Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,239 members, 7,953,907 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:39 AM

69 Oil Marketers To Refund N241.247b Petrol Subsidy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 69 Oil Marketers To Refund N241.247b Petrol Subsidy (6403 Views)

FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices / Buhari's Govt Incurs N57b Petrol Subsidy Debt -PUNCH / Petrol Subsidy Rises To N48.15 Per Litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

69 Oil Marketers To Refund N241.247b Petrol Subsidy by free2ryhme: 12:55pm On Apr 17, 2012
Stakeholders seek probe from 1999

The House of Representatives Ad hoc Committee on Fuel Subsidy has asked 69 oil marketers to refund N241.247billion.
Besides the illegal cash they got last year, 46 companies did not pay taxes, according to the Federal Inland Revenue Service.

The committee established that N1.692trillion was paid as subsidy last year.
But stakeholders in the industry, including some oil majors, are insisting that the probe ought to be from 1999 to date.
Besides, the presentation of the report today by the committee has assumed ethnic dimension with a group, the South-South Youth Caucus, accusing the North of plotting to undermine President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration.

The Farouk Lawan-led committee discovered that disqualified subsidy claims by 69 companies amounted to N241.247 billion.

Some of the companies are: Acorn Plc, Alminnur Resources Ltd, AMG Petro-Energy Ltd, Anosyke Group of companies Ltd, Ascon Oil & Gas Company, Avant Garde Energy, A-Z Petroleum, CAH Resources Association Ltd, Conoil Plc, Crust Energy Ltd, Downstream Energy Source Ltd, Dozzy Oil and Gas Ltd, Duport Marine Ltd, Eco-Regen Ltd, Eurafic Oil and Coastal Services Ltd, and First Deep water Discovery Ltd.

Others are: Frado International Ltd, Fresh Synergy Ltd, Heyden Petroleum, Ibafon Oil Ltd, Imad Oil & Gas Ltd, Integrated Resources Ltd, Ipman Investment Ltd, Knightsbridge, Linetrale Oil supply and Trading Company, Lingo Oil & Gas Company Ltd, Lloyds Energy Ltd, Lottoj Oil & Gas Ltd, Maizube Petroleum Ltd, Matrix Energy Oil & Gas Ltd, Menol Oil & Gas Ltd.

The report of the committee reads in part: “Discharges that suffered one or more of the above infractions were adjudged not sustainable and, therefore, not good enough to attract any subsidy. The disqualified claims to subsidy amount to N241.247billion.

“The associated PMS volumes of 3,453,690,070 litres are, therefore, deductible from the annual mass volume, with a view to determining the appropriate volume of consumption.

“These defective transactions should be further investigated by the EFCC to ensure that all those who collected unmerited subsidy are made to refund the amounts collected.”

The committee asked the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation to account for over N213.678billion being excess subsidy payments in 2009 and 2010.

The report added: “The Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation (OAGF) should account for N213.678billion being total of excess payments made by it over and above what the PPPRA identified as paid in 2009 and 2010. The OAGF is not only responsible for the accounts of the Federation, including the Petroleum Subsidy Funds (PSF) and Domestic Crude Account, but refused to provide further details on the account when requested to do so during the public hearing.

“EFCC and ICPC should ensure that the OAGF accounts for the over-recovery figures of NGN 2.766billion and NGN5.27billion.”

The panel faulted alleged conflicting figures from the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).

It said: “NNPC had two sources of recovery of its subsidy viz: (i) Direct deductions from Domestic Crude receipts accruable to the Federation. (ii) Payment by CBN through deduction from distributable revenues as per the Federation Account Component Statement.
“NNPC, in its submission, claimed to have earned N586 billion as subsidy from the supply of 7,576,726, 157 litres of PMS in 2011.

“However by PPPRA’s presentation, NNPC was paid a subsidy of N667.533billion for supplying 5,470,007,111 litres of PMS.
“By CBN’s presentation, NNPC was paid N844.944billion as subsidy in 2011. In addition to CBN’s payment of N844.944billion as represented on the Federation Account Component Statement, NNPC made a direct deduction of N847.942billion as subsidy in 2011, bringing all claims to N1.692 trillion.”

On the jump in subsidy to N1.6trillion in 2011, the Lawan committee said the PPPRA’s argument that it was due to computed arrears was untenable and illegal.

It said: “PPPRA, in its presentation to the House of Representatives, had hinted that the noticeable upsurge in subsidy payment in 2011 was due not only to increase in subsidy per litre but also due
to the computed arrears due NNPC for HHK discharges. This was established from NNPC’s submission to be N284.580billion.

“This payment of subsidy arrears on HHK was an illegality, having been proscribed by a presidential directive in 2009. NNPC was stopped from further collecting subsidy on HHK. The corporation abided by the presidential directive but unilaterally reversed the situation without any counter directive or order from the President.”

Following the leakage of the report, some stakeholders in the oil industry met last night in Abuja ahead of its presentation today.
After the session in a posh hotel, one of the stakeholders, who spoke in confidence, said: “For Nigerians to know the truth about fuel subsidy, we are demanding that the House should extend the probe to subsidy payment since 1999 or pre-1999 era.
“That is the only condition the report can be acceptable or credible. They cannot make those who imported fuel from 2009 to 2011 scapegoats. We want fairness for all.
“Nigeria can only clean its oil industry, if there is a comprehensive inquiry into the subsidy management since 1999 or before 1999.”

The Coordinator of the Southsouth Youth Caucus, David Osaro, in a statement last night, said: “The North wants to use the House of Representatives probe to bring down Jonathan’s government.

“It has become very clear that the current House of Representatives probe of the petroleum industry and the deregulation of the downstream sector is nothing but a subtle plot by the North to discredit and ultimately bring down the Jonathan administration.

“It is very evident that in order to achieve their aim, the North quickly cashed in on the fuel subsidy removal issue, and due to its sensitivity, everything was put in place to actualise their plans of truncating this administration. Otherwise, how else do you explain the fact that a probe into the activities of the oil industry should have predated the current administration of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan?

“Even more curious is the fact that similar probes in the past have not yielded anything that the ordinary Nigerian can be proud of, both in terms of findings and implementation of probe reports. Ordinarily, it would have been taken for granted that the House of Representatives panel may find nothing actually incriminating against the current government of Mr. President but the manner in which the House is going about it truly leaves much to be desired, in terms of its sincerity.

“If tradition is also anything to go by, it may be pertinent to state that the North is trying to use the House of Representatives to achieve its plan of shifting the power equation back to the North. If this were not the case, how then do you rationalise the failure of the House to actually extend the probe to also include the oil industry from 2009 till date?”

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/43451-69-oil-marketers-to-refund-n241-247b-petrol-subsidy.html
Re: 69 Oil Marketers To Refund N241.247b Petrol Subsidy by free2ryhme: 12:59pm On Apr 17, 2012
hmmm
Re: 69 Oil Marketers To Refund N241.247b Petrol Subsidy by 1025: 1:05pm On Apr 17, 2012
we are all busy praising uk today because our enemy has been jailed but when it will get to our friends tomorrow, with this same mouth, we will all remember how they stole our oil and money in the name of colonisation.
if una say some ppl go refund money, my question is when? how will the money they will refund be used? shared among the presidency and gov as usual?
if u ask me, i will tell them to keep the money because we celebrated the recovered loots of abacha but till today no one can point to where the money is. what is the need of recovering and stealing at the same time.
another question, after recovering this funds, it will mean no one is stealing our oil money again abi? will fuel go back to N65?
Re: 69 Oil Marketers To Refund N241.247b Petrol Subsidy by Truthonly(m): 2:12pm On Apr 17, 2012
Please who has 'The Nation Newspaper'? I want to the see the comprehensive list of thieves and how much each stole.
Re: 69 Oil Marketers To Refund N241.247b Petrol Subsidy by Demdem(m): 2:24pm On Apr 17, 2012
Truthonly: Please who has 'The Nation Newspaper'? I want to the see the comprehensive list of thieves and how much each stole.

Check tribune online today. the full list is tabulated there. Good to know that the Big players like oando and even MRS arent asked to refund anything. Multinationals like Mobil and Total are however included.

Re: 69 Oil Marketers To Refund N241.247b Petrol Subsidy by ZUBY77(m): 2:28pm On Apr 17, 2012
We hear that all the time. Why cant these thieves leave us alone instead of announcing sad news all the time. The money is coming from a lesser thief to a bigger one. They are all thieves.
Re: 69 Oil Marketers To Refund N241.247b Petrol Subsidy by babaowo: 2:29pm On Apr 17, 2012
1025: we are all busy praising uk today because our enemy has been jailed but when it will get to our friends tomorrow, with this same mouth, we will all remember how they stole our oil and money in the name of colonisation.
if una say some ppl go refund money, my question is when? how will the money they will refund be used? shared among the presidency and gov as usual?
if u ask me, i will tell them to keep the money because we celebrated the recovered loots of abacha but till today no one can point to where the money is. what is the need of recovering and stealing at the same time.
another question, after recovering this funds, it will mean no one is stealing our oil money again abi? will fuel go back to N65?
.... Tell dem make dem hear!
Re: 69 Oil Marketers To Refund N241.247b Petrol Subsidy by babaowo: 2:30pm On Apr 17, 2012
ZUBY77: We hear that all the time. Why cant these thieves leave us alone instead of announcing sad news all the time. The money is coming from a lesser thief to a bigger one. They are all thieves.
.... Na u talk am ooo!!!
Re: 69 Oil Marketers To Refund N241.247b Petrol Subsidy by Unkl(m): 2:38pm On Apr 17, 2012
Why r some Nigerians always chasing shadow? GEJ personally mandated the Farouk led c'tee to probe the fuel subsidy charade and now that the report is out some ppl are trying to distract us frm d issue at stake all in the name of ETHNICITY!
Re: 69 Oil Marketers To Refund N241.247b Petrol Subsidy by intelligen(m): 2:44pm On Apr 17, 2012
I don't even knw wat to say..am short of words
Re: 69 Oil Marketers To Refund N241.247b Petrol Subsidy by Okijajuju1(m): 3:08pm On Apr 17, 2012
FRESH AIR B,itches!!

In Jonathan we trust!!

The Commander in Chief and Egberipapa 1 of Nigeria!!
Re: 69 Oil Marketers To Refund N241.247b Petrol Subsidy by gregg2: 3:15pm On Apr 17, 2012
GEJ should be given kudos.
He was the first to smell a rat in the
management of subsidy and started moves to undo the cabals.

Nigerians would never have known the
charade involved in this subsidy regime
if not for GEJ's bold move to dump subsidy profiteers.
Re: 69 Oil Marketers To Refund N241.247b Petrol Subsidy by Demdem(m): 3:20pm On Apr 17, 2012
gregg2: GEJ should be given kudos.
He was the first to smell a rat in the
management of subsidy and started moves to undo the cabals.

Nigerians would never have known the
charade involved in this subsidy regime
if not for GEJ's bold move to dump subsidy profiteers.

My friend shut ur trap. The retardeen didnt order any probe. instead he should be ashamed that under his watch, these enormous amounts were released without due diligence.
Re: 69 Oil Marketers To Refund N241.247b Petrol Subsidy by Okijajuju1(m): 3:24pm On Apr 17, 2012
Demdem:

My friend shut ur trap. The retardeen didnt order any probe. instead he should be ashamed that under his watch, these enormous amounts were released without due diligence.

Taaa Shattap!! You with all your brains why are you not the governor of your state?! Y'all know how to disrespect niggas that are way bigger than y'alls. .

The boy unraveled a plot that had fed many fat for years and instead of saying kudos to the nigga, you call him a retard. Well I hope you feel great knowing with all your intelligence, you are being led by a retard.
Re: 69 Oil Marketers To Refund N241.247b Petrol Subsidy by emsquare(m): 3:25pm On Apr 17, 2012
ZUBY77: We hear that all the time. Why cant these thieves leave us alone instead of announcing sad news all the time. The money is coming from a lesser thief to a bigger one. They are all thieves.

True Talk!
Re: 69 Oil Marketers To Refund N241.247b Petrol Subsidy by Demdem(m): 3:36pm On Apr 17, 2012
Okija_juju:

Taaa Shattap!! You with all your brains why are you not the governor of your state?! Y'all know how to disrespect niggas that are way bigger than y'alls.

The boy unraveled a plot that had fed many fat for years and instead of saying kudos to the nigga, you call him a retard. Well I hope you feel great knowing with all your intelligence, you are being led by a retard.

And how do u know these bunkum? When u say the boy hope u no dey refer to retardeen? What roles exactly did he play to acheive this? was is not for the protest this early this year that almost brought this nation to her knees that made the House go for this probe? the senators started theirs last year. U tell me the roles of the retardeen here? abi the guy has started interfering in the activities of NASS?

yes i am governed by the rretard because the majority felt the rretard is a better candidate. thats one of the disadvantages of democracy. i have to live with that
Re: 69 Oil Marketers To Refund N241.247b Petrol Subsidy by Beaf: 4:08pm On Apr 17, 2012
Demdem:

And how do u know these bunkum? When u say the boy hope u no dey refer to retardeen? What roles exactly did he play to acheive this? was is not for the protest this early this year that almost brought this nation to her knees that made the House go for this probe? the senators started theirs last year. U tell me the roles of the retardeen here? abi the guy has started interfering in the activities of NASS?

yes i am governed by the rretard because the majority felt the rretard is a better candidate. thats one of the disadvantages of democracy. i have to live with that

[size=13pt]You always lovingly mention this "retardeen." Is he or she or it one of your beloved ancestors?[/size]

Re: 69 Oil Marketers To Refund N241.247b Petrol Subsidy by Demdem(m): 4:12pm On Apr 17, 2012
grin grin grin grin

What a clown. all these for me? Wonderful
Accursed, i pity ur Lineage. u all are doomed. Attend to the issues raised oga
Re: 69 Oil Marketers To Refund N241.247b Petrol Subsidy by otokx(m): 4:20pm On Apr 17, 2012
What a pity?
Re: 69 Oil Marketers To Refund N241.247b Petrol Subsidy by dominionangel: 4:26pm On Apr 17, 2012
pls can smone post the comprehensive list
Re: 69 Oil Marketers To Refund N241.247b Petrol Subsidy by Okijajuju1(m): 4:29pm On Apr 17, 2012
Demdem:

If Jonathan did not decide to take off the subsidy, you and your Occupy Nigeria friends would not have known that over 500 Billion Naira had been siphoned from the economy.

If Jonathan had not given a proper break down of the budget, you and your Occupy Nigeria friends would not have known about the 1 billion naira food budget for the President.

If the president hadnt alowed for the investigation of the pension scheme, you would not have known that there were Nigerians with 2 billion in cash sitting in their houses.

If s'hit is going south, you blame Jonathan. . Boko Haram and all is all Jonathan then when shit goes right, you remember the technicalities of the fact that Jonathan was/is not directly responsible for said achievment.

Negro please!!

1 Like

Re: 69 Oil Marketers To Refund N241.247b Petrol Subsidy by Demdem(m): 4:44pm On Apr 17, 2012
Okija_juju:

If Jonathan did not decide to take off the subsidy, you and your Occupy Nigeria friends would not have known that over 500 Billion Naira had been siphoned from the economy.

Even before he became the president, we all knew that rotten place called NNPC is stinking. he became president, it became worse and still rotting till date. probe of the subsidy regime has always been with us and not when the retardeen decided to take off subsidy. The subsidy removal forced peeps out and the house succumbed to pressure

If Jonathan had not given a proper break down of the budget, you and your Occupy Nigeria friends would not have known about the 1 billion naira food budget for the President.

Actually i credited him for this, i appreciate his openess about him and his household eating close or about this amount last fiscal year. kudos to the retardeen

If the president hadnt alowed for the investigation of the pension scheme, you would not have known that there were Nigerians with 2 billion in cash sitting in their houses.

What do u mean by saying allowed? Is the NASS no longer independent? i thought this is part of this govt proud notes? Did u see that Ngozi looking so dumb and clueless during the probe? all these atrocities (though didnt start from this govt)kept going on under her watch and yet we were promised transformation. It shows how incompetent this govt is who is deceiving who?

If s'hit is going south, you blame Jonathan. . Boko Haram and all is all Jonathan then when shit goes right, you remember the technicalities of the fact that Jonathan was/is not directly responsible for said achievment.

Look, i dont blame the retardeen when i ought to praise him. he has done few things right (example is telling me how much he spends on his food yearly) and my previous posts will show this. is just that his blunders simply outweighs his right decisions.

Negro please!!
Re: 69 Oil Marketers To Refund N241.247b Petrol Subsidy by Beaf: 4:46pm On Apr 17, 2012
^
Shon of Alhaji Lekan Retardeen!
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 69 Oil Marketers To Refund N241.247b Petrol Subsidy by Demdem(m): 4:47pm On Apr 17, 2012
^^^^

Accursed wassup
grin grin
Re: 69 Oil Marketers To Refund N241.247b Petrol Subsidy by 1025: 4:47pm On Apr 17, 2012
Why r some Nigerians always chasing shadow? GEJ personally mandated the Farouk led c'tee to probe the fuel subsidy charade and now that the report is out some ppl are trying to distract us frm d issue at stake all in the name of ETHNICITY!

@unlk,
i am from imo state but let the truth be told. how many committees has jonathan formed since he came to power? in all these, how many persons dey jail for corruption under this man. if not for the pension scam woman, how will u believe that committee members do ask for bribe?
u form committees, give them funds with different names, seating, drinking, sh.i.ting, looking and thinking allowances.
u wasted almost N100B printing papers in the name of voters'cards and now u want to make 40million permanent with N2.8B. who is fooling who?
why do u think the whole west african countries preffered the benin republic president to jonathan for ecowas chairman? why do u think i have been against Okonjo iweala winning the world bank position?
u can fool the foolish nigerians but it is a difficult thing to confuse the outside world.
those returning these funds now, are they different from those jonathan called untouchable cabals? how will the money change our lives or will it be john return money jonathan take money? where is the abacha loots?
Re: 69 Oil Marketers To Refund N241.247b Petrol Subsidy by Beaf: 4:49pm On Apr 17, 2012
Demdem: ^^^^

Accursed wassup
grin grin

Brother, who is that one beating the drums for the retardeen family? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Gege gu! Ge gu gu! Ge ge! grin grin grin

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/download/683289[/img]
Re: 69 Oil Marketers To Refund N241.247b Petrol Subsidy by Demdem(m): 4:51pm On Apr 17, 2012
Beaf:

Brother, who is that one beating the drums for the retardeen family? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Gege gu! Ge gu gu! Ge ge! grin grin grin

Actually Accursed, i dont know. It originated from u so u better enlighten us
The only retardeen i know is the kai-kai drinking fisherman who is our current president.
Re: 69 Oil Marketers To Refund N241.247b Petrol Subsidy by Beaf: 4:56pm On Apr 17, 2012
Demdem:

Actually Accursed, i dont know. It originated from u so u better enlighten us
The only retardeen i know is the kai-kai drinking fisherman who is our current president.
Is it your uncle Lekan Retardeen that you are abusing like that? Na wa o for the retardeen family! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 69 Oil Marketers To Refund N241.247b Petrol Subsidy by Demdem(m): 5:12pm On Apr 17, 2012
Beaf:
Is it your uncle Lekan Retardeen that you are abusing like that? Na wa o for the retardeen family! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Actually close to this. hope u understand now grin grin

Re: 69 Oil Marketers To Refund N241.247b Petrol Subsidy by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 17, 2012
Beaf no go use laugh kill person for here o. . .
Re: 69 Oil Marketers To Refund N241.247b Petrol Subsidy by hercules07: 7:25pm On Apr 17, 2012
The glory should go to the house if these funds are returned and GEJ and his people should cover their head in shame, they paid so much without proper accounting.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Glo Targets Corporate Clients With Managed Data Facility / Buhari may not be nigeria's president come may 29 / BOMB!!! Biafrexit: Osinbajo Is Less Than An Animal!, Kanu Thunders (video) LIVE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.