Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,231 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

Are You The First Born In Your Family? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You The First Born In Your Family? (8220 Views)

Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? / Twins Born In Spain Joined Hands After Birth / Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You The First Born In Your Family? by Scopium: 7:14pm On Nov 07, 2007
[size=13pt]Can I get a witness here. If you are a first born just holla back here.[/size]
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by DisGuy: 1:35am On Nov 08, 2007
first and last cheesy
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by slitty: 9:09am On Nov 08, 2007
first
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by efuah(f): 11:14am On Nov 08, 2007
yeah, first and last. last on father's side, first on mother's side wink
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by ikamefa(f): 3:20am On Nov 09, 2007
i ain't the 1st and i ain't the last grin

am some where in the middle doing ma thing! grin
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by olanajim(m): 10:50pm On Nov 09, 2007
What do you want to do with first borns? Any positive issue? I am first, what is the big deal?

Being first is a burden and a challenge.

1 Like

Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by mukina2: 1:49pm On Nov 10, 2007
I am the first born last born cheesy
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 11, 2007
4th out of 5.
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by almondjoy(f): 2:09pm On Nov 11, 2007
Yes!----Ist of 6-------------4 brothers and 1 sister. I rule them all! cool
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 11, 2007
almondjoy:

Yes!----Ist of 6-------------4 brothers and 1 sister. I rule them all! cool

Grrrrrrr!!! angry Trust you to be ahead! grin kiss
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by almondjoy(f): 4:00pm On Nov 11, 2007
Siena:

Grrrrrrr!!! angry Trust you to be ahead! grin kiss

Sorry baby---but you are ma "king" any day. So have no worries! kiss
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by olanajim(m): 5:17am On Nov 12, 2007
Now that we have first people here can you guys discuss issues affecting first borns? Both negatives and positives. Let see if ideas can be shared and experiences compared.
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by olanajim(m): 5:31am On Nov 12, 2007
For instance, being first born requires playing leadership role especially if you are from a large family. This is not a problem if you have parents that groom you for that role. But some parents are careless about first borns especially when they are poor at the on set.

The following are of important when studying firstborns:

1. They are born often while parents are inexperience about child raring,
2. They are often born without silverspoon or at the twilight of their parents' financial stability,
3. They are in most cases victims of unplanned pregnancies. That the couple marry eventually is a relief. Unfortunately many are subjected to pain of suffering for being born,
Let set it rolling and delibrate the challenges facing them past and present.
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by Kayhell(m): 4:31pm On Nov 12, 2007
Talking about the issue of first born, i can't say much but i will add the lil i have seen and observed cos i happen to be a third.

you people shouldn't really have a bias approach towards this thread, although it's true that their is alot of task assingned to being a first born, but at the same time i believe in a level headed family(no offence to anyone) the parents should be capable of impacting the same level of discipline and nuturing to the others irrespective of they being the 1st, 2nd or last.

If am to use my family as the case study here, i have 2 big brothers and yet if i must confess to you, i find it difficult to relate with my age group cos their level of thinking and approach to things in life is way below my capability, it seems as if i am being brawn back.my closest pal is 5 years older than i do and it all balls down to upbringing. since i've been consious of living my folks have been the type that keeps tagging me along with whatever my big brovas are into, their ain't anything like he's still a kid(although, i can ask for a better childhood). i mean, till date my dad use to acknowledge that "kid, you've known more than you should for your age". it's not as if the 1st is still not the leader, but it gets to a stage in a leaders life that before he leads, his followers already knows what he has in mind.
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by Busta(f): 4:46pm On Nov 12, 2007
2nd outta 4
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by olanajim(m): 7:20pm On Nov 12, 2007
Kayhell,
while agreeing with you, I need to let you know that being first born isn't about leadership alone. You can't take away the fact that this crop of people are often exposed to both negative and positive value system. Being in the middle mean being in comfort zone. You compare them at all for many reasons.

One thing about first borns is that, they are first for better or for worst.
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 12, 2007
olanajim:

One thing about first borns is that, they are first for better or for worst.

I can't agree less with you man! You've said it all.  winkHey, I'm not a first born. . .guess I'm last child of 5 grin. I enjoy that position and I'm still utilizing it very well. trust me wink
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by olanajim(m): 10:10pm On Nov 12, 2007
First born and last born are special because of their position, they can't hid like the middle men.

They also shares some traits together. I think parents made them all!
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by cgift(m): 12:44pm On Nov 13, 2007
Omo, i b first. Bin first no be beans at all.

My challenges for instance:

You must (as much as God gives you grace) provide exemplary leadership, support heaviliy financially especially where parents are not bouyant enough for fees etc. Live life with good morals if you want your siblings to have a positive reference to you.

Its all fun as you see your siblings also grow under your influence to become something in life.

Moreover, that position is largely spiritual and of utmost importance to God.
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by finekid(m): 10:41pm On Nov 13, 2007
First! cool
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by ifyalways(f): 1:28am On Nov 14, 2007
first and only gal. grin wink cheesy
enjoyment galore for me !
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by toxxybit: 4:58pm On Nov 15, 2007
i think CGIFT is rite,b/cuz being a 1st born is nt and easy task while?,alot of responsibilities  are there 4 u and must work harder to keep the name of the family.
Cheer up ma fellow 1st born.ssssssssssssssssssssss
Never allow ur wife to misdirect u,as in taken care of ur siblings.
thanks
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by atutupoyo(f): 1:51am On Nov 17, 2007
Am The First,
Comes with responsibities U have to take care of ur younger ones, see they are doing things right and well cos they mess up u are in for it. Live right cos u are the example.
But its fun.
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by wendymanda: 5:17am On Nov 20, 2007
The first of four and the responsiblity is,
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by Scopium: 8:36am On Nov 20, 2007
olanajim:

Now that we have first people here can you guys discuss issues affecting first borns? Both negatives and positives. Let see if ideas can be shared and experiences compared.

[size=13pt]I like that. First thing first, being first born is like being a super hero so many responsibilities abound. Whether you are fly or dry you must face them. I'm having my own share of responsibilities right now. We are six, the 5th born is always sending me encouraging text messages. I love her so much for that. But, she can also kill my battery with terrible flashing I warned her for that, lucky me she STOPPED it.[/size]
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by jkpretty(f): 8:37am On Nov 20, 2007
Yes o

I'm third, & i'm loving being in dat middle grin grin

@all first borns
I don't envy u guys at all, yes o, u may set exemplary characters, but think o, we watch u make mistakes, but u know what? we never make the mistakes y'all make, we tap from ur intelligence/bright ideas & add to ours, which makes double. tongue grin
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by ndubest(m): 8:38am On Nov 20, 2007
Hurray!!!!! and shout out!!!!! to all the LAST BORNS
But its not so fun depending on your family
peace
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by Scopium: 8:53am On Nov 20, 2007
yeah, first and last. last on father's side, first on mother's side

[size=13pt]You are one of a two of a kind. BEST OF BOTH WORLDS! grin grin[/size]
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by Emperoh(m): 8:58am On Nov 20, 2007
The two girls pursue me out my mums womb when I started shorting their food ration and taking up the space meant for 3 just for myself. Na im come make 1/3. Avec deux soeurs.
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by sylvex(f): 9:07am On Nov 20, 2007
I'm 1st and u know what that means? RESPONSIBILITIES, living up to your parents expectation. Most times it can be so sickening being in charge of things and it can be fun at the same time when scolding my siblings, making them understand they have to follow suit and above all helping, advising and cautioning them so they wont do some silly mistakes like we do. It's fun to be one and it takes the Special Grace of God to wear that crown (or don't you know , being a 1st born is like being a King/Queen)! wink
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by muziekpedi: 9:16am On Nov 20, 2007
Yes the firs one
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by DonGotti(m): 9:43am On Nov 20, 2007
I am first in a family of six, its quite challenging. God go see us through o! and yes, the Flashing is very annoying!!! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong / A Father's Case Against Breast-feeding / Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.