Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,537 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Oprah Asked Michelle Obama About Marriage... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Oprah Asked Michelle Obama About Marriage... (1309 Views)

How To Guard Your Man Properly By Michelle Obama (Pictures) / "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey / A Kim Kardashian Or A Michelle Obama? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oprah Asked Michelle Obama About Marriage... by ludot(m): 2:57pm On Apr 16, 2012
What do you know for sure about marriage, being married now 18 years?

(LAUGHTER)

M. OBAMA: The -- it has to be a true partnership. And you have to really, really like and respect the person that you're married to, because it is a hard road.

I mean, that's what I tell young couples. Don't expect it to be easy, melding two lives and trying to raise others and doing it forever.

I mean that's a recipe made for disaster. So there are highs and lows. But if, in the end, you can look him in the eye and say, I like you, and, you know, I stopped believing in love at first sight.

I think you go through that, that wonderful love stage. But when it gets hard, you need a little bit more.

WINFREY: OK. I read in The New York Times a story that (inaudible) writing about your mother, where she said that she always thought you would be a cross between Mahatma Gandhi and Albert Einstein and always had great expectations for you.

The question is, are you surprised that he became President of the United States, knowing who he is?

M. OBAMA: Yes, I think growing up like we did, no matter what your parents told you, we never thought we -- you could be president. No, no way.

You know, it was up until the election night that I was like, really?

(LAUGHTER)

M. OBAMA: You actually pulled this off? So I think, you know, I think our lives are limited in that way.

And I think one of the beautiful things that we will get from this presidency is that young kids now only know this man could be President of the United States. So, for so many, they can see themselves.

So am I -- am I surprised that he's doing a great job, no. I knew he was ready for this. I always told the voters, I said, the question isn't whether Barack Obama is ready to be president.

The question is whether we're ready. And that still continues to be the question that we have to ask ourselves. Are we ready for change? Are we ready for sacrifice and compromise?

Are we ready, you know, to really make the hard push? Because he's ready. And that is not a surprise to me. He has been consistent in that regard.

So he has performed as I would have expected him to perform, consistent.

You can find the interview by Oprah Winfrey here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAcP_RnC0R0&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Behind every successful man, there is indeed a woman!!! My question is... ladies, are you proud of your men? Guys, knowing who you are, will your women be proud of you?

http://dotunolukoya./
Re: Oprah Asked Michelle Obama About Marriage... by luckgames(m): 6:55pm On Apr 16, 2012
They had their difference but they work it out
Woman don't need to over reach
Re: Oprah Asked Michelle Obama About Marriage... by Nobody: 7:51pm On Apr 16, 2012
Not bad! undecided

(1) (Reply)

He Is Too Attached To His Ex / How Do I Tell Her My Mind? / My Wife's Birthday Is Coming Sunday, Any Idea On Where I Can Trip Her To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.