Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,877 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? (12298 Views)

Which Of The Musical Instruments Do You Love Playing Or Listening To / Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Musicians You Will Love To See / Which Musical Instrument Can You Play? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by BlackBaron: 8:19pm On Jun 01, 2012
Play the drum and used to play the recorder.
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by JeSoul(f): 8:26pm On Jun 01, 2012
I started out as a contemporary guitarist and became good on acoustic , lead and base then i crossed to classical with violin and saxophone now with a strong music sight reading advantage i am learning to become a jazz pianist. All these instruments are self taught too. So i play three type of guitar, violin , saxophone and piano.
Very impressive. People should know it takes a lot of discipline & passion & talent to be able to play multiple instruments.

plantation:
am in Lagos. Wud really appreciate it. Thanks
Guitarlife: ouch! I am away in abeokuta now. I don't how it's gonna be the main thing is giving you a real quality head start and that is almost imposible without physical contact.
Plantation, if you have good access to the internet, check out www.justinguitar.com. I self-taught using mostly his free youtube videos that is specifically designed for beginners. Goodluck!

@topic, used to play the keyboard just okay, but abandoned it for my guitars smiley. I play mostly acoustic, electric on occasion. Mostly doing solo acts, but occasionally team up with a band playing mostly Rhythm guitar, still sharpening my Lead guitar skills. I have couple 6-strings as well as a 12-string guitar.

1 Like

Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by blackboi(m): 8:27pm On Jun 01, 2012
I play the konga (shyly)winkcheesy but
Wuld Love to play Keyboard (Piano!) and Electric Guitar, someday soonwinkcool
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Egbagirl(f): 8:32pm On Jun 01, 2012
Does the tamborine count? Been playing that since forever. But uh for realz though, I play the guitar and piano.

1 Like

Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by freecocoa(f): 8:41pm On Jun 01, 2012
I play the tambourine very well and i started playing it when i was 2.

Yes I'm really talented.cheesy
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Havilah93(m): 8:45pm On Jun 01, 2012
i really should find the time to learn how to play the sax. Its been my favourite musical instrument
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Egbagirl(f): 8:47pm On Jun 01, 2012
freecocoa: I play the tambourine very well and i started playing it when i was 2.

Yes I'm really talented.cheesy

LOL. Me sef. Been playing since I was kid. Infact I'm a pro at it. Lol
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Zi: 8:57pm On Jun 01, 2012
I started learning the piano abt 6months ago. I play now but not professionally though. I am glad I'm learning and its quite fun.
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by oc2fish: 9:00pm On Jun 01, 2012
A friend gave me a guitar a week ago. I am in love with the thing
but wonder who will teach me. please advice me how to teach myself.
I love music but dont know much.
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Egbagirl(f): 9:10pm On Jun 01, 2012
oc2fish: A friend gave me a guitar a week ago. I am in love with the thing
but wonder who will teach me. please advice me how to teach myself.
I love music but dont know much.

There are some really easy and helpful books that you can buy. Guitar for dummies isn't too bad. There's another that I used but I don't remember. I'm sure you can find videos on youtube too. Learn some basic chord first though: C G A etc. I started that way before I took classes. Most importantly practice.

I'm sure others have more helpful tips though.

1 Like

Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Trimia(f): 9:13pm On Jun 01, 2012
I play the violin and the cello. I'm not too cool on the piano tho. Need some more lessons. Learnt how to play in secondary school. Nice
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by kakaG: 9:19pm On Jun 01, 2012
For me my first will always remain the Lead Guitar. Have played with famous Rennard Bunky Mass Choir and in many clubs in the good old days. Looking back at those days I smile knowing when I had the time for full time shows I enjoyed every minute of it. I presently have Guitars everywhere in my bunk including my bathroom.

Also, my group featured in Jos when the then Plantation boiz made their debute in Unijos.

Really love music.

1 Like

Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jun 01, 2012
I started playing the drums set and the bass guitar since the age of 14.

1 Like

Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by ginas: 9:25pm On Jun 01, 2012
play the BASS GUITAR

AND WILL LOVE TO LEARN THE VIOLIN
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by NnamdiN: 9:27pm On Jun 01, 2012
I sell all kinds of Musical instruments grin grin I don't play anyone though grin but I know all their prices off hand so if u need any, just holla at your boy. Uyo peeps only.
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by cowgurl: 9:32pm On Jun 01, 2012
slimyem: i have always loved to play the piano and i tried taking classes some two years ago.
Turned out my teacher was more interested in tapping the asss than actually imparting knowledge so i quit.
I do hope to try again when i have the time!
Lmsao @ teacher tapping ur arse.
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Onegai(f): 9:58pm On Jun 01, 2012
Play the piano, I taught myself, then my love for Classical and Opera made me go pay for lessons. Just bought a violin today, took it to MFM HQ for tuning, can't wait. Eye-balling a Cello.
Dear Ex, who broke up with me as I lost my job, with you no longer demanding all my time, attention and emotions (while giving me nothing),I would never have had the time to fulfill a life-long dream, so THANK YOU grin grin

1 Like

Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by ReLaTE(m): 10:02pm On Jun 01, 2012
piano for me
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Onegai(f): 10:08pm On Jun 01, 2012
Guitarlife: are you sure that? Mmmhhhh, guitar especially acoustic has got this unique allure. Why do you think people like asa, bob marley, wyclef, jason mraz are irrestible? Piano is neither an orchestra instrument (partly classical though) nor is it a full blooded contemporary but we all know where guitar stands. Plus piano is unnecessarily difficult and boring to learn while it provides lttle room for manipulation unlike slap, pop, hammer on obtainable with guitar. I am learn to be a jazz pianist though but it sure look's like an impossible task at the moment.

Nne, you sure about that? My teacher is madt on manipulation on piano, it's classical that locks you in (so many rules). Besides, if you ever try playing Strauss or Kirk Franklin, you will NEVER think piano is boring, those guys use scales and speeds that confuse even good pianists.
Or if you want a workout, without transposing (no cheating now wink ), come and accompany Holy Family Catholic Church Festac's choir, dem dey change key in zero to 20 seconds. Av neva seen such bad singers, and that 8 o' clock choir needs to be lined up against a wall and executed.

1 Like

Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 01, 2012
Guitarlife: I started out as a contemporary guitarist and became good on acoustic , lead and base then i crossed to classical with violin and saxophone now with a strong music sight reading advantage i am learning to become a jazz pianist. All these instruments are self taught too. So i play three type of guitar, violin , saxophone and piano.

exactly my point...d guitar and i also produce
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Claumy2(m): 10:30pm On Jun 01, 2012
I play trumpet. I love playing trumpet. I'm likely to be nominated among those that'll play the valveless trumpet in heaven.

1 Like

Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by zangiff(m): 10:34pm On Jun 01, 2012
my bass guitar.
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by mikron(m): 10:44pm On Jun 01, 2012
i would love to play the lead guitar and keyboards
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by slimyem: 10:47pm On Jun 01, 2012
cowgurl: Lmsao @ teacher tapping ur arse.
o yeah...
He was more interested in me than what i wanted to learn..so i fled!cheesy
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Tingles(m): 10:56pm On Jun 01, 2012
I caress the acoustic guitar *self taught* and I fingerr the bass when there is nobody to make it moan...I don't dance if there is no bass guitar in the music.

1 Like

Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by samsolite(m): 11:14pm On Jun 01, 2012
Onegai: Play the piano, I taught myself, then my love for Classical and Opera made me go pay for lessons. Just bought a violin today, took it to MFM HQ for tuning, can't wait. Eye-balling a Cello. grin grin
Self taught? I've always wanted 2 learn d piano. Actually got started but got stuck. How do I go about it. Are there materials you can recommend?
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Ardedaryor(m): 11:31pm On Jun 01, 2012
i play the classical keyboard wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Onegai(f): 11:31pm On Jun 01, 2012
samsolite:
Self taught? I've always wanted 2 learn d piano. Actually got started but got stuck. How do I go about it. Are there materials you can recommend?

There's decent info online and on youtube, but first, what type of learner are you? I'm very visual so I struggled to teach myself and wasn't disciplined, which is why I enrolled in a school. So figure that out first. Then, next look for a grade 1 keyboard book, because you need to master finger-ing and scales. Also, volunteer yourself to a church, so you get all the practice time in the world and learn. You need practice, all the theory in the world won't help strengthen your fingers and train your ear. Try this page:
http://readsheetmusic.info/basics_of_counting_rhythms.shtml

Train your ear to try and score music i.e, look for songs you like and figure out how they played it. Why don't you post where you are, and see if a NLer is close by to teach you?
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by StellaBella(f): 11:52pm On Jun 01, 2012
I play blokous flute well wink
Just kidding
I m the best drummer ever.
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by straighthome: 12:09am On Jun 02, 2012
i had spent a part of my evening today laying back on the sofa after work reminecing on old dreams and desires....one i could not ignore was my love for music and musical instruments. i have an acoustic guitar and keyboard at home but havent strummed lately. years ago when i worked two shifts one as a musician and the other as a busy business exec i switched the music side off and now ive become cold.... thinking shares, stocks and digging the back stabbing cut throat competition. its so cold i can no longer strum those chords on the guitar and words stream and tears roll down my cheeck lasing the most delicate of chords. ive steadied and become so cold i just stare at the keyboard and wont touch it so my emotion and drive for the business kill does not waiver....well i just poured out my heart...would like to see how i can bring it back...would be glad to learn finger picking technique and bossa with any interested abuja resident. strictly acoustic...bossa. finger picking and folk....
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Nobody: 12:26am On Jun 02, 2012
I play the Tom Tom....would love 2 learn how 2 play a violin
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by DSB(m): 1:11am On Jun 02, 2012
I play the piano. I play only on few easy keys like C, Fm, G.....Na transpose dey save me on the rest. Would love to master the piano and then learn another string instrument -- Bass Guitar being my preference

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

P-square Phone Number / Mtn Project Fame Season 9 Auditions ! / Instrumental: Burna Boy - On A Low

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.