Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,097 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? (12017 Views)

Describe GOD In One Word / Higher Everyday — Return And God Will Return / The Fifth Kingdom(of God) In The Bible Prophecy Of The Book "DANIEL 2" Is Islam! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by Image123(m): 11:24am On Apr 08, 2012
logicboy:

This, coming from someone who failed to answer my 2 easy questions? grin
You asked 3 'easy' questions, it further confirms that you lack full comprehension. And you should learn to use words, if your questions are easy, why do you ask?
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 11:42am On Apr 08, 2012
logicboy:

Wow...keep lying.

1) Atheists usually commit suicide? Have you any scientific study to show that atheists are more suicide prone than religious people?
2) Atheism is not a religion
3) What is your religion if you are not an atheist?

I asked 2 questions. Note that number 2 is not a question.
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 11:44am On Apr 08, 2012
Image123:
You asked 3 'easy' questions, it further confirms that you lack full comprehension. And you should learn to use words, if your questions are easy, why do you ask?

What? So we shouldnt ask easy questions? If you notice, people wha have closed minds fail easy questions. You in particular
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by Olisa74(m): 12:05pm On Apr 08, 2012
If God exists, I think he definitely would have made himself more obvious in our everyday lives. In the Bible, everywhere God does something to reveal himself.
According to the Bible God incarnated himself. He created an entire human body named Jesus.
That is not a "clue" -- that is a huge, obvious piece of evidence. It is very hard to "hide" a 170-pound human being who is running around performing miracles on every street corner.
Then you collect the stories of those miracles and publish them in a book. Where is the hiding in that?
It seems strange to me that these days God has chosen to remain hidden and has not made himself obvious in our everyday lives.
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by Image123(m): 12:24pm On Apr 08, 2012
Okay, let me be your parttime english lesson teacher, for free. You're lucky i'm in the spirit of easter, the period when Jesus gave us everything for free.
logicboy:

Wow...keep lying.

1) Atheists usually commit suicide[b]?[/b] Have you any scientific study to show that atheists are more suicide prone than religious people[b]?[/b]
3) What is your religion if you are not an atheist[b]?[/b]
Note the bolded question marks. Question marks are not smileys. They are used for serious/direct purposes.
On your easy questions, i've asked what makes them easy? Do you have an answer to any of these 'easy' questions?
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 2:27pm On Apr 08, 2012
logicboy:

Wow...keep lying.

1) Atheists usually commit suicide? Have you any scientific study to show that atheists are more suicide prone than religious people?
3) What is your religion if you are not an atheist?

I knew that you would grasp at straws with the rhetorical question. You were the one who stated that "atheists usually commit suicide". I repeated it to express confusion at the thought of it- eg "huh, atheists commit suicide"

So let me be your English teacher;

1) Atheists usually commit suicide? <<<< I wasnt asking you a question, it was a rhetorical question based on the historical context of our discussion- I was repeating your statement in question form. It needs no answer

2) Have you any scientific study to show.......<<<< This is a proper question which is easy to answer because it is a "yes or no" question (or closed question) in which you can easily answer "yes" or "no".

3) What is your religion if you are not an atheist? <<<< This is an open question but it is easy because as an adult you should know your belief system the you follow.

Answering the two questions will confirm two things for me;

1) Whether you are a liar- answering "yes" would make you a liar while answering "no" would make you truthful.

2) Whether you believe in God (which is central to this topic)

Admit it, I'm smart grin
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 2:38pm On Apr 08, 2012
Olisa74: If God exists, I think he definitely would have made himself more obvious in our everyday lives. In the Bible, everywhere God does something to reveal himself.
According to the Bible God incarnated himself. He created an entire human body named Jesus.
That is not a "clue" -- that is a huge, obvious piece of evidence. It is very hard to "hide" a 170-pound human being who is running around performing miracles on every street corner.
Then you collect the stories of those miracles and publish them in a book. Where is the hiding in that?
It seems strange to me that these days God has chosen to remain hidden and has not made himself obvious in our everyday lives.

Simple answer; God doesnt exist
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by Image123(m): 4:28pm On Apr 08, 2012
Wow, they're so easy you've even answered them. One more thing teacher, mark them and score them. A rhetorical question is not a question, hmmm. This calls for sober reflections.
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 5:06pm On Apr 08, 2012
Image123: Wow, they're so easy you've even answered them. One more thing teacher, mark them and score them. A rhetorical question is not a question, hmmm. This calls for sober reflections.

Grasping at straws again??

1) "....someone who failed to answer my two easy question" & "I asked 2 questions" <<<<<< A respondent can not answer a rhetorical question nor can a questioner ask a rhetorical question

2) I never said that rhetorical question is not a question. Even if I did, a rhetorical question is not technically a question.
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by Image123(m): 5:35pm On Apr 08, 2012
I'm not drowning here, so quit grasping at whatever. Now you're going technical, you're making a poor lesson teacher.
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 08, 2012
Sumday......all diz peeps dat think i've gone nuts would realize one shuldnt stick to a religion just because he was born into it..

Xtians are one pathetic set of people..
Imagine how much dey would boast if they prayed down computers...
Or did god give atheists wisdom on how to invent these things?

All men are gods...and deres no oda super god!
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 08, 2012
991:

Go do your research, the fastest growing belief in the world is Atheism.

Atheism is not a belief.
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by benodic: 6:18pm On Apr 08, 2012
What most religious people do not know is that the God force which is also the creative force is a neutral force and totally impartial and is always looking for an open channel through which it can flow to manifest things that is for the benefit of mankind like tvs, telephones, aircraft etc.
It does not matter to it whether the channel is an atheist, christian, muslim, pagan, buddhist etc. What matters to it is that you love life and you are open and ready to work for the benefit of life.

Unfortunately most religious people are busy fighting amongst themselves, killing people and raising a lot of negativity that they shut down this creative flow that is within them whereas atheist are open to this creative flow because of their love and concern for humanity and it becomes possible for them to become channels for this inventions.
This explains why things are the way it is.
Thanks
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 08, 2012
benodic: What most religious people do not know is that the God force which is also the creative force is a neutral force and totally impartial and is always looking for an open channel through which it can flow to manifest things that is for the benefit of mankind like tvs, telephones, aircraft etc.
It does not matter to it whether the channel is an atheist, christian, muslim, pagan, buddhist etc. What matters to it is that you love life and you are open and ready to work for the benefit of life.
Unfortunately most religious people are busy fighting amongst themselves, killing people and raising a lot of negativity that they shut down this creative flow that is within them whereas atheist are open to this creative flow because of their love and concern for humanity and it becomes possible for them to become channels for this inventions.
Thanks

Magical thinking in over drive.
Anyway, "atheists" are not monolith, they don't have "love and concern for humanity". They are just individuals who happen not to have beliefs in gods. There is no Kumbaya movement. So an atheist can be a Misanthropewink or someone who "loves humanity".
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 08, 2012
benodic: What most religious people do not know is that the God force which is also the creative force is a neutral force and totally impartial and is always looking for an open channel through which it can flow to manifest things that is for the benefit of mankind like tvs, telephones, aircraft etc.

Thanks

So... After ur god channels dese great inventions thru atheists.. He'll dump dem on d last day??

Pls b mindful of what u say..
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 2:32pm On Apr 09, 2012
God doesnt exist
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by bigsean(m): 3:16pm On Apr 09, 2012
the back and forth between logicboy and Image123 isn't necessary, cos its obvious image123 has made a statement he cant defend, so he has chosen the age long trick of deflecting the discussion by picking on logicboy's use of English. (really pathetic strategy, yet totally understandable)
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by bigsean(m): 3:29pm On Apr 09, 2012
Look i have said this before and i will keep saying it
No one should underestimate the brainwashing power of religion. Religion was designed that way, it has been systematically inundated into humans from birth, its the only way of life they know. And u have to give the religious people a big hand, they are doing a good job in spreading it, (even before internet was available).
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 3:37pm On Apr 09, 2012
big_sean: Look i have said this before and i will keep saying it
No one should underestimate the brainwashing power of religion. Religion was designed that way, it has been systematically inundated into humans from birth, its the only way of life they know. And u have to give the religious people a big hand, they are doing a good job in spreading it, (even before internet was available).

100% agree with u bro
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by Image123(m): 6:04pm On Apr 09, 2012
big_sean: the back and forth between logicboy and Image123 isn't necessary, cos its obvious image123 has made a statement he cant defend, so he has chosen the age long trick of deflecting the discussion by picking on logicboy's use of English. (really pathetic strategy, yet totally understandable)
There's no trick mr. It should be obvious to the sane that i don't feel obliged to answer him, if that's the word to use. Which question dey here BTW?
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 7:53pm On Apr 09, 2012
Image123:
There's no trick mr. It should be obvious to the sane that i don't feel obliged to answer him, if that's the word to use. Which question dey here BTW?

Just give up, you had nothing of substance to contribute. The topic is about atheists and agnostics contributing to science and technology while religious people use the technology at the same time, saying that atheists and agnostics will go to hell
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by Image123(m): 9:31pm On Apr 09, 2012
logicboy:

Just give up, you had nothing of substance to contribute. The topic is about atheists and agnostics contributing to science and technology while religious people use the technology at the same time, saying that atheists and agnostics will go to hell
Your OP shows a myopic low level of reasoning and deserves no rebut. I'd be gobsmacked if your atheist superiors like mazaje, homer and co came up with stuff like this. On another thought, i wouldn't put it past the devil to tamper with them thus sha.
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 10:22pm On Apr 09, 2012
Wow, are you feeling ashamed that the computer that use and is so important in your life is made by people that don't believe in your God, yet you say that they will go to hell?
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by buzugee(m): 10:59pm On Apr 09, 2012
logicboy: Wow, are you feeling ashamed that the computer that use and is so important in your life is made by people that don't believe in your God, yet you say that they will go to hell?
all you loquacious atheists need to be flogged mercilessly with lanyard angry . before you ever set eyes on any white man did you know what the heck atheism was ? now all of a sudden you belligerent vatos are running up and down talking about i am an atheist. i need 5 minutes with one of you atheists and satanists on this site. i shall flog the fear of the messiah back into you again. 40 strokes of cane per atheist grin

1 Like

Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by Nobody: 2:43am On Apr 10, 2012
**quiet***
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 7:04am On Apr 10, 2012
buzugee: all you loquacious atheists need to be flogged mercilessly with lanyard angry . before you ever set eyes on any white man did you know what the heck atheism was ? now all of a sudden you belligerent vatos are running up and down talking about i am an atheist. i need 5 minutes with one of you atheists and satanists on this site. i shall flog the fear of the messiah back into you again. 40 strokes of cane per atheist grin

??

Why not slap me like your daddy Oyedepo does to little girls? grin

1 Like

Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 10, 2012
Go do your research, the fastest growing belief in the world is Atheism.[/quote] This is because a lot of people are beginning to see dat things aren't really like "they" say.though i'm not an athiest,i dont believe god exists in my everyday life cos he never does anything for me,neva answers my prayers,always disappoints me n he's just neva there 4 me! Therefore,i reachd a conclusion dat he doesnt exist in my personal life tho he might exist in other people's.dat's where i stand 4 now.
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 3:13pm On Apr 10, 2012
Beretta92: Go do your research, the fastest growing belief in the world is Atheism. This is because a lot of people are beginning to see dat things aren't really like "they" say.though i'm not an athiest,i dont believe god exists in my everyday life cos he never does anything for me,neva answers my prayers,always disappoints me n he's just neva there 4 me! Therefore,i reachd a conclusion dat he doesnt exist in my personal life tho he might exist in other people's.dat's where i stand 4 now.

I cant fault your decision. It's good that you have given a rational thought about god's existence
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by tpia5: 3:48pm On Apr 10, 2012
the fact that nobody bothered replying the thread, should have worried the op, assuming he had the sense to figure out why.
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by Redman44(m): 4:14pm On Apr 10, 2012
God exists in my life and nobody can change my belief in him. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:16pm On Apr 10, 2012
Atheism is faced with a new challenge from a recently evolved brand of Atheism - known as ... grin Christian-Atheist go figure grin grin
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 10, 2012
991:
The answer is very simple and it goes like this,

'Give a man fish, you feed him for a day,
Teach him how to catch fish, he will feed himself for a life-time
Give him religion, he will starve to death while praying for fish.
_
Dude that's my quote! sadsad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Prophet G.O. Fakeye of C&S Movement Church(ayo Ni) Final Burial Ceremony in Pics / Daystar Christian Centre Donates N10million To UNHCR Nigeria / How Does God Talk to People?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.