Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,225 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Pension Scam: FG Promotes Indicted Deputy Director - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pension Scam: FG Promotes Indicted Deputy Director (7268 Views)

Salary Scam: FG To Probe 23,306 Civil Servants, Banks_punch / Salary Scam: FG To Probe 23,306 Civil Servants, Banks / (photo) Meet Uche Mefor, The Deputy Director Of Radio Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pension Scam: FG Promotes Indicted Deputy Director by OYINBOGOJU(m): 6:59am On Apr 10, 2012
Pension scam: FG promotes indicted deputy director

The 32 individuals, including directors and permanent secretaries of the Federal Civil Service, who were arrested by the Pension Reform Task force, for allegedly siphoning several billion of naira from pension fund accounts have been released and allowed to return to their respective offices in the federal ministries.

One of them, a former deputy director of the pension department, had also been promoted as a director, Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources, our correspondent learnt.

The PRT had said that since it commenced the investigation into the pension fund management, it had confiscated cash and assets worth over N159bn from suspects.

The task force comprises the Economic and Financial Crime Commission, Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission, Office of the Accountant General of the Federation, Office of the Auditor General of the Federation and the State Security Service.

The Information and Media Officer, PRT, Mr. Hassan Salihu, confirmed this development to our correspondent on Sunday.

The task force had claimed to have found N600m in one of the personal accounts of the former deputy director, who had just been promoted, while his sister was also found to be operating about 500 illegal pension accounts, in which fake pensioners' money was regularly paid into.

Many members of the National Union of Pensioners have been lamenting their inability to get their stipends, while 'ghost' pensioners have continued to laugh all the way to the bank on monthly basis.

The PRT had said that it found N12bn in the personal account of one of the directors arrested, while some private sector employees who colluded with the civil service pension office to open illegal accounts were also arrested.

The team also arrested seven officials of the Police Pension Office who had also been released on administrative bail. Those arrested in the PPO included a permanent secretary, a retired director and a serving director.

Two executive members of the National Union of Pensioners, Abuja were also arrested for a N2bn pension scam.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/pension-scam-fg-promotes-indicted-deputy-director/
Re: Pension Scam: FG Promotes Indicted Deputy Director by werepeLeri: 7:54am On Apr 10, 2012
source?
Re: Pension Scam: FG Promotes Indicted Deputy Director by jamace(m): 9:24am On Apr 10, 2012
This is naija for you. It is a pity.
Re: Pension Scam: FG Promotes Indicted Deputy Director by Callotti: 11:27am On Apr 10, 2012
. . . . And what next?

1 Like

Re: Pension Scam: FG Promotes Indicted Deputy Director by OAM4J: 11:34am On Apr 10, 2012
... go and steal more carefully undecided

1 Like

Re: Pension Scam: FG Promotes Indicted Deputy Director by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:35am On Apr 10, 2012
i have always known that country to be a joke.

The ruler and her people are nothing but a comedian.
Re: Pension Scam: FG Promotes Indicted Deputy Director by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:37am On Apr 10, 2012
I guess they were promoted as a result of their brave heart to stand against the storm.

Jonathan need brave heart Men and women to excel in his corruption empire.

2 Likes

Re: Pension Scam: FG Promotes Indicted Deputy Director by Okijajuju1(m): 11:41am On Apr 10, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: I guess they were promoted as a result of their brave heart to stand against the storm.

You are a federal mumu!!

Na Jonathan promote am?! Moreover, if the cases against them were thrown out, doesnt that tell you that the case against them wasnt solid?!!

Abeg shattap your Yoruba mouth there!! You douchebags always look for excuses to insult the president!!
Re: Pension Scam: FG Promotes Indicted Deputy Director by kemmeye: 3:17pm On Apr 10, 2012
ewww thats kinda gross
Re: Pension Scam: FG Promotes Indicted Deputy Director by DualCore1: 3:20pm On Apr 10, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: I guess they were promoted as a result of their brave heart to stand against the storm.

Seun add a "Slap" button beside the "Like" button. Make this place fun pls.

1 Like

Re: Pension Scam: FG Promotes Indicted Deputy Director by free2ryhme: 3:22pm On Apr 10, 2012
well the indian film has just began ... lol
Re: Pension Scam: FG Promotes Indicted Deputy Director by Ribaman(m): 3:34pm On Apr 10, 2012
Well, until they are convicted by a court of any offence, these accused remain only "accused" and are entitled to their rights and privileges. Sp quit getting surprised that an accused has been promoted.
By the way, my father is a pensioner. He has his own crazy conspiracy theory undecided, regarding why the government is always asking pensioners to travel up and down for verification
Re: Pension Scam: FG Promotes Indicted Deputy Director by beautifulzerah(f): 3:35pm On Apr 10, 2012
Dem put justice 4 prison, release criminal. Naija!
Re: Pension Scam: FG Promotes Indicted Deputy Director by 1025: 3:41pm On Apr 10, 2012
You are a federal mumu!!

Na Jonathan promote am?! Moreover, if the cases against them were thrown out, doesnt that tell you that the case against them wasnt solid?!!

Abeg shattap your Yoruba mouth there!! You douchebags always look for excuses to insult the president!!

@okija,
if there is any federal mumu around here, it must be u.
whatever this useless jungle turns into today will be attached to jonathan.
why won't the corrupt idiot be promoted when jonathan's wife stole $13m from bayelsa state as the state's first lady, what happened? she was promoted to federal first lady?
i simply can't understand why jonathan is the president of nigeria if our lives and properties are not safe against his oath of office in which he promised to protect our lives and our properties.
instead of doing the right things, he is busy taking bribes from contractors here and there.
jonathan told us about cassava bread, is that what he is eating that he wants us to approve N1B for feeding?
the man has formed more than 1,000 panels to probe corruption since he came on board with nothing to show for it. na only bribe pdp panels dey take.
if u turn to boko haram, his vice is even indicted. in fact, this is the worst govt in the history of man.
have u ever thought of how many ppl have died in nigeria because of security problems since jonathan became president?
it is a shame.

1 Like

Re: Pension Scam: FG Promotes Indicted Deputy Director by AZeD1(m): 3:45pm On Apr 10, 2012
Fresh Air

1 Like

Re: Pension Scam: FG Promotes Indicted Deputy Director by DisGuy: 3:46pm On Apr 10, 2012
this news is obviously false!!

the were promoted before the case went to court whilst the task force was still conducting its probe imo

if these guys dont get jail terms then jonathan should win an award!!
Re: Pension Scam: FG Promotes Indicted Deputy Director by Afam4eva(m): 3:51pm On Apr 10, 2012
Tell me why anyone would not want to be a thief in Nigeria because that's what guarantees one favour and promotion. Our value system is at it's lowest ebb. God save us.
Re: Pension Scam: FG Promotes Indicted Deputy Director by egift(m): 3:51pm On Apr 10, 2012
Fresh Air, my dear.

They just check their bank account statement and discovered that their share of the loot did arrive, as stated. Oya, Case Dismiss.

I want Beaf to come and spin this one and post the picture of him and his babe laughing their head off in the toilet over a bottle of shepe
Re: Pension Scam: FG Promotes Indicted Deputy Director by doctokwus: 3:52pm On Apr 10, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: i have always known that country to be a joke.

Its indeed a huge joke of a people.But its dat rare kind of joke that is annoying bc u just d outcome of d joke;no ingenuity,no finese,u are just bein forced to laff bc u find urself in d theatre wt d most unpolished set of comedians!
Re: Pension Scam: FG Promotes Indicted Deputy Director by yunafa(f): 4:09pm On Apr 10, 2012
clap your hands naija pickins but GOD dey sha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Pension Scam: FG Promotes Indicted Deputy Director by walexbiz(m): 4:16pm On Apr 10, 2012
its better to be a slave in somalia than be a citizen of these country. I work in the public service and we see these sort of thing and when reported to appropriate authority its always swept under the carpet. The solution is a bloody revolution which will wipe out these corrupt element which has plague the country.
Re: Pension Scam: FG Promotes Indicted Deputy Director by Okijajuju1(m): 4:20pm On Apr 10, 2012
1025:

@okija,
if there is any federal mumu around here, it must be u.
whatever this useless jungle turns into today will be attached to jonathan.
why won't the corrupt idiot be promoted when jonathan's wife stole $13m from bayelsa state as the state's first lady, what happened? she was promoted to federal first lady?
i simply can't understand why jonathan is the president of nigeria if our lives and properties are not safe against his oath of office in which he promised to protect our lives and our properties.
instead of doing the right things, he is busy taking bribes from contractors here and there.
jonathan told us about cassava bread, is that what he is eating that he wants us to approve N1B for feeding?
the man has formed more than 1,000 panels to probe corruption since he came on board with nothing to show for it. na only bribe pdp panels dey take.
if u turn to boko haram, his vice is even indicted. in fact, this is the worst govt in the history of man.
have u ever thought of how many ppl have died in nigeria because of security problems since jonathan became president?
it is a shame.

You are a commuinity slowpoke, An international olodo rabata.

Common beer palour political analyst like you. . . .

Can you prove that Jonathans wife stole 13 million United States Dollars from Bayelsa state?! If you can, thank god for Jonathan and the FOI law, feel free to demand any file you please and sue her to court. Its one thing to accuse a person, its another thing to prove it in court. . The law is a female dog. . . Get it "female dog". .

Obasanjo took the same oath of office in 1999 yet he ordered the obliteration of Odi commuinity over the death of 21 Soldiers!! Remember!? He has never been charged nor did he go to jail. . Jonathan promised to protect lives and until you can prove that he isnt doing his Job, then you batter shut the fhuck up!! Bush was the president of america when the worst terrorist attacks in the history of the U.S occured, did that mean he was not protecting American lives?! Abeg drex make Joonathan breath fresh Air Jare.

You do realise that slander is a crime abi!! Do you have evidence of President Jonathan giving or recieving bribes?! Or do you just like to run your mouth off like a female dog. . . I said it again "Female Dog". lol

1Billion Naira for feeding!! I laugh in french. [B]voulez vous coucher avec moi[\B]!!. Please, prior to Jonathans Administration, did you know how much the Presidency's food budget was?! Or the budget for fuel or diesel for their generators and all worth not. . . My friend, let me explain 1billion Naira to you in simple terms. . . It amounts to about 2.7million Naira per day. . Lets estimate that he feeds 250 guests everyday, it anmounts to about 10,000 per person. . . And Im sure he dosent get up to that anmount everyday, but there are days he definitely feed up to 1000 mouths in a day. . If you take these into consideration, you would understand why 1billion isnt overly outrageuos. . But I dont expect somebody that cooks a pot of soup for 15 people with 500 Naira to see reason here.

One of his probes led to the realization of the corruption that was hiding in broad daylight masked as subsidy. . . He decided to kill it by closing that avenue entirely, you and your people went into the streets, protested and shut down his quest which led to the death of the SURE'Programme. . . Now no new refineries are opening. . I bought fuel in two states over the weekend at 120 Naira pump price and it was in broad daylight. . . So who is still losing!! Yes YOU & I. . . The Reps just increased their salaries in these hard economic times to almost 25 million Naira per quarter, I did not hear a pip from Nigerians!! OCCUPY NIGERIA movement were sound asleep. . . But a Contractor builds A CHURCH in the presidents video, you and your bunch get an e'rection and start making noise. . .

The Vice-president indicted?! By a disgruntled senator!! How many people have died?!! Did Jonathan plant the Bombs!!? Was it under Jonathans administration that the ineptitude of our security agencies started?! Na today country spoil?!!!! Or do you think he is JESUS!!

Nwokem, you meds have worn-out. . . Better go see your nearest chemist. . . . . Calling you a factory-fitted mo'ron, would be an insult as you were definitely not factory product!!

3 Likes

Re: Pension Scam: FG Promotes Indicted Deputy Director by sirp2007: 4:23pm On Apr 10, 2012
source pls
Re: Pension Scam: FG Promotes Indicted Deputy Director by OAM4J: 4:25pm On Apr 10, 2012
sir-p2007:
source pls

The source is already added to the story. Punch
Re: Pension Scam: FG Promotes Indicted Deputy Director by GboyegaD(m): 4:28pm On Apr 10, 2012
And yet some people have hope for a better Nigerian when those in whom trust have been placed keep betraying our trust. Promoting those undergoing investigation and some silly ones are saying it is right. Little wonder many people support D.A. Madueke to remain Minister for Petroleum while her industry is being probed thinking she wouldn't influence whatever the outcome is.
One thing I would always hold unto, not only has the government failed us, our educated illiterates are the greatest failure. Our insincerity as individuals is what will destroy our nation in the long run.

Riba_man: Well, until they are convicted by a court of any offence, these accused remain only "accused" and are entitled to their rights and privileges. Sp quit getting surprised that an accused has been promoted.
By the way, my father is a pensioner. He has his own crazy conspiracy theory undecided, regarding why the government is always asking pensioners to travel up and down for verification

Dis Guy: this news is obviously false!!

the were promoted before the case went to court whilst the task force was still conducting its probe imo

The sensible thing to do was to remove their names from the promotion list and wait until the investigation is completed and if they are not quilty they can then be promoted. This is the very bad precedence we set in our nation. A nation where the man who steals a plate of rice is jailed for 2years and the one who loots billions is given a presidential handshake.
Re: Pension Scam: FG Promotes Indicted Deputy Director by andyanders: 4:28pm On Apr 10, 2012
Also NOTE, the so called amount recovered will be again stolen by those who recovered it. We can only hear when money is recovered, but the end result will not be known as it will also be shared.
When you are sent to investigate any corrupt official, you are ONLY promoted to steal and become rich.
Re: Pension Scam: FG Promotes Indicted Deputy Director by maasoap(m): 4:29pm On Apr 10, 2012
Riba_man: Well, until they are convicted by a court of any offence, these accused remain only "accused" and are entitled to their rights and privileges. Sp quit getting surprised that an accused has been promoted.
My man, I really pity you because your "crazy conspiracy theory" really baffle me. We've known in Nigeria for a long time that all pensioners are really suffering whenever it comes to getting their entitlements. And now, we know why it has always been like this and you're still talking rubbish. Must you talk when you know that you didn't have meaningful thing to say? I strongly doubt it that you're a son of a pensioner. Grow up, get serious!
Re: Pension Scam: FG Promotes Indicted Deputy Director by Okijajuju1(m): 4:37pm On Apr 10, 2012
maasoap:
My man, I really pity you because your "crazy conspiracy theory" really baffle me. We've known in Nigeria for a long time that all pensioners are really suffering whenever it comes to getting their entitlements. And now, we know why it has always been like this and you're still talking rubbish. Must you talk when you know that you didn't have meaningful thing to say? I strongly doubt it that you're a son of a pensioner. Grow up, get serious!

Have you seen your JAMB score? You FAILED!!

He didnt even state his conspiracy theory and you are baffled!! So what exactly is baffling you!!

EWU HARAM!!

You finished baffling yourself and wrote some accompaying rubbish to support your idiocy and summarized it by telling the guy to grow up when you have no Idea what you are talking about let alone what he was talking about. . .

Take your own advice and shut the fhuck up if you dont understand a post!! That guy was brilliant in his analysis. . Under the law, an accused person is innocent until proven guilty by the courts and until such a time as their guilt is established under the law, they remain suspects and not criminals!!

I hope I have demystified the guys post!!

Now go purchase your next JAMB form and be sure to understand a question before you answer . . .

ALUSI OKIJA!!

The gods are not to blame cos the gods are wise!
Re: Pension Scam: FG Promotes Indicted Deputy Director by maasoap(m): 4:46pm On Apr 10, 2012
Okija_juju:

You are a federal mumu!!

Yeah my brother, the same way there was no solid evidence against Ibori during his trial under Yar'dua govt, and the court subsequently let him off the hook. Only for him to run away when GEJ assumed mantle of leadership because Yar'dua whose election was bankrolled by Ibori had died. Now tell me, which evidence EFCC failed to present against Ibori in Nigeria that UK prosecutors presented? You people should relax your defensive activation mood of the president. You need to know the difference between criticism and insult.
Re: Pension Scam: FG Promotes Indicted Deputy Director by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:53pm On Apr 10, 2012
Dis Guy: this news is obviously false!!

As if Senators have not won elections from Jail - Like you don't know
Re: Pension Scam: FG Promotes Indicted Deputy Director by mmuoado(m): 4:53pm On Apr 10, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: i have always known that country to be a joke.

Nigeria is comedy and nigerians are comedians
Re: Pension Scam: FG Promotes Indicted Deputy Director by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 10, 2012
afam4eva: Tell me why anyone would not want to be a thief in Nigeria because that's what guarantees one favour and promotion. Our value system is at it's lowest ebb. God save us.
[quote][/quote]

God bless you. Stealing gets rewarded while hardwork get punished. I once proposed a solid business idea to a friend in Abuja and after explaining all we had to do, he burst out into laughter. He asked me why did I want to work this hard to make some money while I can make 10 times more by becoming an Abuja contractor.

And then we wonder why 9ja is not developed. It wouldn't be developed in 20 years. Corruption is the system!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are SE Politicians Silent While Northerners Arm-twist Jonathan? / Makinde Not Southwest PDP Leader - Ondo Chieftains / Debt Servicing: Nigeria Paid $598.59m To World Bank, China In 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.