Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,062 members, 7,814,656 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Kidnappers Take Over Warri - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kidnappers Take Over Warri (8399 Views)

Kidnappers Demand N200m Ransom For Osun Speaker’s Wife / Saharareporters: Kidnappers Seize Son Of Court Of Appeal Judge, Iheme-nwosu / Investors Flee Anambra As Armed Robbers, Kidnappers Take Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by sirenoch1(m): 10:14am On Mar 29, 2012
truely this issue is also affecting our lectures at DELSU since last week. Staffs of DELSU went on strike to protest insecurity. The wife of the minister for basic and higher education was kidnaped but releaced witout ransom also a white lecture was kidnaped and his aids(mopo) killed. God help us cause we av a bigger problem than ASSU...
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by Bastiger(m): 10:18am On Mar 29, 2012
Few years ago kidnappers ran amok in aba,abia state,i can imagine what itz lyk in warri ryt now,bliv me itz not a pleasant experience.Aba has not fully recovered by dat onslaught so delta state govt better find a way to arrest d situation.
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by oyinlaifa(m): 10:32am On Mar 29, 2012
Truly Warri is no longer a safe place to live in. Just last week in Jakpa road a man was almost kidnap at about 8.pm.Unfortunately for them the man ran away...
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by master2(m): 10:41am On Mar 29, 2012
Kidnapping n militancy increase when EFCC crack down on 419 n yahoo yahoo boys big time . This guys have tasted big money and as EFCC took the bread from their mounth they looked for other means to maintain their life style. During the 2003 election they became foot soilders for politician who armed n used them. Now, this guys can not be pleased with chicken change job creation. Really, we have a big problem @ hand.

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by sirp2007: 10:53am On Mar 29, 2012
UYCO: Please stop blackmailing His Excellency the governor of Delta State, there is nothing like kidnapping in Warri.Are you a police man trying to lobby the federal government for police to return to check point. We don't need them, ever since they left the check point there has been peace in Warri. If they like let the sponsor kidnapping to justify their coming back, we will reject them. They should patrol the street and gather intelligence info.The army is at the three point exit from Warri, the police should do internal patrol and rapid response to distress calls. Uduaghan is creating jobs every day to reduce unemployment, most people now call him the job machine and you are here blackmailing him.It is unfair

This ur post is very disapointing and irresponsible to say d least.u re probably not in turn with what is happening in warri or u re one of d governor`s apologist.
l can count up to 18 kidnap cases this month alone that l heard of because of d victims involved.ie d journalist that escape,micchhary`s son,donasulu son.eshiegbe himself,d 20 months old boy,d mother and daughter in udu bridge,d lawyer tht was abducted in front of effurun court,just to mention a few.
IPMAN is about goin on strike now cos of their member that was kidnap on tuesday,hence we are experience partial scarcity.if He is not release soon then d weekend will be worse.
do u know that a VULCANISER was kidnap,& he regained his freedom after family and friends paid 200k.
come out by 7pm in warri, be it enerhen junction,warri-sapele rd,jakpa rd,pti,airport rd or any where in warri and its environs u will think is 12midnight because of d few cars & ppl u see outside.
on march 22nd,NBA warri chapter decide not to handle any kidnapper`s case again because of d rate at which kidnappers are operating in warri.

MOREOVER op did not say check point should come back,u were probably to eager 2 defend ur dumb gov hence u didnt understand d poster`s point,he said they are not patrolling as were directed 2 do.Did u hear d comm of police directive yesterday?if there was no insecurity problem while would he give such directive.
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by jamil2(m): 10:55am On Mar 29, 2012
Thats gud for them and a simple way for making cool money how i wish i could be there i will personally kidnap the governor himself.
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by bakila: 11:06am On Mar 29, 2012
Osama10:

This is so untrue my brother, me I be warri boy to the core.Recently I wanted to deliver some cars to my abode in warri my mum quickly refused bringing them to warri because of the situation there.Most of the time she uses public transport.The town is boiling.
Let them declare state of emergency there ASAP.
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by bakila: 11:06am On Mar 29, 2012
jamil!:
Thats gud for them and a simple way for making cool money how i wish i could be there i will personally kidnap the governor himself.

Terrorist
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by noiseless: 11:11am On Mar 29, 2012
The problem with you is that you are trying too hard to identify with the north,claiming Yoruba on one hand and on the other hand claiming hausa, what exactly is wrong with you? Malam or chief emmatok/emmke? with these two IDs you have claimed to be Yoruba and hausa with each of them why are so confused, or is there something you are scared of? quit this foolishness it is not good for your health.
emmke: funny just 8 posts. Bet if was the north, we should be in the 5th page.
The problem with you is that you are trying too hard to identify with the north,claiming Yoruba on one hand and on the other hand claiming hausa, what exactly is wrong with you? Malam or chief emmatok/emmke? with these two IDs you have claimed to be Yoruba and hausa with each of them why are so confused, or is there something you are scared of? quit this foolishness it is not good for your health.
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by bakila: 11:12am On Mar 29, 2012
sir-p2007:

This ur post is very disapointing and irresponsible to say d least.u re probably not in turn with what is happening in warri or u re one of d governor`s apologist.
l can count up to 18 kidnap cases this month alone that l heard of because of d victims involved.ie d journalist that escape,micchhary`s son,donasulu son.eshiegbe himself,d 20 months old boy,d mother and daughter in udu bridge,d lawyer tht was abducted in front of effurun court,just to mention a few.
IPMAN is about goin on strike now cos of their member that was kidnap on tuesday,hence we are experience partial scarcity.if He is not release soon then d weekend will be worse.
do u know that a VULCANISER was kidnap,& he regained his freedom after family and friends paid 200k.
come out by 7pm in warri, be it enerhen junction,warri-sapele rd,jakpa rd,pti,airport rd or any where in warri and its environs u will think is 12midnight because of d few cars & ppl u see outside.
on march 22nd,NBA warri chapter decide not to handle any kidnapper`s case again because of d rate at which kidnappers are operating in warri.

MOREOVER op did not say check point should come back,u were probably to eager 2 defend ur dumb gov hence u didnt understand d poster`s point,he said they are not patrolling as were directed 2 do.Did u hear d comm of police directive yesterday?if there was no insecurity problem while would he give such directive.

Terrorist have taken over Warri, help so that Warri no go carry last!
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by bakila: 11:15am On Mar 29, 2012
noiseless: The problem with you is that you are trying too hard to identify with the north,claiming Yoruba on one hand and on the other hand claiming hausa, what exactly is wrong with you? Malam or chief emmatok/emmke? with these two IDs you have claimed to be Yoruba and hausa with each of them why are so confused, or is there something you are scared of? quit this foolishness it is not good for your health. The problem with you is that you are trying too hard to identify with the north,claiming Yoruba on one hand and on the other hand claiming hausa, what exactly is wrong with you? Malam or chief emmatok/emmke? with these two IDs you have claimed to be Yoruba and hausa with each of them why are so confused, or is there something you are scared of? quit this foolishness it is not good for your health.

Go siddon terrorist have over Warri you are talking about Ibo- Yoruba- Hausa fight. Keep on topic sire!
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by naijaforlife: 11:48am On Mar 29, 2012
The more reason we should view the security problem in Nigeria as transcending ethno-religious colouration with which we have labelled it. May God almighty guide our leaders right and help the youths with the truth to know in love and honesty...... Una know the remaining part of the national anthem. I rest my case.
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by noiseless: 11:50am On Mar 29, 2012
I wasn't expecting you to avoid using emmke/emmatok IDs to reply my comment at all, how come?
bakila:

Go siddon terrorist have over Warri you are talking about Ibo- Yoruba- Hausa fight. Keep on topic sire!
I wasn't expecting you to avoid using emmke/emmatok IDs to reply my comment at all, how come?
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by igbonla(m): 11:53am On Mar 29, 2012
Unfortunately, it is about to get worse with the demobilization of personnel from the Escravos Gas project. With over 5,000 jobless youths getting back to town this year, the results is so predictable.
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by emsquare(m): 11:53am On Mar 29, 2012
Abagworo: I'm surprised no media coverage has been given to this menace. My friend brought 8 cars belonging to him and 4 other guys from Warri to PH and they are all using public transport to avoid being targets. People are really suffering in Warri. Infact my friend is already looking for a cheap emergency accomodation in Port Harcourt. What is Uduaghan and the Police in Delta doing?

Hmmmm!
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by afenex(m): 12:32pm On Mar 29, 2012
Some people like to promote stupid rumors without proper verification.Talking about rumors,our Warri can be counted to be number in the federation because thats what most people want to hear.Who said people are running from Warri because of kidnapping menace?Come over to warri before you spew that rubbish.I think you are only angry with the wicked Government but that doesnt give you the right to lie about the state of security in Warri.Kidnapping has drastically reduced in Warri as compared to other cities.It was never rampant as robberies here in Warri.Go to the East and you will know Warri is just a learning ground when it comes to kidnapping.Please,you guys should try get your facts well before writing rubbish that mislead the masses.
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by bakila: 1:41pm On Mar 29, 2012
noiseless: Iwasn't expecting you to avoid using emmke/emmatok IDs to reply my comment at all, how come?I wasn't expecting you to avoid using emmke/emmatok IDs to reply my comment at all, how come?

Are you still on that tribal nonsense. This person is also you tribal adversary too

naijaforlife: The more reason we should view the security problem in Nigeria as transcending ethno-religious colouration with which we have labelled it. May God almighty guide our leaders right and help the youths with the truth to know in love and honesty...... Una know the remaining part of the national anthem. I rest my case.
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by dasparrow: 2:05pm On Mar 29, 2012
afenex: Some people like to promote stupid rumors without proper verification.Talking about rumors,our Warri can be counted to be number in the federation because thats what most people want to hear.Who said people are running from Warri because of kidnapping menace?Come over to warri before you spew that rubbish.I think you are only angry with the wicked Government but that doesnt give you the right to lie about the state of security in Warri.Kidnapping has drastically reduced in Warri as compared to other cities.It was never rampant as robberies here in Warri.Go to the East and you will know Warri is just a learning ground when it comes to kidnapping.Please,you guys should try get your facts well before writing rubbish that mislead the masses.

Most people on this thread who are Warffis themselves have verified that there is alot of kidnapping in Warri. Just because you are from there does not mean you have to lie. Only one poster has disputed the information given by the OP and other posters. So many people can't be wrong in their assertion that Warri has become the kidnapping capital of Nigeria.
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by Beaf: 2:33pm On Mar 29, 2012
UYCO: Please stop blackmailing His Excellency the governor of Delta State, there is nothing like kidnapping in Warri.Are you a police man trying to lobby the federal government for police to return to check point. We don't need them, ever since they left the check point there has been peace in Warri. If they like let the sponsor kidnapping to justify their coming back, we will reject them. They should patrol the street and gather intelligence info.The army is at the three point exit from Warri, the police should do internal patrol and rapid response to distress calls. Uduaghan is creating jobs every day to reduce unemployment, most people now call him the job machine and you are here blackmailing him.It is unfair

You are the biggest fool on Earth. It has taken a general strike by the people to provoke a government response.
If Uduaghan is not responsible for stemming the sudden upsurge in crime, then I wonder who is. angry
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by baslone: 2:38pm On Mar 29, 2012

Infact you are a big tout!!!!

You are a paid agent right?

The doctors are demanding the release of their colleague, Dr. Ngozi Chukwuebulim,

oil workers are asking for the release of the Warri Area Manager of the Pipelines and Products Marketing Company, Mr. Williams Enoh

Nigeria Union of Journalists is also planning a protest against the abduction of a journalist, Mr. Monday Whiskey

a guard to the PPMC manager was shot dead in the operation

The Speaker was still battling to make contacts with the abductors of his younger brother, Tobechukwu, on Tuesday in Asaba.
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by nduchucks: 2:39pm On Mar 29, 2012
Beaf:

You are the biggest fool on Earth. It has taken a general strike by the people to provoke a government response.
If Uduaghan is not responsible for stemming the sudden upsurge in crime, then I wonder who is. angry

Not so fast. The real questions are, which class of people are being kidnapped, which class can afford to pay heavy ransom, and who is really behind the general strike.
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by Beaf: 2:42pm On Mar 29, 2012
PLA1:

I disagree with U on this sir. Most of this boys are not even from Warri. (they always have a Warri person in the gang for planing and escape purposes). The guys I was with during my experience were all Esan speaking. That helpped though, cos I understand all they said during that period. I never gave them clue that I heard anything they said cos they might just get angry and end me there and then. So, I followed there instruction like a fool. Dat also gave me my convictions that they are sponsored by some larger than life folks out there. They were always reporting events to one particular "CHAIRMAN" and always speaking Esan.

If this country was a serious place, the above would have been a great clue. Sadly, we have Uduaghans boy, UYCO denying the glaring fact of insecurity in Warri.
Why should people be allowed to come all the way from Edo state to operate with dastardly impunity in Warri?
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 29, 2012
I feel for the residents of Warri. I feel for my inlaws. This is exactly what Aba and its envoirons went through 2 years ago. It was so so bad in Aba. At some point my wife was so afraid. I knew it was time to do something. It took me 3 days to get an accomodation in Port Harcourt and we immediately relocated to PH. My advice, do all u can to avoid becoming a victim. Park ur car out sight, cover it like I did (every car owner in the compound did), use public transport, avoid staying out late, avoid going to places like clubs, certain hotels, high end eatries and similar places, be careful of how u give away personal info, if u are a xtian pray. God will keep u while I urge the Federal Government to replicate what they did in Aba. Bring in special unit of soilders and crush these boys, period. They are not the only ones suffering in Naija
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by bakila: 3:04pm On Mar 29, 2012
noiseless: I wasn't expecting you to avoid using emmke/emmatok IDs to reply my comment at all, how come?I wasn't expecting you to avoid using emmke/emmatok IDs to reply my comment at all, how come?
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by ufojude: 3:27pm On Mar 29, 2012
Pennywise: To the uninformed Warri is the defacto capital of Delta State and the State Governor's home town. Kidnapping takes place in Warri day and night and as a matter of course. There is hardly any family in that small town that has not been affected one way or another by kidnapping. A lot of people will do anything right now to avoid Warri even if their livelihood comes from there. The IG's order that check points be disbanded was considered by many to be an opportunity for increased patrol by policemen. Whoosai. Rather it has aggravated a problem that has been brewing for months

Right now there is an exodus of people away from that town as rich and poor, women and children are getting kidnapped for money. How many people have to suffer humiliation and death before the Government intervenes. The state Government has had an unsavoury reputation since inception. This is an opportunity for self redemption as confidence in it is at an all time low.
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by emmke(m): 3:29pm On Mar 29, 2012
noiseless: The problem with you is that you are trying too hard to identify with the north,claiming Yoruba on one hand and on the other hand claiming hausa, what exactly is wrong with you? Malam or chief emmatok/emmke? with these two IDs you have claimed to be Yoruba and hausa with each of them why are so confused, or is there something you are scared of? quit this foolishness it is not good for your health. The problem with you is that you are trying too hard to identify with the north,claiming Yoruba on one hand and on the other hand claiming hausa, what exactly is wrong with you? Malam or chief emmatok/emmke? with these two IDs you have claimed to be Yoruba and hausa with each of them why are so confused, or is there something you are scared of? quit this foolishness it is not good for your health.
why dont u get off my back. Am neither hausa nor yoruba, and what i said wasn't a lie. Most nl members love to demonise the north at every opportunity and they always tend to blow it out of proportion. But here we have a terrible news from the south and we are barely on the 3rd page (similar news from the north, we might just be on the 10th page). Hypocrisy. And who is emmatok? Huh?
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by dayokanu(m): 5:50pm On Mar 29, 2012
emmke: why dont u get off my back. Am neither hausa nor yoruba, and what i said wasn't a lie. Most nl members love to demonise the north at every opportunity and they always tend to blow it out of proportion. But here we have a terrible news from the south and we are barely on the 3rd page (similar news from the north, we might just be on the 10th page). Hypocrisy. And who is emmatok? Huh?

Thats how Igbos behave, everyone knows emmatok is Yoruba and emmke is a middle belter from Jos.

But in the typical Igbo behaviour, he called you Yoruba
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by WebSurfer(m): 6:09pm On Mar 29, 2012
This is so true, last time I was in warri, I had to run for a safe place n lay down to avoid flying bullets , the govt of †ђξ state isn't doing anything about this, its getting worse everyday. Am suppose to be in warri 2morw again, n I know I will start seing strange this like this again, same week I was there, a man in my street escaped them after a lot of battles, luckily the man was not an easy man as he uses charms, the kidnappers ran and left 2 vehicles and bikes including 2 guns, imagine, this is not a I heard it story, I heard the gun shots that morning n witnessed everything..
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 29, 2012
Ozonna:

Oga dis is not abt employment. Dese handsome brodas can't settle for a N200k a month job. Dey won't even respect dia bosses. Dese guys are militants,bunkerers,pirates,etc. Dey don't respect money, dey can blow N1m in a sitting wit guys and hoe.s.

However, employment will help in reducing crime, I'll want 2 blame uduaghan for dis. I'm sure dese handsome brodas have d blessings of Uduaghan. The downfall of dat man is @ hand

My brother, U have a point there but I just believe that if they were more jobs the security conditions will be more favourable.
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by dayokanu(m): 7:55pm On Mar 29, 2012
BEAF What is the PDP led govt doing about this

or was this caused by ACN and Tinubu?
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by noiseless: 9:54am On Mar 31, 2012
Keep deciecving yourself you know that are a liar! And your response was expected anyway.
emmke: why dont u get off my back. Am neither hausa nor yoruba, and what i said wasn't a lie. Most nl members love to demonise the north at every opportunity and they always tend to blow it out of proportion. But here we have a terrible news from the south and we are barely on the 3rd page (similar news from the north, we might just be on the 10th page). Hypocrisy. And who is emmatok? Huh?
Keep deciecving yourself you know that are a liar! And your response was expected anyway.
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by afenex(m): 5:26pm On Jul 02, 2012
Omen100:

u are a goat, say yes Sir.

By indicating all Urhobos in those areas,i say u know nothing about warri's kidnapping issue.cases of kidnappers that were caught happened to be guys living in the town of warri but take their victoms to those villages outside warri.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate To Introduce E-legislation To Enhance Debates -ndume / Buhari Wins Adamawa State / Dogara’s Loyalists Negotiate For Leadership, Committee Appointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.