Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Looks Vs Eloquence - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Looks Vs Eloquence (6583 Views)

Looks Like Adekunle Gold And Simi Are In A Relationship (see Photos) / For Men That Judge Women By Their Looks / Should A Blind Man Care About A Partner's Looks? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looks Vs Eloquence by cowgurl: 7:43am On Mar 28, 2012
Have u ever been taken aback walking up 2 a dude or babe u so admired longingly only to find out he/she cannot speak english eloquently? Or will u rada luk past it n stil go ahead n date him/her?(aftaal as ppl alwys say "english no b our language, na borrow we borrow am"wink.
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by slimyem: 7:50am On Mar 28, 2012
inability to express yourself in simple and correct english is an instant NO!
There's no excuse for bad english especially if the speaker claims to be educated.

2 Likes

Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 28, 2012
Justbecause someone is super-educated does not make said person a worthy partner. If you cannot see beyond the outward to make the choice for a partner, you have a long way to go. Why reject someone who will treat me with the utmost respect on the basis of their ''ineloquence'' and stick with an eloquent a**hole? Not to say that those that do not speak good english are gems and vice versa but that would not be my criteria for choosing.

1 Like

Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by Chimezie198(m): 8:43am On Mar 28, 2012
cheesy cheesy
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 28, 2012
slimyem: inability to express yourself in simple and correct english is an instant NO!
There's no excuse for bad english especially if the speaker claims to be educated.

You are a joke!

Tuface was once in the cabal of the notoriously ineloquent.

Yes oh
Nothing dey happen.

Now tellme what has english got to do with your own love?
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by Talking(m): 10:10am On Mar 28, 2012
Eloquence is not important at all IMO, CHARACTER is key. Simples! wink wink
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by Dyt(f): 10:16am On Mar 28, 2012
well
depends on d kind of attraction i v 2wards d said person
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by slimyem: 10:19am On Mar 28, 2012
breezy047:

You are a joke!

Tuface was once in the cabal of the notoriously ineloquent.

Yes oh
Nothing dey happen.

Now tellme what has english got to do with your own love?
i'm a joke.yes!
Now what?
The FIRST thing that'd make me lend my ears to what anyone has to say be it male or female (except illiterates) anyday-anytime is their ability to communicate in SIMPLE and correct english.
It has always been my INITIAL standard for evaluating anyone and it'll always be.
Bite me! cheesy cheesy
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by slimyem: 10:22am On Mar 28, 2012
Talking: Eloquence is not important at all IMO, CHARACTER is key. Simples! wink wink
the thread title says Looks versus Eloquence!
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by Sugardiva(f): 10:41am On Mar 28, 2012
I'll take eloquence any day. Lack of it is simply a huge turn off for me. But not incomprehensible eloquence spouted by the likes of Hon. Patrick Obiagbovon grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by Nobody: 10:45am On Mar 28, 2012
@OP
so long as we can "communicate" in some way, then i see nothing wrong in such person. not speaking English doesnt automatically mean stoopid (depending on where you live).

also, not all women are approached with the mindset of dating, sometimes her fantastic body is what attracts men towards her, therefore what she says is irrelevant so long as she let them taste her "honey pot".
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by ifihearam: 10:54am On Mar 28, 2012
This na very serious issue oo,there are some pple that are gorgeous but have very bad diction and murderers of english language but if face with the situation I had rather choose a girl dats not too good looking but speaks well that a beautiful illiterate.
That reminded me of how my friend took out a girl in our company and went to watch a football mtch that same day and the next thing this pretty girl popped out from her mouth was "are you a arsenal fans" my friend almost collapsed in the presence of all. My dear I nor fit stand am one bit.
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 28, 2012
slimyem: i'm a joke.yes!
Now what?
The FIRST thing that'd make me lend my ears to what anyone has to say be it male or female (except illiterates) anyday-anytime is their ability to communicate in SIMPLE and correct english.
It has always been my INITIAL standard for evaluating anyone and it'll always be.
Bite me! cheesy cheesy

English is only a language amongst a million others but attraction has no language.

When you find a man who seems to have a huge quality and you feel very attracted. . .even if his english is watery like that of those neat sexy billionaire arab gentlemen. . .my dear you dont even need to lend your ears to understand what's going on between you two.
Your communications will find a way to make itself clear. wink wink

Oya bring you ears lemme bite
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by ArQueBusieR(m): 12:33pm On Mar 28, 2012
Looks? No. My family would kill me.
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by dabrake(m): 12:33pm On Mar 28, 2012
Other attitudes are class B. Attitude is class A.
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by 9zeros(m): 1:18pm On Mar 28, 2012
[quote author=breezy047]

English is only a language amongst a million others but attraction has no language.

When you find a man who seems to have a huge quality and you feel very attracted. . .even if his english is watery like that of those neat sexy billionaire arab gentlemen. . .my dear you dont even need to lend your ears to understand what's going on between you two.
case closed. A1
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by Dyamante(f): 1:23pm On Mar 28, 2012
Eloquence any day,any time.Not being able to express oneself in english is a complete turnoff
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by amefi(m): 1:25pm On Mar 28, 2012
slimyem: inability to express yourself in simple and correct english is an instant NO!

LOL @ claims.
Claim is what you receive from insurance,lotto win, court case compensation etc. Education on the on hand is acquired over a lifetime and ends in grave. It is an everyday process of learning. If you happen to come across someone who is ignorant in a particular field, especially the use of english, dont just get turned off.You could be of help in refining him to the best standard you deem fit for your class.

Anyway,how are you doing? Cheers.
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by KINGwax(m): 1:25pm On Mar 28, 2012
Looks all d way
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by pdpiperpippen: 2:02pm On Mar 28, 2012
The question is as good as askin me to choose btw my eyes and my ears,none of d above, sori u didn't give me any option. tongue
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 28, 2012
Eloquence. I can't stand bullets.
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by Goldieluks: 2:09pm On Mar 28, 2012
Looks is not too important, eloquence to me is very important.
Communicating with simple and correct english makes life rather easier. I may fall faint in front of a guy who speaks incorrect english, now that's very embarrassing.
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by ArQueBusieR(m): 2:10pm On Mar 28, 2012
I shed my flak jacket a long time ago.
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by macalurs(m): 2:10pm On Mar 28, 2012
Classic Naija mentality question: owo versus bobo-nkiti

Women have always had this problem. "He's uneducatedly rich," she says to her girlfriend.

"But at least you get to shop in France!" Dorothy replies.

Personally, I find more comon sense in things less English (western). I think Spanish women are hot!!!! By spanish I mean women from spain. And English is not their first language by any chance.
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by Bastiger(m): 2:15pm On Mar 28, 2012
See me see wahala o! Does eloquence mean dat one must be proficient in english language?dia r a thousand and one people who r eloquent in their various languages and dialects and i respect dat a lot.this craze for proficiency in english language has led to the near extinction of some languages in nigeria.well if i meet a lady whom i desire n she doesnt knw how to express herself in english,4me itz no problem as long as shez not daft,but if a lady decides to look down on me just cos i no fit speak oyibo wey no be her papa language ehn,mek she go hug kainji dam transformer!!

1 Like

Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by Nobody: 2:34pm On Mar 28, 2012
Goldieluks: Looks is not too important, eloquence to me is very important.
Communicating with simple and correct english makes life rather easier. I may fall faint in front of a guy who speaks incorrect english, now that's very embarrassing.

Hahaha
Sweetheart pls dnt faint.
You know if he's a very very funny guy you would end up having a good time bucuz you wouldn't know exactly what's making you laugh around him. Is it the jokes or the bullets.
grin grin grin

Where have you been?
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by mamaafrik(m): 2:39pm On Mar 28, 2012
Eloquence seals it up men...,jst a nadia simple luk is enuf,yesk!!
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by chmod777: 2:50pm On Mar 28, 2012
My people and low self esteem.
Eloquence does it imply only English ? it could be Igbo, Greek, Spanish, Swedish, German, Russian. It is very clear that naija piple at home and those in the UK and the US feel so much inferior that they think speaking English (sound diction) matters. Please to an average WHITE MAN who is not from the UK/US, it is very irrelevant , not to talk of China, Japan etc. Move round the world and you see clearer and get a new life. You will begin to appreciate to speak Yoruba, Igbo or Housa.

I wish i could take ALL niaija piple with me to places I have been to. Then they would realize.

Wake up from inferiority complex.
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by slimyem: 3:01pm On Mar 28, 2012
breezy047:

Oya bring you ears lemme bite
hey!
English is our official language and if anyone as much as schooled in Nigeria or any other English-speaking country for that matter,i expect them to be able to communicate sensibly and effectively with it!
*Gbagauns* make me puke and there's just no short-cut around it!
Wouldnt be nice if i laugh at every sentence my partner manages to form.would it?cheesy cheesy
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by obimind(m): 3:02pm On Mar 28, 2012
I'd go for eloquence cus it speaks so much abt ur personality anyday anytime.
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by slimyem: 3:09pm On Mar 28, 2012
amefi:

LOL @ claims.
Claim is what you receive from insurance,lotto win, court case compensation etc. Education on the on hand is acquired over a lifetime and ends in grave. It is an everyday process of learning. If you happen to come across someone who is ignorant in a particular field, especially the use of english, dont just get turned off.You could be of help in refining him to the best standard you deem fit for your class.

Anyway,how are you doing? Cheers.
i dont see any reason why anyone should be ignorant of a language that is his/her main vehicle of education!
It is however understandable for other fields outside that.
Refining means polishing-a little shine!it can be worked on but seriously,some *gbagauns* are not refineable.trust me!cheesy cheesy
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by Phems(m): 3:12pm On Mar 28, 2012
Why eloquence in English Language alone among other languages...?
I don't know when language become essential criteria in relationship.
Even the Britons who own the language dont go as far as do when it comes to English Language.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tips To Know When Someone Is Crushing On You / A Question For The 'single' Ladies / After Hours On Waiting for Her, She Comes Out Looking Like This. . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.