Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,056 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? (11112 Views)

Olusegun Agagu has finally been buried (PHOTOS) / 110 Die In Accidents On Benin-Lagos & Onitsha-Owerri Expressways / Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by member67023: 1:16pm On Apr 02, 2012
Hope the road have adequate drainage for the heavy rains that will come soon.
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by dmainboss: 1:16pm On Apr 02, 2012
It is cowardly not to be able to acknowledge a fact just because. you don't like the person involved. I did post on a thread about 2 months back that for the first time is over 20 years, I travelled to Benin without changing lanes. This is very unusual because. of the bad roads. Now the road is good. There are definitely a few areas that need some touch but most of the road is very good now. Trying to now give the credit to Obj or Yaradua is very cowardly. You should not be ashamed to give this present government its credit. You won't die, trust me. But you should also demand more. Lets commend them and demand more.
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by Funkymallam(m): 1:18pm On Apr 02, 2012
greateros:

M0r0n! keep deluding yourself!

Nigerians stop letting yourselves be fooled by this PDP propaganda machines! Benin-lagos expressway is still as it is! unless the repair was done last week cause i passed the road on Friday march 23rd! Its even worse now that the rains are here!

Besides, that road is suppose to be expanded to 4 lanes on both sides not patching up the death trap!

You all know that if that road has been repaired or expanded, beef would av taken the trouble to go and get us the real photos instead of linking us to Lindaikeji a blogger doing everything possible to attract traffic to her blog!

They are bloody RAZISTS ni! you are bloody ode gan! grin grin

Do u need to lie to make a point?
U cant say its as it used to be. They are working seriously on it and the work gave reached an advanced stage. Just a lil axis to fix.

I knw u hate the present gov but dnt b petty about it. The joke is on u.
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by 4peace(m): 1:30pm On Apr 02, 2012
The picture are both benin-ore but diff location

i passed the place friday and yesterday(1st april 2012)

work is still going on but nowhere like first picture again.

even i dont remember anythijng like bad road when i passed the express.
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 02, 2012
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by 4peace(m): 1:49pm On Apr 02, 2012
greateros:

Mallam! what are u blabbing about?
the contract on that road is supposed to be 4-lanes on both sides [approved and award by yar adua]just like the expansion of abuja airport road!

besides what advanced stage are u talking about? they are still working on the same old dual lane which basically comprise of patching up and asphalt laying. their is no new expansion yet!

Point of correction: I DON'T HATE THE PRESENT GOVERNMENT - I CAMPAIGNED AGAINST IT DOESN'T MEAN I HATE IT! BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I HAVE TO ACCEPT EVERY LIE SO AS NOT TO BE CALLED ANTI-CURRENT REGIME!

did u pass the place
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by agabaI23(m): 1:49pm On Apr 02, 2012
greateros:

the contract on that road is supposed to be 4-lanes on both sides [approved and award by yar adua]just like the expansion of abuja airport road!

besides what advanced stage are u talking about? they are still working on the same old dual lane which basically comprise of patching up and asphalt laying. their is no new expansion yet!

Point of correction: I DON'T HATE THE PRESENT GOVERNMENT - I CAMPAIGNED AGAINST IT DOESN'T MEAN I HATE IT! BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I HAVE TO ACCEPT EVERY LIE SO AS NOT TO BE CALLED ANTI-CURRENT REGIME!

Have you noticed any progress at all?
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by ziccoit: 1:50pm On Apr 02, 2012
It is my right for government to provide basic amenities. It doesn't need to be praise for providing all this. The money is nobody's wealth. It is for all and are meant for things like this.

Nigerians spoil these corrupts in government by praising them unnecessarily. Praise them when they only go extraordinary.
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 02, 2012
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by warrior01: 2:07pm On Apr 02, 2012
@greateros, pls when did u pass through the road last? is it just bad belle
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by kcjazz(m): 2:21pm On Apr 02, 2012
Not a fan of GEJ but to come here and see pictures and still require evidence is just bad belle.I passed through here yesterday, 2 lanes aside about 90pct completion.The Ore area still under construction noting serious just pave markings everything has been layed.No gully erosion potholes on any part of the road.Not posting any pics will pass there tmro again,pics above is correct.if you no gree go see for urself.Simples
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by onyengbu: 2:40pm On Apr 02, 2012
greateros:

ol boy, you are making a fool of yaself here oooo.

At first you said nothing has been done and you know so because u passed there about a week ago.

Now you are trying very hard to define what you mean when you said nothing was done! Isnt that what oyibo de call clutching to the straw? Cheii grin

Now, trying to read out the terms of the contract of that road is even more absurd!

NB* I have not passed through that road but if ndu chucks of all people will attest to such a GEJ feat, who am I not to believe him! Its like when US killed Osama and al qaeda issued and a statement confirming it and some people kept saying america is lying grin

1 Like

Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by escobar07(m): 2:40pm On Apr 02, 2012
i went thru dat road recently and i can say d job is over 90 percent done. The ore axis is the area remaining to be fixed completely. But along d road there are some bumps, and i can just fathom y they r there. Those bumps were created wen repair works were carried out.. The bumps just dont make sense. As for the median cosing arguments, its on the road; near d ore section.
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by bakila: 2:55pm On Apr 02, 2012
kcjazz: Not a fan of GEJ but to come here and see pictures and still require evidence is just bad belle.I passed through here yesterday, 2 lanes aside about 90pct completion.The Ore area still under construction noting serious just pave markings everything has been layed.No gully erosion potholes on any part of the road.Not posting any pics will pass there tmro again,pics above is correct.if you no gree go see for urself.Simples
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by bakila: 2:58pm On Apr 02, 2012
kcjazz: Not a fan of GEJ but to come here and see pictures and still require evidence is just bad belle.I passed through here yesterday, 2 lanes aside about 90pct completion.The Ore area still under construction noting serious just pave markings everything has been layed.No gully erosion potholes on any part of the road.Not posting any pics will pass there tmro again,pics above is correct.if you no gree go see for urself.Simples

When a section are still under construction it means the road is being fixed. Not finally fixed, we are entitled to demand the it be appropriately fixed finally.
Unless you are saying that the ore section is not part of the road.
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by nduchucks: 3:11pm On Apr 02, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

NB* I have not passed through that road but if ndu chucks of all people will attest to such a GEJ feat, who am I not to believe him! Its like when US killed Osama and al qaeda issued and a statement confirming it and some people kept saying america is lying grin

Kedu ka m si ga emeta gị mma?
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by PHIPEX(m): 3:48pm On Apr 02, 2012
I passed through that road about 6 times in d last 3 months and I can say that d road is as gud as completed. On non of the occassions with I witness the usual historic hold-ups that take hours to clear due to bad road. Any reasonable mind can conclude that d road has been fixed.
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by Iolo(m): 3:59pm On Apr 02, 2012
dmainboss: It is cowardly not to be able to acknowledge a fact just because. you don't like the person involved. I did post on a thread about 2 months back that for the first time is over 20 years, I travelled to Benin without changing lanes. This is very unusual because. of the bad roads. Now the road is good. There are definitely a few areas that need some touch but most of the road is very good now. Trying to now give the credit to Obj or Yaradua is very cowardly. You should not be ashamed to give this present government its credit. You won't die, trust me. But you should also demand more. Lets commend them and demand more.

How frequently have u passed that road in recent years? Are you aware that construction didn't just begin last year? Not even the year before? When did GEJ become president, acting or otherwise? I tell you that construction was on already before then.

Maybe not OBJ but Yar Adua's govt was the one who gave out the contract to RCC. GEJ can't claim 100% praise on this. At best he wud be applauded for not delaying funds or retracting the contract.
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by Iolo(m): 4:04pm On Apr 02, 2012
greateros:

pls u guys shouldn't misunderstand me.

THE POST SAYS THE ROAD HAS FINALLY BEEN FIXED!

when i say the road is still as it is, i mean its still on the maintenance stage that has been going on since late 2010 till date! there is no additional new lanes yet! they are still maintaining the old lanes!

the level of repairs on the road can honestly be rated 58% cause some part is just laid with MC1 and gravels. while some part is laid with asphalt for like 3km then their is a break of about another 4kms then some part is filled with gravels and some part the equipments are there but no major work done yet!

From Ore down to the beginning of Edo boundary past Okada and down. That's a lot more than 3km bro.
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 4:07pm On Apr 02, 2012
I have never seen a government that delivers on promises like GEJ. He already has my vote if he chooses to stay and complete his tenure for Nigeria. I suppose the gap inbetween the pillars are for street lights with solar panel to be installed in the future.

Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by otokx(m): 5:16pm On Apr 02, 2012
One picture is not enough to draw a conclusion on this matter.
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by Beaf: 5:24pm On Apr 02, 2012
snthesis: dont want to doubt- just need clarification- is this thread stating that the entire Benin-Lagos road stretch has been fixed

Yes. There is only minor tidying up to do. The journey from Lagos to Benin is now 3 and a half hours (for the first time since most NLers were born).
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by Beaf: 5:43pm On Apr 02, 2012
Iolo:

How frequently have u passed that road in recent years? Are you aware that construction didn't just begin last year? Not even the year before? When did GEJ become president, acting or otherwise? I tell you that construction was on already before then.

Maybe not OBJ but Yar Adua's govt was the one who gave out the contract to RCC. GEJ can't claim 100% praise on this. At best he wud be applauded for not delaying funds or retracting the contract.

Bro, for as long as most can remember, there has been "construction" going on on that road. There have always been awe inspiring machines lining the route, but to what effect? They simply pocketted the money, decade after decade.

Lets give praise where it is due. Whatever held back the road repairs for the past few decades has been hit by the miracle of GEJ; it is like the impossible has happened.

Fresh Air!!! cool
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by Jakumo(m): 5:53pm On Apr 02, 2012
It is fascinating to note how reluctantly direct acknowledgement is given to the person of Johnny B. Goode, yet this new highway would have continued to exist only in the realm of unfulfilled pre-election pledges, were ANY mortal other than Johnny B. Goode president of Nigeria at this moment in time.

Way down Niger Delta close to New Warri
Out in the woods among the ever greens
There stood a log cabin made of earth and wood
Where lived a young man named Johnny B. Goode

Now Johnny he don't be playin' no show an' tell
'Cause he be fixin' Nigeria just like a-ringin' a bell
Go go Goooo Johnny Go, Go Go, Gooo Johnny Go!
Johnny B. Goode !
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by Funkymallam(m): 6:09pm On Apr 02, 2012
greateros:

Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by Abujabir24: 6:31pm On Apr 02, 2012
yeah its true it has been fixed. I passed the road today.
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by Funkymallam(m): 6:41pm On Apr 02, 2012
greateros:

The joke is on u.
Keep running around the market naked! cheesy
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by drnoel: 6:50pm On Apr 02, 2012
Beaf: This is the link to the Linda Ikeji blog post: http://lindaikeji..co.uk/2012/04/transformation-comes-to-benin-lagos.html

Yes, the road has been fixed. cool
What a generation of "strong leaders" could not achieve has been accomplished.
Fresh Air!!!

the problem is not just fixing it but how long it would remain in good conditions b4 it goes bad again and then the road would plunge back in2 square one. U know in Naija there is no maintenance culture
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by GboyegaD(m): 7:05pm On Apr 02, 2012
With RCC as the contractor, I truly do not see the road lasting a long time before it starts cracking up. The Ibadan - Ife road is a very good example of their work in the past.
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by dayokanu(m): 7:18pm On Apr 02, 2012
A thread was opened by some of Retardeen Jonathans followers a year ago which claimed Benin ore road has been fixed see below

https://www.nairaland.com/644476/benin-ore-road-been-fixed.

Some months later the same person came back to admit he was lying that it was part of the spin and sell tactics of the administration and supporters

PapaBrowne: ^^^
We had an election to win and we won at any cost!! Spin and spell inclusive grin grin grin

The important thing now is to move this potentially great nation forward! And things are looking up!!
Don't you just love the new Trade and Investment ministry?? The country is expanding and opportunities are cropping up in numerous areas. The man with an eye would take advantage and harness the opportunities! In this next 4 years, the private sector is king!!

I am comfortable with the Jonathan presidency and I'm happy, like most other Nigerians that voted him en masse that the man had a convincing victory! If anything, at least the world gave immense accreditation to his victory!!
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by ijeebest: 7:25pm On Apr 02, 2012
musiwa.:
Linda ikeji' is a disappointment.

But is this true? i have heard this severally. Heard she owes so many guys and doesnt like paying back. Can someone else confirm this please?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Should Call For Help – Tunde Bakare / Ministerial Nominees To Be Presented 30 Days From Presidential Inauguration / Breaking: Rotimi Amaechi Dumps APC, Moves To ADC To Oust Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.