Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,492 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

The North Is Multi Ethnic And Multi Religious Society - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The North Is Multi Ethnic And Multi Religious Society (571 Views)

Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce / Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons / Awo Lecture: Why North Is A Problem To National Unity – Eminent Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The North Is Multi Ethnic And Multi Religious Society by bilms(m): 1:54pm On Mar 28, 2012
THE NORTH IS MULTI ETHNIC AND MULTI RELIGIOUS SOCIETY

I was going through the just concluded UTME English paper and i saw an article on the first passage talking about traditional religion.

What caught my attention most is the conclusion that the traditional religion is no longer in the north northern Nigeria because it has been swept out completely by Islam. But this is not true,Contrary to popular believes,the North is a multi ethnic,multicultural and multi religious society. Before the spread of Islam,there exists targets of traditional worship, though,it differ from one community to another. Their belief revolved around a big distant god referred to as UBANGIJI',who is surrounded by intermediaries called Iskoki,who are directly in touch with men and control their affair. Till today,we still have these worshipers who are called 'MAGUZAWA.

(1) (Reply)

Oritsejafor Has Hidden Agenda, Says JNI / Pakistan Jails Osama Bin Laden's Family / Ngige, Olanipekun Back Sovereign Conference, New Constitution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.