Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,789 members, 7,851,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:29 AM

I Need A Break. This Is Insane - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need A Break. This Is Insane (6319 Views)

How To Help A Friend During A Break Up / A Pregnant Woman Going Insane Because Of Her Hubby, Needs Your Advice Urgently. / Should I Let My Insane Friend Live With Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by queensmith: 11:45pm On Mar 29, 2012
that is exactly it, when you get to heathrow, ask for Yetunde Smith at one of the info desks. They will direct you to my house which is accross the road from terminal 1 smiley
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by dayokanu(m): 11:48pm On Mar 29, 2012
Stop joking around.

I thought you were supposed to come for naija reunion in 2010 in New York, I woulda seen you then
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by queensmith: 11:53pm On Mar 29, 2012
o your not joking?

*2 awkward turtles*

That was a very long time ago dude.
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by queensmith: 11:54pm On Mar 29, 2012
and i dont remember you in any of the NYC plans? i think ur talking abt someone else.
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by dayokanu(m): 12:26am On Mar 30, 2012
That means I had in you in mind since 2010
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 12:45am On Mar 30, 2012
Dayo,oya leave this thread. Stop Derailing it ashewo. angry

Lol my topic dey pain people? Women truly are their own worst enemies, just because it came from Jenny look at them posting BS, if na their best friends you for see them licking the persons feet, Abeg Comot joo,

@ others
When I get time, I will reply
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 3:58am On Mar 30, 2012
Lol just read debrief and ronke's reply. At least some people see where I am comin from and if some others don't it's a free world-your word not mine.

Problem is, these women are not here for advise cos they already know what they want, in cases like these they need to shut up and let me rest haba ki lo de? Just imagine one woman who came here and complained about her husband beating her and dashing her STDS, this same yeye woman turned around and said, well her husband gives her money and takes care of her family and for that reason, she can live with the man. I read that reply and I asked myself, is this what our parents taught us? Do we have to lose our pride as women, our dignity for money? Is it okay for me to stay in a marriage where I get paid and bribed to be panel beated? Holy Molly me

I am on mobile, pardon me
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 5:46am On Mar 30, 2012
Hmmm!
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 5:52am On Mar 30, 2012
queensmith: so what exactly is the purpose of this thread? To bich about other peoples marriages? To make fun of some peoples failures? To moan because someone disagreed with your opinion or didn't take your advise?

Its no wonder why they say women are our own biggest enemies, if you have nothing to say, say nothing, this is all unnecessary and discouraging.

Yetty,
I agree with you completely,for the first time.
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 6:05am On Mar 30, 2012
steph7: @ jenny, I did and each day that passes I am more sure that I made a right decision.there are a lot of things that happened that I didn't post here because of privacy.he is still begging but no time for him abeg!

Good for you, man that hasn't even married you acting like say he is the owner of your life, accusing you of something you said you know nothing of. Good for you o jare. Good riddance to bad nonsense
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 6:11am On Mar 30, 2012
Tgirl4real: u didnt really have to reply. undecided

Seems you like having the last say. cheesy

Lol, the amount of depressing threads I read on this forum has affected my fingers cos I no even get time to begin reply some people. grin

@analytical
Thank you sir for understanding my plight( grin ). Before I even opened this thread I was just about to reply another thread on abuse when I read another reply that made me delete my post instanta. Honesty how can people sign up to be their spouse's slaves. I don't get it?
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 6:14am On Mar 30, 2012
I am angry that mother superior is not here to defend my honor, so much for being your follower angry Infact we need another election cos you ain't doing your work right. Ronke and debrief are our selected candidates.

Let the voting begin cool
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 7:36am On Mar 30, 2012
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by loveheaven(f): 8:33am On Mar 30, 2012
Hmmmmmmm Jennykadry I thought I was the only one.

For days I have refused to login my user id but would come online as a guest see a post then sign out. It has been really depressing to a point where my thoughts would dwell on such and thank God for his grace, you would hear me shout aloud "God forbid, it is not my portion". I have done this unconciously for days and people around me ask, hope no problem? Can you imagine that?

I know, no marriage is without bumps but women really need to love themselves, Give yourself self-worth, commit all to God and not jump into marriage because it is a norm thing.

A friend lost her elder sister, who lost her life as a result of the beating her husband gave her barely 2 and half months after their wedding. They were actually supposed to wed in 2006 but did so in 2011. It was not the first nor tenth time he had been beating her but because she was the only one left in a family of 5 to be married, she threw caution to the wind. Two weeks to the wedding her Dad called off the wedding when he discovered the guy was abusive, but she threatened she would commit sucide if he didn't cooperate, she intimated that even my friend who was her younger sister by 5years was happiliy married. Oh if you see how the man has aged within 6months of her demise, wishing he had not listened to her cries and ill-advice he got from friends and family, she would still be alive, so he laments. The worst is the guy works with the government(Nigeria) and died the case even before it started. He claimed they were involved in an accident, barely 1 hour my friend spoke to her sister, who kept complaining she was tired of the marriage, and when my friend asked her what happened she said couldn't speak long that her husband was browsing on the internet a few feet from where she sat, that she would call back.
He wouldn't let her family see her corpse, until the a day to her burial where her eldest sister insisted she must see her(she is a Surgeon)Her report ruptured skull, internal bleeding, and several bruises all over her body, meanwhile the guy got a dislocation on his arm that dissappeared before the funeral, and the car not a single scratch.

What a waste! She sent herself to an early grave all in the name of love and the guy a freeman, soon to have another victim, What could be worse.
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 30, 2012
^^^you are kiddin me? shocked shocked . What the heck? Where do these men come out from? Unbelievable.

@cc
Abeg let us hear word, you are complaining of fuel but you want your husband to pay how much for a car? If you don't want to maintain a car ,why should oga buy you an x5? grin
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 30, 2012
jenny ur mad - u think £1.41 is beans!!!!!! LOL

anyway people need to come to my ends where I am still paying £1.36, CC and JK i have been thinking of upgrading my car but with the price of petrol I was even looking at downgrading to 1.2 litre engine - ask me what I was doing on auto trader at 1am last night all cos I nearly shed tears after filling my tank yesterday afternoon
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 30, 2012
loveheaven: Hmmmmmmm Jennykadry I thought I was the only one.
For days I have refused to login my user id but would come online as a guest see a post then sign out. It has been really depressing to a point where my thoughts would dwell on such and thank God for his grace, you would hear me shout aloud "God forbid, it is not my portion". I have done this unconciously for days and people around me ask, hope no problem? Can you imagine that?

I know, no marriage is without bumps but women really need to love themselves, Give yourself self-worth, commit all to God and not jump into marriage because it is a norm thing.

A friend lost her elder sister, who lost her life as a result of the beating her husband gave her barely 2 and half months after their wedding. They were actually supposed to wed in 2006 but did so in 2011. It was not the first nor tenth time he had been beating her but because she was the only one left in a family of 5 to be married, she threw caution to the wind. Two weeks to the wedding her Dad called off the wedding when he discovered the guy was abusive, but she threatened she would commit sucide if he didn't cooperate, she intimated that even my friend who was her younger sister by 5years was happiliy married. Oh if you see how the man has aged within 6months of her demise, wishing he had not listened to her cries and ill-advice he got from friends and family, she would still be alive, so he laments. The worst is the guy works with the government(Nigeria) and died the case even before it started. He claimed they were involved in an accident, barely 1 hour my friend spoke to her sister, who kept complaining she was tired of the marriage, and when my friend asked her what happened she said couldn't speak long that her husband was browsing on the internet a few feet from where she sat, that she would call back.
He wouldn't let her family see her corpse, until the a day to her burial where her eldest sister insisted she must see her(she is a Surgeon)Her report ruptured skull, internal bleeding, and several bruises all over her body, meanwhile the guy got a dislocation on his arm that dissappeared before the funeral, and the car not a single scratch.

What a waste! She sent herself to an early grave all in the name of love and the guy a freeman, soon to have another victim, What could be worse.

This is getting more and more depressing angry Cultural BS leading to murder! WTH is wrong with being single and remaining happily so if a compatible partner is yet to be found
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by maclatunji: 10:16am On Mar 30, 2012
Unique!:
@ poster, it's simple. Simply stop posting replies to posts u find irritating, or even walk away sometimes.

I must say, however, that being here on the family section has really broadened my views on marriage generally. I was for long a silent reader here. I've been married for a number of years, but missed out on a lot of good advice when I was in dire need of them. I made mistakes, lots of them. I did not have the benefit of a different perspective, like I do now, reading from here. You guys don't know how you may be impacting someone's life, one way or another when you post. This section has been an eye opener for me, cos here in Nigeria, we don't have many marriage counselors. In more ways than one, I feel blessed being here, and all thanks to you all who care enough to reply. Don't you for any reason, feel angry when someone disagrees with you, or when your advice is rejected. This is bound to happen cos we are all different and reason differently. This in no way means someone else somewhere is not picking up the advice and using it for their own benefits.

I love your post.

@Jennykadry, quit whining. If your marriage is sweet, good for you. Let those who want to be 'stupid' be 'stupid'. You cannot impose your 'wisdom' on anybody.

1 Like

Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by uche13: 10:21am On Mar 30, 2012
@ Jennykadry, I have been able to analyse your post and i was able to deduce two things.

1. You have no problem with people posting and you are not discouraging people from seeking counsel about their problems.

2. You are however, pissed with people who post and wallow in pity rather than act on their advice they are given here.

One has to be patient to analyse the thoughts you wanted to communicate but looking at your post face value, it rather looked that you were irked with the frequent complains people were posting. Firstly, as a medical personnel yourself i think, you get to see lots of cases at the hospital because it is only the sick that have need of a physician. It does not however mean that the majority of folks living have one ailment or the other but by virtue of your work place exposure, you may come home feeling depressed and tired of the many cases of sickness you have seen.

Also, if I spend so much time in the crime section, believe you me, I would live a life of fear because i would become so crime conscious and fear would creep into my heart. A pathway i always pass on the normal day would look so creepy because i would feel someone is lurking around waiting to strike. The solution is not the people posting because whether they post or not doesn't mean that crime does not exist neither does it reduce its frequency. For my personal sake, i may need to take a conscious break from the section because of the negative impact it has built in my subconscious.

On the issue of people not heeding to counsel given, i need you to understand that whether or not the original poster listen does not mean that someone else has not learnt from what you said. Even Jesus in the bible had secret disciples you know. If you also take time to scroll down, you would notice that the number of guests viewing a topic is more than the number of registered members. That simply means that the impact of the advice given in this forum cannot be undermined. So no counsel is a waste whether or not the poster listens.

But seriously, anybody who logged in with the intention of sharing a problem would simply keep quiet and out of fear decline to share on account of the topic of the post.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 10:25am On Mar 30, 2012
maclatunji:

I love your post.

@Jennykadry, quit whining. If your marriage is sweet, good for you. Let those who want to be 'stupid' be 'stupid'. You cannot impose your 'wisdom' on anybody.

Bite me.

@uche
Good one. Thanks
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 30, 2012
Cotton make I hiaaa word jooo, you women would not hesitate to buy a very expensive gucci bag or CL shoes but when it comes to fuel, you complain. Abeg tongue grin
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 30, 2012
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by ifyalways(f): 10:38am On Mar 30, 2012
viewing this thread uche13(F)naijababe(f),jennykadiri(f),debrief08(f) and 2 guests.

My juju says the 2 guests are Johndoe and harakiri.lol
Seriously whatever happened to those two?They ran away from this section.

loving this new NL.

@Topic,Good to vent sometimes.We've rightfully done so and i hope we are moving on now.

Thread closed!
Anyone posts here again would be denied kpekus for 1 month.
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 10:39am On Mar 30, 2012
chaircover: Cotton, Don’t mind jenny o! She hasn’t been taking her meds lately. She is supposed to be on my side but she has decamped to Mr CC’s side. What happened is that I heard that there was petrol shortage on the News so I just branched into one yeye BP Petrol station to buy for £1.41 only to drive past ASDA a few minutes later to find out that it was £1.35. I felt like going back to BP and asking them to remove the petrol and give me back my money angry

BTW here is an update on the X5 – Mr CC told me with a straight face that he has bought me a keyholder that I will be using to hold the key to the X5 and what I need to do now is to have faith that in time God will provide the money to buy the key so that I can be using the keyholder he has bought me.

I no know again sef. The guy just dey use agbari for me. Few weeks ago, I just mentioned in passing that I like Black Prados. He just suddenly jumped up (see drama o!) and said that now I have confused him; that now he doesn’t know what to buy, that he may buy the wrong thing and he doesn’t want to do that. See psychology LOL. I just said oga abeg buy anything make we hear word jare cool grin

All I know that when it is time for my princess to marry Justin Beiber, our list will not comprise of Yams and suitcase. I must get that X5 somehow grin

I reject it for you in jesus' name. JB is heading to oblivion, very soon common BB sef go hard am to buy
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 10:50am On Mar 30, 2012
look at you people JB - na u dey reach low o!
which one is yam an suitcase - if my son in law does not buy me a 5 bedroom mansion in the costwolds fully equipped with an X8 (by then) he should stop dreaming of making my grandchildren with my princess, can u imagine!!!

CC where did u buy £1.35 let me go to B&Q and buy jerry can sharp sharp to fill up at that price.

anyway back to topic - jenny don't stop posting - i know when i was going thru my own stuff i used to go on NL to read other people's problems and in a way it did give me the back bone to leave.
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 30, 2012
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 11:16am On Mar 30, 2012
chaircover: Naijababe LOL Me sef I reject am. Just as I reject my son being a premiership footballer. They all grow out these fantasies. A Few days ago she announced that she didn’t like JLS anymore. The same JLS that she made us buy concert tickets for. The same JLS that she made us buy all sorts of memorabilia for. The same JLS that she used to spend hours reading about

Anyway it is not strange. When I was younger I used to dream of marrying Michael Jackson embarassed

@cotton na ASDA O!

michael jackson Madam CC na real dream be that.
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 30, 2012
cotton101:

michael jackson Madam CC na real dream be that.

Cotton i can see you are learning fast, grin, welcome to the "fold"
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by queensmith: 11:46am On Mar 30, 2012
dayokanu: That means I had in you in mind since 2010

Erm.....ooook then......*3 awkward turtles*
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 30, 2012
^ Bros dey ask for candy, u dey give am turtle! Na which one one you dey na grin?
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 30, 2012
Re: I Need A Break. This Is Insane by Nobody: 11:54am On Mar 30, 2012
^ Una no go wound pesin for hia grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Christmas Was More Fun As Child. / NYSC Member Arraigned For Abandoning 14-day-old Baby / Would You REJECT Your Wife If You Caught Her Using A VIBRATOR ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.