Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? (12015 Views)

Describe GOD In One Word / Higher Everyday — Return And God Will Return / The Fifth Kingdom(of God) In The Bible Prophecy Of The Book "DANIEL 2" Is Islam! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 9:11pm On Apr 10, 2012
Idango: Please what happen to an atheist when he dies ? someone should help me.

We atheists don't know. We assume that you just cease to exist
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by freshera: 9:12pm On Apr 10, 2012
logicboy:

1) I dont judge christians.....I use their bible which supports slavery;
Leviticus 25:44
"Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves.

1 Peter 2:18
"Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh."

Titus 2:9
"Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them"

2)God doesnt exist. You ask me why I waste time arguing over something that doesnt exist? The answer is simple; I was almost killed by someone who believed that he was doing God's work. The non-existent God is not the problem, its the people that believe in him. I ty to educate them. Have you ever been stabbed by an extremist?

If you intelligently conduct a good research and ask honest questions humbly, you will understand the bible more. I can't say more than that cos I don't know everything.

It is possible to convert a die-hard bad person with good behaviour. You can't control people's actions but you can control your reaction which is the most important aspect for you(not You, speaking generally).

My religion does not teach people to do evil. Crucify the bad person for his evil heart not his religion. the extremist stabbing, God forbid, I reject it in IJN.
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 9:12pm On Apr 10, 2012
edcode: Where is God in our everyday lives? God is everywhere, performing a balancing act to keep the physical world as we know it. Handling big issues like the weather on earth or trivial issues like initiating the death of a baby. Providing surplus for a few and scarcity for many. Giving men the ideas and ability to produce weapons of mass destruction and also medicine and procedures that extend and make our lives better. You know, all the stuff we see around everyday. Either that or God has lost interest, has fallen asleep or is dead, leaving everything on some bizarre autopilot.

grin grin grin grin

Edcode, epic is thy comment.
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by freshera: 9:15pm On Apr 10, 2012
logicboy:

ARE YOU FORCED TO BUY THE PRODUCTS OF UNBELIEVERS AND ATHEISTS? grin

I don't remember saying anything about being forced.
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 9:16pm On Apr 10, 2012
emmatok:

HA HA you just failed yourselves.

Agnostic,Zen Buddhist are some forms of believes and religion.

And where did you get that crap the Japanese do not believe in God?

The Japanese practice Shinto and Buddhism.

They more temples than you can imagine.

Christianity and Islam are the only religion the believes in GOD.

Zen Bhuddists do not necessarily believe in a God. Epic fail Emmatok 1

Most Japanese do not believe in a god - 70% no religion, 64% no God. Epic fail Emmatok 2

Judaism/Jews believe in God. Epic fail Emmatok 3
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 9:21pm On Apr 10, 2012
freshera: Most of you atheist are looking for attention because God didn't answe your prayers. Some of you I will say are just wimpy.

Most of you have the pride of Lucifer.

Nobody will ever know who created God, christian or not.

So why do the unintelligent pursuit of asking who created Him? It's eternally pointless.

Except you are jealous of His power and mystery and intelligence and creativity and thinking just like Lucifer. You want to know what makes God tick? Okay o.

You say atheists have the pride of lucifer which is very ironic because your God was foolish and arrogant enough to create an Angel (lucifer) that is powerful enough to destroy his relationship with human beings and rebel against him!

Fairytale aside, your god doesnt exist. Tell me, has he talked to you? what accent does he have and does he sound like a woman or man?
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 9:34pm On Apr 10, 2012
freshera:

If you intelligently conduct a good research and ask honest questions humbly, you will understand the bible more. I can't say more than that cos I don't know everything.

It is possible to convert a die-hard bad person with good behaviour. You can't control people's actions but you can control your reaction which is the most important aspect for you(not You, speaking generally).

My religion does not teach people to do evil. Crucify the bad person for his evil heart not his religion. the extremist stabbing, God forbid, I reject it in IJN.

Now you know where I'm coming from grin
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 9:35pm On Apr 10, 2012
freshera:

I don't remember saying anything about being forced.

I dont remember saying anything about buying either
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by crackhouse(m): 9:39pm On Apr 10, 2012
logicboy: For the facebook users, Mark Zuckerberg is an atheist
and u that is an atheist how many have u produce. By the way, who told u they are atheists.
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 9:47pm On Apr 10, 2012
crackhouse: and u that is an atheist how many have u produce. By the way, who told u they are atheists.

Check their wikipedia pages or biographies! wow, how ignorant can someone get?
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by Tinax(f): 10:18pm On Apr 10, 2012
@logicboy,so as an atheists one don't hv to worry abt hell?..the things of God are realy mystery.
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 10:26pm On Apr 10, 2012
Tinax: @logicboy,so as an atheists one don't hv to worry abt hell?..the things of God are realy mystery.

Yes, I dont worry about hell as I believe that it doesnt exist
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by Tinax(f): 10:42pm On Apr 10, 2012
logicboy:

Yes, I dont worry about hell as I believe that it doesnt exist
Seems every thing is bottled up in "believe" does atheism provide a general ethical code of conduct?.because in the bible to kill,steal, lie etc are general accepted sin.
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by Image123(m): 10:48pm On Apr 10, 2012
logicboy:

Did you just ignore all the comments on this thread?
It had to be put on the homepage to help generate traffic, pathetic.
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by bluejeff(m): 10:49pm On Apr 10, 2012
If u dnt believe God exist, fine. If u do, better. At least one gets to find out after death. We all have the freedom to believe whatever we want to.
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by th3h4x0r: 11:04pm On Apr 10, 2012
Funny thread... tongue

1 Like

Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 11:31pm On Apr 10, 2012
Tinax:
Seems every thing is bottled up in "believe" does atheism provide a general ethical code of conduct?.because in the bible to kill,steal, lie etc are general accepted sin.

Common sense. Weighing the pros and cons of your actions.
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by beneli(m): 11:31pm On Apr 10, 2012
It’s not belief – or unbelief – in God that makes humans creative.

Creativity is integral to human nature. That’s what we are: creative . . . intelligent . . . beings. And that’s why our kind is called ‘homo sapiens’.

Man, to a large extent, inhabits a material world. So any worldview that is founded on trying to apprehend better the material world will certainly lead to discoveries in the material realm. Science by its nature is materialistic. It deals with those things that can be seen and measured. So it is only logical that scientific discoveries will be made by those that try to understand the material world they inhabit.

But when you break the essence of material man down to its component parts, you begin to discover that what is left is an intangible essence that is not subject to any known laws of Physics. Indeed break reality down to its most elemental units – break away the subatomic particles, down to the very essence of reality – and you will be left with something that is completely intangible and, by all powers of logic, would not be considered a material essence at all!

Material scientists tell you that they don’t understand what happens when the things that we see and take for granted is stripped away of its material layers. In fact they tell you that things happen at that level that begs the question about the exact nature of reality . . .

The everyday believer does not dissipate himself in trying to understand such scientific jargon. To him when they say that a quanta particle is a ‘chameleon’ or that at the level of intangible particles space and time is meaningless, you could so easily be describing what he already knew of the nature of reality – man is made up of the tangible and the intangible. The tangible is subject to the laws of space and time. The intangible – the spirit realm – is not.

Theistic scientists who understand the true nature of man, while worshiping God ‘in spirit and in truth’, also lend themselves to asking questions about the material essence of man. Perhaps because it’s their job to do so. And there is no evidence that they fair any worse than the atheistic scientists. Both theists and atheists contribute to the vast knowledge and resources accumulating in the physical realm with which intelligent man is conquering the known and the unknown universe. That is the purpose of man - to conquer the physical realm.

So when you ask; ‘where is God in Our everyday life?’, my simple answer to you would be;’ take a look in the mirror’. As long as you are a creative being – an intelligent being – you are moulded in the image of the creative essence. What you then choose to do with that revelation . . . to believe or not to believe . . . is your call!

So @ logicboy, this topic is, quite honestly, illogical . . .
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 11:33pm On Apr 10, 2012
th3_h4x0r: Mr. Atheist what will happen to you after you die?

Nobody knows. Not even you christians.
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 11:39pm On Apr 10, 2012
beneli: It’s not belief – or unbelief – in God that makes humans creative.

So @ logicboy, this topic is, quite honestly, illogical . . .

Who is talking about creativity? Point is that people should realise that saying athiest will burn in hell when using products made by atheists is just laughable!

I couldnt care less about what people believe but christians are a bunch of busy bodies- I have jehovah's witness and mormons disturbing my house on sundays and I have evangelists preaching in buses and market squares. You want me to hear your Jewish god's message? Then listen to my atheistic opinion first!
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by beneli(m): 11:47pm On Apr 10, 2012
logicboy:

Who is talking about creativity? Point is that people should realise that saying athiest will burn in hell when using products made by atheists is just laughable!

I couldnt care less about what people believe but christians are a bunch of busy bodies- I have jehovah's witness and mormons disturbing my house on sundays and I have evangelists preaching in buses and market squares. You want me to hear your Jewish god's message? Then listen to my atheistic opinion first!

@ the bolded, you are!

'The other question is why does religion especially Christianity and Islam contribute less to the solutions of human problems of today in terms of technology, science and better government compared to atheism and agnosticism? (most peaceful countries are less religious)'

The part in itallics was your second question in the original post.

Developments in science, technology etc are products of man's creative genius. So I was indeed responding to you. People coming to your house and telling you that you will burn in hell, when using products made by intelligent man whether atheists or not are NOT true believers!

Religion is only a shadow of the truth. True believers are not religious . . .
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 11:59pm On Apr 10, 2012
beneli:

@ the bolded, you are!

'The other question is why does religion especially Christianity and Islam contribute less to the solutions of human problems of today in terms of technology, science and better government compared to atheism and agnosticism? (most peaceful countries are less religious)'

The part in itallics was your second question in the original post.

Developments in science, technology etc are products of man's creative genius. So I was indeed responding to you. People coming to your house and telling you that you will burn in hell, when using products made by intelligent man whether atheists or not are NOT true believers!

Religion is only a shadow of the truth. True believers are not religious . . .

I can see how you draw your conclusion on creativity from my comment. However, I was specifically talking about the reluctance of christianity and islam to act on issues rather than spread their doctrine.
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by mekaboy(m): 2:12am On Apr 11, 2012
[b] THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION ARE IN THE BIBLE.

Gen 1:22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

WHEN GOD CREATED MAN, HE BLESSED THE HUMAN BEING , WE AND THE GOATS, BIRDS AND LIONS STARTED UP IN THE GARDEN, BUT THE DIFFERENCE IS THE BLESSING. GOD BLESSED MAN EVEN BEFORE THE DEVIL CAME TO DECIEVE EVE AND ADAM, IT IS THE RESULT OF THAT BLESSING THAT MAN IS ABLE TO DISCCOVER AND INVENT ALL THESE STUFF YOUR TALKING ABOUT.

SO WHETHER YOU HINDU , CHRISTIAN OR SATANIST- MAN BY NATURE IS BLESSED BY GOD FROM THE BEGINING , IF GOD DECIDE TO BLESS THE GOAT IN THE BIGINING IT WE WOULD STILL BE IN NAKED AND GOATS WILL BE DISCOVERING ALL THESE THINGS.

NOW , WHEN MAN SINNED, HE DID NOT LOOSE THE BLESSING BUT LOST THE PRESENCE OF GOD AND THE RELATIONSHIP WE HAD, THAT IS WHY CHRIST CAME TO RECONCILE US TO GOD BECAUSE AFTER WE LIVE THE FEW YEARS WE HAVE HERE ON EARTH WE WILL HAVE TO RETURN TO GOD, AND ANSWER FOR OUR TIME ON EARTH.

SO BEING A CHRISTIAN DOES NOT MEAN U WILL BE MORE SUCESSFUL MATERIALLY .

BESIDES ON OF THE SECRETS OF SUCCESS IS IN THE BOOK OF SOLOMON

Pro 10:4 He becometh poor that dealeth with a slack hand: but the hand of the diligent maketh rich.- THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RELIGION.

Pro 22:29 Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.-HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RELIGION

FINALLY, MOST PEOPLE ARE BLINDED BY RELIGION, EVEN JESUS SAID THAT THOSE WHO ARE NOT CHRISTIANS SOMETIMES ARE EVEN WISER THAN THOSE WHO CLAIM TO BE CHRISTIANS -

Luk 16:8 And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light. [/b]
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by Originakalokalo(m): 2:45am On Apr 11, 2012
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by Originakalokalo(m): 2:47am On Apr 11, 2012

dat is to tell you that this world has been occupied by the agents of darkness.they rule the world and control evrytin in it.God almighty should come to our rescue quickly or...................
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by Originakalokalo(m): 2:57am On Apr 11, 2012
logicboy:

You say atheists have the pride of lucifer which is very ironic because your God was foolish and arrogant enough to create an Angel (lucifer) that is powerful enough to destroy his relationship with human beings and rebel against him!

Fairytale aside, your god doesnt exist. Tell me, has he talked to you? what accent does he have and does he sound like a woman or man?

guy,look around you and you will see his handwork.do you believe dat spiritual realm exist?if yes then there are tins beyond the physical,and forces(positive and negative) control it.dreams are good example.i will advise u to take caution.if a God truly exist,and he is as powerful as believe,then his anger towards you is the last tin you will ever wish for.trust me.

1 Like

Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 7:15am On Apr 11, 2012
Originakalokalo:

dat is to tell you that this world has been occupied by the agents of darkness.they rule the world and control evrytin in it.God almighty should come to our rescue quickly or...................

Zuckerberg is an agent of darkness

Dude, you got reasoning issues
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by Nobody: 7:22am On Apr 11, 2012
"The fool has said in his heart there is no God".

"... And the love of many shall wax cold"

Lots of people shall go away from the faith, its end time.

@logicboy, your points were well stated, u win! You could even start a race, you already have followers. But I also have issues against u

1. As an atheist, logicboy what have u invented and in which way have u help solve the problems religion creates in Nigeria?
2. Since when did u become an atheist?

I believe in God, in HIM, I live and move and have my being, you don't have to. We are distinct humans and free to make our own choice.

You don't have to believe in hell or heaven-again, its your choice but unfortunately, no matter how hard you fight that, there'll always be an iota of doubt in your heart for the GOD (that u don't believe) has inputed that in every heart. Trust me, I'm sure you know after death, there's 'something' even if u don't believe in that.

@everybody, arguing that there's God or there's no God make no difference, what matters most is that even you that believe in God, do you fear him? If we fear HIM as we claim, we won't do most of the things we do. Is your life right with God? There're signs everywhere, if you are called to account for your life, can you do it as a good steward? My dear friends, logicboy don't believe in God, you that believe in him, what is the difference, do you serve him as required? Sin is sin! You that serve God and mammoth, watch your ways!

@logicboy, in the next two months, you'll come back to nairaland to talk about GOD!
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 7:34am On Apr 11, 2012
iv4fb: "The fool has said in his heart there is no God".

"... And the love of many shall wax cold"

Lots of people shall go away from the faith, its end time.

@logicboy, your points were well stated, u win! You could even start a race, you already have followers. But I also have issues against u

1. As an atheist, logicboy what have u invented and in which way have u help solve the problems religion creates in Nigeria?
2. Since when did u become an atheist?

1)I contribute to a children's charity and I also help poor relatives in Nigeria go to school
2)Since I saw that the bible loves slavery;
Leviticus 25:44
"Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves.

1 Peter 2:18
"Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh."

Titus 2:9
"Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them"

Furthermore, as a Nigerian, why should I accep a foriegn religion brought to my country with slavery?
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by epizhotletgs: 7:51am On Apr 11, 2012
You might think this is a complicated issue on ground but i assure you its not. The knowledge they use in the production of all the gadgets you talk about isn't theirs even if they don't see it that way. The Lord granted them the knowledge not their mini gods or believes.
Christians have a duty of changing and turning the heart of Man to God, not manufacturing of gadgets that would take mans focus further away from God.
What does it profit a man to gain the whole world and loose his soul? Making Heaven is 100% more important than making history.
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 8:15am On Apr 11, 2012
epizhotletgs: You might think this is a complicated issue on ground but i assure you its not. The knowledge they use in the production of all the gadgets you talk about isn't theirs even if they don't see it that way. The Lord granted them the knowledge not their mini gods or believes.
Christians have a duty of changing and turning the heart of Man to God, not manufacturing of gadgets that would take mans focus further away from God.
What does it profit a man to gain the whole world and loose his soul? Making Heaven is 100% more important than making history.

God also granted them the knowledge of atheism?

1 Like

Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by zinosleek(m): 8:28am On Apr 11, 2012
i think the problem with most religious people is that they are not logical and to blinded, and narrow minded that they stick to the interpretation of their fellow humans called religious leaders. If u can remember that Christians has always believe that the earth was flat and then persecute anyone that says otherwise until it was proven beyond reasonable doubt. this just goes to show that our interpretations of religious issue might be wrong and we are all humans on earth(Man of God or not) and we should be open to learn more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Prophet G.O. Fakeye of C&S Movement Church(ayo Ni) Final Burial Ceremony in Pics / Daystar Christian Centre Donates N10million To UNHCR Nigeria / How Does God Talk to People?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.