
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by strangerf: 2:40am On Mar 27, 2012
queensmith: Shout when im angry...nothing wrong in that

It is people like you who bully their husband by yelling at them. Some of those husbands will kill themselves, others will live their lives feeling depressed and ostracized and sorry, others, will strike back with a weapon; they may kill their victimizer ( i,e, the wife), or they will probably have to settle for whoever is in range.

Rock on baby! Keep yelling at your weak hubby
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by mazaje(m): 3:27am On Mar 27, 2012
queensmith: Shout when im angry...nothing wrong in that

The same way it will be ok for your husband to slap you when he is angry, nothing wrong with that as well. . . .
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Ilekokonit: 7:18am On Mar 27, 2012
My wife did exactly the same and that was what ended our marriage of more than 10 years
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by adl(f): 7:25am On Mar 27, 2012
The story is incomplete. There is no crazy woman.my husband screams at me and when I try to explain he says am shouting at him. I had to start recording our conversation to proof who shouts at each other to him. As for getting the kids involved and they turning against him. No matter how young they are, they know the truth.I think the man should sincerely look inward with a view to correcting himself rather than blaming the woman

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Ilekokonit: 7:35am On Mar 27, 2012
debrief08:
the day i shout on my husband in front of my son I know my marriage is over. Crazy people, always going to church but have no single fear of God in their heart

Its refreshing to hear that a lady sees a wife shouting at her husband as abnormal and crazy.

My Ex wife went to the extent of asking me the following question in front of my son at the top of her voice "Are you mad" and I noticed that my then 10 year old son had to scrutinize my face for my reaction and then look back at his mothers face and then back to my face.

And yes my Ex is a full Naija bred person just like me but she was revelling in the freedom of expression that living in the UK gives women to do and undo.

Suffice it to say that her antics eventually crumbled her marriage of close to 15 years. And she still has not learnt her lesson as she is still as stubborn as ever although we are no longer together.

Thats what the UK and the Western world turns some of our women into and the reason why a lot of guys in the West are holding fire and delaying for as long as possible before saying "I do".

The wedding day is a hundred metre dash but the actual marriage is a marathon.
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by tunde1200(m): 7:43am On Mar 27, 2012
shouting or naging on a man by his wife reduce the risk of staying long in life. medically it will lead a man to have stroke when growing old. but all depend on man most times how you handle your woman realy mater most, because virtually all of them want to dominate if given chances especially when having uper hand financially.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Tokotaya: 9:12am On Mar 27, 2012
It's wrong for a woman to shout on her hubby. A man is the head of the family. How can you dishonour your own head? It's pure ignorance, plus stupidity, plus lack of manners.
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 27, 2012
For those who believe every problem must be solved with violence, shouting or slapping , enjoy your marriages, na una sabi
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by harakiri(m): 10:49am On Mar 27, 2012
dayokanu: A lot of women do this.

Yell at their husband and set the children against the dad
, Though most kids by the time they grow up would just know their mom was immature, but some women would have succeded in convincing the teenage kids that their dad is evil while the man is bursting his asss to provide for his family and be a good dad.

I have seen this happen many times where the woman would refer to the husband as the "Unfortunate man", the Irresponsible man etc.

If a woman would now raise your own children, fruit of your loins to despise you.

Some women are evil

It's always refreshing when a few folks spit the truth as it is.
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by harakiri(m): 10:52am On Mar 27, 2012
strangerf:

It is people like you who bully their husband by yelling at them. Some of those husbands will kill themselves, others will live their lives feeling depressed and ostracized and sorry, others, will strike back with a weapon; they may kill their victimizer ( i,e, the wife), or they will probably have to settle for whoever is in range.

Rock on baby! Keep yelling at your weak hubby

Thank you jare. When the man gets physical with her, she'll come here,open one dumb post and all the fake people (who happen to be the greater majority on this forum) will castrate the man.
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by harakiri(m): 10:52am On Mar 27, 2012
mazaje:

The same way it will be ok for your husband to slap you when he is angry, nothing wrong with that as well. . . .

Nice one!
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Jemibee: 11:07am On Mar 27, 2012
Marriage is not as easy as it sounds!! I'm sure most of u who have answered aren't even married so u ought not to comment. We need peeps who are experienced here. I'm married and for over 2yrs and i can tell u that this is somethg that can happen. Unfortunately, There's room for such occasionally be it from the hubby or wife.
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by queensmith: 11:50am On Mar 27, 2012
I disagree with all of you, youd probably say its fine when a man is doing the shouting so i wont bother with the nuiscance argument.
Anger is only natural and everyones coping mechanism is different, its natural for a disagreement to lead to heated exchanges , shouting and even swearing. Nobody is above this man or woman, violence and using children is very different.
just because he's a man doesnt mean he's above reproach! Mshew
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Nobody: 11:54am On Mar 27, 2012
queensmith: I disagree with all of you, youd probably say its fine when a man is doing the shouting so i wont bother with the nuiscance argument.
Anger is only natural and everyones coping mechanism is different, its natural for a disagreement to lead to heated exchanges , shouting and even swearing. Nobody is above this man or woman, violence and using children is very different.
just because he's a man doesnt mean he's above reproach! Mshew
I agree to some extent, amd we are saying the same thing, shout and quarel with each other the bad part is doing it in front of the kids and using the kids as weapons in your fight.
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by harakiri(m): 11:59am On Mar 27, 2012
Jemibee: Marriage is not as easy as it sounds!! I'm sure most of u who have answered aren't even married so u ought not to comment. We need peeps who are experienced here. I'm married and for over 2yrs and i can tell u that this is somethg that can happen. Unfortunately, There's room for such occasionally be it from the hubby or wife.

What has been being married or not have to do with this issue for goodness sake? Did you understand the OP's post at all? The answer requires basic common sense, period! Coming here to advertise your "OVER TWO YEARS OF MARRIAGE EXPERIENCE" is nonsense.
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by queensmith: 12:55pm On Mar 27, 2012
debrief08:
I agree to some extent, amd we are saying the same thing, shout and quarel with each other the bad part is doing it in front of the kids and using the kids as weapons in your fight.

I guess at that point the couples need to agree there are real problems that need to be resolved.
Mine was just to agree that shouting in general will be normal between couples, everyone has their disagreements.
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Mar 27, 2012
queensmith:

I guess at that point the couples need to agree there are real problems that need to be resolved.
Mine was just to agree that shouting in general will be normal between couples, everyone has their disagreements.
queensmith:

Differnet strokes, but I believe maybe erroneously that shouting wont make your point be heard any clearer, it makes the point not to be heard at all. But if some couples feel shouting is the wy to go let it be done away from the kids. It is not nice to raise kids who believe they can only be heard by shouting down the other party
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by marjo: 1:11pm On Mar 27, 2012
i have come to discover one thing in marriage - never seek to judge what goes on in other peoples marriages. every couple has their issues and for every action there is a reaction. everyone tells the story from their own angle - by the time you ask the wife you will be amazed that there is more to it than meets the eye. i believe every couple knows how to live with each other within their relationship. i make no judgements. now as for me personally, i am not a shouting person . in my relationship i have let my spouse know what is unacceptable to me and once he crosses the line he knows what to expect - to each their own.
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by taryour(f): 1:16pm On Mar 27, 2012
debrief08:

very very true debrief08;coupls av arguments alot but using kids as weapon is totally bad. I used to shout alot wen am arguing,even on my siblings but snc i got married av learnt to caution myself,d respect i av for my hubby is enuf to caution me wen we av dissagrements. Even dou i feel like shouting to make my point but i dont cause he is my husband.after everting has cooled down,as a woman i still no how to make my point heard without shouting and thats what makes u a woman (resolving issues without blowing it out of propotion)
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by stepo707: 1:24pm On Mar 27, 2012
marjo: i have come to discover one thing in marriage - never seek to judge what goes on in other peoples marriages. every couple has their issues and for every action there is a reaction. everyone tells the story from their own angle - by the time you ask the wife you will be amazed that there is more to it than meets the eye. i believe every couple knows how to live with each other within their relationship. i make no judgements. now as for me personally, i am not a shouting person . in my relationship i have let my spouse know what is unacceptable to me and once he crosses the line he knows what to expect - to each their own.

Best Answer

I love this quote
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Fhemmmy: 1:30pm On Mar 27, 2012
stepo707:

Best Answer

I love this quote

Beautiful quote . . . .
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by dayokanu(m): 2:22pm On Mar 27, 2012
debrief08:
Differnet strokes, but I believe maybe erroneously that shouting wont make your point be heard any clearer, it makes the point not to be heard at all. But if some couples feel shouting is the wy to go let it be done away from the kids. It is not nice to raise kids who believe they can only be heard by shouting down the other party

But you should also know that shouting and yelling at one another is the beginning of abuse.

I have read severally how you complained bitterly about your ex-husband yelling at you till you almost cry.

Maybe you cried because you couldn't beat him physically, but assuming it as your younger sis, bro, child or someone physically weaker than you that yelled and shouted at you, would you be 100% sure you wont slap the person?

My point is, The moment you start yelling and shouting, Thats already an aggressive behaviour and can lead to whatever just like a slap can lead to stabbing or shooting and ppl would say " Wasnt it a mere slap, kick etc, How come you brought out the knife or gun"
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 27, 2012
dayokanu:

But you should also know that shouting and yelling at one another is the beginning of abuse.

I have read severally how you complained bitterly about your ex-husband yelling at you till you almost cry.

Maybe you cried because you couldn't beat him physically, but assuming it as your younger sis, bro, child or someone physically weaker than you that yelled and shouted at you, would you be 100% sure you wont slap the person?

My point is, The moment you start yelling and shouting, Thats already an aggressive behaviour and can lead to whatever just like a slap can lead to stabbing or shooting and ppl would say " Wasnt it a mere slap, kick etc, How come you brought out the knife or gun"
Please read from my first post to the last I have in no way condoned or advocated for shouting. i stated clearly that the wifes behavior is an emotional form of abuse and she doesnt beat him becuase she is not strong enough.
Having said that some couples are loud and not everyone will share my view hence the statement "if for some couples shouting is the way to go". I will not shout, accept shouting down or advice anyone to be shouted down on. Make your points without making the other party feel less of a human being
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 27, 2012
And I also said it is no way to raise kids who will grow up believing that the best way to get what they want is shouting others down, that is bullying.
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by dayokanu(m): 2:31pm On Mar 27, 2012
debrief08:

I think your point here, You are already swaying in the direction of people who believe shouting is ok. You can disagree without shouting and yelling
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Mar 27, 2012
Yes Dayo you can disagree without shouting and yelling and I have said that severally here, I am not swaying, I will only give my point and not force it down anyones throat.
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by queensmith: 2:34pm On Mar 27, 2012
debrief08:

Of course we can hold our opinions on whether or not shouting is the way to go. The question is is it normal and I think it is, we're not all jesus and the jesuits, we all have our ways of dealing with things so long as there is clear communication between the two of you i dont see a problem.
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 27, 2012
queensmith:

Of course we can hold our opinions on whether or not shouting is the way to go. The question is is it normal and I think it is, we're not all jesus and the jesuits, we all have our ways of dealing with things so long as there is clear communication between the two of you i dont see a problem.
Read the post again, Is shouting normal when a spouse shouts down at the other in the presence of the kids and reports another adults to their kids? No It is not normal, If shouting down at your spouse in the presence of your kids is normal then if the husband reacts by slapping her also there then it is normal. So if a man beats his wife because he hates to talk and cant control his anger shebi it is normal too becuase he is not Jesus or a saint?
Dayokanu I get your point now, The issue is not even about the kids being present but about one partner shouting down the other, just like it wont matter if he beats her in front of the kids or when they are alone. It is not normal,
Each should learn to contro his/ her temper and find better ways to work things out, when you shout every time you are upset then you clearly have a problem managing your anger
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by queensmith: 2:47pm On Mar 27, 2012
debrief08:
Read the post again, Is shouting normal when a spouse shouts down at the other in the presence of the kids and reports another adults to their kids? No It is not normal, If shouting down at your spouse in the presence of your kids is normal then if the husband reacts by slapping her also there then it is normal. So if a man beats his wife because he hates to talk and cant control his anger shebi it is normal too becuase he is not Jesus or a saint?
Dayokanu I get your point now, The issue is not even about the kids being present but about one partner shouting down the other, just like it wont matter if he beats her in front of the kids or when they are alone. It is not normal,
Each should learn to contro his/ her temper and find better ways to work things out, when you shout every time you are upset then you clearly have a problem managing your anger

We are twisting this thing up and down now, the question reads; is it normal for a woman to shout at her husband?

My answer is sure, what you are doing is knit picking and has nothing to do with my point.
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 27, 2012
queensmith:

We are twisting this thing up and down now, the question reads; is it normal for a woman to shout at her husband?

My answer is sure, what you are doing is knit picking and has nothing to do with my point.
Okay my clear answer is No, it is not normal
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by dayokanu(m): 2:52pm On Mar 27, 2012
queensmith:

No rational human being shouts and yell at another just like no rational human being beats another.

You have the ability to shout, What if your partner cant shout back?

We have seen ppl react violently after been shouted at, Some have stabbed or shot after being shouted on, Some who cant fight have commited suicide.

Ask debrief she would tell you that atimes you would prefer to be beaten than shouted at

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Narrates How Lazy Her Father Is, Collects Monthly Allowance From Wife / Child Found Wondering.. (pix) / The Joys Of Motherhood In Pictures!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.