Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

What Is The True Population Of The Ijwas. Please I Don't Want Falsified Figures. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The True Population Of The Ijwas. Please I Don't Want Falsified Figures. (739 Views)

Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 / Key Figures In Buhari’s New Cabinet And Profiles / Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The True Population Of The Ijwas. Please I Don't Want Falsified Figures. by ibrahimdoc: 7:54am On Apr 18, 2012
The ijaws claim they are the fourth largest ethnic group which i so much doubt. The reason is that i am a well traveled person and if the ijaws are as many as they claim, how come i have never seen an ijaw man both home and abroad, i only here of them and probably see some of them in TV but i have not come in contact with any of them in real life. I have been to all goe political zones in the country and i have met virtually all the people of different tribes such as yoruba, igbo, anag and ibibio, ijala, idoma, edo, bini, name it but i have never seen an ijaw man with my eyes, the last time i went to PH most people i came in contact with are igbos with some hausas and few yorubas. Please where can one see an ijaw man?? are they mostly within their enclave?? do they travel at all. How can they claim to be the fourth largest ethnic group in Nigeria and yet you can hardly see them and notice them. I am really thinking that they are one of the smallest minorities in Nigeria, please correct me if i am wrong.
Re: What Is The True Population Of The Ijwas. Please I Don't Want Falsified Figures. by aljharem(m): 7:59am On Apr 18, 2012
ibrahimdoc: The ijaws claim they are the fourth largest ethnic group which i so much doubt. The reason is that i am a well traveled person and if the ijaws are as many as they claim, how come i have never seen an ijaw man both home and abroad, i only here of them and probably see some of them in TV but i have not come in contact with any of them in real life. I have been to all goe political zones in the country and i have met virtually all the people of different tribes such as yoruba, igbo, anag and ibibio, ijala, idoma, edo, bini, name it but i have never seen an ijaw man with my eyes, the last time i went to PH most people i came in contact with are igbos with some hausas and few yorubas. Please where can one see an ijaw man?? are they mostly within their enclave?? do they travel at all. How can they claim to be the fourth largest ethnic group in Nigeria and yet you can hardly see them and notice them. I am really thinking that they are one of the smallest minorities in Nigeria, please correct me if i am wrong.

Sorry sir but you lied there

Going to Port harcourt you would find one of the highest concentration of Ijaws so i don't know where you went to in Port harcourt.

Also How does the Ijaw figures affect the price of garri ?
Re: What Is The True Population Of The Ijwas. Please I Don't Want Falsified Figures. by ibrahimdoc: 8:20am On Apr 18, 2012
Thanks Alj harem, but you did not tell me their population.
Re: What Is The True Population Of The Ijwas. Please I Don't Want Falsified Figures. by Afam4eva(m): 8:24am On Apr 18, 2012
Ijaws are scarce i must tell you except you go to port-hacourt but even in PH, you come in contact with more Igbos(not ikwerre) than Ijaws. Just go to Bayelsa and you will be out out of your missery.

About their population, Ijaws can't be more than four million.
Re: What Is The True Population Of The Ijwas. Please I Don't Want Falsified Figures. by aljharem(m): 8:27am On Apr 18, 2012
afam4eva: Ijaws are scarce i must tell you except you go to port-hacourt but even in PH, you come in contact with more Igbos(not ikwerre) than Ijaws. Just go to Bayelsa and you will be out out of your missery.

About their population, Ijaws can't be more than four million.

I hope you know same could be said of the Igbo and yoruba claiming 35 and 40 million respectively ?

If the Ijaws are 4 million then Igbos and Yorubas cannot, I repeat cannot be more than 10-15 on each side.

Just saying

(1) (Reply)

Russia Scrap The LADA: Read Britons' Gags About The LADA / Ibori's Conviction Might Enter Guiness Book Of World Record / LP And ACN Trade Violence In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.