Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,740 members, 7,827,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Guaranty Trust Bank Scam Watch Out - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Guaranty Trust Bank Scam Watch Out (2211 Views)

Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? / Guaranty Trust Bank Plc Giving Loans To Small Business Start Ups. / Guaranty Trust Bank New 10-digit Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guaranty Trust Bank Scam Watch Out by Nobody: 2:10am On Nov 05, 2007
I just received an e-mail from someone claiming to be from guaranty trust bank security
and it had a link to a fake guaranty trust bank website see the fake site here
http://www.gtbqlc.com/authorize/ Nigerians be careful
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank Scam Watch Out by Temmie10(m): 11:36am On Nov 05, 2007
I got the same email.
It comes as gtbplc but when you click its gtbqlc.com,
takes you to a look-alike version of gtb online banking website asking you to log-in your details.
Its sad,
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank Scam Watch Out by chrisibu(m): 12:53pm On Nov 05, 2007
Please, can somebody give me the official website of GTB because I'm now confused which is real. Once u login with dat site. It would redirect me to another site dat looks like the real site.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank Scam Watch Out by easimoni(m): 1:31pm On Nov 05, 2007
chris_ibu:

Please, can somebody give me the official website of GTB because I'm now confused which is real. Once u login with that site. It would redirect me to another site that looks like the real site.

If you logged in to the fake website with your GTB user ID and password, the scammers now have your log-in ID and password. Contact he bank immediately to shut-down your on-line access and maybe close down your bank account and open a new one.

If I remember correctly, this is a phishing scam. I entered "419" as both my user ID and password and it "let me in" by re-directing me to the real site. They hope you don't notice the q in the address.

The real website is www.gtbplc.com
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank Scam Watch Out by MT: 6:01pm On Nov 06, 2007
I just rang a particular GTB branch to intimate them of this fraudulent development

Let's all be our brother's keeper
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank Scam Watch Out by chrisibu(m): 8:09pm On Nov 06, 2007
I logged in with a fake username ID and Password. I was redirected to the real site. This must be a very dangerous scam.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank Scam Watch Out by krisbobo(m): 8:30pm On Nov 06, 2007
@ ALL

I just tried the fake GTB site too with MUGU as ID and 419 as password and it took me to the real site! people please beware o, thieves are on the proll!!! cool cool cool
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank Scam Watch Out by cheexy: 8:47pm On Nov 06, 2007
I got the scam mail too and noticed the "q" in the link. I warned all my friends. So many of this kind of mail have been sent to my e-mail. Guys be extra careful
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank Scam Watch Out by afuze: 9:00pm On Nov 06, 2007
pls call me on +2348067857041 or 08059411167 any nite
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank Scam Watch Out by Sweetaura1(f): 9:02pm On Nov 06, 2007
I've been with GTB for over 6yrs and NEVER received a scam mail, but the very day I opened a domiciliary account I got one. I replied the scammer warning him seriously that he's an insider. I also copied GTB. I strongly believe an insider is involved.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank Scam Watch Out by sunboy(m): 12:53pm On Nov 07, 2007
Guy this is called phishing/spamming. , its done to lots of banks abroad, bank of america, just name it,Oyinbo people never see solution tell me how naija go see am,since naija started online banking i never supported it and i would advice people not to get involve only if you know the principles. I believe lots of folks would be victim of that scam page now, my advice is you dont get involve in online banking or if you already involved then you shine your eye for any emails before you login, i dont even believe banks do send emails to veify ur account or so nor any online payment solution is involved. I know lots about it, ask questions and i`ll tell ya everything,u gotta shine your eye well well ,he just start for naija , more still dey come ooooooooooooo grin
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank Scam Watch Out by sunboy(m): 12:58pm On Nov 07, 2007
This is done by hackers or spammers , they are mostly from indonesia,vietnam and other countries like that even naija self. check out this website for more banks scams so you know they are just landing on naija since the online banking don dey rain. But i am very sure this is from Nigerian and a GTB insider to get there cashouts, check out http://www.millersmiles.co.uk/
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank Scam Watch Out by atilla(m): 1:30pm On Nov 07, 2007
When you have Security experts in a company

there should be a way that they can hack into that website and change it so that it doesnt work properly.

I saw the page and its sad sadjust too bad.

(1) (Reply)

Can Any One Tell Me How To Get Nigerian Tax Id Or Ssn / How Do I Get A Liberty Reserve Or Perfect Money? / Please Is This How Jumia Behaves?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.