Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Who Will Win The 'ultimate Prize' If And When Nigeria Disintegrates? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Win The 'ultimate Prize' If And When Nigeria Disintegrates? (3158 Views)

Change: World Now Listens When Nigeria Speaks (Photo) / World Now Listens When Nigeria Speak Pic / Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Who Will Win The 'ultimate Prize' If And When Nigeria Disintegrates? by Nobody: 7:51am On Jun 03, 2013
shymmex:

I disagree with the bolded part. Itsekiri land is yoruba land - and Yorubas own at least 80% of the Bight of Benin - and the other 20% belongs to the Ijaws.
You are a big thief....when did itshekiri call themselves yoruba ...just wait some of them will come in here and perforarate your bogus claims. Oh you dey eye warri Oyel abi? grin
Re: Who Will Win The 'ultimate Prize' If And When Nigeria Disintegrates? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 18, 2013
cry
Re: Who Will Win The 'ultimate Prize' If And When Nigeria Disintegrates? by mandarin: 8:43am On Nov 21, 2013
I do not pray for a break up Nigeria.However, in case of violent break up there wont be time for mushroom countries as many will be swept aside and alignment between groups will determine what number of countries will ensue. Many smaller groups will be swept away into bigger groups but they can negotiate later,maybe after crises for a greater autonomy.
I believe the Itsekiri(not just this group alone but also the present Edo state,Urhobo, Isoko and some parts of Bariba in the north Ebira, maybe all or parts of Igala and possibly western Ijaw) will align with the West in a Commonwealth/Federal structures and the Yoruba country will be the easiest for any group to realize their liberty or will if they negotiate well. This is because possible alternatives may be too harsh for these groups take for instance, a proliferated Niger Delta groups may find nationhood difficult to attain except there is a common enemy to align against.Secondly, the obvious alternative of Igbo country may be too weighty an alternative and considering the enmity already existing between the Delta minorities, the Itsekiri will have to scamp for safety with the mainstream Yoruba to be safe.Also it will be a way not to lose anything economically in terms of investments this group have in the west and to also have a more powerful supports in safe guarding their current infrastructures in Warri and itsekiriland. I see an Itsekiri state or region in Yoruba country as semi autonomous state just like Ekiti, Ikale/Ilaje(Oluwa), Ondo, Ijesa, Igbomina, Okun, Osun, Oke Ogun, Ibadan, Ife, Akoko, Bini,Afemai, Ebira,Ibarapa,Oyan,Oya,Ijebu-Remo, Yewa-Awori, Eko(Lagos), Igala, Bariba, Urhobo-Isoko and Oyo. There could also be some autonomous principalities within these states as Ikaland, Isoko(as stated),Tapa(Nupe in kwara state) and so on.

How am I so sure? nation states are formed not just out of emotions or feelings but also for safety , identity, and prosperities and looking at all options(however not exhaustible) these groups mentioned can gain more than they do presently in Nigeria by controlling much or all their resources and taking advantage of a more peaceful and multi-ethnic society in which they will be recognized and not just exploited. My take

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soldiers Evacuate Family Frm Barak As Bharam Drop Flier Abt Plan 2 Seiz Maduguri / This Is El- Rufai's View Of The Nigerian Military (Pictured) / GEJ Must Go! Change Is Here In Nigeria! Reverend Father Ejike Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.