Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,323 members, 7,819,106 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

SS Economic Summit - P. Kagame, R. Giuliani, John Lipsky, Mike Mullen to Attend - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SS Economic Summit - P. Kagame, R. Giuliani, John Lipsky, Mike Mullen to Attend (3996 Views)

Buhari Calls National Economic Summit – Top Official Reveals / Power Outage Mars South-south Economic Summit As President Jonathan, Paul Kagame / Jonathan, Others Set For South-south Economic Summit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

SS Economic Summit - P. Kagame, R. Giuliani, John Lipsky, Mike Mullen to Attend by Beaf: 2:23pm On Apr 04, 2012
[size=14pt]Kagame, others for South-South economic summit in Nigeria[/size]
PANA

President Paul Kagame of Rwanda is among the guests who are expected to attend the 2nd South-South Economic Summit in Asaba, Delta State in Nigeria's oil region 26-28 April.

Also expected to attend the summit, to be declared open by host President Goodluck Jonathan, are former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, ex-first Deputy Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) John Lipsky and the 17th Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Mike Mullen.

The private Guardian newspaper reported Wednesday that the summit, which has the theme ''investment, development, security'', was aimed at underscoring the fact that the South-South is developing and is ready for investment.

The organizers said President Kagame would bring the perspective of a freedom fighter and that of a leader who rebuilt his country from the ruins of genocide, against monumental odds.

“Under his leadership, Rwanda has been called Africa’s ‘biggest success story’ and Kagame has become a public advocate of new models for foreign aid designed to help recipients become self-reliant.

''He is billed to give a development keynote address on ‘Post-conflict Development Policies’,'' said summit spokesman Chike Ogeah.

The summit is being organized by the BRACED Commission, an acronym for Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Edo, and Delta states (the states in the oil-producing South-South region).

The first edition of the summit was held in Calabar, Cross River state, in 2009.

http://www.africanmanager.com/site_eng/detail_article.php?art_id=18190
Re: SS Economic Summit - P. Kagame, R. Giuliani, John Lipsky, Mike Mullen to Attend by Beaf: 2:42pm On Apr 04, 2012
The summit is being organized by the BRACED Commission, an acronym for Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Edo, and Delta states (the states in the oil-producing South-South region).

This is what is meant by "economic integration" and this is the quality of aspiration for the various regions to strive to. It is cross party, multhi-ethnic and dynamic.
The SS is really raising the bar. cool
Re: SS Economic Summit - P. Kagame, R. Giuliani, John Lipsky, Mike Mullen to Attend by bittyend(m): 3:09pm On Apr 04, 2012
Why did you guys invite neo-cons like Rudy Guliani and US Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Mike Mullen?? And P. Kagame the Cia stooge in Rwanda?

It seems SS is going to be the new Biafra - and please don't come back crying genocide to us in 40years time. Bunch of crazy people, keep planning for your Republic of Niger/Delta which will never see the light of the day. undecided
Re: SS Economic Summit - P. Kagame, R. Giuliani, John Lipsky, Mike Mullen to Attend by Musiwa42: 3:15pm On Apr 04, 2012
Re: SS Economic Summit - P. Kagame, R. Giuliani, John Lipsky, Mike Mullen to Attend by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 04, 2012
Beaf:

This is what is meant by "economic integration" and this is the quality of aspiration for the various regions to strive to. It is cross party, multhi-ethnic and dynamic.
The SS is really raising the bar. cool
for once i will agree with you even though you are an unrepentant apologist!
zonal economic intergration should be top of the agenda on the table of states in nigeria and it shouldn't be just talk but action as well.
Re: SS Economic Summit - P. Kagame, R. Giuliani, John Lipsky, Mike Mullen to Attend by Musiwa42: 3:30pm On Apr 04, 2012
How stupid can you be. this is not an economic summit but political summit.

The trade between edo state and river state in the last 40 years is $0
The trade between delta state and river state in the last 40 years is $0
The trade between Edo state and cross river state in the last 40 years is $0
The trade between edo and akwa ibom state in the last 40 years is $0
The trade between delta state and cross rivers state in the last 40 years is $0
The trade between edo state and bayelsa state in the last 40 years is $0
The trade between delta state and bayelsa state in the last 40 years is $0
The trade between delta state and Akwa ibom state in the last 40 years is $0

In the next 40 years , here is the trade between the state in question

The trade between edo state and river state in the next 40 years would be $0
The trade between delta state and river state in the next 40 years would be $0
The trade between Edo state and cross river state in the next 40 years would be $0
The trade between edo and akwa ibom state in the next 40 years would be $0
The trade between delta state and cross rivers state in the next 40 years would be $0
The trade between edo state and bayelsa state in the next 40 years would be $0
The trade between delta state and bayelsa state in the next 40 years would be $0
The trade between delta state and Akwa ibom state in the next 40 years would be $0

Why, because south south economic zone is not a worth concept

You see, there is what we call mutually exclusive events and independent events. And this state are not mutually exclusive events to each other.

The western Niger concept is a worth concept, it is not possible to have an economic zone in the west that does not include kwara or kogi or delta state. anyone who tell you that is dull person.
Every economical concept for the west have to terminal in kwara state and delta state for the west, and lagos and kogi state in the other direction.

There are concept that is economical possible and some that are not economically possible. Waste of public funds.

It is a show of hate for the igbo people . This is what is wrong. and I am a person that does not support hate. Event happen during the civil war and it is wrong anyone hold it against another.

It is more of fighting a land war between them

but here is a prove, the igbo own the place call port harcourt. and even British document show it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK4xoD2Zm60&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL2F755B403B5738BE

Re: SS Economic Summit - P. Kagame, R. Giuliani, John Lipsky, Mike Mullen to Attend by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 3:43pm On Apr 04, 2012
It is about time if u ask me. Oil will not be lucrative once renewable energy gathers momentum. GEJ needs to make haste and every year of his presidency count, so he will remain an asset and an example of Presidency.

We want action and momentum on our development not more talk. Port-Harcourt is a mess for a regional capital.Tourism in Akwa Ibom and Cross River need to be well thought out and ambitious. Delta State and Bayelsa needs specialized industries. Edo needs to develop as a center for arts, craft and culture. So much to do very little time.

Nigeria should develop jooor, so we can feel safe wen we come home.
Re: SS Economic Summit - P. Kagame, R. Giuliani, John Lipsky, Mike Mullen to Attend by Musiwa42: 3:48pm On Apr 04, 2012
the issue is if he does not want to go with the east, they can be in the west. but they must know there is a river inbetween.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkzCiTQfQ_k
Re: SS Economic Summit - P. Kagame, R. Giuliani, John Lipsky, Mike Mullen to Attend by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 04, 2012
@musiwa
are you on some cheap paw paw leaves?
Re: SS Economic Summit - P. Kagame, R. Giuliani, John Lipsky, Mike Mullen to Attend by Beaf: 4:15pm On Apr 04, 2012
torkaka: @musiwa

Pawpaw leaf is not the problem o! E don graduate from dat one!
He has started sniffing gutter water. embarassed
Re: SS Economic Summit - P. Kagame, R. Giuliani, John Lipsky, Mike Mullen to Attend by Afam4eva(m): 4:50pm On Apr 04, 2012
South-south economic summit sounds rather laughable and Musiwa reallly caught it in his post.

Musiwa,.:
How stupid can you be. this is not an economic summit but political summit.

The trade between edo state and river state in the last 40 years is $0
The trade between delta state and river state in the last 40 years is $0
The trade between Edo state and cross river state in the last 40 years is $0
The trade between edo and akwa ibom state in the last 40 years is $0
The trade between delta state and cross rivers state in the last 40 years is $0
The trade between edo state and bayelsa state in the last 40 years is $0
The trade between delta state and bayelsa state in the last 40 years is $0
The trade between delta state and Akwa ibom state in the last 40 years is $0

In the next 40 years , here is the trade between the state in question

The trade between edo state and river state in the next 40 years would be $0
The trade between delta state and river state in the next 40 years would be $0
The trade between Edo state and cross river state in the next 40 years would be $0
The trade between edo and akwa ibom state in the next 40 years would be $0
The trade between delta state and cross rivers state in the next 40 years would be $0
The trade between edo state and bayelsa state in the next 40 years would be $0
The trade between delta state and bayelsa state in the next 40 years would be $0
The trade between delta state and Akwa ibom state in the next 40 years would be $0

Why, because south south economic zone is not a worth concept

You see, there is what we call mutually exclusive events and independent events. And this state are not mutually exclusive events to each other.

The western Niger concept is a worth concept, it is not possible to have an economic zone in the west that does not include kwara or kogi or delta state. anyone who tell you that is dull person.
Every economical concept for the west have to terminal in kwara state and delta state for the west, and lagos and kogi state in the other direction.

There are concept that is economical possible and some that are not economically possible. Waste of public funds.

It is a show of hate for the igbo people . This is what is wrong. and I am a person that does not support hate. Event happen during the civil war and it is wrong anyone hold it against another.

It is more of fighting a land war between them

but here is a prove, the igbo own the place call port harcourt. and even British document show it.

The eastern part of the south-south should be cooperating with the south-east while the western south-south should look westwards. It's 1diotic that there's something called south-south economic summit even when this people have nothing in between then except for oil.
Re: SS Economic Summit - P. Kagame, R. Giuliani, John Lipsky, Mike Mullen to Attend by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 04, 2012
^^^^ i thought the essence of economic intergration is to activitate trade and other developmental activities where there was non. "make una dey give ceaser wetin belong to ceaser" thumbs up to them!
Re: SS Economic Summit - P. Kagame, R. Giuliani, John Lipsky, Mike Mullen to Attend by Beaf: 5:10pm On Apr 04, 2012
afam4eva: South-south economic summit sounds rather laughable and Musiwa reallly caught it in his post.

The eastern part of the south-south should be cooperating with the south-east while the western south-south should look westwards. It's 1diotic that there's something called south-south economic summit even when this people have nothing in between then except for oil.

You might think divisively, but we are pressing ahead, so its best to live with it. The SS as a whole is in alliance with the SE and it will not be splintered.
As is obvious from the calibre of attendee's, the aspirations of the SS are very high indeed and a beacon for every region to aspire to.

I wonder what in your mind constitutes reason for ethnic groups to look beyond primitive boundaries and unite for their common good? We have both PDP and ACN states involved; there are Annang, Edo, Efik, Esan, Ibibio, Igbo, Ijaw, Isoko, Itsekiri, Urhobo etc etc. That, my friend is the true definition of unity; it is something the nation lacks to its developmental detriment. The SS has unity, so it will grow.
Re: SS Economic Summit - P. Kagame, R. Giuliani, John Lipsky, Mike Mullen to Attend by dayokanu(m): 5:10pm On Apr 04, 2012
torkaka: @musiwa

So you read what Musiwa posts?

You must have so much time on your hands

Musiwa, Can you pls explain to them using maps and satellite pictures?
Re: SS Economic Summit - P. Kagame, R. Giuliani, John Lipsky, Mike Mullen to Attend by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:11pm On Apr 04, 2012
Tinapa failing has nothing to do with the project itself but the planning. It is like a child running before it learns how to crawl. Absolutely nothing ambitious about tinapa. Very poor planning. There are key sectors that needs to be developed before u talk about establishing any kind of resort.

Cross River and Akwa ibom need to decide exactly wat type of tourism they aim to become and to attract. Infrastructure/infrastructure cannot be overemphasized.
Re: SS Economic Summit - P. Kagame, R. Giuliani, John Lipsky, Mike Mullen to Attend by Onlytruth(m): 5:11pm On Apr 04, 2012
afam4eva: South-south economic summit sounds rather laughable and Musiwa reallly caught it in his post.

I am even beginning to think that it is not oil, after all Cross river is not an oil producing state. So, it has to be something else. Well, whatever it is will not survive without Igbo support. cool
Re: SS Economic Summit - P. Kagame, R. Giuliani, John Lipsky, Mike Mullen to Attend by Afam4eva(m): 5:14pm On Apr 04, 2012
Onlytruth:

I am even beginning to think that it is not oil, after all Cross river is not an oil producing state. So, it has to be something else. Well, whatever it is will not survive without Igbo support. cool

The bolded is spot on.
Re: SS Economic Summit - P. Kagame, R. Giuliani, John Lipsky, Mike Mullen to Attend by bittyend(m): 5:18pm On Apr 04, 2012
Onlytruth:

When are you going to start taking my ANBBS medications for your grandiose delusions? lipsrsealed

The only thing SS has in common is the political bs called SS. Bunch of lazy people inviting neo-cons to their bs propaganda, we're watching all your moves. There is no SS or ND - half of that political creation is Yorubaland, period.
Re: SS Economic Summit - P. Kagame, R. Giuliani, John Lipsky, Mike Mullen to Attend by Beaf: 5:21pm On Apr 04, 2012
Onlytruth:

It isn't about oil and of course, we need to be in good terms with our natural allies and neighbours.
Mutual respect and strong alliances are key.
Re: SS Economic Summit - P. Kagame, R. Giuliani, John Lipsky, Mike Mullen to Attend by dayokanu(m): 5:25pm On Apr 04, 2012
Onlytruth:

Onlylies you hae started again. Are you sure about the bolded?
Re: SS Economic Summit - P. Kagame, R. Giuliani, John Lipsky, Mike Mullen to Attend by Onlytruth(m): 5:28pm On Apr 04, 2012
Beaf:

It isn't about oil and of course, we need to be in good terms with our natural allies and neighbours.

Beaf, but seriously, how do you explain the fact that there is no SE/SS economic forum (never mind political forum)? Isn't it self evident that any economic development talks in SS should involve SE because of territorial intertwine(of tribes)?
I have thought about it and all I get is that something is amiss somewhere. I don't know who to blame because I don't have insider information. All I know is that current SS has a huge chunk of Igboland. So whatever happens there must be supported by the Igbo in SE. I don't see it any other way, because I know that Igbo has no ill intents on the rest of SS groups. So, it is no longer safe to assume that things are happening, when nothing may be happening, and I know the end of it would not be good for either zones.
Re: SS Economic Summit - P. Kagame, R. Giuliani, John Lipsky, Mike Mullen to Attend by bittyend(m): 5:30pm On Apr 04, 2012
Beaf:

So, why did you guys invite Rudy Guiliani and Mullen?

Do these people even have money to invest? The only thing these neo-cons can help with are weapons of mass destruction. You and I know this bs is not about integration and investment - but the militarisation of the SS. It's just like inviting John McCain and David Petraeus to a Biafra investment summit or the SW inviting Stanley McChrystal and Hilary Clinton to an Economic summit.

Listen, GEJ is going to cause the downfall of the SS - we can see through him - from the Tompolo contract and then this. We're watching! lipsrsealed
Re: SS Economic Summit - P. Kagame, R. Giuliani, John Lipsky, Mike Mullen to Attend by dayokanu(m): 5:30pm On Apr 04, 2012
Onlytruth:

Beaf, but seriously, how do you explain the fact that there is no SE/SS economic forum (never mind political forum)? Isn't it self evident that any economic development talks in SS should involve SE because of territorial intertwine(of tribes)?
I have thought about it and all I get is that something is amiss somewhere. I don't know who to blame because I don't have insider information. All I know is that current SS has a huge chunk of Igboland. So whatever happens there must be supported by the Igbo in SE. I don't see it any other way, because I know that Igbo has no ill intents on the rest of SS groups. So, it is no longer safe to assume that things are happening, when nothing may be happening, and I know the end of it would not be good for either zones.

This attache by force na wa oooo

Generation of leeches.
Re: SS Economic Summit - P. Kagame, R. Giuliani, John Lipsky, Mike Mullen to Attend by Beaf: 5:31pm On Apr 04, 2012
dayokanu:

Onlylies you hae started again. Are you sure about the bolded?

Cross River does not produce oil, dummy.
If it was about oil, would be just Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom and Delta. Relative to these states, others produce negligibly. It is about deeper things like Onlytruth mentioned.

Now, run along; this space is meant for progress, not vultures and winshes.
Re: SS Economic Summit - P. Kagame, R. Giuliani, John Lipsky, Mike Mullen to Attend by DisGuy: 5:33pm On Apr 04, 2012
chei see free money for these guys!!
Re: SS Economic Summit - P. Kagame, R. Giuliani, John Lipsky, Mike Mullen to Attend by Onlytruth(m): 5:33pm On Apr 04, 2012
dayokanu:

This attache by force na wa oooo

Generation of leeches.

When will you eddiots mind your own region?
You exert influence into the same SS; why do you want to deny us our influence when we have CORE IGBO lands inside SS?
You lot are getting more and more idiotic everyday.
Re: SS Economic Summit - P. Kagame, R. Giuliani, John Lipsky, Mike Mullen to Attend by bittyend(m): 5:36pm On Apr 04, 2012
Onlytruth:

You exert influence into the same SS; why do you want to deny us our influence when we have CORE IGBO lands inside SS?
You lot are getting more and more idiotic by everyday.

It's not about influence, it's about getting a strategic BUFFER ZONE in the so-called SS - in case Nigeria disintegrates - we don't care about their oil.
Re: SS Economic Summit - P. Kagame, R. Giuliani, John Lipsky, Mike Mullen to Attend by dayokanu(m): 5:38pm On Apr 04, 2012
Onlytruth:

You lot are getting more and more idiotic everyday.

Only that we dont beg around to be attached by force to anyone

But this one that you are begging, threatening etc just to have SS attached to you?

What kind of parasite are you by the way
Re: SS Economic Summit - P. Kagame, R. Giuliani, John Lipsky, Mike Mullen to Attend by dayokanu(m): 5:40pm On Apr 04, 2012
The Niger-Delta Region of Nigeria is made up of the following oil producing
states: Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Edo, Imo, Ondo and Rivers.

http://www.peacestudiesjournal.org.uk/dl/iss_16_art_16.pdf
Re: SS Economic Summit - P. Kagame, R. Giuliani, John Lipsky, Mike Mullen to Attend by Demdem(m): 5:41pm On Apr 04, 2012
Beaf:

Cross River does not produce oil, dummy.
If it was about oil, would be just Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom and Delta. Relative to these states, others produce negligibly. It is about deeper things like Onlytruth mentioned.

Now, run along; this space is meant for progress, not vultures and winshes.

bro, u are wrong. cross river is one of the oil producing states. they produce but not as much as the heavy weights like delta, rivers and bayelsa.
Re: SS Economic Summit - P. Kagame, R. Giuliani, John Lipsky, Mike Mullen to Attend by Onlytruth(m): 5:44pm On Apr 04, 2012
dayokanu:

Only that we dont beg around to be attached by force to anyone

But this one that you are begging, threatening etc just to have SS attached to you?

What kind of parasite are you by the way

Duh! The last time I checked, there is NO SINGLE YORUBA TRIBE IN SS? Duh!
Why should you be interested in it?
Ondo is not SS! It may be in the so called "Niger delta", but definitely not in SS.
We have Igbo in SS.
What don't you understand? I tire for dis kain dumbness. undecided

In fact I'm changing your name now to dayogoat! cool
Re: SS Economic Summit - P. Kagame, R. Giuliani, John Lipsky, Mike Mullen to Attend by Beaf: 5:45pm On Apr 04, 2012
Onlytruth:

The SE held their own economic summit in September last year, but they did not invite the SS.
These things are mere regional groupings, I wouldn't read anything into it.

BRACE has been going on since 2009 it isn't something new. Such cooperation as you are thinking would ideally be between the organisers of the two groups. Indeed, there are too many developmental and cultural overlaps between SE/SS for there not to be future cooperation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dino Drags Godswill Orubebe To ICPC Over Corruption Allegation / 8 APC Lawmakers Defect To PDP, SDP In ABEOKUTA / Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.