Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,918 members, 7,838,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

New Speaker Appointed- Honourable Dimeji Bankole - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Speaker Appointed- Honourable Dimeji Bankole (6233 Views)

Dimeji Bankole Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today! / Honourable Moji Lawal Gets Married (photos) / Collection Of Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Grammars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Speaker Appointed- Honourable Dimeji Bankole by Oracle(m): 11:24pm On Nov 04, 2007
ccaramel:

For all you ladies in the house. Bankole is single o. Make una troop out to abuja to catch him, grin lol He's just 37. Anyway apply through me if you want him, he's up for grabs!

ccaramel, is that the only thing you have to say about our new speaker?

Well, he really is single I saw that somewhere and i guess itz been proven.
Re: New Speaker Appointed- Honourable Dimeji Bankole by koko777(m): 3:25pm On Nov 05, 2007
When his intention was made known and raised by the press, reading his profile makes me to have a strong conviction that he would be emerged. His CV is very rich coupled with his political background and youthful age. lets continue to pray for him because this country needs a radical change from some of the old political folks who doesn't have the interest of the people at heart.
To be frank Mr Dimeji Bankole see this position as an act of God and a call to duty, you must not disappoint the youths of this country, eandeavor to speak the truth at all times, do not give in to unpatriotic, pretense leaders who always hide under a veil to perpetrate their evil self seeking acts.
As per the family issue, truly he quickly need to do something about that, married person shows some level of responsibilty. hey, beautiful ladies in Nairaland what are you all waiting for? fwd match to Abuja, ok!
Re: New Speaker Appointed- Honourable Dimeji Bankole by btayo1(m): 6:01pm On Nov 05, 2007
Mr Bankole emergence is good news, as we now have well educated leadership at the top; hope they will collectively bring the knowledge to bear in leading the nation forward; For those complaining about bankole, please give the guy a chance and pray for him as i dont think anyone can say that Bankole for all he's perceived shortcomings (if we want to quantify being single and 4years house experience as that) is not better qualified than Etteh by any yardstick. Another point he emerged from a democratic process and not imposition; so the 300+ members obliviously seen something in Bankole.
Re: New Speaker Appointed- Honourable Dimeji Bankole by folem: 6:13pm On Nov 05, 2007
At the end of the day more than the initial N628 Million will be spent on the renovations and car purchases but very little noise will be heard about it.

Watch this space.
Re: New Speaker Appointed- Honourable Dimeji Bankole by angel101(f): 8:28pm On Nov 05, 2007
This is a welcome development. we need more young and sound people in all arms of govt in this country. I am optimistic about Mr Bankole's ability to serve. I read an impressive interview of his a few years ago when he waas first elected into the house.
I wish him the very best in the huge task ahead.
Re: New Speaker Appointed- Honourable Dimeji Bankole by shine81: 8:39pm On Nov 05, 2007
Here comes the next ogun state governor,the guy is intelligent and smart,i know hes really going to make some positive change in the house.I love Him,hes my man 4 real
idris.
righteousandbold@yahoo.co.uk
Re: New Speaker Appointed- Honourable Dimeji Bankole by birdman(m): 9:37pm On Nov 05, 2007
@Big B1, well said. You put my thoughts into words. Lets hope this is another positive step for nigeria
Re: New Speaker Appointed- Honourable Dimeji Bankole by Builder: 11:02pm On Nov 05, 2007
Been groomed to take over from the hairdresser , I heard he went to some powerful universities, how can one verify this detail?
Re: New Speaker Appointed- Honourable Dimeji Bankole by fakedavid: 11:23pm On Nov 05, 2007
stupid fools - out to bring the man down again - what is his sin? coming forward to serve his fatherland - and all he gets is nothing but abuse and negative talks from hateful goons who knows next to nothing about anything.
Re: New Speaker Appointed- Honourable Dimeji Bankole by nolongthin(m): 12:41pm On Nov 06, 2007
I know him personally cos his my mates's elder brother. He's calm , intelligent and i can genuinely say he has the interest of the nation at heart. I only pray we have more people like him in government in Nigeria cos frankly the major problem with Nigeria is the lack of education of most of the leaders, regadring the fact that he's still a batchelor i don't think thats a prerequisite to ascetain leadership quality . But having said this "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely" so i would be praying for him and hope he doesn't dissappoint.
Re: New Speaker Appointed- Honourable Dimeji Bankole by titus: 1:12pm On Nov 06, 2007
One smart fellow beat me to this!

domain: dimejibankole.com
created: 02-Nov-2007
last-changed: 02-Nov-2007
registration-expiration: 02-Nov-2008

nserver: ns57.1and1.com 74.208.2.9
nserver: ns58.1and1.com 74.208.3.8

Re: New Speaker Appointed- Honourable Dimeji Bankole by segzy2010: 4:42pm On Nov 06, 2007
i am happy that this nonsense has stoped in the lower chamber, kudos to the integrity group, i wont say much for now because i don't know so much about Dimeji Bankola and his antecedent in the political scene of NIgeria.
Re: New Speaker Appointed- Honourable Dimeji Bankole by segzy2010: 4:44pm On Nov 06, 2007
i am happy that this nonsense has stoped in the lower chamber, kudos to the integrity group, i wont say much for now cos i dont know so much about Dimeji Bankola and his antecedent in the political scene of NIgeria.
Re: New Speaker Appointed- Honourable Dimeji Bankole by 9ja4eva: 7:49pm On Nov 06, 2007
Hopefully Dimeji becomes a revelation,
Re: New Speaker Appointed- Honourable Dimeji Bankole by Shinatu: 9:04am On Nov 08, 2007
You mean the guy is single? Meeeeeeen!
That is the most eligible bachelor in Nigeria right now, but I suspect guys
of that age who are not married, there is usually a flaw in character somewhere

Ladies are very smart, a good guy does not last in the market, he is caught somehow
by hook or by crook!

Have you guys heard about the NYSC saga?
What is the latest, does he have any explanation?
Re: New Speaker Appointed- Honourable Dimeji Bankole by mendax: 11:35am On Nov 08, 2007
hmm, u always no a lady from her coments!
Re: New Speaker Appointed- Honourable Dimeji Bankole by fuzek: 10:28pm On Nov 08, 2007
Interesting!!!
Re: New Speaker Appointed- Honourable Dimeji Bankole by FemiATL: 12:20am On Nov 09, 2007
I wish him well getting married to any Naija babe that he does not know since primary school. Nowadays you have to deploy a tracer device/strategy on these girls, okay ladies,  to find out where they evolved from.

Let's cut to the chase,

It is time for cleansing and change in Nigeria, of any form, shape, manner , anything!
Back in the mid 90's to late 90's, as a young I.T professional, I walked almost all the major office corridors of Abuja, entered offices all the way up to the minister level and EVERY SINGLE PERSON I MET, wanted a bribe of some sort, some up-front. They were all older men and women, old enough to be my parents.

If you have all been following the political and general governance in Nigeria, I am sure most have, , it is being run by the older generation who i consider as thieves, don't really care cos i will say it to their face. They are the scum of the earth. They are worst than armed robbers, cos armed robbers during robberies end up killing a few people and in some cases none, whilst some get wounded etc. But politicians and government officers steal money meant for the development of a country, state, local government, it goes a long way in affecting millions of lives. I wish you can all see from where i am looking at it from, but i maintain my stand till the day i die, ALL THE OLD GENERATION IN THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT MUST GOO! Or else we will have 70, 80, 90 something year old thieves in our midst. The faeces on the cake will be people saying, "ah dat man get money oh!" or "oga sir welcome" or "rankadede", who the hell are you talking about, your broke self calling a thief oga. When we all come to terms with the messed up lives we live in Nigeria then maybe it will occur to us all that something needs to be done period.
Oh i forgot, the whiteman just laughs at our foolishness, oh the world laughs at our foolishness, ha! We readers living overseas especially in the U.S know what i am saying.

As for Bankole, I wish him all the best that i can muster from all angles. I hope his success in politics and government will lead the way for the younger Nigerians to stand up and participate in the development of Nigeria and Africa as a whole.

Ah i forgot, it is easier said than done.
Re: New Speaker Appointed- Honourable Dimeji Bankole by 9ja4eva: 8:02am On Nov 09, 2007
Shinatu:

Have you guys heard about the NYSC saga?
What is the latest, does he have any explanation?

At least he go school.
Re: New Speaker Appointed- Honourable Dimeji Bankole by Shinatu: 8:52am On Nov 09, 2007
@Mendax,

That sounds like a very sexist remark to me.
Re: New Speaker Appointed- Honourable Dimeji Bankole by davedesire(m): 7:29pm On Nov 09, 2007
The guy done prove himself as a graduate, the foolish nigerians wen wan spoil him name done shame too. They guy no wetin him dey do atleast. He no be like some of dem wen no even go school and dem dey claim hon. members.

BANKOLE, I hail oh
Re: New Speaker Appointed- Honourable Dimeji Bankole by yewaman1(m): 12:23pm On Nov 12, 2007
a gentlemans gentleman.
Re: New Speaker Appointed- Honourable Dimeji Bankole by yewaman1(m): 12:25pm On Nov 12, 2007
a gentlemans gentleman. and would be the youngest
speaker in the history of Nigeria
@

37years old
Re: New Speaker Appointed- Honourable Dimeji Bankole by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 12, 2007
Good write ups accolades for this young Nigeria just as we all did for Madam Cash, we Nigerians we suffer from partial amnesia,soon this'Godsent' will turn to be 'Who sent' in a matter of days. remember he is just A speaker nothing else
Re: New Speaker Appointed- Honourable Dimeji Bankole by folem: 12:06am On Apr 28, 2008

http://www.tribune.com.ng/27042008/around_and_about%20.html

" They didn’t know that their rump would be exposed by a mere breath of air. I wasn’t surprised, therefore, that members of that House were reported to have allocated to themselves a whopping N114, 054 for their daily bread. N114, 000 for the man who you say you voted for to eat per day, when you are finding it hard to buy a kongo of rice which costs N400!

It is much more mind-boggling because there are many out there who have not spent as much on their food in their entire life but, then that is not of concern to the Dimeji Bankole-led House. After reading this from a national daily on Sunday, a friend said in consternation that, even if one was to eat a whole elephant, it could not have cost up to that. I think so too.

Pray, what in God’s name would make the Bankole-led House appropriate for each member this ridiculous, insensitive and outrageous amount for food in one day? What were they thinking? I have not found a worse form of gluttony and corruption than this especially from the same people who are fond of pontificating and probing this and that. Another friend has just joked that I should worry less because the Reps allocated so much because they were forward-looking, that soon world prices of food will escalate to the extent that their N114, 000 will be just right. That is simply stealing and it becomes worse that President Yar’Adua had to succumb to the threat from this same House over the budget which the president didn’t want to sign because he said it was skewed in favour of the lawmakers.

The Reps, according to the newspaper report, did not stop there. They are planning to spend N1, 720, 000, 000 on purchase of office equipment while it would also spend another N600 million on computers and Integrated Information Technology Project and Infrastructure. It will spend another N250million on intercom connectivity. Curious spending? Any difference?

The Reps also made provision for N600 million to purchase guest houses for the Speaker and his deputy in “the Lagos area” while about N500 million was allocated for the Speaker’s residence, the same offence over which Olubunmi Etteh was, well, unnecessarily, vilified. Our Reps did not stop at this insensate profligacy. According to this same report, the lawmakers in their 2008 budget earmarked approximately N2.8billion to purchase new vehicles for themselves, notwithstanding that the same amount was earmarked for the same items in last year’s budget!

It is only wonders that shall never end, not the charade by the House of Reps. All foolery must come to an end especially this one, because, as more people go hungry, every gluttonous Rep will vomit every silly morsel of N114, 000 food allowance they are swallowing. They will also go hungry unless they are purged."

Re: New Speaker Appointed- Honourable Dimeji Bankole by Kobojunkie: 2:34am On Apr 28, 2008
@Folem, is that article then saying that what she did was not wrong??
Re: New Speaker Appointed- Honourable Dimeji Bankole by folem: 9:55am On Apr 28, 2008
Kobojunkie:

@Folem, is that article then saying that what she did was not wrong??

You are free to jump to your own conclusions.

If you read some of the earlier comments, I predicted that the amount that will be eventually spent on the Speaker's house renovations will surpasss the one earlier proposed by the former Speaker. In addition to the renovations, N600 million is being budgeted to purchase guest houses for the Speaker and his deputy in “the Lagos area” now (without the car purchases).
Re: New Speaker Appointed- Honourable Dimeji Bankole by DisGuy: 4:19pm On Dec 09, 2010
you still dey laugh? grin

new generation
Re: New Speaker Appointed- Honourable Dimeji Bankole by Kobojunkie: 5:51pm On Dec 09, 2010

Are you sure this is not someone that needs to be investigated, just in case?

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/life_style/article01/061007

WOW . . . . 3 years ago !!! WOW . . . If only we had thoroughly investigated the nimrod back then . . . ROFLMAO!!
Re: New Speaker Appointed- Honourable Dimeji Bankole by Gbawe: 6:22pm On May 19, 2011
The statements below , from the OP , shows how deceptive Nigerian 419ners politicians are .

The appointement of this Gentleman is a tremendous blessing to Nigeria's Democracy.

My daughter and I had the privilege of meeting him in January 2004 in Abuja. He is so intelligent, cultured, calm and humble.

He is the quintessential leadership material Nigeria's House of Representatives needs at this time.

Congratulations to him!!
Re: New Speaker Appointed- Honourable Dimeji Bankole by enyojo(f): 8:21pm On May 19, 2011
This thread reveals how objective Kobojunkie can be!
More greese     cool
Re: New Speaker Appointed- Honourable Dimeji Bankole by Kilode1: 4:42pm On Jun 07, 2011
Skepticism is a virtue.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lawyer Writes Sanusi Lamido To Declare His Salary Or Face Legal Action / Presidential Tribunal: A Brief Analysis Of Atiku Final Written Addresses / How Jonathan Will Cruise To Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.