Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Kidnappers Take Over Warri - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kidnappers Take Over Warri (8400 Views)

Kidnappers Demand N200m Ransom For Osun Speaker’s Wife / Saharareporters: Kidnappers Seize Son Of Court Of Appeal Judge, Iheme-nwosu / Investors Flee Anambra As Armed Robbers, Kidnappers Take Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by afenex(m): 5:29pm On Jul 02, 2012
WebSurfer: This is so true, last time I was in warri, I had to run for a safe place n lay down to avoid flying bullets , the govt of †ђξ state isn't doing anything about this, its getting worse everyday. Am suppose to be in warri 2morw again, n I know I will start seing strange this like this again, same week I was there, a man in my street escaped them after a lot of battles, luckily the man was not an easy man as he uses charms, the kidnappers ran and left 2 vehicles and bikes including 2 guns, imagine, this is not a I heard it story, I heard the gun shots that morning n witnessed everything..

Talk as if warri is a war zone that people always hide indoors.Che kidnappers no dey your place of abode?
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by afenex(m): 7:38pm On Jul 06, 2012
dasparrow:

Most people on this thread who are Warffis themselves have verified that there is alot of kidnapping in Warri. Just because you are from there does not mean you have to lie. Only one poster has disputed the information given by the OP and other posters. So many people can't be wrong in their assertion that Warri has become the kidnapping capital of Nigeria.

When you talk of Warri,u ar talking of number 1 rumour ground in d nation.I tell u categorically that some people havent even seen any case of kidnapping but they can tell u a thousand dem-say story of it.Its not as horrible as they try to paint here,okay.Its happening here but the rate of robbery is more alarming.A guy here said 7pm at enerhen jnct,jakpa rd,airport rd is like 12midnite,big lie.He shud check his info very well cos people still enjoy nite life here and neva any fear like crisis situation the OP n some talk abt.If u want authentic info,go to marijuana joint in Agbassa,night clubs in palmgroove n airport rd then listen closely.If u ar a true wafferian,it wont b hard 4u to hear real stories n identify some of d bad guys who call themselves "federal"
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by bashr8: 7:52pm On Jul 06, 2012
Callotti: It looks like kidnappers have taken over the Eastern and Southern parts of Nigeria for the most parts.
The Western and Northern parts remain relatively less traumatized by such a menace.

Tells a lot!

Where do PARASITES live again?
did kdnapping not start in the south west? oyo and lagos still have high cases of kidnapping especially for rituals which is even worse. i rather be kidnappend for money in the south and east and be kidnaped and killed for rituals in the south west or be killed for nothing in the north
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by dayokanu(m): 8:23pm On Jul 06, 2012
bashr8: did kdnapping not start in the south west? oyo and lagos still have high cases of kidnapping especially for rituals which is even worse. i rather be kidnappend for money in the south and east and be kidnaped and killed for rituals in the south west or be killed for nothing in the north

Go and read about the greatest killing for money in Nigerian history.

Chief Vincent Duru aka Otokoto beheaded master Okechukwu Okonkwo for money
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by bashr8: 10:39pm On Jul 06, 2012
dayokanu:

Go and read about the greatest killing for money in Nigerian history.

Chief Vincent Duru aka Otokoto beheaded master Okechukwu Okonkwo for money
how does that relate to the rampant casses of ritualism happening in the southwest
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by dayokanu(m): 10:44pm On Jul 06, 2012
bashr8: how does that relate to the rampant casses of ritualism happening in the southwest

That relates in that the SouthEast has always been the headquarter of rituals, kidnapping and cannibalism in Nigeria

The worst cannibal is Clifford orji, The worst ritualist is Vincent Duru, The worst Kidnapper is Osisikankwu, One of The worst Armed Robber is Deriko, The greatest 419 is Anajemba and Nwude while the worst fraudster is Tobechukwu Onwuhara
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by Pennywise(m): 6:23pm On Jul 22, 2012
This thread originated when kidnapping peaked in Warri earlier in the year. Not long after this the Gov made a scape goat of the state anti-kidnapping task force headed by a police officer. The officer had apparently been getting some kind of patronage from his excellency without result. But fighting kidnapping is not like bribing INEC. He was branded and whisked off to his masters in Abuja. Thereafter, a bit of window dressing was done for all to see.

Now the kidnappers are back with vengeance. They dont even bother taking their victims outside town any more. Business is brisk and booming and many new players are relocating to Warri everyday. There is no shortage of employees in this business. Besides youth unemployment in Warri hovers around 90% many of whom had seen good money and the better life under Ibori govt. The king pins might be the only ones doing big things round town now which means they too have to watch their back.

With 2 medical doctors forced to cool their heels in kidnappers den, the NMA is on a collision course with Uduaghan's govt. We are not talking of lesser people whose strike mean nothing to govt. I am seriously considering a midlife career swap. The risk of a kidnapper getting caught in Warri is near zero. Even if you do all you get is a 2yr vacation in the big house-admittedly not the best of place to be but when weighed against the windfall of a positive outcome it becomes very tempting. At least it is nothing like the death penalty or life imprisonment that has been legislated into life in other states.

Any way if I do eventually put my thoughts into action and I succeed, I will let you all know in these pages. If I dont succeed and pennywise is exposed gun in hand on Channels Tv at least you get to have the priviledge of knowing how it all started.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Warns Chairmanship Aspirants Against Verbal Attacks / Lai Mohammed Says Nigerian Government Is Not Gagging The Media / Jonathan Describes Boko Haram As Uncivilised

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.