Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,909 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? (12299 Views)

Which Of The Musical Instruments Do You Love Playing Or Listening To / Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Musicians You Will Love To See / Which Musical Instrument Can You Play? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by bacco2000(m): 4:56am On Jun 03, 2012
Guitarlife: I started out as a contemporary guitarist and became good on acoustic , lead and base then i crossed to classical with violin and saxophone now with a strong music sight reading advantage i am learning to become a jazz pianist. All these instruments are self taught too. So i play three type of guitar, violin , saxophone and piano.

I'll love to know you more better.
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by bacco2000(m): 5:07am On Jun 03, 2012
Claumy2: I play trumpet. I love playing trumpet. I'm likely to be nominated among those that'll play the valveless trumpet in heaven.

Is there anything like valveless trumpet? Or beagle
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by bacco2000(m): 5:30am On Jun 03, 2012
I started with the recorder later i play the trumpet.But i just can't get enough strength for that instrument and had to drop it for saxophone.

Saxophone is now my best instrument but i now i have passion for guitar.

Guitar for life,i'll like to hook up with you when i come back to abeokuta for my hnd.
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by 01awelewa(m): 6:58am On Jun 03, 2012
Guitarlife: yeah! Drop your number and location I'll find you.

Yes!Yes!Yes.....Thank God,@Guiter man,u will make my dream come through.......I reside in Abeokuta,Mokola area and my Number is 08067095334....I will b expecting.Thanks,Guiterman will surely solve all my problems!!!I am very greatfull.
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Onegai(f): 7:15am On Jun 03, 2012
sauer:
hi onegai, do you provide lessons in violin or know someone who does? u live in festac or wat?

I live in festac. And there's a decent music school that teaches violin. When you buy your violin, run to MFM HQ to have it tuned, MFM does free lessons but only if you're a member, but I wanna still try my luck there.
And no, don't know about guitar prices, sorry. Try my suggestion for checking prices and buying.
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 03, 2012
bacco2000: I started with the recorder later i play the trumpet.But i just can't get enough strength for that instrument and had to drop it for saxophone.

Saxophone is now my best instrument but i now i have passion for guitar.

Guitar for life,i'll like to hook up with you when i come back to abeokuta for my hnd.
look forward to meeting you too and here is my no 070323035317
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Nobody: 8:27am On Jun 03, 2012
01awelewa:

Yes!Yes!Yes.....Thank God,@Guiter man,u will make my dream come through.......I reside in Abeokuta,Mokola area and my Number is 08067095334....I will b expecting.Thanks,Guiterman will surely solve all my problems!!!I am very greatfull.
I droped my number up there and where is mokola? Or did you misstype?
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Lisa1: 9:22am On Jun 03, 2012
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 03, 2012
Onegai:

I live in festac. And there's a decent music school that teaches violin. When you buy your violin, run to MFM HQ to have it tuned, MFM does free lessons but only if you're a member, but I wanna still try my luck there.
And no, don't know about guitar prices, sorry. Try my suggestion for checking prices and buying.
you haven't answered my qtn about the price of electric violin.
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 03, 2012
Onegai:

onegai, am very serious about this! I really need to learn the violin, and can start as soon as possible. I need to reproduce those classic pieces, damn it! smiley
is this music school MFM HQ, or some other school in Festac? by MFM HQ, do you mean the one located by Unilag's second gate?
Where can I get the violin itself, the one you say is about 12k? Do you have any contact email or phone? Do you also play the violin? pls reply.
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by 01awelewa(m): 1:20pm On Jun 03, 2012
Guitarlife: I droped my number up there and where is mokola? Or did you misstype?

Yeah,i av copied it.......I don't miss type!!I reside around Mokola Abeokuta!!Where did u stay @ guiterman?Thank so much!!
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by bacco2000(m): 4:36pm On Jun 03, 2012
Guitarlife: look forward to meeting you too and here is my no 070323035317

Where in abeokuta do you reside and the number you dropped is more than 11. Seems you've made a mistake there.
Thanks.
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Onegai(f): 4:42pm On Jun 03, 2012
I don't know the price of electic violin. The festac school is TenStrings, it's decent, but you'll need dedication and what willl help is other students. If you're dedicated about music, buy the N30k one, I'll show you where, otherwise, start with N12k one (like I did), if you can master that, then buy a wonderful N50-N250,000 violin. The sound will make you weep.
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 03, 2012
Guitarlife: look forward to meeting you too and here is my no 070323035317
the true no is 07032035317 #corrected
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 03, 2012
Onegai: I don't know the price of electic violin. The festac school is TenStrings, it's decent, but you'll need dedication and what willl help is other students. My email is nry258@hotmail.com. If you're dedicated about music, buy the N30k one, I'll show you where, otherwise, start with N12k one (like I did), if you can master that, then buy a wonderful N50-N250,000 violin. The sound will make you weep.
Thanks, but how do you amplify it. Do you use a pick up cos amplification is a major concern
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 03, 2012
bacco2000:

Where in abeokuta do you reside and the number you dropped is more than 11. Seems you've made a mistake there.
Thanks.
Isabo side. 07032035317
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by beckiey(f): 3:42am On Jun 04, 2012
I play †ђξ piano 4 nw bt I'm faling in luv wif the base guitar...cant wait tu start lessons
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by ocee31(m): 10:49am On Jun 04, 2012
[pre][/pre]
cowgurl: True to d embolden, thanks 2 d internet 4 makin learning much easier n cheaper. Ur handle says it all mister, KIP IT UP!
. I want to learn
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Onegai(f): 12:12pm On Jun 04, 2012
Guitarlife: Thanks, but how do you amplify it. Do you use a pick up cos amplification is a major concern
Haven't reached that level. But the soloists should have them. There's a free concert at Muson Centre today by 2pm, we can all reach there.
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by 01awelewa(m): 3:32pm On Jun 04, 2012
@Bacco2000,isabo,right?I know dat place wella...Don't worry,i'm also looking 4ward to meeting u too!!!I'm gonna give u guy a call wenever am back 4rm Ekiti!Am leaving Abeokuta to Ekiti 2maro...Thanks?
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by rubi96(f): 3:38pm On Jun 04, 2012
lanreSamson: Someone said he is a pro at playing tamborine. Hahahahahahahahahha, when we small we play with tamborine not play tamborine. Tamborine!!!! hahhaahaha. Tamborine wey dem dey take clap for church. Everybody family get copy.
wer ur copy come dey
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by bknight: 6:25am On Jun 07, 2012
straighthome: @bknight...depends on where you are....ive been out of lagos for too long to know where and what again...if you are in abuja you can try the music store at ceddi plaza or call a saxophonist by name dare 08052730797. it might be helpful for you know that there are the soprano, alto, tenor and baritone sax.....the sounds you may be able to decipher thus....kenny g - soprano sax, grover washinghton - alto sax, fela - tenor sax and the baritone sax is more common within an ensemble. goodluck.

Thanks man, one love.
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by nyabingi(m): 10:05pm On Jun 09, 2012
I have been following this thread I must confess that it was quite an eye opener, Right from my childhood days i have always wanted to play one instrument or the other but never gave it a chance, iam motivated to go learn piano cos i intend going into music production!
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Ifystar: 7:42pm On Jun 11, 2012
It's good to find people with like minds here.
Well, as for me, I play the piano & bass guitar...but a real pro on the keys.
And so, I have something for every intending pianist/keyboardist who want to learn how to play the keyboard.
Guess what, its FREE!!!

So, who wants to learn how to play the piano
I can teach you how to play the keyboard with a step by step, easy-to-learn tutorial that I will give you.
I've uploaded it here; if you are interested, get it.
I hope this helps someone!

Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Onegai(f): 8:43am On Jun 17, 2012
So, 2 weeks later, any more updates? I downloaded the Suzuki. It's cool, haven't really used it yet. I HIGHLY recommend playing scales for any instrument, it makes you awesome. And try not to teach yourself, because there's a lot you'll miss (all the downloads and videos and books will never make you as good as a student with a teacher). Make time for a teacher, who will force you to sight-read and correct mistakes you don't know you're making. I've met a guy who plays pop and r n b pieces beautifully on the piano, if anyone's interested in learning stuff other than church music.
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 17, 2012
Onegai: So, 2 weeks later, any more updates? I downloaded the Suzuki. It's cool, haven't really used it yet. I HIGHLY recommend playing scales for any instrument, it makes you awesome. And try not to teach yourself, because there's a lot you'll miss (all the downloads and videos and books will never make you as good as a student with a teacher). Make time for a teacher, who will force you to sight-read and correct mistakes you don't know you're making. I've met a guy who plays pop and r n b pieces beautifully on the piano, if anyone's interested in learning stuff other than church music.
good. You'll notice the first lessons focussed more on strokes then crossing of string's and then some other technical stuffs but, to become that violinist you always dreamed of the secret is schradieck.
I used to do suzuki it is a good stuff too but violin playing is more of technic than recitation and schradieck turns your finger's to machine's trust me.
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Onegai(f): 7:42pm On Jun 17, 2012
Guitarlife: good. You'll notice the first lessons focussed more on strokes then crossing of string's and then some other technical stuffs but, to become that violinist you always dreamed of the secret is schradieck.
I used to do suzuki it is a good stuff too but violin playing is more of technic than recitation and schradieck turns your finger's to machine's trust me.

I wanna do Schradieck. I realised that in finger-ing, I was pounding on my strings, now if I had been learning by myself, I'd have continued. My teacher told me to practise tapping on my arm, and I even figured out how Vibrato works (though I'll wait a bit before developing that). Off to jack my scales. Can you believe, I've learnt tie and slur by watching my teacher show another student once? grin I'm even hearing techniques when I listen to classical pieces. Na God.
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Onegai(f): 5:09pm On Jun 20, 2012
Saxophone prices starting from a student one at N30,000 and a better quality one at N50,000, complete setup. Prices as of this week.
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by Jackelony(m): 1:35pm On Aug 06, 2012
Ifystar: It's good to find people with like minds here.
Well, as for me, I play the piano & bass guitar...but a real pro on the keys.
And so, I have something for every intending pianist/keyboardist who want to learn how to play the keyboard.
Guess what, its FREE!!!

So, who wants to learn how to play the piano
I can teach you how to play the keyboard with a step by step, easy-to-learn tutorial that I will give you.
I've uploaded it here; if you are interested, get it.
I hope this helps someone!

Kindly upload or post the link to the FULL tutorial. What is available on the link you posted does not do justice to your claim
of providing a step-by-step guide to learning to play the piano.
Thanks
Re: Which Musical Instrument(s) Are You Playing Or Would Love To Play? by oyacademy: 7:25am On May 19, 2013
[center]WELCOME TO:
O.Y MUSIC AND DRAMA ACADEMY.

We Are Here To Offer You The Best In Musical And Theatrical Training.

We Can Give Voice To Your Talent, Learn Variety Of Musical Instrument and Vocal Courses In Different Styles Of Music.

MUSIC COURES:
¤ Piano (Jazz,Classical,Rock,..)
¤ Voice
¤ Theory Of Music
¤ Guitar
¤ Flute
¤ Saxophone
¤ Clarinet
¤ Recorder And More
¤ GRADE: PREMILINARY to GRADE EIGHT.
¤ ABRSM GRADED INTERNATIONAL EXAM.

THEATRE ART;
¤ Acting
¤ Scriptwriting
¤ Video Editing
¤ Production
¤ Cinematography
¤ And more.

Our Team Of Dedicated Professional Teachers Have Many Years Experience as Musicians and Performers.

Each Student Would Be Provided With The Relevant Learning Material.

All Ages And Level Are Welcome

Home Training Service Are Also Available.

Whether You Play Already and Want To Improve Your Talent, Then We Would Like You To Join Us

We Also Provide Digital Audio Recording Services: @ O.Y Studios (Lagos, Nigeria)

We Provide Services Such As:
¤ Quality Audio Recording
¤ Beat Production
¤ Radio Jingles
¤ Album Tracks
¤ Voice Overs
¤ Music Composition
¤ Over-Dub Recordings
¤ Video Sound Tracks
¤ Mixing And Mastering in UK

Benefits Includes:
¤ ARTIST PROMOTIONS
¤ FREE ONLINE PROMO
¤ RADIO PLAY (NIGERIA/UK)
¤ DISCOUNT OFF SESSIONS

Our Price is Fair And Affordable !!

¤ We Have A Very Conducive. Environment.
¤ Standby Generator.

VISIT US @:
No. 19 Godwin Enaboje Street, Agric Bus-stop, ikorodu Road. Lagos.

Call:08187467313, 07038997211
Uk:+447944048027.
Twitter: @oyacademy
BBM Pin:2753C9D4
Email: oyacademy@gmail.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/oyacademy

We Look Forward To You Joining Us And Be Part Of Our World Of Excellence.

...Experience The Dynamics Of Arts...

Please Share With Friends And God Bless You All
[/center]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

P-square Phone Number / Mtn Project Fame Season 9 Auditions ! / Instrumental: Burna Boy - On A Low

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.