Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,393 members, 7,846,642 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? (7653 Views)

Why Has Power Supply Suddenly Improved? / The President Said Nigeria's Woes Would Have Been Worse But For Prayers. / Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by forkadict(m): 11:15am On Apr 03, 2012
babeface3: God will surely have mercy on Nigeria. I had always wondered why people in that part of the world are always at the receiving end of everything. Here in Europe, during the winter, I was always marvelled whenever they make good weather a prayer point in their churches. The toughest of the winters cannever be compared to what we have over there in the name of weather. I remember my days in Lagos when I could not sleep for several days because of heat, whatever the winter here you just need to cover yourself with any cheap winter wear or blanket and have a very sound sleep. Lets leave electricity for now. I have never seen any rodent or those nasty insects in my low level room where I live as a student, yet the cutest and most hygienic houses in Nigeria have all these disease infesting insects, not to mention the worst of all, mosquitoes. I can stay outside my hostel without any mosquito bite, now that its spring. When I asked my Nigerian friend here in the campus why these rodents and insects like house flies are not here, he just sarcastically said 'why would they be here, Nigeria is their home". I was rushing to kill a rare specie of mosquito I saw one day in my room and my European room mate started laughing,.. "ur gonna get malaria" I intoned, 'no no, there is no maalaariaa here, that insect doesnt give maalaaria, it doesnt bite, he quipped. What have we done in that part of the world with politicians carting this money away in billions? Yet we see all sort of big cars and other luxuries among the people everyday.
See JJC. so because dem manage smuggle you enter UK now, we no go hear word again for naija abi?
Re: Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? by tiebe: 4:52pm On Apr 03, 2012
I heard on the news that top PHCN officials have been sacked in relation to this no light runs!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Genuine Call For A One Week Ceasefire Between Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland / Military Begin Rehabilitation, Reintegration Of Fresh 559 Ex-Boko Haram Fighters / Presidency Intensifies Efforts To Discredit Ribadu Report.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.