Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,173 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) (18491 Views)

Abubakar Audu Is Dead - Sahara Reporters / Abubakar Audu Wins Kogi Governorship Election / APC Cheiftain Calls For Suspension Of The Constitution To Enable Buhari Perform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) by Mogidi: 11:40am On May 10, 2015
[size=15pt]The post-election prize Jonathan deserves – Abubakar Audu[/size]

Even though he is a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, he still sees good in what outgoing President Goodluck Jonathan did on the heels of the March 28 presidential election. According to him, had Jonathan behaved like some Africa leaders and refused to concede defeat, Nigeria would have boiled. But his swift telephone call to the winner of the March 28 presidential election, now president-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari, to congratulate him even before the results were officially announced by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, brought peace. For that, a former governor of Kogi State, Prince Abubakar Audu, amongst other things in this interview, says Jonathan deserves the Nobel Prize for Peace.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/the-post-election-prize-jonathan-deserves-abubakar-audu/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) by Mogidi: 11:41am On May 10, 2015
Buhari contested 3 elections
He rejected results of those 3 elections
He went to court 3 times after those 3 elections
Gej contested 2 elections, lost 1 and congratulated the winner before the finale results were declared.

[size=15pt]Meanwhile in other parts of Africa this week:[/size]
Burundian President vows to contest for third term.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) by wachakuta(m): 11:44am On May 10, 2015
He deserves to be d president of d world

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) by thinkdip(m): 11:47am On May 10, 2015
t
Re: Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) by Mogidi: 11:47am On May 10, 2015
[size=15pt]Burundi President registers to run for third term despite clashes [/size]

(CNN)Burundi's President has registered to run for a third term, defying protesters who've taken to the streets over his bid to stay in office.

Deadly protests have hit the nation since last month as President Pierre Nkurunziza seeks to extend his 10-year rule.

The President has a two-term limit as part of an agreement that helped end Burundi's ethnic civil war. Critics say his planned run violates the constitution.

The election commission confirmed Friday that Nkurunziza has officially registered to run in next month's election.

Burundi's constitutional court ruled this week that he is eligible because he was picked by parliament, not elected by people, during his first term.

At least seven candidates have registered for the presidential race. Among them is prominent opposition leader Agathon Rwasa, who had helped lead rebel fighters in the country's 1993-2003 civil war.

Street battles

As clashes between police and protesters have raged, the international community has urged both sides to refrain from violence.

They have not complied, with the clashes sending an alarming flow of refugees to neighboring nations.

Already, 50,000 refugees have streamed into the Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania and Rwanda, half of them in the latter nation, according to the United Nations.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) by ramdris(m): 11:51am On May 10, 2015
Nobel prize when he has brought the country to her knees?. He lost an election n he did the needful, how does that make him a hero?. Nobel prize when over 200 Chibok girls are out there, when corruption strives with impunity?. GEJ to me still remains everything wrong with a president. We have never had it this bad. Thank God we made d right choice voting him out.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) by gwales: 11:51am On May 10, 2015
Nobel prize my foot

27 Likes

Re: Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) by Mogidi: 11:54am On May 10, 2015
[size=15pt]Biya rated Africa’s leading "sit-tight" president[/size]
President Paul Biya has been rated Africa’s longest serving leader, after Teodoro Obiang Nguema of Equatorial Guinea that rose to power in 1979.

The rating is contained in an article in the US authoritative newspaper, The Washington Post, published on the eve of the 32nd anniversary of the President’s accession to power last Tuesday, November 04.

The article titled: “The World Leaders who just won’t Step Down” is by-lined by the foreign affairs correspondent of the newspaper, Adams Taylor. To the American newspaper, Biya is among the African Presidents who are scheming to eternalise their stay in power.

On Thursday, November 6, Biya Clocked exactly 11,712 days in power (32 years). It was on November 04, 1982 that Cameroon’s first post-independence President, Ahmadou Ahidjo, resigned and handed over power to his Prime Minister, Paul Biya.

Political observers hold that Biya who promised to give Cameroon a veneer of democracy, rigour and moralisation, suddenly metamorphosed into a full-fledged dictator, after the failed coup d’etat of April 6, 1984. Since then, critics have described the New Deal apostle as a dictator in democratic garments.

Foreign policy, a magazine published by The Washington Post, described Biya as a sit-tight President who has amassed excessive wealth to the tune of 200,000 US dollars (CFAF100 billion) and the mansions that go with it.

In a rating of 40 dictatorial leaders in the world, the Magazine qualifies Biya as the 23rd worst dictator on earth. It equally stigmatises Cameroon’s president for virtually disarming the opposition by way of election rigging. “Biya has co-opted the opposition into complete submission. Not that he is worried about elections; he has rigged the lawful term limit twice to make sure that the party does not end anytime soon,” partly reads the article by a Ghanaian journalist cum economist, George B. N. Ayittey.

The article pours scorn on Cameroon’s octogenarian president for changing the constitution of his country in 2008 to eternalise his stay in power. Since the beginning of the Biya regime, the article points out, Cameroonians have never known free, fair and transparent elections, adding that the elections management body, Elections Cameroon, ELECAM is made up of cohorts of the ruling CPDM party.

While commenting on the articles published in The Washington Post, the Secretary General of the main opposition party, the Social Democratic Front, SDF, Dr Elizabeth Tamajong, said the facts were a faithful rendition of what president Biya has been doing in over three decades. She said the reign of the New Deal has been bleak.

She recalled that it was during the New Deal regime that Cameroon was disgraced twice as the world champion of corruption. She went on to say, Cameroon, a Country endowed with enormous natural and human resources, was qualified a heavily indebted poor country during the New Deal Regime. She buttressed claims by the French Media which said while Cameroon was sinking deep in the abyss of poverty,

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) by Nobody: 11:55am On May 10, 2015
Before I comment let me hail

BUHARI my HERO!
AMEACHI my ROLE MODEL!!
FASHOLA my GUY!!!

God bless Nairaland.

Finally, I respect the outgoing president Goodluck Jonathan, despite the short comings in his administration. For allowing smooth transition,He deserves the award.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) by Mogidi: 11:58am On May 10, 2015
Jklue007:
Begore I comment let me hail

BUHARI my HERO!
AMEACHI my ROLE MODEL!!
FASHOLA my GUY!!!

God bless Nairaland.

Finally, I respect the outgoing president Goodluck Jonathan, despite the short comings in his administration. For allowing smooth transition,He deserves the award.

Am hoping he gets it too.

cc: lalasticlala, Ishilove, obinoscopy, seun

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) by Nobody: 11:58am On May 10, 2015
ok abubakar audu, go and give him the Nobel award. Case closed

15 Likes

Re: Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 10, 2015
I hate having Heroes but I will have to give it to GEJ for altering the political landscape with his great sportmanship.

GEj is now my HERO and Fayose is my Machiavelli

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) by Mogidi: 12:12pm On May 10, 2015
[size=18pt]The Democrat[/size]
Gej contested 2 elections, lost 1 and congratulated the winner before the finale results were declared.

[size=18pt]The not-so-democratic[/size]
1.Buhari contested 3 elections
2.He rejected results of those 3 elections
3.He went to court 3 times after those 3 elections

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) by Kasiem2: 12:17pm On May 10, 2015
Confession time don reach o. Make apc no pursue u comot

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) by Bekwarra(m): 12:17pm On May 10, 2015
Hmnnnn
Re: Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) by Mogidi: 12:19pm On May 10, 2015
Oga barcanista,
Haven't heard from you for several days?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) by themilanway(m): 12:22pm On May 10, 2015
He can win the champions league if he likes just glad that he ceases to be my president after May 29.

Never again will he govern Nigeria.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 10, 2015
Babangida annuled credible election

Obasanjo conducted 2 fraudulent elections and even wanted to go for an unconstitutional 3rd term.

Buhari's supporters sent over 1000 people to their early deaths in 2011 because Buhari lost.

Buhari's team made it clear that "should election be rigged, they won't go to court but will form parallel government".

Buhari accepted the 2015 results despite the fact that there was cleaaaaaaaaaaaar case of Almajiri kids voting for him. All because he was declared winner.

Despite the electoral skimish in the North, incumbent Jonathan had to accept the result because "his ambition is not worth the blood of anybody".

Truly, Jonathan is the only Democratic President Nigeria has ever produced. He's a complete gentleman and a Man of Peace.

He deserves the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize.

101 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 10, 2015
Trash talk. He should have behaved like Gbagbo,and face the consequences. Nobel Price is not just being dished out anyhow. Recipients must deserve it.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 10, 2015
Mogidi:
Oga barcanista,
Haven't heard from you for several days?
My boss I de fine o. How you de na?

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) by Mogidi: 12:25pm On May 10, 2015
barcanista:

Obasanjo conducted 2 fraudulent elections and even wanted to go for an unconstitutional 3rd term.

Buhari's supporters sent over 1000 people to their early deaths in 2011 because Buhari lost.

Buhari's team made it clear that "should election be rigged, they won't go to court but will form parallel government".

Buhari accepted the 2015 results despite the fact that there was cleaaaaaaaaaaaar case of Almajiri kids voting for him. All because he was declared winner.

Despite the electoral skimish in the North, incumbent Jonathan had to accept the result because "his ambition is not worth the blood of anybody".

Truly, Jonathan is the only Democratic President Nigeria has ever produced. He's a complete gentleman and a Man of Peace.

[size=15pt]GBAM[/size]
Barcanista, the ever erudite scholar of our time, carry go.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) by Mogidi: 12:29pm On May 10, 2015
Omotolu:
Trash talk. He should have behaved like Gbagbo,and face the consequences. Nobel Price is not just being dished out anyhow. Recipients must deserve it.

Trash talk, really?
The plea for "Nobel Peace Award" for GEJ is from APC chieftain from up North.

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) by Mogidi: 12:30pm On May 10, 2015
barcanista:
My boss I de fine o. How you de na?

I dey Kamkpe

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) by disumusa: 12:30pm On May 10, 2015
Gej can not cause anything proble, unless he wanted jail his from minority

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) by Mogidi: 12:36pm On May 10, 2015
disumusa:
Gej can not cause anything proble, unless he wanted jail his from minority

It didn't occur to you GEJ had the apparatus of state at his disposal, the army, the Police etc are under whose command?

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) by obi4eze(m): 12:52pm On May 10, 2015
barcanista:

Mr Hypocrite shut up! Go and wake Mandela up and ask him what he did to get the award and you will know that Jonathan did nothing. Was he the first to concede? What about Kenneth Kaunda? Jonathan has been sent to where he belongs and we want to forget his clueless regime and focus on the Incoming Government. He deserves the award of the Most Clueless President of the Decade. I will laugh at you because he won't even get nominated.

And why didn't you mention Gen Abdulsalam Abubakar who midwifed the democracy that saw Obasanjo become President?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) by Chimarto: 1:04pm On May 10, 2015
Audu lost to Ibrahim just as GEJ lost to GMB

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) by stevebond007(m): 1:05pm On May 10, 2015
He deserves a nomination, or a mention...not the award. His exploits are not to strong for the award.
Kudos to him though!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 10, 2015
grin grin grin.

We thank God the election did not descend into violence (except for a few incidents in some parts of the country....but let's not talk about that, shall we?).

The only way I would say that we have free and fair election is when we do not need the Army to maintain security.

Anyway....it isn't GEJ or Buhari that would guarantee free and fair and peaceful elections....it is NIGERIANS accepting defeat and refusing to go out and burn down things and maim life and limb when ''their'' candidate loses.(And FYI....I am not just addressing the perps of the 2011 election violence).

Ultimately....we have to get rid of the idea that our son not getting into office means that we will get underdeveloped. (Really? What are your governors there for? Decoration?).

Nigerians need to really really want free and fair elections.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) by omenka(m): 1:06pm On May 10, 2015
Lmao!! cheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) by Henrypraise: 1:07pm On May 10, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Latest Boko Haram Killings Barbaric, Says Buhari / Nigerian Troops Ambushed And Killed 2 Fleeing Terrorists (photo) / Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.