Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Buhari Calls National Economic Summit – Top Official Reveals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Calls National Economic Summit – Top Official Reveals (18876 Views)

Ibe Kachikwu Shakes Baru At The Nigerian Economic Summit, Earlier Today / Aisha Buhari Calls Fayose A Mad Dog; Nigerians On Twitter React / Buhari Opens The National Economic Council Retreat Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Calls National Economic Summit – Top Official Reveals by ExAngel007(f): 11:08pm On Feb 25, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari convenes an emergency economic conference to address the continuous decline in the Nigerian economy.

The conference is designed to confront the economic challenges and find solutions to the existing problems.

Unconfirmed information is coming from an anonymous top government official who shared it with a group of journalists in Abuja on Thursday, Punch reports.

It was only last week when Nobel Laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka, urged the president to convene an economic conference . He said: “I agree with those who say the economy is bad. It is obvious and it is so bad. I think the Presidency should call an emergency economic conference where experts will be enlightened.

We really need an emergency economic conference, bringing experts together to march the nation forward. I think the economy is not encouraging. Quite frankly, I think most economists will agree with this.”

This is a developing story. Please check back for updates!

https://www.naij.com/744202-buhari-convenes-national-economic-conference.html

1 Like

Re: Buhari Calls National Economic Summit – Top Official Reveals by Nobody: 11:17pm On Feb 25, 2016
i love this man b'coz of one thing it's his swag chai! grin Buh......

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Calls National Economic Summit – Top Official Reveals by divinehand2003(m): 11:23pm On Feb 25, 2016
This is what is termed in our local parlance as, '' WATER DON PASS GARRI", meaning wahala dey ontop Naija economy oooo.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Calls National Economic Summit – Top Official Reveals by mars123(m): 11:24pm On Feb 25, 2016
a president that listens to words of wisdom.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Calls National Economic Summit – Top Official Reveals by DickDastardly(m): 11:26pm On Feb 25, 2016
i also opened a thread on this topic before now. Now thats the way to go! Thank God the rigid one is bending.

https://www.nairaland.com/2947757/dickdastardly-lambasts-blasts-tears-buhari

Now where is that LRNZH cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Calls National Economic Summit – Top Official Reveals by jamesibor: 12:17am On Feb 26, 2016
I hope they have the courage to invite Okonjo Iweala to lecture them.

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Calls National Economic Summit – Top Official Reveals by johnmartus(m): 12:22am On Feb 26, 2016
grin This is another opportuniy for ubah, to tell nigerians how he will make $1 equal to #200 within a month overstatement mischief.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Calls National Economic Summit – Top Official Reveals by LRNZH(m): 2:18am On Feb 26, 2016
DickDastardly:
i also opened a thread on this topic before now. Now thats the way to go! Thank God the rigid one is bending.

https://www.nairaland.com/2947757/dickdastardly-lambasts-blasts-tears-buhari

Now where is that LRNZH cool

Ogbeni bigbastardsonofaprick, grin tongue

This is PMB applying wisdom. It is a good thing to have a firm leader most times. Otherwise the dollar hoarding cabal would have torn the Naira to pieces.
Another example is PMB snatching our moneys from the jaws of GEJ's govt's lions. It takes tenacity to achieve that.

Now, flexibility is a leadership trait as well. PMB has listened and succumbed where good ideas are brought forward by men who carry themselves with respect (think Soyinka etc).

But your article was a wailing one. You insulted the president and yet advise him in the same article. You don't have respect for elders or positions of authority in your hamlet abi? What's the name of your village sef?

Make I no add more.... Enjoy your day o... Odaro...

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Calls National Economic Summit – Top Official Reveals by Tunami(m): 5:33am On Feb 26, 2016
lets wait and see what the impact will be to the common nigerians after the submit.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls National Economic Summit – Top Official Reveals by Bevista: 6:32am On Feb 26, 2016
This is long overdue. The administration is dilly dallying on the economy as if they are overwhelmed. The delay in appointing ministers was a blunder and assembling an Economic Team is a typical example. One of the end results of such sluggishness is the 2016 Budget of Shame.
---
It is sad that the Economy has not been placed on a State of Emergency by the president. He, either, does not understand the scale of the problem or he is undermining it.
---
Meanwhile, an invitation should be extended to Ifeanyi Ubah to join thee economic summit to suggest his ideas in advancing the economy. I hope he doesn't insist to be appointed Chief Consultant on Financial Stability.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Calls National Economic Summit – Top Official Reveals by babdap: 6:39am On Feb 26, 2016
Good development
Re: Buhari Calls National Economic Summit – Top Official Reveals by kuuljay(m): 6:51am On Feb 26, 2016
We shall get there
Re: Buhari Calls National Economic Summit – Top Official Reveals by babyfaceafrica: 6:59am On Feb 26, 2016
Lienus

1 Like

Re: Buhari Calls National Economic Summit – Top Official Reveals by Goke7: 7:13am On Feb 26, 2016
jamesibor:

Okonjo is history, move on with your life, she herself has moved on, OK?

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Calls National Economic Summit – Top Official Reveals by Justiyke4u: 7:13am On Feb 26, 2016
Finally
Re: Buhari Calls National Economic Summit – Top Official Reveals by caselessogbuagu: 7:15am On Feb 26, 2016
Smart president!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls National Economic Summit – Top Official Reveals by ril19(m): 7:18am On Feb 26, 2016
NO buhari. i thought that was not necessary i thought travelling abroad was more important.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls National Economic Summit – Top Official Reveals by jamesibor: 7:25am On Feb 26, 2016
Goke7:

Okonjo is history, move on with your life, she herself has moved on, OK?

£1=N450

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Calls National Economic Summit – Top Official Reveals by Progressive01(m): 7:33am On Feb 26, 2016
jamesibor:
Lecture them on VooDoo economy on wastage??

Lecture them on how to collect loans to pay salaries??

Lecture them on how to sign off monies from the CBN to finance political activities of the party??

Lecture them on how to manage in the time of austerity when she couldn't manage in the time of abundance??

Tell us, what lecture exactly

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Calls National Economic Summit – Top Official Reveals by tuoyoojo(m): 7:34am On Feb 26, 2016
ok

very nice one from the president if u know u cannot solve a problem bring those who can

however my fear is that I hope the recommended would not end in the dust bin as with recommendations

1 Like

Re: Buhari Calls National Economic Summit – Top Official Reveals by RichYoungNigga: 7:46am On Feb 26, 2016
Please, wish me luck.
I'm gonna receive my American citizenship today, i can finally revoke my Nigerian citizenship.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls National Economic Summit – Top Official Reveals by Ebimablog: 7:46am On Feb 26, 2016
At last
Re: Buhari Calls National Economic Summit – Top Official Reveals by Nobody: 7:46am On Feb 26, 2016
It's cool. They shouldn't allow their pride party (APC) to manipulate their mind into doing things the personal way. Let it be a general thought. Hope they invite experts like Okonjo-Iweala, even me

1 Like

Re: Buhari Calls National Economic Summit – Top Official Reveals by Nobody: 7:46am On Feb 26, 2016
So Yinka worked.
Re: Buhari Calls National Economic Summit – Top Official Reveals by hobermener: 7:46am On Feb 26, 2016
T
Re: Buhari Calls National Economic Summit – Top Official Reveals by toboreSPECs: 7:46am On Feb 26, 2016
Long overdue nau
Re: Buhari Calls National Economic Summit – Top Official Reveals by DankemzI(m): 7:46am On Feb 26, 2016
If at all he'll implement the recomendations embarassed

1 Like

Re: Buhari Calls National Economic Summit – Top Official Reveals by EagleScribes: 7:47am On Feb 26, 2016
Nice development

Pls what's the fate of the sovereign national conference outcome by the past administration?
It can't just go down the drain like that!
This country needs it asap!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls National Economic Summit – Top Official Reveals by Sunnycliff(m): 7:47am On Feb 26, 2016
Once a Dullard always a Dullard. A man who decides to marry the first daughter of his age mate deserves an award of foolishness. Had it been there was no public outcry the President Buhari would have added more media members than economic team.

Its just now that he has been pushed to do the needful. God what have we done to deserve this retard and the wickedness cum insensitivity of APC Government to us

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Calls National Economic Summit – Top Official Reveals by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:47am On Feb 26, 2016
long overdue but nevertheless it is a welcome development. Anything to better our economy is fine by me even due I am a proud wailer I must commend the president on this. Nice initiative.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dino Melaye's Supporters Storm Atiku's Kogi Rally, Demand His Release(video) / Deji Adeyanju: Buhari is better than Tinubu, Amaechi, Okorocha, El-Rufai / Donald Duke, Omojuwa, Buhari Evaluate The Chances Of Youth In 2019 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.