Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

Should The Character Of A Family Member Influence Your Marriage Decision! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should The Character Of A Family Member Influence Your Marriage Decision! (5148 Views)

9 Tips For Keeping The Spark Alive In Your Marriage / Celebrating Birthdays For February 29th Born Family Member? / Spirituality In Deciding Your Spouse....is This Applicable To Marriage Decision? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should The Character Of A Family Member Influence Your Marriage Decision! by HighChief4(m): 7:43pm On Apr 09, 2012
lol @ the OP's handle.
Re: Should The Character Of A Family Member Influence Your Marriage Decision! by Tbeiz: 7:46pm On Apr 09, 2012
Well, first of all.I think your wife and wife's family are two different sub-topics under the Heading Marriage.But just as most nairalanders have said; some family's have black sheep. And this is where you need God's wisdom to handle and tolerate them.
So in ur best interest, I would sayLOVE YOUR WIFE,Love or learn to tolerate/handle/pray for her crazy family members.
Re: Should The Character Of A Family Member Influence Your Marriage Decision! by blacklion(m): 5:49am On Apr 10, 2012
queensmith:

Last time i checked, major crimes were not commited within families.[i][/i] And can you vouch for what every single one of your family member is doing at every point in time? For all one knows thier whole family can be made of criminals. I dont see why it should affect the op. He is not the father?

Its a trivial matter for one to grow hypertension about.

You don't live in Nigeria obviously else you'd know that most armed robberies and kidnappings are done with inside info from relatives or employees. A weed smoking in-law who hangs out with local thugs is a likely informant for robbers and kidnappers.
Re: Should The Character Of A Family Member Influence Your Marriage Decision! by dynamite2012: 5:54am On Apr 10, 2012
Most of the replies in this thread have absolutely nothing to do with this man's relationship.

@OP, the most important factor in your decision is the woman you're about to marry. What is the nature of her relationship with her brother? Is the brother financially dependent on her? Is she willing to sever her ties with her brother to protect her future family if need be? Or is she the type to invite over the crook for Sunday dinners and extended stays? If at some point in the future, you decide that you don't want this brother around you, will your life live peacefully with this decision? How close do you live with this brother? Is your future wife wise and strong enough to keep this brother out of your marriage and away from your children?

These are the questions you need to answer well before you marry. I am a bit concerned that your future wife weeps and prays for this brother regularly. I hope you don't end up marrying both of them and before you know it, you're using all your salary for bail-money, the brother is bringing his friends to raid your place every 6mths or your wife is using your hard-earned savings to establish one business after the other for her useless, spend-thrift brother. It happens all the time in African families so don't think this scenario is strange. Just look well before you leap and make sure you have a heart-felt discussion with your girl before you pop the question.
Re: Should The Character Of A Family Member Influence Your Marriage Decision! by solelymade: 11:50am On Apr 10, 2012
Who are dis guyz sayin d OP needs not worry about d his brother-in-law behaviour. A person dat smokes (will definitely corrupt his kids), steals, fights and commits fraud in a country where d police picks and lock up members of d family of d accused if he abscond or jump bail. He is a burden to d entire family.
Ro inu daradara koto se
Re: Should The Character Of A Family Member Influence Your Marriage Decision! by Ivbade: 9:45am On Apr 11, 2012
Absolutely YES!

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Married Man-can't Help But Cheat On His Wife? / Complicated Nanny Issues; Candid Advise Needed Urgently. / For Nigerians Abroad: Will You Send Your Child To A Nigerian Boarding School?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.