Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,308 members, 7,954,233 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:06 PM

Much Ado About Nothing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Much Ado About Nothing (925 Views)

What Fayose Wore To Visit Ewi Of Ado-Ekiti (Photo) / Fayose Pictured At Ado Chicken Republic Eating Meat (pic) / Much Ado About Buhari's Daughter Schooling Overseas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Much Ado About Nothing by dadicvila(m): 4:51pm On Apr 02, 2012
There is a saying that in the land of the blind,the man with 1 eye becomes the king,maybe its the case of Edo state,just maybe...the last time i visited benin was 6yrs ago and have been hearing so much about the good works of the comrade governor that when i got into Benin city for a traditional marriage over the weekend i got in with high hopes and expectations...when i entered benin i must confess i was really impressed with the state of ring road and sapele road,the beauty and elegance but as i moved towards places like Egor,Uwelu,Useh,Ogida,Sapele road...etc,cudnt help but notice that things are pretty much the same with what i saw 6yrs ago and i began to wonder where the dozens of developmental projects i have been hearing about dissappeared to,has Oshomoile spent 6yrs beautifying just the areas that travellers could easily see??(sapele,ring and airport roads)while acknowledging that the situation has improved 4rm what it used to be 6yrs ago but the situation of majority of the roads in benin are pathetic,they are simply unpassable,i woudnt be suprised if 45% of the roads in that city are unpassable...it rained briefly on sunday evening and it was hell getting to my destination in Ogida from Ugbowor were i had gone to visit a relative because the roads were practically flooded,and i wonder how people survive in benin city during raining seasons......anybody can easily point out that he met nothing on ground but what are his own achievements in terms of infrastructural development,healthcare,education,etc since he got there??have he really brought development to Edo state to the best of his abilities as he promised,was he really a breath of fresh air for the people of Edo state??is anybody familiar with the situation in benin??has the hype of the comrade governor been worth it??please share your thoughts....thanx 4 your informed opinions.....please this isnt a PDP vs ACN thread oO,i am just bearing my mind as an independent observer
Re: Much Ado About Nothing by Arosa(m): 4:59pm On Apr 02, 2012
The question you should ask is does he have enough funds for the development of Edo state. The work he did that you call "little", I heard that he had to borrow to have them completed. undecided
Re: Much Ado About Nothing by dadicvila(m): 6:39pm On Apr 02, 2012
Arosa: The question you should ask is does he have enough funds for the development of Edo state. The work he did that you call "little", I heard that he had to borrow to have them completed. undecided
i dont really understand you,dont edo state recieve monthly allocation 4rm Abuja??how has he fared in internal revenue generation??so T.A orji can also justify his non performance with lack of funds abi??is that what you are insinuating??
Re: Much Ado About Nothing by Arosa(m): 7:02pm On Apr 02, 2012
The point I am trying to raise is that the Edo state monthly allocation is not enough to pay for civil servants salary and pensions,not to talk of road, drainage constructs and repair. As for the internal revenue generation, your guess is as good as mine undecided
Re: Much Ado About Nothing by dadicvila(m): 7:32pm On Apr 02, 2012
Arosa: The point I am trying to raise is that the Edo state monthly allocation is not enough to pay for civil servants salary and pensions,not to talk of road, drainage constructs and repair. As for the internal revenue generation, your guess is as good as mine undecided
no i disagree,inasmuch as i know its not as much as fellow ND states like bayelsa,rivers and delta but you cant tell me its less than a state like enugu and so far Chime have done well,atleast i was in enugu few months back and i was impressed with the state of infrastructures.....the point is adams have performed far below expectation,i wish some1 that resides in benin can prove me wrong
Re: Much Ado About Nothing by seleroms: 11:20pm On Apr 02, 2012
So Oshiomole has spent 6years as the governor of Edo state hmmmmm? What did lucky and osunbor do in that state while they were in power. I have spent over 25 years of my life in that state and when i left for over 5 years and came back i was impressed by what i saw(in all the location i went ) the guy should be given some credit,no one is perfect but he is trying. Look at the construction work from new benin to ugbow with the walkway and parking space or is it airport road or third and second east circular road,how about TV road. He will do wonders if he has the means. Flooding is a big problem in benin,take adolor college junction as a case study it defies all solutions so fatr ,even Abel Guobadia former INEC chairman of blessed memory haf to relocate to GRA cos of the flood wahala. Dont forget the fact that there are also local government chairmen and national assembly members who could be of assisstance but have all left it to the governor cos in lagos that is what happens
dadicvila: There is a saying that in the land of the blind,the man with 1 eye becomes the king,maybe its the case of Edo state,just maybe...the last time i visited benin was 6yrs ago and have been hearing so much about the good works of the comrade governor that when i got into Benin city for a traditional marriage over the weekend i got in with high hopes and expectations...when i entered benin i must confess i was really impressed with the state of ring road and sapele road,the beauty and elegance but as i moved towards places like Egor,Uwelu,Useh,Ogida,Sapele road...etc,cudnt help but notice that things are pretty much the same with what i saw 6yrs ago and i began to wonder where the dozens of developmental projects i have been hearing about dissappeared to,has Oshomoile spent 6yrs beautifying just the areas that travellers could easily see??(sapele,ring and airport roads)while acknowledging that the situation has improved 4rm what it used to be 6yrs ago but the situation of majority of the roads in benin are pathetic,they are simply unpassable,i woudnt be suprised if 45% of the roads in that city are unpassable...it rained briefly on sunday evening and it was hell getting to my destination in Ogida from Ugbowor were i had gone to visit a relative because the roads were practically flooded,and i wonder how people survive in benin city during raining seasons......anybody can easily point out that he met nothing on ground but what are his own achievements in terms of infrastructural development,healthcare,education,etc since he got there??have he really brought development to Edo state to the best of his abilities as he promised,was he really a breath of fresh air for the people of Edo state??is anybody familiar with the situation in benin??has the hype of the comrade governor been worth it??please share your thoughts....thanx 4 your informed opinions.....please this isnt a PDP vs ACN thread oO,i am just bearing my mind as an independent observer
shocked
dadicvila: There is a saying that in the land of the blind,the man with 1 eye becomes the king,maybe its the case of Edo state,just maybe...the last time i visited benin was 6yrs ago and have been hearing so much about the good works of the comrade governor that when i got into Benin city for a traditional marriage over the weekend i got in with high hopes and expectations...when i entered benin i must confess i was really impressed with the state of ring road and sapele road,the beauty and elegance but as i moved towards places like Egor,Uwelu,Useh,Ogida,Sapele road...etc,cudnt help but notice that things are pretty much the same with what i saw 6yrs ago and i began to wonder where the dozens of developmental projects i have been hearing about dissappeared to,has Oshomoile spent 6yrs beautifying just the areas that travellers could easily see??(sapele,ring and airport roads)while acknowledging that the situation has improved 4rm what it used to be 6yrs ago but the situation of majority of the roads in benin are pathetic,they are simply unpassable,i woudnt be suprised if 45% of the roads in that city are unpassable...it rained briefly on sunday evening and it was hell getting to my destination in Ogida from Ugbowor were i had gone to visit a relative because the roads were practically flooded,and i wonder how people survive in benin city during raining seasons......anybody can easily point out that he met nothing on ground but what are his own achievements in terms of infrastructural development,healthcare,education,etc since he got there??have he really brought development to Edo state to the best of his abilities as he promised,was he really a breath of fresh air for the people of Edo state??is anybody familiar with the situation in benin??has the hype of the comrade governor been worth it??please share your thoughts....thanx 4 your informed opinions.....please this isnt a PDP vs ACN thread oO,i am just bearing my mind as an independent observer

(1) (Reply)

Man, Frustrated By Subsidy Report Mess Threatens To Blow Up Nass. / Fashola Awards Ojota- Ikorodu Road For N29bn/ / Nigerian Professor Becomes First Black VC Of University Ofillinois

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.