Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,833 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? (12700 Views)

Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? / Where do Atheists go when they die? / Do Atheists Have Hope? What Is Their Purpose In Life? What Keeps Atheists Alive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by logicboy: 1:28pm On Apr 16, 2012
rastamouse: Atheist can only come up with dumb explanation on this thread. They have no sensible explanation to offer.

Did you just come here with a blocked mind
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 16, 2012
Blackteeth:
This God is not in the same level with humans. We humans have an inferior intellect compared with God. Humans are not the masters of the universe. The earlier you realize this the better. Humans cannot explain many things we see, so how do you expect humans to describe an unseen spirit force? The clue God left for us is the intelligence behind creation.

What is an unseen spirit force? What is a God?

Blackteeth:
You dont have to see God before before knowing his powers exist.

His? How did you know the gender of this God thing?

Blackteeth:
Let me give you an illustration, what if you try to exit a door and the door closes and shuts itself? Then you tried exiting through the window and the window shuts itself.

Maybe it's the wind. Maybe it's the spring mechanism.

Blackteeth:
You tried making a call and your phone switches off.

Maybe your battery died. Maybe the your phone's software malfunctioned. Maybe your phone is too old and needs a replacement!!

Blackteeth:
You tried to scream and your lips sealed off.

Maybe you are having a stroke.

Blackteeth:
Wouldnt you conclude that an unseen intelligent force is behind it? But you never saw it.

What is an "unseen intelligent force"? Is it the same as an "unseen spirit force"? Either way, I don't have any idea what these unseen unknowns are.
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by ea7(m): 1:46pm On Apr 16, 2012
rastamouse: Atheist can only come up with dumb explanation on this thread. They have no sensible explanation to offer.
pot calling kettle black. You are a fool.
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by begwong: 1:47pm On Apr 16, 2012
Goshen360:

It's not by force o but Atheists should just STOP mocking our God. We are not forcing them to believe in God since they have chosen not to but they should also leave us to what we believe in.

Thank you.
GBAM!

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Apr 16, 2012
Blackteeth:
Now I can see the problem you have. And that is exactly what has blocked your mind to recognize the existence of a supernatural being.
Your problem is you have shaped your ideology based solely on what the bible and christians say. You dont think from a fresh perspective. Now let me tell you bro, am not a christian or muslim and I dont consider whatever is written in the bible as I think about God's existence.

How nice.

Blackteeth:
What is the proof that God is an imperfect God? There is none yet..

What is a God and why would it be perfect or imperfect?

Blackteeth:
And what is the proof about adam and eve transfering their sinful nature to the rest of humans? .

What's a sinful nature? And what's up with the adam and eve thing, i thought christianity had nothing to do with it.

Blackteeth:
You will do better to understand God's existence. I dont believe what the christians say to describe God, BUT AM SURE THERE IS A CREATOR.

Why a Creator. What about a Joint Venture consisting of four creators?
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by KINGwax(m): 1:52pm On Apr 16, 2012
Callotti: Make una nor quench because of atheists o! cheesy
Satan is winning more converts than GOD or ALLAH!
I looooooove it! cool
well, were u saying something there? Seriously, it's a fact
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by ramalot(m): 1:53pm On Apr 16, 2012
It's not a perfect universe
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 16, 2012
The worst set of folks that shouldn't be on planet earth are atheists!!
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by ramalot(m): 1:56pm On Apr 16, 2012
Only that
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by lwise(m): 2:07pm On Apr 16, 2012
If you are trying to find out the existence of God,you are just wasting your time.The world is advancing on daily basis and people are getting more fact about there enviroment.Man has been able to utilise the resources around him to create a lot things for his own use.The world in 1000yrs back is not as advance as what we have now.In the next 1000yrs the world will be more advance than what we have now.Since man has been in existence nothing has happened by chance,its either we met them as resources or created by man.If the story of evolution is true,something new should have evolved since the day man is able to document.If you see anything new,its only new because it has not been discovered.Just stop disturbing yourself,it is NOT possible for a human being to exist by CHANCE,if you think it is,that means you dont know how complex the human body is but you can ask a doctor for an answer.ALMIGHTY GOD,THE BEST DESIGNER,THE BEST SCIENTIST...

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by logicboy: 2:08pm On Apr 16, 2012
Ranks007: The worst set of folks that shouldn't be on planet earth are atheists!!

All the dead bodies caused by christians/muslims says different
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by KINGwax(m): 2:09pm On Apr 16, 2012
ramalot:

Kindly give 1 reason without the word god in it.
it's simple, because they're fuckin confused set of beings that are psychological deranged. Tehr arguments reeks of jst d fact to proud they're more intelligent.
I alwys most times bring up confusing arguments like, 'if love means hatred and hatred means love when one can say, i hate you so much for caring for someone' basically, i can alwys say love is jst a word coined to disturb d mind. It doesn't exist. And d truth is, i don't biliv in love.
So, back to d issue of no creator, it's jst like wanting to prove your intelligence by denying it because it confuses and rubishes your intelligence. What men can't explain, we knw, they hate. I can alwys say there's no car because it's a name we all chose to give that moving metal, but hey, it's a car whether u want to ostentatiously prove how intelligent u may be by simple deviation!
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 16, 2012
Why do Christians even assume that we are interested in all these questioning and answering, as though being a Christian was the norm and everybody who wasn't had to give a plausible explanation to be left alone.

This Christian-centrism really needs to stop. It's pure bullying!

Haba, the thing nor concern me. Whether them design or them draw or them create or them evolve. Who cares? Na that one go increase my pocket or change the price of garri for market?

Make person hear word jor.
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by gbadeboy2: 2:13pm On Apr 16, 2012
truth be told,i dont believe we have atheists.deep down inside they know there is a creator.
It only due to wanting to feel like elites in quote or are rebelling due to frustration.
Religion aside,how daft can a person be to truly believe something came into being from no imput?even the laws in mechanics that guides scientific principles states that matter cannot be created nor destroyed but transformed from one form to the other.i.e by humans,so how does the original matter exist?also that invisible force animating us and turns the active and treasured body into waste that must be removed from society once it leaves the body,how does logic or science explain or quantify it empirically if not that it is a powerful force that returned to where it came from

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by KINGwax(m): 2:14pm On Apr 16, 2012
logicboy:

All the dead bodies caused by christians/muslimshumans says different
sometime's, words are inserted in statements to prove a point even when there aint one. So, atheists don't kill?

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by KINGwax(m): 2:17pm On Apr 16, 2012
michelin89: Why do Christians even assume that we are interested in all these questioning and answering, as though being a Christian was the norm and everybody who wasn't had to give a plausible explanation to be left alone.

This Christian-centrism really needs to stop. It's pure bullying!

Haba, the thing nor concern me. Whether them design or them draw or them create or them evolve. Who cares? Na that one go increase my pocket or change the price of garri for market?

Make person hear word jor.
are u a christian? No. Muslim? Maybe. Atheist? Maybe too. Cos i think your hatred is only for christianity. Are u frustrated? Yes

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by logicboy: 2:22pm On Apr 16, 2012
KINGwax: sometime's, words are inserted in statements to prove a point even when there aint one. So, atheists don't kill?

No, religious people have an extra reason to kill more than atheists- God.

Religion has killed more people than atheism. No one kills because they are atheist. If an atheist kills, he kills because he is bad. Religion can turn a young rich boy into a christmas bomber
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by ea7(m): 2:25pm On Apr 16, 2012
hello guys, from tom jefferssonTo talk of immaterial existences is to talk of
nothings. To say that the human soul,
angels, god, are immaterial, is to say they are
nothings, or that there is no god, no angels,
no soul. I cannot reason otherwise... without
plunging into the fathomless abyss of
dreams and phantasms. I am satisfied, and
sufficiently occupied with the things which
are, without tormenting or troubling myself
about those which may indeed be, but of
which I have no evidence.
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by ea7(m): 2:29pm On Apr 16, 2012
another quote: Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but
not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he
both able and willing? Then whence cometh
evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then
why call him God?
And another:
"God creates us sick, and
then, on pain of death or torment,
commands us to get well."
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 16, 2012
Even the science atheist rely on is incomplete nd imperfect to d xtent dt so many tins cannot b xplained. D way man saw creation ws in 7days... Nd d sequences matches exactly what science has said. D sun is d oldest of all existence. Man is actually d yungest. oUr science nd our bible don't dispute dat. True atheist r js confused nd use these argument to justify their black-horse ridden ways. Sori to say bt ts d truth as far as I can see. I hv encountered many in person and they all r d same.

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 16, 2012
KINGwax: are u a christian? No. Muslim? Maybe. Atheist? Maybe too. Cos i think your hatred is only for christianity. Are u frustrated? Yes

The only frustrated person here is you and I may add also jobless or you wouldn't even bother to know what I believe in. I mean, who cares?
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by ramalot(m): 2:49pm On Apr 16, 2012
smiley
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 16, 2012
All dis xtians....izit by force?
Y'all shud go and rest jare...

Besides, did d christians pray down d intelligent designs??
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by rastamouse: 2:50pm On Apr 16, 2012
ea7: pot calling kettle black. You are a fool.

JESUS loves you cool
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by logicboy: 2:54pm On Apr 16, 2012
kinesis: Even the science atheist rely on is incomplete nd imperfect to d xtent dt so many tins cannot b xplained. D way man saw creation ws in 7days... Nd d sequences matches exactly what science has said. D sun is d oldest of all existence. Man is actually d yungest. oUr science nd our bible don't dispute dat. True atheist r js confused nd use these argument to justify their black-horse ridden ways. Sori to say bt ts d truth as far as I can see. I hv encountered many in person and they all r d same.

Science says the world is 4.5 billion years, your bible says it's 6,000
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by ea7(m): 3:02pm On Apr 16, 2012
rastamouse:

JESUS loves you cool
oh my God!!! Like you don't mean it!!! Can we go on a date can i meet him personally? What's that, he wants me to accept his love freely first, but has an eternal oven for me if i decline. Gets that okay then. Smh.

Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by warrior101: 4:12pm On Apr 16, 2012
lwise: If you are trying to find out the existence of God,you are just wasting your time.The world is advancing on daily basis and people are getting more fact about there enviroment.Man has been able to utilise the resources around him to create a lot things for his own use.The world in 1000yrs back is not as advance as what we have now.In the next 1000yrs the world will be more advance than what we have now.Since man has been in existence nothing has happened by chance,its either we met them as resources or created by man.If the story of evolution is true,something new should have evolved since the day man is able to document.If you see anything new,its only new because it has not been discovered.Just stop disturbing yourself,it is NOT possible for a human being to exist by CHANCE,if you think it is,that means you dont know how complex the human body is but you can ask a doctor for an answer.ALMIGHTY GOD,THE BEST DESIGNER,THE BEST SCIENTIST...

Talking about no evolution/adaptation~ can somebody really explain our skin colors and body features? Negroid, Mongoloid and Caucasian maybe there are new breeds but not officially stated yet. dono... but can someone explain how come since there was only Adam and eve...

Recently researchers have been able to make it clear that the BIBLE is actually the beginning of the Caucasian race and not all human race... there is a place where Cain ran from the presence of God and dwelt in THE LAND of i think nod and MARRIED there (he met people there and there was already a city there...
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by warrior101: 4:26pm On Apr 16, 2012
ea7: another quote: Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but
not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he
both able and willing? Then whence cometh
evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then
why call him God?
And another:
"God creates us sick, and
then, on pain of death or torment,
commands us to get well."

Personally i think God is a victim... More like helpless and bonded by law of natural order and Satan using it against him.... Otherwise how do we explain everything you've stated above... A perfect example is Job... Xstains should read up. I am not Atheist (don't like to be labeled)but if I am to choose one I will say i'm Agnostic cuz nobody knows it all... In the end, anything we are today is only a phase of our lives. It will/might pass. Cheerio smiley
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Blackteeth(m): 4:43pm On Apr 16, 2012
Martian:
What is an unseen spirit force? What is a God?

God is whatever it is that intelligently designed the universe and supervised entire creation whether through evolution or other means. it is not necessarily the man in long beards you know. It could be in the form of anything.

How did you know the gender of this God thing?

Nobody knows the true gender of God. That is not the issue here.

Maybe it's the wind. Maybe it's the spring mechanism

What if there was no wind?

Maybe your battery died. Maybe the your phone's software malfunctioned. Maybe your phone is too old and needs a replacement!!

lol.Ok. All Your three phones switched off with full batteries.

Why a Creator. What about a Joint Venture consisting of four creators?

Yes its possible.

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Blackteeth(m): 4:51pm On Apr 16, 2012
ramalot: Again, it is not the atheists burden to prove the non-existence of god, it is the theist's burden to prove his existence.

That said, i'll still say the argument about a "perfect" universe, hence, the existence of a god is really empty.
If your proof of god is that god placed the earth at a "perfect" distance from the sun n bla bla, then since the same
god created the universe, was he sleeping when he placed mercury that close to it? or Uranus that far from it?

or the cliche "oh, look at nature's perfection like the sky, the seas n bla bla" it must have been created by an intelligent being. On
the other hand it brings up the question of who created the volcanoes that erupt, or the shifts in the earth's core that cause earthquakes,
or the tornadoes currently dealing with the mid-west.

What you forget is that these are "natural" disasters. Hence, if a perfect being made nature in his infinite perfection, and all these
natural disasters still occur, perishing innocent babies n people around the world, then you need to ask yourself how perfect this alleged creator is.

The statement in bold is so dumb. Are there living things in mercury or Uranus that should be kept a safe distance from the sun?

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Blackteeth(m): 4:52pm On Apr 16, 2012
logicboy:

Science says the world is 4.5 billion years, your bible says it's 6,000

Forget what the bible says and think independently.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Am Paying My #20,000 Tithe To Nairalanders Instead Of Jehovah / Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet / What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.