Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Why Is It That Our Wives Ask Us To Be Romantic When We Foot All The Bills? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is It That Our Wives Ask Us To Be Romantic When We Foot All The Bills? (1655 Views)

A Man Who Cannot Foot The Bills Of The Home Has Lost His Right To Headship / Should A Working Couple Split The Bills? / Who Pays The Bills (husband Or Wife) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It That Our Wives Ask Us To Be Romantic When We Foot All The Bills? by freshmoney(m): 4:53pm On Apr 11, 2012
smiley
Re: Why Is It That Our Wives Ask Us To Be Romantic When We Foot All The Bills? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 11, 2012
Re: Why Is It That Our Wives Ask Us To Be Romantic When We Foot All The Bills? by feminineA: 7:34pm On Apr 11, 2012
I feel u jare fresh money its not easy. This is the burden placed on man from the time of adam. However I must commend you for wanting and giving the best to your family. from your no time create time. It seems you are in a more flexible environment unlike Nigeria so you work based on time create time for dinner even if its once or twice a month, during work u could send a txt or even call her just to check on her,
On ur way home ask what you should get for her and all. Just keep communication between you two alive and flowing and don't forget to always ask her how she's faring, what's troubling her and the kids
And lastly don't forget to always tell her you love her. Reassure her daily of your love you men know how to coin those words!
Re: Why Is It That Our Wives Ask Us To Be Romantic When We Foot All The Bills? by Daresh(f): 11:40pm On Apr 11, 2012
Buy her a rose, on your way home from work.
Open the door for her, what would it hurt
Show her you love, by the look in your eyes
Send her text messages from work
give spontaneous hugs and kisses just because.
Women love attention and it'll make her love you more.
By the way, sitting at home and watching kids its the hardest job of all. I did it for a year and nearly ran mad. I was so glad to get to work and away from the kids, I was close to committing murder/suicide
Re: Why Is It That Our Wives Ask Us To Be Romantic When We Foot All The Bills? by freshmoney(m): 2:36am On Apr 12, 2012
undecided
Re: Why Is It That Our Wives Ask Us To Be Romantic When We Foot All The Bills? by armyofone(m): 3:17am On Apr 12, 2012
only 4th baby and you are here talking grin. don't forget to use protection after the 4th baby so the greys stop coming plus less workload.
more babies, more work for you. meaning no time to really enjoy life and the money you are working for.
4 eh kwa, you try gan ni o sha.

3 and 1 on the way you don dey already open thread lipsrsealed cry shocked shocked grin

freshmoney: Thanks my dear sisters. I will keep to your advice. I guess I am lacking some here. But, sometimes, I got to think about it, are we men meant to be serving you women? Just wondering cuz women demands are never enough; especially when they are pregnant. Now she's pregnant with the 4th baby. I don't know when I am going to retire from all these menial jobs, may be 60 something,whew smiley I just noticed some little grey here on my head, and I am just over 30 grin
Re: Why Is It That Our Wives Ask Us To Be Romantic When We Foot All The Bills? by Nobody: 6:35am On Apr 12, 2012
4 kids? Why do we Nigerians luv breeding like this? That is one of the major issues we have in this country today. WTF?
Back to topic, u dnt have to spend too much money or have too much time to be romantic. I was once like u bro. Compliments, calls, naughty messages and gifts will do the trick.
Re: Why Is It That Our Wives Ask Us To Be Romantic When We Foot All The Bills? by taryour(f): 6:54am On Apr 12, 2012
armyofone: only 4th baby and you are here talking grin. don't forget to use protection after the 4th baby so the greys stop coming plus less workload.
more babies, more work for you. meaning no time to really enjoy life and the money you are working for.

3 and 1 on the way you don dey already open thread lipsrsealed cry shocked shocked grin

very good one.

@op, o boy u golike dat tin well well ooo,4 pikin already,i advice u set ur wife up so she can assist in meetin up with d family demands snc u will soon b a family of 6 or even 7 sef if she go born twins. Lol. Get her a shop close to ur house so it will less stresfull. God bless ur family n goodluck.
Re: Why Is It That Our Wives Ask Us To Be Romantic When We Foot All The Bills? by Claus(m): 1:21pm On Apr 12, 2012
Bros, I feel you. To be brutally honest, no man (including me) has what it takes to fully satisfy a woman in all departments. The most important thing is for it to be evident that you're trying. There have been some good suggestions of simple things you can do e.g. sweet texts, roses etc. Sometimes when you guys wake up, just add the word "beautiful" to the end of your good morning, it works wonders.

She just wants to know that you think about her often, that is the koko of romance. If I were able to advise your wife, I'd say she too should show appreciation often. My wife would say to me "you're a good man" and it lets me know that all the things I'm doing are not going unnoticed. If there's too much complaining by the woman, a man can get fed up and resentful, especially a man that's really working hard like yourself.
Re: Why Is It That Our Wives Ask Us To Be Romantic When We Foot All The Bills? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 12, 2012
LMAO ooo there are other women actually that work for money and work at home also. And even if you are the one working and paying the bills, it doesn't hurt to be a bit romantic. I absolutely can not stand an unromantic partner. Romance does not mean you going out there, working ur aszz off, coming back home, to eat sleep and maybe make love to her and then come morning then you repeat. Now tell me how the hell is the marriage gonna be fun.

Romance basically means, letting lose, having fun, and being a little bit care free. You have already been given great advice by the ladies above, take it, and work on yourself. Your wife will appreciate it. Like someone said, looking after kids is even much harder and stressful. Surprise your wife like every two months, take her out on a date night, spoil her crazy. Take her away from the house let her breath. Once in a while, cut off work just to be with her. Make breakfast for her, spend the whole day in each other company. Did I hear u say that is stupid? Hell no!!! Being a bit crazy and lost in each other = romance. Whatever you do, try to touch her sensually everyday. Whether that means a light touch on her neck, a sweet kiss before/after work, a tap her her butt, or just grabbing her waist lightly. Try to get into the habit of touching her sensually everyday. And before you look, romance will start falling into place naturally and it will become a part of you.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Our Wives Ask Us To Be Romantic When We Foot All The Bills? by meetmeonline: 4:26pm On Apr 12, 2012
Sex has got everything to do with strength and vitality. No wonder idle people indulge in it often. This is normal and since you may have stopped having children, silently get her into what takes her time or saps her energy and you will do the balancing...regular sex fuels the union in a marriage...but 2ice a week is not too bad for a couple.
Re: Why Is It That Our Wives Ask Us To Be Romantic When We Foot All The Bills? by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 13, 2012
rokiatu: LMAO ooo there are other women actually that work for money and work at home also. And even if you are the one working and paying the bills, it doesn't hurt to be a bit romantic. I absolutely can not stand an unromantic partner. Romance does not mean you going out there, working ur aszz off, coming back home, to eat sleep and maybe make love to her and then come morning then you repeat. Now tell me how the hell is the marriage gonna be fun.

Romance basically means, letting lose, having fun, and being a little bit care free. You have already been given great advice by the ladies above, take it, and work on yourself. Your wife will appreciate it. Like someone said, looking after kids is even much harder and stressful. Surprise your wife like every two months, take her out on a date night, spoil her crazy. Take her away from the house let her breath. Once in a while, cut off work just to be with her. Make breakfast for her, spend the whole day in each other company. Did I hear u say that is stupid? Hell no!!! Being a bit crazy and lost in each other = romance. Whatever you do, try to touch her sensually everyday. Whether that means a light touch on her neck, a sweet kiss before/after work, a tap her her butt, or just grabbing her waist lightly. Try to get into the habit of touching her sensually everyday. And before you look, romance will start falling into place naturally and it will become a part of you.
How manyy women do you know that work from 9am-1am. I hear say you just marry, give it 10years and notice the stark differences between now and then.
Re: Why Is It That Our Wives Ask Us To Be Romantic When We Foot All The Bills? by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 13, 2012
fresh_dude: I hear say you just marry, give it 10years and notice the stark differences between now and then.

Re: Why Is It That Our Wives Ask Us To Be Romantic When We Foot All The Bills? by freshmoney(m): 11:42am On Apr 13, 2012
armyofone: only 4th baby and you are here talking grin. don't forget to use protection after the 4th baby so the greys stop coming plus less workload.

Thank you Madam, I am not complaining. I am working cuz of them. I have that great enjoyment whenever I see my kids and wife after coming back from the long busy day at work. I am always happy whenever I can afford to pay rent, bills,pay children school fees, take my family on shopping spree, put food on the table for the family- from my own view, that is a great enjoyment.

@Rokiatu: Madam, you may not understand how uneasy it is for me; and why I asked that question in the first place. And I understand why most Nigerian women are never satisfied even if a man cuts off his head for them. I love my wife so much, but you took it wrong. Thanks for the advice though.

(1) (Reply)

Driver Kidnaps 3 Children After Picking Them Up From School / My People I Need Help / Yeeeeeiiiii C Wetin Money Cause... !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.