Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,094 members, 7,825,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

I Need A Break. This Is Insane - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need A Break. This Is Insane (6314 Views)

How To Help A Friend During A Break Up / A Pregnant Woman Going Insane Because Of Her Hubby, Needs Your Advice Urgently. / Should I Let My Insane Friend Live With Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 28, 2012
I need a break from this family section, am I the only one who has noticed that this section of the forum is getting more boring and annoying? am I the only one who has noticed that there is no day we log on without seeing one thread on abuse and adultery. WTF. Is it a must to be married? why didn't y'all stay single and spare my brain from this mumbo jumbo. Nairaland used to be one of my non pharmacological stress management therapy but not anymore. You all make it look like marriage is a hell hole that one has to stay in for the rest of their lives. I look at myself everyday and I ask myself, if I was on this site before marriage, I wouldn't have gotten married at all because the amount of nonsense-die-there-for-better-for-worse-balderdash i read here everyday, makes me wonder why that institution marriage was created in the first place.

Marriage is to be enjoyed and not endured. No one tied your legs there and no one told you to get married. Stop discouraging people with your stoopid stories. If it is okay to live with an abusive spouse, why the fork are you on here sharing your diary with us?

psffffffff. I have finally let out the steam.

3 Likes

Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 28, 2012
Lol, my dear it can be tiring abeg. It is not even the sharing of problems that one is great because it helps the person relieve the stress having someone to talk to. It is the fact that they only want advice that will help them cope with being treated like slaves and second class citizens in their own homes.
He cheats : It must be your fault, change
He beats you: You must have provoked him, change, fast and pray, go to SCOAN
He disrespects you: You must have done something to earn that

My dear I taya too. If people come online specify the advice you want to hear so some people will not bother talking, if you want ways to cope and further enslave yourself say so. It is so depressing, thank God i remarried before i got here, i for don die. lol, Them for add to my depression.
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Outstrip(f): 3:32pm On Mar 28, 2012
I feel your pain but at the same time you feel a sense of responsibilty in a way. I remember when I first came to Nairaland. I honestly thought it was the joke section before I finally signed on. Half the time I was super pissed. Nowadays it is more like why am I raising my blood pressure over nonsense
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 28, 2012
@Outstrip

It is insane. I log on to NLD because I am interested in one story and by the time you click on the thread, you log off feeling depressed. WTF. The worst part is coming on here to ask for advises on how to manage their slow poke of a husband. It is depressing.

@Debrief

seriously ooo, I would have just stayed single. I read stories and I ask myself, is it not the same marriage I am in right now? ki lo de?
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 28, 2012
@ poster, it's simple. Simply stop posting replies to posts u find irritating, or even walk away sometimes.

I must say, however, that being here on the family section has really broadened my views on marriage generally. I was for long a silent reader here. I've been married for a number of years, but missed out on a lot of good advice when I was in dire need of them. I made mistakes, lots of them. I did not have the benefit of a different perspective, like I do now, reading from here. You guys don't know how you may be impacting someone's life, one way or another when you post. This section has been an eye opener for me, cos here in Nigeria, we don't have many marriage counselors. In more ways than one, I feel blessed being here, and all thanks to you all who care enough to reply. Don't you for any reason, feel angry when someone disagrees with you, or when your advice is rejected. This is bound to happen cos we are all different and reason differently. This in no way means someone else somewhere is not picking up the advice and using it for their own benefits.

7 Likes

Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 28, 2012
I am pretty sure there are many people out there and even on Nairaland in happy marriages. But we are less likely to see threads from peeps like that. I mean what will they start a thread on? "I had a blast with husband last week" or "my God I am having so much fun in my marriage or "Sex was so great last nigt" LOL

So we are bond to see threads from those who are actually in need of advice, people having trouble/issues.

6 Likes

Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 28, 2012
jenny - u have finished me with laughter - my daughter is just here wondering why mummy is crying so hard with tears in my eyes.

my dear I ACTUALLY had to drink medicine for the headache I got from reading a lot of the topics this week.

i'm still laughing o!!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 28, 2012
Cotton

I could not handle it for a second there my dear. I was just typing my response on one thread ooo just for me to read the post of another person before me and it was another woman asking for a way to live with her husband, she said she has begged, cried, given ultimatums and so on yet it did not work and was busy asking the men for advise on how to manage her husband. I thought I was going to faint for a second after reading that.

It was just too much for me jooo. Ahn ahn, every day this week, I have been pressing hard on my keyboards just because I am trying to give someone my valuable advise, only for another one to pop out from no where. Arggg its not funny

1 Like

Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 4:16pm On Mar 28, 2012
I may be wrong but i strongly believe all these crazy marriages are as a result of "forget your husband and concentrate on your kids" Marriages. The mothers give too much attention to the kids while the husband is not even there to teach the boy to be a man. In the first place the mans actions have canceled whatever he may want to teach the child about being a responsible husband. The mother on the other hand turns the boy to a mini husband and over spoils him making him inconsiderate of the feelings of others, to the mother he is always right and he takes this attitude when he marries. The girls kuma are brought up by such mothers who poured all her love on her son and making them feel inferior, they also watch their mom spend her life praying and crying over a man who has no regards for them.
It is just my small little theory but thats the best way I can explain this to myself

2 Likes

Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 4:19pm On Mar 28, 2012
This is the post that almost drove me insane

modele2: I read all, becos i was so curious to know how it ended or solid advice that was given. Why? becos i have or perharps am still going thru this kind of situation, mines better becos its not an ex and its not one woman, but i am sure its just about messages text, BB, FB etc. I am sure becos there is really no room for physical fowl play, he returns home early and we spend weekends together.

Unfortunately i saw no solid advice or gameplan, i needed a man in the house to give me a good gameplan, i think the women in the house are just speculating no offence.

[b]I have tried the viscious confrontation, that one backfired with the issue now being how insultive and physcial i was.On another expose, I then tried the begging crying comfrontation and that lead to an apology but no restitution, I finally tried the logical, matured conversational approach and no show. The result of each of this scenarios lead to him locking up his gadget saying i had no right to read his messages blah blah...that for me shows an unrepentant spirit. He tired keeping his phone clean, deleting messages that just arrived or records of compromising phone calls. The ones i saw i just stumbled on, i wasnt searching for anyting in particular.

HE feels justified becos he dosent sleep with them, but we all know thats how it starts and it makes me scared for him and myself in the future. After the last episode, where i stumbled on a compromising message i decided not to dwel on it. Am getting tired of the whole denial saga, besides i have a semblance of peace and happiness in the home. Basically i have thrown in the towel on that episode hoping feverently it doesent consume us in the future...but what can i do.

So long and short, men in the house can we get fresher, better game plans to break this kind of emotional bondage. For him he is having fun and feels he is immune to fallin headlong, hes just playing with fire[/b]. embarassed
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 4:19pm On Mar 28, 2012
^^^Why do women have to do this to me?
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Outstrip(f): 4:22pm On Mar 28, 2012
Unique!:
@ poster, it's simple. Simply stop posting replies to posts u find irritating, or even walk away sometimes.

I must say, however, that being here on the family section has really broadened my views on marriage generally. I was for long a silent reader here. I've been married for a number of years, but missed out on a lot of good advice when I was in dire need of them. I made mistakes, lots of them. I did not have the benefit of a different perspective, like I do now, reading from here. You guys don't know how you may be impacting someone's life, one way or another when you post. This section has been an eye opener for me, cos here in Nigeria, we don't have many marriage counselors. In more ways than one, I feel blessed being here, and all thanks to you all who care enough to reply. Don't you for any reason, feel angry when someone disagrees with you, or when your advice is rejected. This is bound to happen cos we are all different and reason differently. This in no way means someone else somewhere is not picking up the advice and using it for their own benefits.

It is things like this that make me bother to respond. Sometimes it is not about the poster. It is because I know someone else will read it and benefit. It is tough sometimes because for someone who just believes everyone should make their way I get frustrated when I read a woman who was born free accept and advices others to live in bondage because that is what marriage is about. I know that some man will come here and realize that he is not a cash cow because other women work and contribute to the family. I know that a woman will come here and realize that just because she does nto have a son doesn't mean that she is a failure. I know that men will come here and know that just because they were born with a p3nis does not make them God's gift to a woman. Even then sometimes you still have to slap yoruself to believe that you are not hallucinating when you read some of the topics
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 28, 2012
Outstrip:

Even then sometimes you still have to slap yoruself to believe that you are not hallucinating when you read some of the topics

LMAO. I have done it a million times, you have no idea

1 Like

Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 28, 2012
One came to complain to me for the uptenth time in my office yesterday that her husband beat her again for reading Linda Ikejis blog on the Ogo Issue and banned her from visiting the blog, I was tired of holding her hand and i used your style, told her to go abeg, I don taya to talk the same matter, if she wan stay die as Mrs. na her choice but let me not be burdened by buying white lace for burial. The same thing over and over, he beats you you come and cry I advice you, you gp home after some days you tell me " he said it will never happen again" then you stop talking to me because he has ordered you not to, then you come back again afetr some weeks/ months and we start again, I told her abeg no be by force to do friend. So frustrating.
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Tgirl4real(f): 5:24pm On Mar 28, 2012
jennykadry: @Outstrip

It is insane. I log on to NLD because I am interested in one story and by the time you click on the thread, you log off feeling depressed. WTF. The worst part is coming on here to ask for advises on how to manage their slow poke of a husband. It is depressing.

@Debrief

seriously ooo, I would have just stayed single. I read stories and I ask myself, is it not the same marriage I am in right now? ki lo de?

You are so right. I nearly had high blood pressure reading all the horrow tales they"ve been bombarding us with since Sun.

Infact, I almost started a thread on this same issue but thought against it.

If you click on recent posts, what you see there is family section throughout. It has totally dominated the entire forum with one marital problem to another.

I wonder, if we are in the season of complaining. I am so tired.
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by blacklion(m): 5:28pm On Mar 28, 2012
rokiatu: I am pretty sure there are many people out there and even on Nairaland in happy marriages. But we are less likely to see threads from peeps like that. I mean what will they start a thread on? "I had a blast with husband last week" or "my God I am having so much fun in my marriage or "Sex was so great last nigt" LOL

So we are bond to see threads from those who are actually in need of advice, people having trouble/issues.

Well said, brilliant observations.

Nairaland family section is like a coffin-maker or undertaker business. If fewer people die, its bad for business grin
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by MissIfe(f): 5:57pm On Mar 28, 2012
Maybe we should try creating different topics on this family section. Since I've been there, I've noticed that those scary topics are those that get most answers/attention. We could just change that by creating and participating to different topics. I don't have much ideas right now, but I'm sure we can find other family related things to talk about.

As for the kind of marriage topics we see here, I have to say it mainly scared me at first. I also participate on other forums (western ones) and though these kind of issues arise from time to time, the family section is usually a very light, inspiring and fun section. I sometimes wonder if this section is a true reflection of what is really going on in nigerian marriages...
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Outstrip(f): 5:58pm On Mar 28, 2012
debrief08: One came to complain to me for the uptenth time in my office yesterday that her husband beat her again for reading Linda Ikejis blog on the Ogo Issue and banned her from visiting the blog, I was tired of holding her hand and i used your style, told her to go abeg, I don taya to talk the same matter, if she wan stay die as Mrs. na her choice but let me not be burdened by buying white lace for burial. The same thing over and over, he beats you you come and cry I advice you, you gp home after some days you tell me " he said it will never happen again" then you stop talking to me because he has ordered you not to, then you come back again afetr some weeks/ months and we start again, I told her abeg no be by force to do friend. So frustrating.

I am better at avoiding it in real life. There is this woman (I will not even bother to list the things this man has done to her) that within 3 minutes into the phone conversation she is lamenting. She is old enough for me to call her aunty. The straw that broke the camel's back for me was when she announced their 20 year annivesary on facebook. I felt bad when I started avoiding her calls but I am glad I did. A man that discuss what you people do in the bedroom in the midst of other Nigerian women and laughed at you. Does not provide. Extrememly abusive and yet...... kai. I am still mad about that facebook post. So imagine running from that in real life and coming here and having to see it again. I am not saying that women should not come here looking for opinions or asking other married or even unmarried people for how they handled similar things but don't come here and say sh1t like he slapped me and kicked me when I was 8 months pregnant but it is my fault. That I cannot ever accept
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Outstrip(f): 5:59pm On Mar 28, 2012
Miss_Ife: Maybe we should try creating different topics on this family section. Since I've been there, I've noticed that those scary topics are those that get most answers/attention. We could just change that by creating and participating to different topics. I don't have much ideas right now, but I'm sure we can find other family related things to talk about.

As for the kind of marriage topics we see here, I have to say it mainly scared me at first. I also participate on other forums (western ones) and though these kind of issues arise from time to time, the family section is usually a very light, inspiring and fun section. I sometimes wonder if this section is a true reflection of what is really going on in nigerian marriages...

Maybe it is a good thing. maybe people are hearing that on nairaland people have varying opinions. In a country and culture that does not really like a logical approach to marriage nairaland might actually be the only place to turn
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by shushu(f): 6:29pm On Mar 28, 2012
yep, i know exactly what you mean Jenny. i am emotionally exhausted too.
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 28, 2012
I understand that y'all may be getting tired, but I beg of you don't stop giving advice here on NL. When I posted my problem on NL I remember debrief said my ex will start with verbal abuse and start the physical abuse when I have lost all my self esteem.I was kind of skeptical at first but I saw the signs and walked out and I know if I had stayed there, God Forbid I would have bin another titi arowolo or another nameless victim.jennykadry, debrief, outstrip etc, y'all saved a life and prevented me from being a victim. Thank you.
Having said this,there are plenty of great men out there, it's just sad that the wicked few spoil the names of the other good men. I have friends that are in great marriages,without complaints of cheating or abusive husbands
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Tgirl4real(f): 6:50pm On Mar 28, 2012
Miss_Ife: Maybe we should try creating different topics on this family section. Since I've been there, I've noticed that those scary topics are those that get most answers/attention. We could just change that by creating and participating to different topics. I don't have much ideas right now, but I'm sure we can find other family related things to talk about.

It is a true reflection. What we see here is what most have been concealing in their marriages. I guess people are finally speaking. Low tolerance syndrome.lol

@ Unique, you just inspired me with you post.
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Tgirl4real(f): 6:52pm On Mar 28, 2012
steph7: I understand that y'all may be getting tired, but I beg of you don't stop giving advice here on NL. When I posted my problem on NL I remember debrief said my ex will start with verbal abuse and start the physical abuse when I have lost all my self esteem.I was kind of skeptical at first but I saw the signs and walked out and I know if I had stayed there, God Forbid I would have bin another titi arowolo or another nameless victim.jennykadry, debrief, outstrip etc, y'all saved a life and prevented me from being a victim. Thank you.
Having said this,there are plenty of great men out there, it's just sad that the wicked few spoil the names of the other good men. I have friends that are in great marriages,without complaints of cheating or abusive husbands

True that. Am sure it is dat they don't their own challenges, they simply managing it well and they have a sane hubby.lol
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by dayokanu(m): 7:17pm On Mar 28, 2012
Ppl come to share problems online.

Do you think ppl would open thread like "I have been having mindblowing sex for 10yrs", "My husband helps with house chores" or My husband is a perfect dad"?

Rather the stories that would need advice would be My husband has been starving me of sex, My husband doesnt help with chores and My husband is an irresponsible man.
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by ronkebp(f): 8:36pm On Mar 28, 2012
OH Jenny, my frustration was last week, infact i would just read and shake my head, i tire, it is not that my marraige is 100% free of problems, but i don't have any cause for alarm, I just pray for all, everyone including my own marraige too. But the percentage is really sad, And infact i am beginning to see reasons why sometimes it is just good to be single and be happy, instead of marrying someone you think will love you and respect you and turns out to be your worst nightmare, In that Nigeria, marraige has been turned to a battle field God help us.
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 28, 2012
Madam Jennykadry, there's no remedy for supposed cultural bulls/hit!

90% of the time, all you hear is 'it's not in our culture', as if there's a culture that supports adultery, domestic/emotional/mental abuse in a marriage
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by deols(f): 10:21pm On Mar 28, 2012
Unique!:

Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by ifyalways(f): 10:22pm On Mar 28, 2012
LOL.

I used to get depressed but my husband helped me out.He said half of the stories posted here are unreal and the other real half posted by same set of people who have refused to take good counsel but would rather stay in their sorry siuations,keep changing usernames to recycle same stories.

I dont believe hes right but i hold on to that to keep sane.

I see fine ladies @ the malls,clubs,salons,spas etc on daily basics and cant help but wonder if all the smiles are but a facade?Going with the number of sob stories posted here,i sometimes think every married woman living in 9ja is living a lie or sitting on a time bomb.Its frightening.

Thank God im here and i can boldly say(within my circle) that is not as bad as its painted here.Marriage is still a beautiful thing,my prayers for those whose marriages are sour in and out remains:May God deliver you,may you help yourself.QED

Not gonna get migrane for another man's broken head.
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 28, 2012
Tgirl4real:

It is a true reflection. What we see here is what most have been concealing in their marriages. I guess people are finally speaking. Low tolerance syndrome.lol

@ Unique, you just inspired me with you post.

My pleasure dear. wink
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Bisjosh(f): 10:27pm On Mar 28, 2012
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by MissyB3(f): 10:36pm On Mar 28, 2012
We all cannot be smart. . . mistakes abound, some were misinformed about the institution even before they took the bold step. All that is required is a little tolerance while you continually render effective advice to those in need of it.
It's a challenging task, but someone has to do it.
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 29, 2012

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Married My Pastor's Daughter, And Now This Is Happening / My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter / Please Help Your Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.