Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Important! Lay Down Rules In Your Relationship. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Important! Lay Down Rules In Your Relationship. (8355 Views)

Wow! This Nigerian Couple Broke All Rules In Lagos Beach Wedding (photos) / Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? / Can You Lay Down Your Life For The Love Of Your Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Important! Lay Down Rules In Your Relationship. by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 03, 2012
seedord247: Poster---

You must be special a adviser for Al-qaeda or Boko Haram. grin
Lwkmd...if my sis develops feelin 4 d op,na berra slap i go dash am
Re: Important! Lay Down Rules In Your Relationship. by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 03, 2012
angelz: @ poster.
somehow l find d rules funny.
but beliv me, if l were not married, den l wuld go 4 guys like u, if n only if
it means wat u dont want me 2 do 2 u, den dont try it with me.
am use to takin care of mysef cus my mum was d person wu saw 6 of us thru
despite having a daddy, so its part of me 2 takia of my needs n even dat of my family.
but if ur arse is broke, den dont ask me 4 a dime.
its cool.
LOL @ if my arse is broke. can't just stop laughing. Atleast a woman as given me thumbs up cuz she understand wat i'm saying. Muuuaaaah! Tnk u jare. I wud like to date a lady like u. You are a true virteous woman. But u are married?? So no show. Still laughing though...
Re: Important! Lay Down Rules In Your Relationship. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Apr 03, 2012
ifysimple: Selfish rules. Mtchewww!
babe! dat's mean now.
Re: Important! Lay Down Rules In Your Relationship. by eemmason(m): 1:42pm On Apr 03, 2012
I don't think setting rules is w@ keeps the relationship going!
Re: Important! Lay Down Rules In Your Relationship. by joe4christ(m): 1:44pm On Apr 03, 2012
[size=15pt] If only you ladies would adhere to the rules and regulations listed by the OP the world entirely would've been a better place as there would definately be a drastic decline in divorses faced by many homes in this 21st century.

@OP Dont give up on your quest cos only a woman who truly loves you for you would stick to those your rules and regulations.

Goodluck! [/size]
Re: Important! Lay Down Rules In Your Relationship. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 03, 2012
seedord247: Poster---

You must be special a adviser for Al-qaeda or Boko Haram. grin
Re: Important! Lay Down Rules In Your Relationship. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 03, 2012
seedord247:

Broo.. i'd advice you to mix water pia pia and indocid together, take 1 spoon in the morning and 2 at night before going to bed.

This is the best pills i can recommend for you, before this illness get to another level. but if symptoms persist, consult your Babalawo. grin lipsrsealed
*Falls down from a mango tree*...lwtmb
Re: Important! Lay Down Rules In Your Relationship. by DExplorer1: 1:51pm On Apr 03, 2012
bennyraz:
i'm the most caring guy u wud ever meet. But sorry to say. There's only one captain in a ship. And that's me. Me and me alone.

Gbam! Guy you correct. Most of these ladies needs military approach.

You Need To Read These! After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

21 Reasons He Hasn't Proposed to You Yet

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship

16 Raw but Bitter Truths Ladies Must Know

1 Like

Re: Important! Lay Down Rules In Your Relationship. by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 03, 2012
eemmason: I don't think setting rules is w@ keeps the relationship going!
so wat keeps a relationship going? Love Rules play an integral part in a relationship. For example if a girl is dating a smoker/drunk and the girl is not okay with it, you simply tell the guy, i don't want you smoking/drinking. And if the guy respects/love you, he would stop the act. You can't just wait and get married and expect him to change It is the rule of law that will keep any country going. God set is law for us to follow. There can be love with no rules. And if your spouse respect your rules, it only shows humility. And anyone who humbles himself/herself will be lifted up. But if you can't stick with my rules, it only shows pride. And like they say ''pride goes before a fall''
Re: Important! Lay Down Rules In Your Relationship. by Romeo3(m): 1:54pm On Apr 03, 2012
Rules in a relationship? Relationships are not one sided, and you have to realize that it's not your right to be in a relationship. You do not force respect on anyone, respect has to be earned. You can earn the respect of any lady by the way you treat her. Asking a lady to follow premeditated rules sounds like a dose of insecurity + low self esteem. If you are to go by the way of rules, everyone has rules, but how would you feel if she asks you to follow her rules to the letter? You are not perfect, neither is she. You should expect mistakes, and expect people to wrong you. The way you handle matters goes to prove your maturity, and she'll respect you for that. . .

Any woman that strictly follows those rules you stated above does not Love you!

1 Like

Re: Important! Lay Down Rules In Your Relationship. by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 03, 2012
joe4christ: [size=15pt] If only you ladies would adhere to the rules and regulations listed by the OP the would entirely would be a better place as there would definately be a drastic decline in devouses faced by many homes in this 21st century.

@OP Dont give up on your quest cos only a woman who truly loves you for you would stick to those your rules and regulations.

Goodluck! [/size]
thank you jare. One luv. I was even thinking that guys/chicks wud share the rules they've set in their relationships. But apparently, have been able to set my eyes on non! I know sum guys don't always like it when a woman touches the remote control when watching TV together.. Guys i'm waiting to hear yours o. And ladies, which rule did u bobo set for u now!
Re: Important! Lay Down Rules In Your Relationship. by joe4christ(m): 2:07pm On Apr 03, 2012
Never nag at me if you dont want me to run gaga on you!

1 Like

Re: Important! Lay Down Rules In Your Relationship. by Nobody: 2:16pm On Apr 03, 2012
Romeo.:
Rules in a relationship? Relationships are not one sided, and you have to realize that it's not your right to be in a relationship. You do not force respect on anyone, respect has to be earned. You can earn the respect of any lady by the way you treat her. Asking a lady to follow premeditated rules sounds like a dose of insecurity + low self esteem. If you are to go by the way of rules, everyone has rules, but how would you feel if she asks you to follow her rules to the letter? You are not perfect, neither is she. You should expect mistakes, and expect people to wrong you. The way you handle matters goes to prove your maturity, and she'll respect you for that. . .

Any woman that strictly follows those rules you stated above does not Love you!
when will you realise that you are the head! A relationship/marriage is a mini-government. The way you handle will determine if you are a good politician. Do u just think i would read the rules to her once. For example if i call her and she always tell me she's at somewhere. When we see, i simply tell her that ''i don't like when calling u, u tell me at somewhere? Is somewhere a define place'' pls dont tell me that again. It pisses me off. Shekena. That's how i will run from no 1 to no 10. Like i said i give a woman before she asks so she doesn't have to ask me. She might as well say one or two things that she doesn't like about me. I will adhere to it so far it doesn't contravene/counter my own rules. You get it? The Nigerian mentality of respect is money. You Earn everybody's respect if you have money. An 80yrs old man will only say ''yes sir'' to a 15yrs old teenager because he knows he has money. Money commands respect. Get it
Re: Important! Lay Down Rules In Your Relationship. by farggie(m): 2:18pm On Apr 03, 2012
Ȋ̝̊̅†'s important ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ make your fiancée to knows ‎​Ɣ☺ΰr likes A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ dislikes, Ȋ̝̊̅† makes relationship to grow A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ will B̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣ understanding btw the two of you
Re: Important! Lay Down Rules In Your Relationship. by Romeo3(m): 2:42pm On Apr 03, 2012
bennyraz: when will you realise that you are the head! A relationship/marriage is a mini-government. The way you handle will determine if you are a good politician. Do u just think i would read the rules to her once.
I'm not the head of any woman i'm not married to. Even if i'm engaged to be married to her, it doesn't qualify me as her head. Now, after getting married, i'll want my wife to be in a relaxed mood. She should be free to tell me anything. I'm not running a government, i'm trying to make my marriage a success. That i'm the head of the family doesn't make a a control freak who only exhibits control over a woman he's supposed to love and cherish and treat as his own body. Most of those rules you set cannot be applicable to you. Why would you ask someone to do what you know you as a person cannot do? A politician who lays down rules and enforces those rules on his subjects is doomed to fail. A quick example is the governor of Lagos state. He indiscriminately banned the operation of okada in ikeja and he enforced it. Where is that law today? Dashed! You might think that at the beginning you'll have a measure of success, but deep down, she's obeying you grudgingly, and one day, just one day, she'll erupt, and you aint gonna like it!
So you mean you'll read rules to a woman you love, and you expect her to remain loyal to you? If you want someone you'll read rules to, pls pls and pls, buy a DOG!

For example if i call her and she always tell me she's at somewhere. When we see, i simply tell her that ''i don't like when calling u, u tell me at somewhere? Is somewhere a define place'' pls dont tell me that again. It pisses me off. Shekena.
That doesn't make it a rule. And before you marry someone, you should have known her very well, and she should have known you too. Reminding her everyday means you do not really know her and you had no business getting married to her. If she's married to you, she should tell you where she is. If she's not married to you, you have no rights to demand it from her. Her telling you is out of her own want. And even at that, your tone of voice when talking to her would go a long way in telling her how much you really care about her. One day, you'll get miserable from trying to always correct the mistakes of another, by enforcing the rules. Quick questions to you:
Who makes "your" own rules?
What makes them right?
Who reminds you when you go wrong?
Who punishes you when you default?
When i was younger, my father didn't flog us. He used words. Soft words. Never would he raise his voice, and i tell you, when he's done talking to you, you'll wish he rather flogged you instead. Nothing is achieved by being unnecessarily harsh and over domineering.

That's how i will run from no 1 to no 10. Like i said i give a woman before she asks so she doesn't have to ask me. She might as well say one or two things that she doesn't like about me. I will adhere to it so far it doesn't contravene/counter my own rules.
So you alone should make rules? If her own rules contravene yours you wont keep it? Why? Did you marry a slave? Did you marry her to read her the riot act every morning? I don't know why you think marriage is a government. A woman should love you, and not be scared of what will happen to her when she breaks a rule. Keep that up, and you'll be pushing her away. . .

You get it? The Nigerian mentality of respect is money. You Earn everybody's respect if you have money. An 80yrs old man will only say ''yes sir'' to a 15yrs old teenager because he knows he has money. Money commands respect. Get it
What if you are broke? She has rights to listen to you when you are broke? Would you prefer a woman to love and respect you because of the money you have, or because she loves you for who you are, irregardless of your money?

Your orientation about life and relationships especially marriage should change, else, you are only writing out a recipe for your own downfall.

1 Like

Re: Important! Lay Down Rules In Your Relationship. by prettyrich(f): 4:40pm On Apr 03, 2012
[quote author=bennyraz]The key to a prosperous relationship is laying down rules & regulation. Its highly paramount especially with the Era of girls we have this days. Here are the rules i set for my Ex Gf

1. Don't nag me no matter the situation

2. Don't ever call me and ask me for credit

3. Don't ever touch my phone if i don't permit you

4. Never in any way ridicule or insult any member of my family (it might warrant a slap)

5. Don't load my phone with useless i love u text messThis is pure slavery,never knew it ws still in practise.We cant even last 1sec,u could ve ask her not to eat except u permit her to.Olodo! greedy thing!
Re: Important! Lay Down Rules In Your Relationship. by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 03, 2012
@ROMEO. That is where most of you guys get it wrong. You play gentle boy/fine boy in ur relationship and d d day she hurts u, u just feel like committing suicide. Marriage is sweet and bitter. A relationship/courtship should should be like that, there have to be boundaries and out of bounds. Most women divorce their husband when he tries to set a rule he didn't set in their relationship in marriage. For example asking a girl not to put on trouser/go to a particular church is a rule. You don't set it when u are in marriage, u set it while in relationship/courtship. Once the woman knows that, she wouldn't complain that her marriage is a living hell. When she grudges while correcting her in relationship, you call her and tell her that you don't think it would work with both of you in marriage. NB. A woman as to adapt to your weather. A woman as to be truthful and honest. If she can't tell me where she is while in relationship, why would she want to tell me in marriage. Nigerian women are naturally hard. You need to get hard to deal with them. When a wise/virteous woman knows you are telling her not to do this, not to do that, with a space of 1-5yrs. She will adapt. And from there, she would naturally see you love her. And one thing is humility. If she's humble, she would obey your rules. Marriage is not bread and butter so a serious relationship/courtship shouldn't be one. Its a dress rehearsal of what is to come in future. It is only a man that can make a relationship work and if the girl love you, she would cooperate. If not, leave her alone. And if thats the way you handle you own relationship, goodluck. As for me, i've seen, i've read and i've heard

2 Likes

Re: Important! Lay Down Rules In Your Relationship. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 03, 2012
@prettyrich. Thank u. I wonder where the married people are? Make them come yarn us how it has been like?
Re: Important! Lay Down Rules In Your Relationship. by prettyrich(f): 4:51pm On Apr 03, 2012
u r too self centerd,u dnt even consider if ur partner likes wat u r compelling her to.watchout if u r not yet married cos people like u always fall into the trap of those desperate old cargos who will pretend to obey all rules,bt show u hell after marriage rite hs been completed.Goodluck mr Rules nd Regulation
Re: Important! Lay Down Rules In Your Relationship. by ImaIma1(f): 5:16pm On Apr 03, 2012
a woman was not made to be d slave of d man. they r joint heirs, partners, though the man is the senior partner. the man is the head while the woman is the neck and not the tail. some guys jst have some twisted views about relationships. they dnt want their lives to change to accommodate the woman.

they want to woman 2 live by their own rules and terms. they dnt want her to disrupt the patterns tht they hv set in their lives, yet they want her there.

a relatnshp or marriage works whn der is understanding n good communication. what we really lack right now, is mature men.that is not to say that we dont have a few of them around.

i jst notice a lot of immature comments that still need to grow up

2 Likes

Re: Important! Lay Down Rules In Your Relationship. by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 03, 2012
Ima Ima: a woman was not made to be d slave of d man. they r joint heirs, partners, though the man is the senior partner. the man is the head while the woman is the neck and not the tail. some guys jst have some twisted views about relationships. they dnt want their lives to change to accommodate the woman.

they want to woman 2 live by their own rules and terms. they dnt want her to disrupt the patterns tht they hv set in their lives, yet they want her there.

a relatnshp or marriage works whn der is understanding n good communication. what we really lack right now, is mature men.that is not to say that we dont have a few of them around.

i jst notice a lot of immature comments that still need to grow up
yes joint heirs. Accepted. Man is the head accepted. Good communication accepted. Understanding accepted. ON POINT. But i never for once said i would not adapt to her own rule. It mustn't contradict/contravene/counter my own rule. And that makes her a joint heir. Which means, she my subordinate. She should not drag my position as the head with me! Shekena. Have gat morales, why should i enslave her? You don't need to keep talking and talking before you know obedient and stubborn women. How many marriages has broken all because of ''my wife nags me''
Re: Important! Lay Down Rules In Your Relationship. by Dipwater(m): 8:21pm On Apr 03, 2012
Wow friend this ur rules are too much o. I have just 2 golden rules in a relationship
1) Pls don't touch my wall I hate to see stains on my walls and window blinds. Weneva I step into a frnds haus the 1st thng dat come into my mind is ur wll paint and how u tatefully furnished ur apartment
2)Wat eva it is , we can sort it out amicably without making it a drama
Re: Important! Lay Down Rules In Your Relationship. by joe4christ(m): 8:33pm On Apr 03, 2012
Now i see why most marraiges does not last nowadays.
The OP is right on point, it shows most of you are just adults in stature but not with your minds, cos so far i can see that you all reason like teenagers.
Ask married men who have been in marriage for 50yrs they would tell you even more.
Being the head of the family places lots of responsibilities on you and makes you the leader, you ought to be in control and in charge of all situations which u must'nt trade for anything cos it's your duty as a man.
But you playing gentlemansm would only give your wife the upper hand and one thing u must know is never entrust a woman with much power less she rule over your life.
All this just deals with wisdom cos u cannot even live with them without wisdom.

3 Likes

Re: Important! Lay Down Rules In Your Relationship. by warrior101: 9:56am On Apr 04, 2012
we need more f this kind of talk. men have lost their values...
Re: Important! Lay Down Rules In Your Relationship. by ImaIma1(f): 12:03pm On Apr 04, 2012
joe4christ: Now i see why most marraiges does not last nowadays.
The OP is right on point, it shows most of you are just adults in stature but not with your minds, cos so far i can see that you all reason like teenagers.
Ask married men who have been in marriage for 50yrs they would tell you even more.
Being the head of the family places lots of responsibilities on you and makes you the leader, you ought to be in control and in charge of all situations which u must'nt trade for anything cos it's your duty as a man.
But you playing gentlemansm would only give your wife the upper hand and one thing u must know is never entrust a woman with much power less she rule over your life.
All this just deals with wisdom cos u cannot even live with them without wisdom.

so many chauvinistic comments. a man being a head doesnt mean he hs 2 be a dictator.

u sound like whn u get married, u'l put ur wife in the guardroom or subject her to funny rules.

the best thing is to ask God for wisdom to lead ur family right in love and understanding. u dnt get respect if u dnt earn it.

whn there are too many rules, there is usually rebellion.der is also divorce whn d woman feels like the man dictates instead of love.

a man shld be a good leader bt shld remember to love his wife n family in the midst of it all.
Re: Important! Lay Down Rules In Your Relationship. by warrior101: 7:49pm On Apr 04, 2012
division within male circles in the contest for power and attention will never make us settle down and see/talk facts.... some guys just comes all of a sudden and begins to talk about the op vs gaurd room, the op vs chauvinistic and more and more craps like that. he never said anything as suck...

the idea behind chauvinism is that a woman can not do what a man can do... the truth is that woman can, but amateurs can't... so the topic here does not relates to chauvinism at all...

Op remarks that the home a a mini government which i agree to. like they say charity begin from home. in short everything begins from home... if there is no order in the house it will reflect in the society... the man is the head and to run a home there has to be rules and regulations. This still doesn't take out love. that should be for another topic.

This is raw and i did not edit or go through it over and again before clicking submit...
Re: Important! Lay Down Rules In Your Relationship. by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 04, 2012
@WARRIOR101. God bless u. You know wat it takes and u understand my view. All d men that have spoken so far are into play me i play u relationships. Thats why. D women that have spoken against don't know what a real relationship/courtship means. They are still playing.
Re: Important! Lay Down Rules In Your Relationship. by joe4christ(m): 7:51am On Apr 08, 2012
Ima Ima:

so many chauvinistic comments. a man being a head doesnt mean he hs 2 be a dictator.

u sound like whn u get married, u'l put ur wife in the guardroom or subject her to funny rules.

the best thing is to ask God for wisdom to lead ur family right in love and understanding. u dnt get respect if u dnt earn it.

whn there are too many rules, there is usually rebellion.der is also divorce whn d woman feels like the man dictates instead of love.

a man shld be a good leader bt shld remember to love his wife n family in the midst of it all.

I would'nt be surprised if you are a divorcee, but if you have'nt gotten a man for yourself then i would suggest u remain single cos i dont think marraige is for your caliber.

I just pity your husband present or future!
Re: Important! Lay Down Rules In Your Relationship. by Wislet(f): 7:15pm On Apr 08, 2012
Remembering our parents marriages of yester years...... Long lasted, disciplined homes with order.... Regulations guiding conduct.... Respect... Reverence.... High sense of morals and responsibility... where the man ordered his home..children grow up to be sound men and women.
And not the haywire, lawless, Free-for-all, ' civilization-ridden' homes of today.
Having a home with order does not mean people won't or shouldn't be allowed to express themselves freely. NO. Rather that freedom should be accompanied by maturity and responsibility.
Any relationship without some level of order or that the couple haven't sat down to plan how their home should be, is a union of two unserious, playing-to-the-gallery (because society said we should marry)folks who lack focus.
@OP, some of ur 'rules' are nt necessary.
Re: Important! Lay Down Rules In Your Relationship. by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 08, 2012
Wislet: Remembering our parents marriages of yester years...... Long lasted, disciplined homes with order.... Regulations guiding conduct.... Respect... Reverence.... High sense of morals and responsibility... where the man ordered his home..children grow up to be sound men and women.
And not the haywire, lawless, Free-for-all, ' civilization-ridden' homes of today.
Having a home with order does not mean people won't or shouldn't be allowed to express themselves freely. NO. Rather that freedom should be accompanied by maturity and responsibility.
Any relationship without some level of order or that the couple haven't sat down to plan how their home should be, is a union of two unserious, playing-to-the-gallery (because society said we should marry)folks who lack focus.
@OP, some of ur 'rules' are nt necessary.
why do you think my rules are not neccessary? I wouldn't marry a wife that is full of pride neither would i marry a wife that nags. Raw Gold has to pass through hot fire to get pure Gold. For me, my rules are my hot fire for any lady i want to marry. She has to be re-defined.
Re: Important! Lay Down Rules In Your Relationship. by Wislet(f): 8:22pm On Apr 08, 2012
bennyraz: why do you think my rules are not neccessary? I wouldn't marry a wife that is full of pride neither would i marry a wife that nags. Raw Gold has to pass through hot fire to get pure Gold. For me, my rules are my hot fire for any lady i want to marry. She has to be re-defined.
lol sweetheart, na fight? Lol cheesy
I said 'some' not all.
Hey, ur home is yours. No need defending to everyone. Happy Easter.
Re: Important! Lay Down Rules In Your Relationship. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 08, 2012
lol, u guys shouldn't take the poster seriously. He MUST be a joker......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do U Tell ur Sister 2 Vacate D Room Wen U Want To Get Unclad? / Sad! If U See This, You’ll Hate Bodybuilding To Impress Women. Photos & Videos / Six (6) Things That Happen When You Stop Having Sex ( Number 2 Is Deadly)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.