Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Deserves Credit In Some Major Fronts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Deserves Credit In Some Major Fronts (860 Views)

Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) / Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS / WASC Results: Buhari's 'excellent' In Igbo, 'credit' In Hausa Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Deserves Credit In Some Major Fronts by nduchucks: 2:20pm On Apr 17, 2012
I have to admit that, in the short time that GEJ has been president, he has taken some very impressive steps towards making our country better. Though I believe that he contributed to the Boko Haram menace and the security threat posed by BH, GEJ has shown that he may be inching towards being one of the best Presidents we’ve had in the past few years (given the sorry performance of past Presidents, this should be easy to achieve)

For me, GEJ scored major points when he began the construction of 400 Almajiri schools across the country. He’ll score a hat trick if he promotes legislation and forces NASS to pass same, which would mandate primary school education throughout the country. Parents who do not comply should face imprisonment and/or heavy fines.

Another area which has been neglected by previous Presidents is Agriculture. OBJ, who saw the enormous profit potential of that area, shamefully built the great Ota farm for his personal gains, instead of promoting such across the country.
I lamented in a thread a few days ago that

We have a large cotton belt but import textiles from China (thus keeping their subsidized factories open and jobs in china).

We are the world's number one producer of cassava but import cassava starch from Europe.

We have a huge tomato belt in Kadawa, Jigawa and Chad Basin but are the world's largest importer of tomato paste - from China and Italy.

We can produce rice but we import rice from Thailand and India-most of it from grain reserves that have been in stock for over 5 years.

and I asked whether people know of any plans GEJ has to address the issues. Responses varied from, “you cannot achieve any manufacturing wins without constant power” to “get lost you are ignorant” in addition to others which include “Constant power will help, but its unavailability should not hold us back”.

Well it turns out that GEJ and his team along with some state governments are already implementing plans to address some of the concerns I raised.

Nasarawa state has just pledged to support a $90 million investment projected to be Africa’s largest rice farm established by Olam Nigeria Limited. The farm will cover 10,000 hectares of fully irrigated commercial farm in Rukubi-Ondorie area of Doma in Nasarawa State. More Details Here

The question then becomes, how is this possible, in Nigeria where we do not have constant power supply and how will the resulting processing plants survive? The answer to this question is my second reason for giving credit to GEJ and his administration.

To support this new commercial farm, the federal government has pledged to resuscitate Abandoned Dams including the Doma dam which will support the said rice farm and others.

2000 hectares of land had been developed for sprinkler irrigation at Doma, and the funds for the purchase of pumps, generator and pipes had stalled the completion work on the irrigation project. GEJ has now pledged funding of the dam and many other dams across the country. See Report On President’s Pledge Here

As far as the doma dam is concerned, a consultant has already been chosen to understudy the electricity generation capacity of the dam and would soon be on site to commence work

For the above activities, I say, Thank you sir, Ndu_Chucks wishes you success in the implementation of these activities.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Deserves Credit In Some Major Fronts by karlmax2: 4:13pm On Apr 17, 2012
^^^^hahahaha I remember during the election how Ʊ and some other buharist called him clueless.just wait till 2015 you would be clamouring for him to do another 4 years.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Deserves Credit In Some Major Fronts by nduchucks: 2:03pm On Dec 26, 2012
I'd like to add that GEJ also deserves some credit for recent activities in the Power sector.

I wish our President great success in implementing his announced projects and in defeating BH and the foreign warriors who have invaded our country .
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Deserves Credit In Some Major Fronts by koruji(m): 4:03pm On Dec 26, 2012
Even a bad clock is right twice a day.
This half-done stuff is what you call "major"?
There is no doubt that some of GEJ's ministers are good and yes he deserves some credit for that.
The real issue is the man himself - when he has completed even this meagre things let us know!!!

(1) (Reply)

Owerri Indigenes Protest Land Acquisition By Imo Govt / Nigeria To Send Astronauts Aloft By 2015 / T. A. Orji Signed An MOU With Globim Monorail Of Canada For A System In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.