Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

What Does It Feel Like To Die? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does It Feel Like To Die? (1334 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Was Afraid To Die On Nigeria Airways Flight / Have You Ever "Fallen Under The Anointing?" How Did It Feel? / I Don't Feel Like Going To Church: What's Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Feel Like To Die? by Nobody: 7:28am On Apr 10, 2012
I've always wondered what dying feels like.When I was a kid I just culdnt understand how a person could die.The best answer I got 4rm a frwnd was dat it feels like falling asleep;when u get drowsy n ur eyes get heavy n droopy n ur speech gets slurred.Now I knw nobody here has died b4 cos some folks might consider dis question ridiculous,but we all cant deny dat we wish we knew how death feels.Anybody dat has had an NDE or anything related pls feel free to share.I'd really appreciate ur contributions.Thanks n cheers!
Re: What Does It Feel Like To Die? by werepeLeri: 7:47am On Apr 10, 2012
another daft thread
Re: What Does It Feel Like To Die? by benodic: 12:56pm On Apr 10, 2012
my dear you are already dying every day and yet you are not aware of it.

any time you sleep, your real self, Soul, leaves the physical body and take a temporary trip to the inner planes to cool off. in the morning soul comes back into the body and you wake up. sleep is actually a temporary death.
when the actual death comes it will be the same way, just like you are falling asleep but the difference will be the other side now becomes solid and no longer dream like and of course you are not going to wake up in the physical plane again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does It Feel Like To Die? by staggerman(m): 1:57pm On Apr 10, 2012
Concerning death, most people would rather avoid speaking about it. It's not really a favorite topic. However I can say that I have had what many refer to a near death experience. I have come really close to death but the LORD has delivered me from it.
It happened 9 years ago. I was traveling in a bus with other passengers. 14 passengers, a driver and a conductor meant we were 16 in the vehicle. There was a preacher in the bus, and he led everyone in prayer before he began preaching. About one hour into the journey, one of the rear tires exploded and the vehicle somersaulted several times, killing 12 passengers on the spot. Brain, blood, bones and body tissues were scattered everywhere. Two other survivors were seriously injured. Both had head injuries. One lost his right leg from the knee, the other had a big gash across his jaw. They were still alive and in need of emergency medical attention.
The preacher was in shock, but without visible injuries. I was intact, unhurt. But how come? Was it luck or Divine protection?
Here is what I experienced.
When the tire exploded, the other passengers all screamed instantly. But only four words came from my mouth, "Save Me Oh GOD". It was all I could say. First there was a deep fear that came upon me as I thought I'd never see my family again. I thought it was all over, our bodies will be discovered by other travelers. Then suddenly as quickly as the fear had come, it was gone. I was no longer afraid. I suddenly felt peaceful. I decided I'd keep my eyes open and witness how my spirit will leave my body.
Then everywhere became very dark. It was a thick darkness and I thought I was floating. The earth became visible below me. I could see the earth. I thought "oh how small the earth really is, and how easy we can be snatched away from it".
Then I saw IT. Coming from the distance in the midst of the darkness around me was a very bright shining LIGHT. A type of Light I'd never seen before. It was coming straight at me. Strangely though, the Light didn't illuminate the surrounding darkness, it was only focused at me and coming closer. I suddenly felt I was seeing God. I felt okay, and immediately I began to feel my body rolling. I opened my eyes and I was rolling on the ground. I got up and checked myself. I was completely okay. I was outside the vehicle. I was initially seated in the middle of the bus, but now I was the first outside it.
IT WAS A MIRACLE!!!
God pulled me out.
Before boarding another bus to continue my journey, I had to wait until other travelers stopped at the scene to help the two other survivors and began carrying away the dead. Everyone wanted to know who I was and what Church I belonged to.
But like I always say, "It's not a Church thing, It's a JESUS thing".
Re: What Does It Feel Like To Die? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 10, 2012
go n check ur jamb result.
Re: What Does It Feel Like To Die? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 10, 2012
I dont knw why some folks on NL are so immature.i open a thread,u think it's daft,what do u do? F*ck off!!! Who cares what u think?? Does insulting people make u feel more significant n relevant in life?? I stumbled upon dis same question in a western forum n guys gave their candid opinions without rubbishing d op.so,i thot i should also ask here n see what NLers wud say n i sure knew there'd be responses like dat of werepeleri n 991.....@ benodic,thnks.....@stagger,thnk god 4 ur life n thnk u 4 ur response.
Re: What Does It Feel Like To Die? by Jenwitemi(m): 6:22pm On Apr 10, 2012
I'll let you know when i'm dead.
Beretta92: I've always wondered what dying feels like.When I was a kid I just culdnt understand how a person could die.The best answer I got 4rm a frwnd was dat it feels like falling asleep;when u get drowsy n ur eyes get heavy n droopy n ur speech gets slurred.Now I knw nobody here has died b4 cos some folks might consider dis question ridiculous,but we all cant deny dat we wish we knew how death feels.Anybody dat has had an NDE or anything related pls feel free to share.I'd really appreciate ur contributions.Thanks n cheers!
Re: What Does It Feel Like To Die? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 10, 2012
Staggerman and his storiess..... John Grisyansh incarnate
Re: What Does It Feel Like To Die? by Kay17: 7:31pm On Apr 10, 2012
I believe it would be like sleeping. But staggerman's post was inspiring. Lucky guy!
Re: What Does It Feel Like To Die? by Callotti: 6:49am On Apr 11, 2012
When you die. . .come back and tell the world what it feels like.
Shikena! kiss

(1) (Reply)

How Do Egyptians Feel When Reffered To Metaphorically By Judeo-christians? / Church Tattoos 666 Mark On Members ! / What you dont know about satan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.