Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,580 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

Enugu PDP Ward Congress, Governor Chime Schemed Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu PDP Ward Congress, Governor Chime Schemed Out (4865 Views)

SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out / Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo / Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu PDP Ward Congress, Governor Chime Schemed Out by Clerverly: 12:39am On Nov 04, 2014
There was confu­sion yesterday in Enugu State over the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) scheduled ward congresses with the party’s two fac­tions making conflicting claims.

While the members of the faction loyal to Gover­nor Sullivan Chime led by Chief Ikeji Asogwa as acting Chairman waited in vain for the materials for the con­gress to arrive from Abuja, the Senator Ike Ekeremadu faction led by Elder David Aja, also as acting chairman said that congress had suc­cessfully been conducted in the state. The battle of wits over the congress started at the Abuja Wadata House of the party on Friday night, as some principal officers of the National Assembly allegedly tried to hijack the materials .

Sunday Sun reliably gath­ered that two Senators, a House of Representatives member, and a former Min­ister of Information from the state had kept vigil at the party’s headquarters in a bid to take possession of the ma­terials. Our source said the group led by one of the Senators had arrived at the national secretariat of the party with hundreds of policemen and thugs.

Sunday Sun also gath­ered that from 3:00p.m to 9:00p.m on Friday night, the politicians who were ac­companied by two national officers of the PDP from the South-East allegedly tried to take possession of the mate­rials meant for the election of delegates in the 260 wards in the state.

The source said that their presence at the party’s secre­tariat made the five-man pan­el who were to bring the ma­terials to Enugu to be scared, as their policemen and thugs were all over the place.

Not knowing what next to do, the source said that the panel members took the materials collected from the party secretariat to the Wuse 2 Police Station, Abuja for safe keeping.

According to the source, some party chieftains and of­ficials in Enugu had waited at the Akanu Ibiam Internation­al Airport Enugu yesterday for the arrival of the materi­als to no avail.

When Sunday Sun visited the state PDP secretariat yes­terday, party members were seen in large numbers anx­iously waiting for the arrival of the materials.

By 3:30p.m, news came from Abuja that the congress in the state had been can­celled with no new date fixed for the exercise.

However, factional state Chairman of the party, Elder Aja, said they held the ward congresses and they were successful. Aja who addressed report­ers yesterday said that field reports he received indicated that the congresses were suc­cessfully conducted across the state without any hitch.

Said he: “As you are aware, the congresses of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the 266 Electoral Wards of Enugu State were held today where three del­egates were elected by our members in the various wards.

But in a swift reaction, the state Publicity Secretary of the party, Dr Okey Eze said that no ward congress had officially commenced in the state as at 4: 30pm yesterday.

“The state party secretariat has been open and ready for the congress since 7:00a.m today. No member of the electoral panel from the na­tional secretariat of the party has reported to our party of­fice at N0. 1 Chime Lane, G.R.A, Enugu, the venue of­ficially designated by the na­tional secretariat of our party for the commencement and coordination of all the con­gresses and party primaries.” Eze said.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=88977
Re: Enugu PDP Ward Congress, Governor Chime Schemed Out by Clerverly: 12:40am On Nov 04, 2014
APC should be held responsible for this mess!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu PDP Ward Congress, Governor Chime Schemed Out by OAUTemitayo: 1:17am On Nov 04, 2014
Tinubu is behind this

10 Likes

Re: Enugu PDP Ward Congress, Governor Chime Schemed Out by egift(m): 5:22am On Nov 04, 2014
I heard his faction did not even see the Result Sheets. Enugu has a tendency to turn our backs on Ex-Governor. Chime did well, I don't know why he want to impose so many candidates as well. If the current Congress result should stand, the only way to be elected as a PDP Candidate is to stay away from Chime.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu PDP Ward Congress, Governor Chime Schemed Out by Ugwumba60: 5:27am On Nov 04, 2014
Yes Team Ikeoha Ndi Igbo.
Re: Enugu PDP Ward Congress, Governor Chime Schemed Out by dridowu: 6:22am On Nov 04, 2014
Chime : Buhari and Tinubu are the brain behind it

5 Likes

Re: Enugu PDP Ward Congress, Governor Chime Schemed Out by ichidodo: 6:46am On Nov 04, 2014
How can you post topic and be first to comment?! Anyway...The PDP like any other organisation will always have internal clashes but the beauty of their brand of democracy is their ability to present a united front during elections...

7 Likes

Re: Enugu PDP Ward Congress, Governor Chime Schemed Out by Clerverly: 6:49am On Nov 04, 2014
ichidodo:
How can you post topic and be first to comment?! Anyway...The PDP like any other organisation will always have internal clashes but the beauty of their brand of democracy is their ability to present a united front during elections...

I see implosion!

6 Likes

Re: Enugu PDP Ward Congress, Governor Chime Schemed Out by Nempi(m): 6:54am On Nov 04, 2014
Buhari is working
Re: Enugu PDP Ward Congress, Governor Chime Schemed Out by Udehpaschal1(m): 6:56am On Nov 04, 2014
The presidency should chip into this before it gets out of hand!
Re: Enugu PDP Ward Congress, Governor Chime Schemed Out by Clerverly: 7:00am On Nov 04, 2014
egift:
I heard his faction did not even see the Result Sheets. Enugu has a tendency to turn our backs on Ex-Governor. Chime did well, I don't know why he want to impose so many candidates as well. If the current Congress result should stand, the only way to be elected as a PDP Candidate is to stay away from Chime.

Ike Ekweremmadu, was the first to hail the congress as "very free and fair"! I learned Chime has started hobnobbing with APC cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Enugu PDP Ward Congress, Governor Chime Schemed Out by Clerverly: 7:02am On Nov 04, 2014
Udehpaschal1:
The presidency Patience should chip into this before it gets out of hand!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu PDP Ward Congress, Governor Chime Schemed Out by Nobody: 7:06am On Nov 04, 2014
All PDP States are having the same Problem. They are failing, they will fail. Anyway, Chief John Oyegun is to be blamed for this

2 Likes

Re: Enugu PDP Ward Congress, Governor Chime Schemed Out by ichidodo: 7:20am On Nov 04, 2014
Clerverly:

I see implosion!
On the contrary,it has always been a family affair unlike the boko-haram mosaic patchwork that is the APC and their Janjweed supporters..

2 Likes

Re: Enugu PDP Ward Congress, Governor Chime Schemed Out by o42austino(m): 8:26am On Nov 04, 2014
Imposition of candidates is d problem we are hvin in Enugu state, How can a seating governor want to impose his babe(Ifeoma Nwobodo) a married woman for that mata on all of us? Chime wants to be a senator but its common sense for him to hand over the seat of government in d state to The Deputy Senate president and take over as a senator but he refuse and wants that seat for him self and also the seat of Senator Gilbert for his babe(Mrs.Ifeoma Nwobodo), someone shld tell my Governor to choose his war correctly and trying to fight everyone at all front will lead him to fail which has started.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu PDP Ward Congress, Governor Chime Schemed Out by Udehpaschal1(m): 8:34am On Nov 04, 2014
Clerverly:

what has patience got to do with this now?
Re: Enugu PDP Ward Congress, Governor Chime Schemed Out by Udehpaschal1(m): 8:39am On Nov 04, 2014
barcanista:
All PDP States are having the same Problem. They are failing, they will fail. Anyway, Chief John Oyegun is to be blamed for this

please, why hasn't this dude been banned for insulting our admin seun. Law and order must be kept on this forum to avoid repetition... If not others will take a cue from him.

No hard feelings tho .just saying my mind
Re: Enugu PDP Ward Congress, Governor Chime Schemed Out by Clerverly: 8:41am On Nov 04, 2014
Udehpaschal1:

what has patience got to do with this now?

Installing Governorship candidates in PDP cool
Re: Enugu PDP Ward Congress, Governor Chime Schemed Out by Clerverly: 8:44am On Nov 04, 2014
o42austino:
Imposition of candidates is d problem we are hvin in Enugu state, How can a seating governor want to impose his babe(Ifeoma Nwobodo) a married woman for that mata on all of us? Chime wants to be a senator but its common sense for him to hand over the seat of government in d state to The Deputy Senate president and take over as a senator but he refuse and wants that seat for him self and also the seat of Senator Gilbert for his babe(Mrs.Ifeoma Nwobodo), someone shld tell my Governor to choose his war correctly and trying to fight everyone at all front will lead him to fail which has started.

Why didn't you tell T A Orji, Elechi, Akpabio, Jang etc all these?
Re: Enugu PDP Ward Congress, Governor Chime Schemed Out by Udehpaschal1(m): 9:03am On Nov 04, 2014
Clerverly:

Installing Governorship candidates in PDP cool

i thought i warned you to stop this weed intake. Its really affecting you. We are talking about real issues on ground and you are talking about PEJ. SMH for u
Re: Enugu PDP Ward Congress, Governor Chime Schemed Out by o42austino(m): 9:28am On Nov 04, 2014
Clerverly:

Why didn't you tell T A Orji, Elechi, Akpabio, Jang etc all these?
I take kia of where i stay, Enugu is my state of Residency, Note that Enugu people love Chime but Ifeoma is Chimes Downfall and Ndi Enugu will do anything to make sure that Mrs.Ifeoma Nwobodo did not succeed in becoming a senator. is this d same woman that cause problem btw Chime and d wife and she is also responsible for the impeachment of the deputy governor of the state, her over bearing influence in Enugu politics must End now, they can join APC after.
Re: Enugu PDP Ward Congress, Governor Chime Schemed Out by saintneo(m): 10:02am On Nov 04, 2014
o42austino:
I take kia of where i stay, Enugu is my state of Residency, Note that Enugu people love Chime but Ifeoma is Chimes Downfall and Ndi Enugu will do anything to make sure that Mrs.Ifeoma Nwobodo did not succeed in becoming a senator. is this d same woman that cause problem btw Chime and d wife and she is also responsible for the impeachment of the deputy governor of the state, her over bearing influence in Enugu politics must End now, they can join APC after.

Nwele(nwanne in my local 042 tongue), I love your response. Charity begins at home; it is left for the people of Plateau, Akwa Ibom, Ebonyi, Abia and other PDP states to fight injustice/negativity. Clerverly, you don't expect a man with ants on his bed to be commenting about the locusts in his neighbour's farm.

1 Like

Re: Enugu PDP Ward Congress, Governor Chime Schemed Out by egift(m): 10:04am On Nov 04, 2014
Chime wants to organize his own ward congress election today.
Re: Enugu PDP Ward Congress, Governor Chime Schemed Out by Fire15: 10:05am On Nov 04, 2014
barcanista:
Haba! Chief John Oyegun ke? Asiwaju Bola Tinubu is the cause of the whole problem.
Re: Enugu PDP Ward Congress, Governor Chime Schemed Out by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 04, 2014
o42austino:
Trust me they will be tamed in APC

1 Like

Re: Enugu PDP Ward Congress, Governor Chime Schemed Out by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 04, 2014
Fire15:

Haba! Chief John Oyegun ke? Asiwaju Bola Tinubu is the cause of the whole problem.
grin grin grin I thought it was Amaechi o. Since he defected to APC things have never been alright with the PDP in Enugu State.

1 Like

Re: Enugu PDP Ward Congress, Governor Chime Schemed Out by egift(m): 10:22am On Nov 04, 2014
barcanista:
grin grin grin I thought it was Amaechi o. Since he defected to APC things have never been alright with the PDP in Enugu State.

I was thinking it is Fashola that is dividing Enugu PDP grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Enugu PDP Ward Congress, Governor Chime Schemed Out by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 04, 2014
egift:

I was thinking it is Fashola that is dividing Enugu PDP grin grin grin
It could be Aregbesola of Osun State. Since his reelection, PDP in Enugu State have been in confusion

3 Likes

Re: Enugu PDP Ward Congress, Governor Chime Schemed Out by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 04, 2014
IgrigiAPC:

:O Dear Solomon, Igrigi warns you in the name whatever you serve. Stay away from issue concerning my state, i don't meddle in okririka issues. lipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealed
Stop trolling me eedeeot. You are a empty chest-beating coward. You got no balls but EMPTINESS.

To Hell With you.

1 Like

Re: Enugu PDP Ward Congress, Governor Chime Schemed Out by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 04, 2014
IgrigiAPC:

**LOL**Ok Solomon Tonye, get ready to sh1t hot-sh.1t in the next killamity party. lipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealed o: **grins**
Bleep you. Only a foolish man will copy picture from a My own alt Profile Picture on NL, which i uploaded on Friday and claim conquest. You are a coward and an empty chest-beater.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Buhari Dropped Rotimi Amaechi For German Tour / What Nnamdi Kanu Said About The Name Nigeria / South East Will Become Ungovernable Territory Soon Control By Warlords - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.