Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,880 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? (12701 Views)

Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? / Where do Atheists go when they die? / Do Atheists Have Hope? What Is Their Purpose In Life? What Keeps Atheists Alive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Blackteeth(m): 1:43am On Apr 15, 2012
mkmyers45: is this your answer to my question?

I asked for specifics so I would know where to take you from.

mkmyers45: and in whose image are you made?

Listen, if genesis said man was created in God's image it doesnt mean man also took an image of God's power and intellect. Man doesnt have such powers as we can clearly see.
I thought you are an unbeliever. Why are you relying on the bible?

2 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by mkmyers45(m): 7:03am On Apr 15, 2012
Blackteeth:
I asked for specifics so I would know where to take you from.

Listen, if genesis said man was created in God's image it doesnt mean man also took an image of God's power and intellect. Man doesnt have such powers as we can clearly see.
I thought you are an unbeliever. Why are you relying on the bible?
Man dosent have power? *face palm*..Look chump are you trying to avoid answers? ok. 1. Does the creation make more sense than the evolution theory? 2. what does it mean for something to be patterned by your image and likeness. how do you want people to know God? Through satans bible?
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Blackteeth(m): 10:42am On Apr 15, 2012
mkmyers45: Man dosent have power? *face palm*..Look chump are you trying to avoid answers? ok. 1. Does the creation make more sense than the evolution theory? 2. what does it mean for something to be patterned by your image and likeness. how do you want people to know God? Through satans bible?

You repeated same questions and let me explain again. If man has supernatural powers same with God why can't he stop himself from dying? Why can't he create a human being from scratch? Why can't he control the forces of nature and save himself from being a victim of natural disasters?
Secondly, YES the creation story makes more sense because the level of organization shows an intelligent force is behind it. Though I dont believe it happened the way genesis described it. God may have still created things through evolution which you uphold.
Now are you saying God and man are equal simply because genesis said he was created in Gods image? Is that what you mean?
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by mkmyers45(m): 11:13am On Apr 15, 2012
Blackteeth:
You repeated same questions and let me explain again. If man has supernatural powers same with God why can't he stop himself from dying? Why can't he create a human being from scratch? Why can't he control the forces of nature and save himself from being a victim of natural disasters?
Secondly, YES the creation story makes more sense because the level of organization shows an intelligent force is behind it. Though I dont believe it happened the way genesis described it. God may have still created things through evolution which you uphold.
Now are you saying God and man are equal simply because genesis said he was created in Gods image? Is that what you mean?
then how did it happen since you dont believe the bible..
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Blackteeth(m): 1:00pm On Apr 15, 2012
mkmyers45: then how did it happen since you dont believe the bible..

I don't know how it happened cos I wasn't a witness. But what I do know is that there is more powerfull and intelligent force who put all things in place in a fastatic way. Asking where this force came from and why we don't see it wasn't meant for us to understand yet. Even if evolution is true, it must have a driving force and a supervisor steering its direction. It can't be by blind chance that I have eyes to see, teeth to chew, ears to analyse sound.
Now what is your problem with Gods existence?
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by mkmyers45(m): 4:55pm On Apr 15, 2012
Blackteeth:
I don't know how it happened cos I wasn't a witness. But what I do know is that there is more powerfull and intelligent force who put all things in place in a fastatic way. Asking where this force came from and why we don't see it wasn't meant for us to understand yet. Even if evolution is true, it must have a driving force and a supervisor steering its direction. It can't be by blind chance that I have eyes to see, teeth to chew, ears to analyse sound.
Now what is your problem with Gods existence?
Hmmm so its no longer about a xtain god but a force? mother nature?
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Dsage1: 5:57pm On Apr 15, 2012
@Blackteeth,dont mind them,those are the questions they usually avoided in every threads .Some of them awknowledged the existence of force/spirit but denied God,they are just a confused being.

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by ea7(m): 6:08pm On Apr 15, 2012
D sage: @Blackteeth,dont mind them,those are the questions they usually avoided in every threads .Some of them awknowledged the existence of force/spirit but denied God,they are just a confused being.
they are a? Get an english teacher fast, ae you sure you aren't one of those jamb fails.
@op i have myopia and asthma. Many children are born with downsyndrome and sickle cell. And yet you say intelligent design. Screw you and the designer then!!!
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Heathen(m): 6:21pm On Apr 15, 2012
what intelligent design? You mean intelligent design like the appendix? Like pathogens? Cancer? Malaria?
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Kay17: 6:47pm On Apr 15, 2012
If one is to build a house or a car, one MUST take into consideration and conform to physical laws of the universe for it to stand, ie gravity, laws of motion etc. Just the same way a pile of sand is a better design than a skyscraper with five minutes to stand.

The Universe: being everything that exists; serves as the platform in which everything makes sense, which demands the necessary design of all objects, in order words, for objects to survive they must conform to these laws. Rationality and order both are the result of these background laws and why Science can work.

On the question on the cause of everything. In the absence of everything will be nothing. Nothing in its nature is barren and to expect everything or anything to aruse from will imply a contradiction. It like pulling a rabbit from an empty hat. As a result, everything must exist either in actuality or potential. The materials that make up the universe: namely matter had always existed in its simplest form.

In my view, for any form to exist in this universe, it must "work". Failed designs crumble.
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by mkmyers45(m): 7:01pm On Apr 15, 2012
D sage: @Blackteeth,dont mind them,those are the questions they usually avoided in every threads .Some of them awknowledged the existence of force/spirit but denied God,they are just a confused being.
which of them? Show evidence
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Blackteeth(m): 8:18pm On Apr 15, 2012
mkmyers45: Hmmm so its no longer about a xtain god but a force? mother nature?

Yes its better I put it that way cos the God worshiped by christians or muslims may have been portrayed in a wrong way. But by saying "intelligent force" I mean a God that humans know nothing about and not given whatsoever false descriptions.
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Blackteeth(m): 8:26pm On Apr 15, 2012
ea7: they are a? Get an english teacher fast, ae you sure you aren't one of those jamb fails.
@op i have myopia and asthma. Many children are born with downsyndrome and sickle cell. And yet you say intelligent design. Screw you and the designer then!!!

Are you saying that if you see a single building without a roof, it means that humans don't construct buildings Do you make sense at all? Its better saying there is a God who didnt make all things perfectly than saying there is no God at all.

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by mkmyers45(m): 8:32pm On Apr 15, 2012
Blackteeth:

Yes its better I put it that way cos the God worshiped by christians or muslims may have been portrayed in a wrong way. But by saying "intelligent force" I mean a God that humans know nothing about and not given whatsoever false descriptions.
La Vèsté how then can you describe and proof this god?
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Blackteeth(m): 8:53pm On Apr 15, 2012
Kay 17: If one is to build a house or a car, one MUST take into consideration and conform to physical laws of the universe for it to stand, ie gravity, laws of motion etc. Just the same way a pile of sand is a better design than a skyscraper with five minutes to stand.

The Universe: being everything that exists; serves as the platform in which everything makes sense, which demands the necessary design of all objects, in order words, for objects to survive they must conform to these laws. Rationality and order both are the result of these background laws and why Science can work.

On the question on the cause of everything. In the absence of everything will be nothing. Nothing in its nature is barren and to expect everything or anything to aruse from will imply a contradiction. It like pulling a rabbit from an empty hat. As a result, everything must exist either in actuality or potential. The materials that make up the universe: namely matter had always existed in its simplest form.

In my view, for any form to exist in this universe, it must "work". Failed designs crumble.

For a human to exist, each unit must work together with the entire system to produce a human. Each unit cant stand alone. Are you saying that the more than 1000 units of the human system just started working together by chance without any force directing and mobilizing them to produce a specific end product?

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Blackteeth(m): 9:12pm On Apr 15, 2012
mkmyers45: La Vèsté how then can you describe and proof this god?

This God is not in the same level with humans. We humans have an inferior intellect compared with God. Humans are not the masters of the universe. The earlier you realize this the better. Humans cannot explain many things we see, so how do you expect humans to describe an unseen spirit force? The clue God left for us is the intelligence behind creation.
You dont have to see God before before knowing his powers exist.
Let me give you an illustration, what if you try to exit a door and the door closes and shuts itself? Then you tried exiting through the window and the window shuts itself. You tried making a call and your phone switches off. You tried to scream and your lips sealed off. Wouldnt you conclude that an unseen intelligent force is behind it? But you never saw it.
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Dsage1: 9:24pm On Apr 15, 2012
ea7: they are a? Get an english teacher fast, ae you sure you aren't one of those jamb fails.

Shut up,why not be teacher,cant you reason/think at all before posting.I was typing fast and at the same time posted on multiple threads.It was jst a typing error ok,face the reality of life abeg.
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by snthesis(m): 9:32pm On Apr 15, 2012
@OP
you will never get a definite answer, at best they would throw the question back at you and ask for your reasons in believing the existence of an intelligent creator, next step is to for you to proof He exists, afterwhich you have to answer Who made the Intelligent Creator and so on and so forth>>> but the actual poser you asked will never be answered straightforward. and the reason is obvious atheist have no answers.

and in all this, you wonder why the Creator lets these atheist to exist, inspite of the way they mock His name and they dont get struckdown by Fire and Brimstone immediately. i got this Wonderful revelation, which is in relation to a question most atheist often ask the purpose of their existence? and the reason is clear to me, God allows atheist to live in other to test and strenghten the faith of the true believers, He wants a people that truly know Him (personally and not because they were forced to believe- He aint looking for pretenders), so how do you know, that you know Him?,- easy peasy, by passing the first test - atheism.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by LogicMind: 9:53pm On Apr 15, 2012
snthesis: @OP
you will never get a definite answer, at best they would throw the question back at you and ask for your reasons in believing the existence of an intelligent creator, next step is to for you to proof He exists, afterwhich you have to answer Who made the Intelligent Creator and so on and so forth>>> but the actual poser you asked will never be answered straightforward. and the reason is obvious atheist have no answers.

lol

and you have answers?

double lol.

you have the worst pro religion argument on this forum i wonder if you are not playing a game.
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by ea7(m): 10:10pm On Apr 15, 2012
Blackteeth:

Are you saying that if you see a single building without a roof, it means that humans don't construct buildings Do you make sense at all? Its better saying there is a God who didnt make all things perfectly than saying there is no God at all.
a perfect god can make imperfect objects. Lol. Also, christians hold that there is a soul, and adam ande eve sinned and spread their sin nature to human kind.
God makes the soul. So how does this supposed nature spread. Does god hmself put the nature in the souls, if so why is it humanity's fault for sinning, if not then who?.
Besides, no one held a gun to yahwh or any of the other jewish gods (yes yahweh and elohim were separate originally) and said make more humans. The original sin doctrine popped into existence around paul's time.
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Blackteeth(m): 12:30am On Apr 16, 2012
ea7: a perfect god can make imperfect objects. Lol. Also, christians hold that there is a soul, and adam ande eve sinned and spread their sin nature to human kind.
God makes the soul. So how does this supposed nature spread. Does god hmself put the nature in the souls, if so why is it humanity's fault for sinning, if not then who?.
Besides, no one held a gun to yahwh or any of the other jewish gods (yes yahweh and elohim were separate originally) and said make more humans. The original sin doctrine popped into existence around paul's time.

Now I can see the problem you have. And that is exactly what has blocked your mind to recognize the existence of a supernatural being.
Your problem is you have shaped your ideology based solely on what the bible and christians say. You dont think from a fresh perspective. Now let me tell you bro, am not a christian or muslim and I dont consider whatever is written in the bible as I think about God's existence.
What is the proof that God is an imperfect God? There is none yet. And what is the proof about adam and eve transfering their sinful nature to the rest of humans? There is none yet. Please stop considering what christians say and think out of the box. You will do better to understand God's existence. I dont believe what the christians say to describe God, BUT AM SURE THERE IS A CREATOR.
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by ea7(m): 12:46am On Apr 16, 2012
then does it matter if god exists or not?
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Kay17: 6:36am On Apr 16, 2012
Blackteeth:

For a human to exist, each unit must work together with the entire system to produce a human. Each unit cant stand alone. Are you saying that the more than 1000 units of the human system just started working together by chance without any force directing and mobilizing them to produce a specific end product?
The Universe's laws guide such transformation of simplicity to grand complexities. For example, take a handful of sand and spill it into a bowl of water. With time u find the particles had settled and order.

The Sun, stars, galaxies, snowflakes are very complex bodies crafted by Nature
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Kay17: 6:40am On Apr 16, 2012
snthesis: @OP

and in all this, you wonder why the Creator lets these atheist to exist, inspite of the way they mock His name and they dont get struckdown by Fire and Brimstone immediately. i got this Wonderful revelation, which is in relation to a question most atheist often ask the purpose of their existence? and the reason is clear to me, God allows atheist to live in other to test and strenghten the faith of the true believers, He wants a people that truly know Him (personally and not because they were forced to believe- He aint looking for pretenders), so how do you know, that you know Him?,- easy peasy, by passing the first test - atheism.
Aint you mocking your God's powers? What you said ought to be heresy. IF God already has knowledge on all future events and actions with the results, and knows the thought of every man, why would he test ppl? For what end?
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by mkmyers45(m): 6:51am On Apr 16, 2012
Blackteeth:

Now I can see the problem you have. And that is exactly what has blocked your mind to recognize the existence of a supernatural being.
Your problem is you have shaped your ideology based solely on what the bible and christians say. You dont think from a fresh perspective. Now let me tell you bro, am not a christian or muslim and I dont consider whatever is written in the bible as I think about God's existence.
What is the proof that God is an imperfect God? There is none yet. And what is the proof about adam and eve transfering their sinful nature to the rest of humans? There is none yet. Please stop considering what christians say and think out of the box. You will do better to understand God's existence. I dont believe what the christians say to describe God, BUT AM SURE THERE IS A CREATOR.
You are going to hell then #BonVOYAGE cool
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Kay17: 11:06am On Apr 16, 2012
Blackteeth:

say to describe God, BUT AM SURE THERE IS A CREATOR.
BUT if God is supernatural, then the Universe will likewise be, since it would be a part of God. As a result we would have an irrational world, since we don't have that, then there was no supernatural creator.
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Blackteeth(m): 12:53pm On Apr 16, 2012
Kay 17:
The Universe's laws guide such transformation of simplicity to grand complexities. For example, take a handful of sand and spill it into a bowl of water. With time u find the particles had settled and order.

The Sun, stars, galaxies, snowflakes are very complex bodies crafted by Nature

Ok. Now tell me why nature isnt crafting out new humans like it did before. Last time I checked, all humans are coming out from the womb. Tell why we are not witnessing any current nature crafting taking place.
Lol. Am enjoying this mehn.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Blackteeth(m): 12:55pm On Apr 16, 2012
ea7: then does it matter if god exists or not?
lol. I see you are out of ammunition. Why not accept God exists?
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Blackteeth(m): 12:59pm On Apr 16, 2012
mkmyers45: You are going to hell then #BonVOYAGE cool
Is that all you can say? I guess you have lost the case.
A GOD OF THE UNIVERSE EXISTS AND NOT A GOD OF THE CHRISTIANS OR BIBLE.
Get this to your head.
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Blackteeth(m): 1:04pm On Apr 16, 2012
Kay 17:
Aint you mocking your God's powers? What you said ought to be heresy. IF God already has knowledge on all future events and actions with the results, and knows the thought of every man, why would he test ppl? For what end?
Here we go again. Thats why I adviced your colleage to forget what christians or the bible says about God and think from a different angle. You will understand better. Christians and moslems are giving God a false description without knowing it. The real God isn't known yet.
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by logicboy: 1:11pm On Apr 16, 2012
Intelligent design has been debunked

1) Adaptation. If we were intelligently designed to live in this world, why do human beings and every other animal need to adapt to their environment? 70% of the world is water in which we can not live in. We live in a world destined to kill us. Every day, our immune system fights off germs and bacteria but it continually fails us periodically when we get sick. When a car is built, is it not designed to withstand it's environment? Right from birth we fail at withstanding our environment. We are vulnerable as babies. Without our parents putting us in a clean environment, we are as good as dead.

2)Many things happen by chance. The first idea for a car or motion could have been a rolling boulder or stone from a mountain. What about fulgurite (glass made naturally from lightening and sand)? For glass to be made out of sand and lightening, there has to be a lot of conditions present and yet, there was no intelligent designer. What about caves? An earthquake could create a cave that could be used as shelter and yet no intelligent designer. The world is random and random variables can create a beautiful thing.
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by rastamouse: 1:23pm On Apr 16, 2012
Atheist can only come up with dumb explanation on this thread. They have no sensible explanation to offer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet / What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? / Is It Idolatry To Use Pastors' Pictures On Church Banners?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.