Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,782 members, 7,824,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Security Operatives Uncover Bomb Factory At Kano Road In Kogi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Security Operatives Uncover Bomb Factory At Kano Road In Kogi (4885 Views)

Bomb Blast At Kano Motorpark Leaves Many Dead (Graphic Photos) / Jonathan Pulls massive Crowd At Kano Presidential Rally (Photos) / Police Uncover Bomb In Kano Food Market, Two IEDS At Popular Owerri Eatery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Security Operatives Uncover Bomb Factory At Kano Road In Kogi by free2ryhme: 10:00am On Mar 27, 2012
Security operatives on Monday uncovered a bomb factory in an uncompleted building along Kano Road, Kabba, Kogi State.

The Unit Commander of the Anti Bomb Squad, Kogi State, Mr. Cletus Nzeji, while conducting journalists round the building on Monday, said their investigations revealed that the owner of the uncompleted building normally visited the place late at night.

He stated that security operatives placed the building under surveillance for three days when they got intelligence information about suspicious activities in the uncompleted building that might undermine public peace and threaten security of lives and property.

He said, “We finally stormed the building around 2am on Monday.”

He added that the security team recovered five canisters that were ready for use, one military cap, large quantity of wire and ropes and many jackets.

Nzeji added that the team also recovered from the bomb factory a bank teller showing N36,000 deposited in one of the banks in Okene and a locally made bomb ready for use.

Also substances suspected to be explosives at various stages of production were recovered from the scene.

A security source said if production of those unfinished explosives had been completed, the masterminds would have wreaked untold havoc on the people.

http://www.punchng.com/news/security-operatives-uncover-bomb-factory-in-kogi/
Re: Security Operatives Uncover Bomb Factory At Kano Road In Kogi by nbltech(m): 11:31am On Mar 27, 2012
may God help us! i'm suprise dat Police did not made any arrest.
Re: Security Operatives Uncover Bomb Factory At Kano Road In Kogi by achi4u(m): 11:33am On Mar 27, 2012
this are the kind of news we need to be hearing.more thanks to the security outfit...don't know about the men in 'black'
Re: Security Operatives Uncover Bomb Factory At Kano Road In Kogi by kombats: 11:36am On Mar 27, 2012
9ja turning to iran gringringrin
Re: Security Operatives Uncover Bomb Factory At Kano Road In Kogi by worm(f): 11:44am On Mar 27, 2012
What is with the "Kano Road" in the headline

1 Like

Re: Security Operatives Uncover Bomb Factory At Kano Road In Kogi by Magnanimity(m): 11:59am On Mar 27, 2012
An army cap ? An army cap ?

1 Like

Re: Security Operatives Uncover Bomb Factory At Kano Road In Kogi by moderattor: 12:02pm On Mar 27, 2012
where are the people they arrested?
Securithieves!
Re: Security Operatives Uncover Bomb Factory At Kano Road In Kogi by Omen100(m): 12:16pm On Mar 27, 2012
achi4u: this are the kind of news we need to be hearing.more thanks to the security outfit...don't know about the men in 'black'

PLEASE KINDLY TELL ME, WHAT ARE YOU THANKING THEM FOR, WHAT IS IT THAT IS SO SPECIAL ABOUT WHAT THEY HAVE ACHIEVED? WHERE ARE THE SUSPECTS THAT WAS ARRESTED?
Re: Security Operatives Uncover Bomb Factory At Kano Road In Kogi by chakula: 12:23pm On Mar 27, 2012
worm: What is with the "Kano Road" in the headline

I dey surprise wo, they are trying always to black paint the state as boko haram congregation.
Re: Security Operatives Uncover Bomb Factory At Kano Road In Kogi by snthesis(m): 12:29pm On Mar 27, 2012
truth is the mastermind of these bombings are within us, in the community. its up to the members of d communities to flush them out by providing info on suspicious movement to the appropriate authorities. Also the appropriate authorities should make it as easy as possible to be receptive to this info, by ensuring protection or making the approach as coded as possible i.e massive publicity/ orientation on numbers/email/contact details that such suspicious info can be sent to without revealing the identity of the provider(d down side would be crank calls.
Re: Security Operatives Uncover Bomb Factory At Kano Road In Kogi by emmke(m): 12:42pm On Mar 27, 2012
worm: What is with the "Kano Road" in the headline
news such as this needs to be given a northern "feel", lol. bad news about the north gets more traffic on nl. Threads like "robbery attack kills 3 in awka", hardly make it to 2 pages.
Re: Security Operatives Uncover Bomb Factory At Kano Road In Kogi by gegee(m): 12:42pm On Mar 27, 2012
chakula:

I dey surprise wo, they are trying always to black paint the state as boko haram congregation.
na wa o that's the location na ... along kano road. they didn't say kano state, kano road.
Re: Security Operatives Uncover Bomb Factory At Kano Road In Kogi by achi4u(m): 12:46pm On Mar 27, 2012
Omen100:

PLEASE KINDLY TELL ME, WHAT ARE YOU THANKING THEM FOR, WHAT IS IT THAT IS SO SPECIAL ABOUT WHAT THEY HAVE ACHIEVED? WHERE ARE THE SUSPECTS THAT WAS ARRESTED?
atleast half bread is better than none.those already prepared bombs could be lunch at any fvking time and who knows the area it can happen?
Re: Security Operatives Uncover Bomb Factory At Kano Road In Kogi by babaowo: 1:01pm On Mar 27, 2012
instead of this guyz invest their time to produce better things than this distructive tools.
Re: Security Operatives Uncover Bomb Factory At Kano Road In Kogi by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 27, 2012
POOR EXCUSE FOR A RELIGION. I wish Bhuda had gotten to them first before you know who and the world would have been a much better place today.
Re: Security Operatives Uncover Bomb Factory At Kano Road In Kogi by tigerleggs(m): 1:23pm On Mar 27, 2012
My Kogi is not a Bokoland and can never be. Few schizophrenic islamic schemers in Kogi must not be allowed to succeed. I call on Middle Belters and Easterners to rise up to challenge.
Re: Security Operatives Uncover Bomb Factory At Kano Road In Kogi by GarbaAudu: 2:12pm On Mar 27, 2012
Kano road ko? Kano community ni! Southern press is becoming more comical. KANO ta Dabo tumbin giwa ko da me kazo an fika!
Re: Security Operatives Uncover Bomb Factory At Kano Road In Kogi by Calebsy07: 2:47pm On Mar 27, 2012
As many people that Says this country will not have peace. Their heads will definately be the ransom that will be paid for good people of this country to ve peace. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Security Operatives Uncover Bomb Factory At Kano Road In Kogi by CuteTj(m): 3:58pm On Mar 27, 2012
nbl tech: may God help us! i'm suprise dat Police did not made any arrest.
as at the time police stormed the site and ìf nobody was found at the site, should they just arrest innocent people just because they want to make it appear that they are doing their jobs?
Re: Security Operatives Uncover Bomb Factory At Kano Road In Kogi by FRANKLINTON(m): 5:28pm On Mar 27, 2012
Thumbs up to the security operatives and more power to your elbow
Re: Security Operatives Uncover Bomb Factory At Kano Road In Kogi by mekaboy(m): 5:45pm On Mar 27, 2012
WHENEVER I READ NEWS FROM SECURITY AGENCIES IN NIGERIA, I AM AMAZED AT THEIR FOOLISHNESS.

THE OWNER OF THE HOUSE ALWAYS COMES THERE LATE AT NIGHT:- I THOUGHT THAT WHAT A WISE PERSON WOULD DO WAS
1, GO AND LOOK INTO THE BUILDING IN THE OWNERS ABSENCE
2, WHEN YOU HAVE DISCOVERED THAT THE PLACE IS A BOMB FACTORY, THEN YOU LAY AMBUSH AND WAIT FOR THE OWNER.

BANK TELLER WAS FOUND, IS THERE NO NAME ON THE TELLER? HAS THE BANK TRANSACTION BEEN INVESTIGATED.?

I THINK THE MEDIA SHOULD BAN THE SECURITY AGENCIES FOR GIVING ANY INFORMATION TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL THEY BECOME WISER .
Re: Security Operatives Uncover Bomb Factory At Kano Road In Kogi by Chysunshine: 7:18pm On Mar 27, 2012
mekaboy: WHENEVER I READ NEWS FROM SECURITY AGENCIES IN NIGERIA, I AM AMAZED AT THEIR FOOLISHNESS.

THE OWNER OF THE HOUSE ALWAYS COMES THERE LATE AT NIGHT:- I THOUGHT THAT WHAT A WISE PERSON WOULD DO WAS
1, GO AND LOOK INTO THE BUILDING IN THE OWNERS ABSENCE
2, WHEN YOU HAVE DISCOVERED THAT THE PLACE IS A BOMB FACTORY, THEN YOU LAY AMBUSH AND WAIT FOR THE OWNER.
U jst spoke my mind, y nt trace d depositor or even mention hs name, nawao
BANK TELLER WAS FOUND, IS THERE NO NAME ON THE TELLER? HAS THE BANK TRANSACTION BEEN INVESTIGATED.?

I THINK THE MEDIA SHOULD BAN THE SECURITY AGENCIES FOR GIVING ANY INFORMATION TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL THEY BECOME WISER .
Re: Security Operatives Uncover Bomb Factory At Kano Road In Kogi by ssjalo(m): 8:23pm On Mar 27, 2012
MAY GOD HELP OUR LAND
Re: Security Operatives Uncover Bomb Factory At Kano Road In Kogi by Ilekokonit: 2:11am On Mar 28, 2012
Nzeji added that the team also recovered from the bomb factory a bank teller showing N36,000 deposited in one of the banks in Okene

Just N36,000 ?? So it has now become clear that funding is a big issue in clamping down on their operations.
So if the authorities can police their source(s) of funding then their activities can eventually be crippled.

Our Anti terrorism officers will need to learn from their Western counterparts how Al Qaeda's funding was sabotaged leading eventually to the current curtailing of Al Qaeda's activities.
Re: Security Operatives Uncover Bomb Factory At Kano Road In Kogi by bakila: 10:40pm On Mar 28, 2012
jerseyboy: POOR EXCUSE FOR A RELIGION. I wish Bhuda had gotten to them first before you know who and the world would have been a much better place today.
who got to you first?

(1) (Reply)

For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria / Enugu PDP Ward Congress, Governor Chime Schemed Out / Is Comedian I Go Dye A Prophet? Is Joke Came To Pass....jonathan Lost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.