Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,810 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? (12699 Views)

Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? / Where do Atheists go when they die? / Do Atheists Have Hope? What Is Their Purpose In Life? What Keeps Atheists Alive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by obayaya(m): 7:43pm On Apr 16, 2012
mkmyers45: They are so many ways to look at it. From a profane point we can assume there is a creator who made all things or it is possible to look at it from a darwanian Pov coupled with the amount of facts it has to show. Adaptation of animals and plants to enviroment over time is humanly and scientifically possible but i dont buy the world religions crap either so it boils down to which makes more sense...Darwin definitely does tell a whole lot more than religious fable. P.s: Atheist No Open minded yes

Science can't possibly explain this intelligence... I read of a reseach conducted years back.. Searching 4 an extraterrestial intelligence... As scientists themselves believed that there were many things beyond their understanding.. So there's gotta be an super intelligent being somewhere that understands... That was d reason 4 d research... The result was a very interesting one...

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by ramalot(m): 7:53pm On Apr 16, 2012
smiley
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by ramalot(m): 7:59pm On Apr 16, 2012
cheesy
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 16, 2012
Ain't here to convert atheists into believers, but i have something to say. What if a believer dies and gets to find out there is no God, does he have anything to loose ? And what if an atheist dies and finds out there is a God, what becomes of him ? At least atheist believe they will someday day.
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by ea7(m): 8:37pm On Apr 16, 2012
Zediccus: Ain't here to convert atheists into believers, but i have absolutely nothing sensible to say. What if a believer dies and gets to find out there is no God, does he have anything to lose ? And what if an atheist dies and finds out there is a God, what becomes of him ? At least atheist believe they will someday die.
thats way too easy to shoot down. There are thousands of gods, what if thor is real? He might spare atheists for being skeptical and waste beleivers for slandering him.
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by rastamouse: 8:50pm On Apr 16, 2012
ramalot:

That is not even remotely a challenge, that is like saying " oh, just accept my illogical assertion nowww"

Also, the bold is one very funny aspect of religion that no one seems to address. HOW THA EFF did y'all know every single thing about god, from his family life to his personal decisions, and even his reactions to everything, n a lot more, but on the other hand he is too much to understand.

To put it simply; y'all know every single 'character' of this god, but not a shred of knowledge on his being.
Wait, What's that smell? . . .OH! its good ol' MAN-MADE POOP!

As for your iphone analogy, i'm sorry but it does not hold any water. Ignorance on a particular subject does not accord that subject automatic superiority over one.
As i said before in my own iphone analogy, it is this same "i don't have a clue, therefore it must be a god" mentality that the lost tribes typically exhibit, that you and every other religious person has succumbed to. Unfortunately.

cry cry cry cry Hope you get time to repent...satan holding on to more souls lipsrsealed
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Blackteeth(m): 9:00pm On Apr 16, 2012
Martian:

Why do you think the universe is designed? Are you sure you're not projecting your human views to the universe as a whole? If you insist on intelligent design, then there must be a purpose? What is the purpose of your god(whatever it is that intelligently designed the universe) ? Why do you think it's singular?

You are assuming "god" has a gender when you don't even know if it exists talk less of the gender.

There is no proof of a gendered God for now and thats it.
Now Why has the universe stop manufacturing things like you think it did on its own? Why are we not seeing the universe produce new creatures till the current day? Dont you think the universe is under a power that halted further manufacturing?

Concerning the purpose of creation, Like I said earlier, humans think the have answers to everything but they dont.

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Kay17: 9:28pm On Apr 16, 2012
Blackteeth:
Ok. Now tell me why nature isnt crafting out new humans like it did before. Last time I checked, all humans are coming out from the womb. Tell why we are not witnessing any current nature crafting taking place.
Lol. Am enjoying this mehn.
But humans do reproduce, Life still adapts to its environment.
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Kay17: 9:36pm On Apr 16, 2012
Blackteeth:

There is no proof of a gendered God for now and thats it.
Now Why has the universe stop manufacturing things like you think it did on its own? Why are we not seeing the universe produce new creatures till the current day? Dont you think the universe is under a power that halted further manufacturing?

Concerning the purpose of creation, Like I said earlier, humans think the have answers to everything but they dont.
wouldn't that apply to your "Creator"??

And matter still changes form everyday!
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Jack65: 10:32pm On Apr 16, 2012
Zediccus: Ain't here to convert atheists into believers, but i have something to say. What if a believer dies and gets to find out there is no God, does he have anything to loose ? And what if an atheist dies and finds out there is a God, what becomes of him ? At least atheist believe they will someday day.

If I die today and find out that the god of the bible really exist then I would really be glad that I didnt spend most of my life praising and worshiping such a god.
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 16, 2012
Thank God u mentioned d bible says ts 6000years cz I cnt find it anywhere in d bible. All I knw d bible says is a day to u may b a million years or 1000 to God and vice versa. Being stated is it nt clear enuf dat even atheist who are a little objective in their tinkin conclude dt d bible is precise and correct in time and ageing of the universe? I find ur answer to my statement flawed wt subjectivism. what else has evolved after man? Nuffin. dt shows d bible is right in its arrangement of evolution dt science tinks christians don't want. Man is d last of Gods creation.Christians were blinded by subjective tinkin. But dt ws back in d day. If we were to pick out d bible nd argue den we wud nt need to argue at all.
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by mkmyers45(m): 10:41pm On Apr 16, 2012
obayaya:

Science can't possibly explain this intelligence... I read of a reseach conducted years back.. Searching 4 an extraterrestial intelligence... As scientists themselves believed that there were many things beyond their understanding.. So there's gotta be an super intelligent being somewhere that understands... That was d reason 4 d research... The result was a very interesting one...
and what was the result?
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by logicboy: 10:54pm On Apr 16, 2012
kinesis: Thank God u mentioned d bible says ts 6000years cz I cnt find it anywhere in d bible. All I knw d bible says is a day to u may b a million years or 1000 to God and vice versa. Being stated is it nt clear enuf dat even atheist who are a little objective in their tinkin conclude dt d bible is precise and correct in time and ageing of the universe? I find ur answer to my statement flawed wt subjectivism. what else has evolved after man? Nuffin. dt shows d bible is right in its arrangement of evolution dt science tinks christians don't want. Man is d last of Gods creation.Christians were blinded by subjective tinkin. But dt ws back in d day. If we were to pick out d bible nd argue den we wud nt need to argue at all.

You can try and force the bible into reality but you will always fail. The bible is a fairytale. It is about (not counting the 5 creation days before) 6,000 years from Adam to our current generation (historians have added up the time). The earliest fossils are 195,000 years old. The bible is a lie
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by mkmyers45(m): 11:22pm On Apr 16, 2012
femary2: Blackteeth.Thanks. You have successfully destroyed atheism.They all concur now that there is a designer/creator somewhere.the problem they have is the biblical description of creation account and genetics.Atheism is foolishness.There is a designer somewhere that controls and direct things.Just as its evident that there are spirits,the father of ALL spirits is GOD,the ALMIGHTY.Period.
This has to go into the books as the worst post wtf? Which god are you talking about (eledumare,allah,jehovah,ifa,ogun etc)? What does genetics have to do with all these?
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by nyameke: 11:31pm On Apr 16, 2012
Some of the ignorance on display on this thread is amazing....ignorance is definetly the biggest and deadliest disease facing mankind..even deadlier than the Aids virus...

For those seeking the existence of the creator well look no further than your DNA Cus God's name has been inscribed in our DNA... The creators name is YHWH...
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by logicboy: 11:37pm On Apr 16, 2012
nyameke: Some of the ignorance on display on this thread is amazing....ignorance is definetly the biggest and deadliest disease facing mankind..even deadlier than the Aids virus...

For those seeking the existence of the creator well look no further than your DNA Cus God's name has been inscribed in our DNA... The creators name is YHWY...

?

how is God's name in our DNA?
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by mkmyers45(m): 11:37pm On Apr 16, 2012
nyameke: Some of the ignorance on display on this thread is amazing....ignorance is definetly the biggest and deadliest disease facing mankind..even deadlier than the Aids virus...

For those seeking the existence of the creator well look no further than your DNA Cus God's name has been inscribed in our DNA... The creators name is YHWY...
which Dna? Where is the proof?
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by logicboy: 11:44pm On Apr 16, 2012
femary2: You can insult and say whatever you like but one thing is sure tonight,you foundational believes(atheism) has been shaken to the roots.whether its eledumare or allah or jehovah,there DEFINITELY exists a supreme being that created the universe or humans as we see it.just as dogs are lower mammals with lower intelligence than humans so also is human with lower intelligence than God or creator.

Oh, really?

[img]http://www.shadygamer.com/attachments/not-sure-if-troll-or-just-very-stupid-28n1299498207760-29-jpg.430/[/img]
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by logicboy: 11:58pm On Apr 16, 2012
femary2: Do you dream?Show me evidence that you had a dream yesterday.You know you always seek physical evidence for existence/God.If you can show me evidence that you had a dream,then your evidence for God's existence is not far fetched.

Ever heard of EEG? Your ignorance is showing
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by logicboy: 12:11am On Apr 17, 2012
femary2: What has EEG got to do with dreaming?Can EEG interpret/decode dreams?

Good question.

Scientist know that we human beings dream

They also know that we dream during sleep and our brain controls our thoughts

EEG recordings show that we go through five stages of sleep each with its characteristic brain-wave activity

We are more likely to dream in certain stages of sleep (REM periods)

People awakened from REM periods in sleep experiments report they've been dreaming 80%- 100% of the time

In fact, brain-imaging studies show that the neurons in the cerebral cortex become much more active during REM sleep (Munglani and Jones, 1992)

http://www.csun.edu/~vcpsy00h/students/dreams.htm
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Nobody: 12:11am On Apr 17, 2012
On one hand intelligence is overrated. On the other hand there are evidences that as elementary as single cell a bacterial can exhibit intelligence.So, what's the big deal using intelligence to define the bases of existence? It could have started from a very simple and a primitive beginning to what we now have as intelligence to identify things in existence. It is fact that most of our forefathers lacked the abilities to reason and observe things they don't understand to a level we have at present.

Indeed, I would, with all indulgence speak for myself as an individual, that existence doesn't require any intelligence but evolution of any kind. Which we now see in many living things. A well trained animals can exercise intelligence little beyond instinct. Nature itself is an evidence of what imperfection can be defined( if intelligence is the bases upon which existence came about nature failed to prove it with perfection). It is arguably substantiated to be of intelligence looking at it from a lesser point of view because, we all as humans/living things exercise intelligence in one way or the other. This applies to the reason why there have been failures for some people to ditch religion, for the simple fact we can not see beyond intelligence as the only thing that can bring about existence.

I doubt, if there is any evidences to prove that existence came by intelligent designs looking at the complications and failure to exhibit perfection. There would have been a contentious improvement in nature if intelligence is the origin of existence(we know that is one of the quality of intelligence). The designer would have continually added or removed from nature things which ruin it. Humans fail to see beyond this and the reason why god always come to so many people's mind first. Mind you,nature only changes but never recreated beyond what exist within it as an entity!
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by mkmyers45(m): 12:25am On Apr 17, 2012
femary2: Do you dream?Show me evidence that you had a dream yesterday.You know you always seek physical evidence for existence/God.If you can show me evidence that you had a dream,then your evidence for God's existence is not far fetched.
EEG somebody? Werent you talking bout genetics? Where is the god name in DNA?
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by mkmyers45(m): 12:58am On Apr 17, 2012
femary2: Great scientific explanation but what of the spiritual/virtual dimension of dreaming i.e. how do EEG knows what I dreamt of yesterday?
*Face Palm* ***Somebody was trying to kill you****
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by ea7(m): 1:14am On Apr 17, 2012
mkmyers45: *Face Palm* ***Somebody was trying to kill you****
they should have succeeded. i dont think these foolish theists realise we were once like them before, then the think the bible is magic, read it and believe *smh vigorously. and where did god come from? where is he? is he immaterial and invisible, if so then:To talk of immaterial existences is to talk of nothings. To say that the human soul, angels, God, are immaterial is to say they are nothings, or that there is no God, no angels, no soul. I cannot reason otherwise" (August 15, 1820). chikena, god becomes irrelevant
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by yommy2sure(m): 1:29am On Apr 17, 2012
its all about thinking...u think A perfect God will not create an imperfect world, theist think God of their religeon is the real one, everyone thinks...but seriously has anyone tot abt what controls ur thinking and the the extent to which u can think(which you clearly have no control of). Even science has shown that the human brain has its limit eventhough we cant compare it with that of a fish. Why dnt we all humble ourself to this fact that our knowledge of everything is limited to the capacity of our brain, our five senses and the three or four dimensions of science we can grab. Even the greatest scientists that discovered most of these laws and theories dnt knw why they exist so, keplar dicoverd the planetary motion but y they move so he cant explain, so wit the movement of electrons in the core of an atom. I believe we can not fully comprehend God! All the religous books are just some peoples idea of God and thats y there are contradictions. God is too big to empty himself/herself/themselves/itself into some bounded literature. And the idea of a big bang nothing coming from nothing to hit nothing and form something that transforms over millions of years to form life is the dumbest thing iv ever heard. Go grab as much about God as you can....wait hav u fully understood how ur body works?

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Nobody: 1:54am On Apr 17, 2012
yommy2sure: its all about thinking...u think A perfect God will not create an imperfect world, theist think God of their religeon is the real one, everyone thinks...but seriously has anyone tot abt what controls ur thinking and the the extent to which u can think(which you clearly have no control of). Even science has shown that the human brain has its limit eventhough we cant compare it with that of a fish. Why dnt we all humble ourself to this fact that our knowledge of everything is limited to the capacity of our brain, our five senses and the three or four dimensions of science we can grab. Even the greatest scientists that discovered most of these laws and theories dnt knw why they exist so, keplar dicoverd the planetary motion but y they move so he cant explain, so wit the movement of electrons in the core of an atom. I believe we can not fully comprehend God! All the religous books are just some peoples idea of God and thats y there are contradictions. God is too big to empty himself/herself/themselves/itself into some bounded literature. And the idea of a big bang nothing coming from nothing to hit nothing and form something that transforms over millions of years to form life is the dumbest thing iv ever heard. Go grab as much about God as you can....wait hav u fully understood how ur body works?
What are you talking about? Gibberish! It seems you lacked a lot of the extent of todays science capability. I would advice you to take a closer look at "Quantum Science" to have a better understanding of what you are trying to drive at. It is a matter of time.

Whoever thought we would have gone this far in the field of science?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Am Paying My #20,000 Tithe To Nairalanders Instead Of Jehovah / Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet / What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.