Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,853 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

Dimeji Bankole Emerges As New Speaker Of The House Of Representatives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dimeji Bankole Emerges As New Speaker Of The House Of Representatives (1766 Views)

Dimeji Bankole Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today! / Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives / Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dimeji Bankole Emerges As New Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by bioye(m): 3:03pm On Nov 01, 2007
On completion of voting in the House of Representatives today, Hon. Dimeji Bankole from Abeokuta South Constituency of Ogun State has emerged as the new Speaker of the Honourable House of Assembly of Nigeria.

Reference: http://africa.reuters.com/wire/news/usnL01154664.html
Re: Dimeji Bankole Emerges As New Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by Joey82(m): 3:15pm On Nov 01, 2007
Thanks 4 d update man.
Hope this one wont lead us to the shambles Etteh led us to
Re: Dimeji Bankole Emerges As New Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by desgiezd(m): 3:36pm On Nov 01, 2007
So Etteh has become history! A great lesson there for all of us. I hope this Bankole guy is not OBJ's stooge sha!
Re: Dimeji Bankole Emerges As New Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 01, 2007
Thanks God
He is better than that fool called LEO Awoyemi or whatever he calls his name cool
Re: Dimeji Bankole Emerges As New Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 01, 2007
He is my senior in secondary school (Baptist Boys'High School, Abeokuta), and really we know he will go far in life, i will vouch for his uprightness anyday.

To all BBHS guys in the house i say NULLI SECONDUS!!!!
Re: Dimeji Bankole Emerges As New Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by almondjoy(f): 3:46pm On Nov 01, 2007
Let us see how long this one will last!
Re: Dimeji Bankole Emerges As New Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by evergie(m): 4:16pm On Nov 01, 2007
Do this our new microphone speaker believe in the rule of law and due process?
Re: Dimeji Bankole Emerges As New Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by vigasimple(m): 4:43pm On Nov 01, 2007
I am going to be sarcastic here.

I accept that these things are being zoned and even though the baton should go to the most competent person at the same time.

However, I am begining to get concern that things seems to going the way of OGUN state people. As in the Past Presidency, OBJ X2, ABIOLA, MAJEKODUNMI, SHONEKAN and AWOLOWO. Maybe they are more competent or politically shrewed or we the rest are more stupid. As in the case of the North going to KATSINA state. BHUARI and YAR A'DULL. I hope that these are just coincidence and not sign of marginalization.

I will at least expect the people of Ekiti or Ondo State to be considered.(since the woman from Osun state has messed up)- by the way I am from Osun State and clearly not too happy with Madam Etteh for not knowing how to conduct 'business' in the House and not using the mandate given to her to promote women interest, what a shame.

I will think both Lagos and Oyo state are propably right not going in their because he/she would have been controlled either by Adedibu or Tinubu. this Bu Bu people are usually Bullies anyway.

I will continue to say though that the issue is not ETTEH, it is far bigger than her. It is the way that our politics is conducted that needed to change. Now that ETTEH is gone let us hope that we can achieve progress.

By the way, has Madam Etteh and the deputy speaker resign from the House as a member or have they justĀ  resign from office as speaker and deputy speaker.

It will be interesting to see what they will be like backbenchers from the front bench.

GOD HELP US IN JESUS NAME. AMEN
Re: Dimeji Bankole Emerges As New Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by doyin13(m): 4:50pm On Nov 01, 2007
viga simple. You forgot to add that majority of them are Egbas.

Speaks of their quality I think.

B T W i am not egba o cheesy grin
Re: Dimeji Bankole Emerges As New Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by FSU: 5:37pm On Nov 01, 2007
How una dey take the resignation of Mrs. ''Etteh'' from Osun state?. I have this knack that what happenned with my Igbo brother senators (seemingly high turnover rate of senate presidents) will recur with the Yoruba in the house of reps. To think that Etteh was hardly 150 days in office. Time boku till 2015, for more turn overs.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Emerges As New Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by chidichris(m): 7:00pm On Nov 01, 2007
viga,
am happy to know that u are from osun and that marks the end of our trust in you people.
no wonder u talk the way u do here and i v been thinking u sound more of etteh but i am happy today i know.
now i can tell why u as a person has no shame up to the extent of identifying with armed robber
Re: Dimeji Bankole Emerges As New Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by vigasimple(m): 8:21pm On Nov 01, 2007
@childchris, the fact that UBA -, Andy or Chris maybe UBASANJO but that does not make me to think someone from their state is not good, quite the contrary.

Do you think I am defending Madam Etteh or just speaking the truth.

The problem I'll say it again is nothing to do with Etteh but the way politics is played in Nigeria.

Madam Etteh problem is that she failed 'to share the cake' as it is customary. let me tell you if the people who are supposed to be 'settled' are indeed settled then this will not have been in the public domain.

Unllike the Igbo basher in the house I am proud of my heritage and whatever is good I wll like to continue with it, whatever is not too good I will like to change it and improve it . And I am also a proud Nigerian.

The question is are you proud to be Igbo and a Nigerian or is it Biafara first and Nigeria second? you have to make a choice truthfully and honestly and not have ultrior motives.

Long live Nigeria. May God bless all Nigerians.

(1) (Reply)

Lawmaker Fights On The Street Sorry Car Park / Question For The Oil Minister / Incredible! Woman Delivers Another Baby Three Months After Having A Twin!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.