Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,199 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Are You The First Born In Your Family? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You The First Born In Your Family? (8241 Views)

Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? / Twins Born In Spain Joined Hands After Birth / Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by Millena(m): 11:12pm On Dec 05, 2007
1st and only guy!
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by Ajike: 9:54am On Dec 12, 2007
I am the first with a lot of bukatas wink Meeeeeen is not easy ooo
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by Perle(f): 2:47pm On Dec 12, 2007
first
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by pheesayor(m): 10:06pm On Dec 15, 2007
6th of dad, 1st of mum. I think previous posters have said it all. Being the first isnt easy but one has to make sacrifices for others
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by playmate(f): 10:50pm On Dec 16, 2007
yep.a greeeeeeat burden,bt i enjoy d freebies wink cool
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by Emad(f): 10:37am On Jan 22, 2008
first from the bottom,
well i suppose this trend is not really for me
tongue
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by segunpc(m): 2:17pm On Jan 23, 2008
kai me too b first and the thing comes with a lot of responsibilities.

i believe there is something spiritual about bein g first.

so first born needs a lot of prayers o.
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by tlops(m): 6:11pm On Mar 01, 2008
I am the youngest, but the first born, huh shocked
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by uspry1(f): 6:26pm On Mar 01, 2008
I am the first born of two girls, female, deaf in my whole family who are hearing - - -all of them.

I am talented and gifted child---computer age while my family are old-fashioned christianity rural age---still lags far behind in computer technology world. They all always depend on me when their computer shut down.

Not easy to grow up as a deaf child in all my hearing family.
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by adaone(f): 6:29pm On Mar 01, 2008
ada_one wink, the name says it all baby! lol
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 01, 2008
@post
yepp yepp yepp. . .
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by Scopium: 3:16pm On Mar 14, 2008
segunpc:

kai me too b first and the thing comes with a lot of responsibilities.

i believe there is something spiritual about bein g first.

so first born needs a lot of prayers o.

[size=13pt]What do you mean by that? Can you shed more light on that.[/size]
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by bollingjoe(m): 5:36pm On Mar 14, 2008
I'm my parents first which gives me some priviledges but the cache is dat it comes wit responsibility and expectations if u know wat i mean
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by TOYOSI20(f): 10:21pm On Mar 14, 2008
@ Topic,

Yes I am, and I'm loving ever bit of it, kiss

Don't have any sister either, wink wink
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by Scopium: 3:33pm On Mar 16, 2008
TOYOSI20:

@ Topic,

Yes I am, and I'm loving ever bit of it, kiss

Don't have any sister either, wink wink

[size=13pt]Can I be your sister? undecided undecided wink wink[/size]
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by toyintiwal(m): 9:34pm On Mar 16, 2008
am the only boy and the last born in the family of eight girls. they name me Inumidun (meaning, we are all happy), but people call me wale, okanlawon, olumuyiwa, adebowale, but all the same, am facing alot of challenges, i mean is a burden being a first born, lol, whatz ur suggestions, waleONE
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by bluesky4(f): 9:37pm On Mar 16, 2008
toyintiwal:

am the only boy and the last born in the family of eight girls. they name me Inumidun (meaning, we are all happy), but people call me wale, okanlawon, olumuyiwa, adebowale, but all the same, am facing alot of challenges, i mean is a burden being a[b] first born[/b], lol, whatz your suggestions, waleONE

make your mind up, are u first or last
che, 8 girls, must be hell shocked

at OP:
I am not the first born, im the 3rd out of 4, but the only girl so spoilt rotten!
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by TOYOSI20(f): 6:52am On Mar 17, 2008
Scopium:

LOL. . . , . . . . . . . . . , . . . . . . . , . . . . , .

Sureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, grin I have lots and lots of clothes and shoes for u tongue
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by acidrop(f): 6:56am On Mar 17, 2008
yess oooooooooo, 1st born here
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by Nobody: 11:57am On Mar 17, 2008
Thank goodness i'm not. last born here n' enjoyin every minute of it.
Everyone pays tithe to moi. tongue cheesy
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by kolaoloye(m): 12:10pm On Mar 17, 2008
Thank God - I AM THE FIRST BORN wink
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by ula(f): 10:48am On Aug 04, 2008
hi
im the 1st 0f 6. im really enjoying it, the responsibility and that my younger ones are learning 4rm me.

cheers
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by Moyola(f): 10:54am On Aug 04, 2008
4st!!! wink
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by Afribiz(f): 1:14pm On Aug 04, 2008
Scopium:

A male sister? Scopium you must be very funny.
@ Toyosi,
Don't mind him jare, i'm in a better position to be your sister lol.
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by teeice(f): 6:03pm On Feb 28, 2009
I am the first child for my parents and the first grandchild on my maternal side. it can be fun being first but the responsibilies can weigh you down.
Now i have to start talking about boyfriends with my little sisters and how my dad would kill them if they made the terrible mistake of getting pregnant. lol.
I now say to them "you have to study hard ooo so that yuou will not waste my money"
braaaap to all first borns, its fun
laters u'all
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by prittigrrr(f): 11:32pm On Feb 28, 2009
1st born--second 2 none. Often imitated never duplicated!
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by dayokanu(m): 4:35am On Mar 01, 2009
1st born here e no easy at all,

A lot is expected of you. At age 7 I was expected to take care of my younger ones when I am still a baby myself.

My father had a template of how he wanted me to be in life. He had the career he wanted me to follow. I had no choice but to be a science student because thats what my dad wanted. I cant imagine our last born studying arts because i wasnt given that choice.

I was beaten a lot as the first born compared to my other siblings I can imagine my dad telling our last born to go out and play when during my own time if he saw me playing na flogging.

If my dad enters he must see me with a physics/chemistry textbook else na wahala. I must always be top of my class.

my Dad had a theory on how to raise children and I was the guinea pig whom he tried all his ideas on and he was succesful cos I was beaten into shape. When he tried it with my other siblings, he was not that succesful

When I started working I had to settle my siblings by the side. I knew what they needed and couldnt tell my parents like i want to change my phone, i want to buy latest dresses and my bro wanting to trip his girlfriends all fell on me as they cant tell my parents that.

When i give them money we would all agree not to disclose the exact amount to my parents so  they wont cut down on their allowance.

1st born dey challenging
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by samparian(m): 4:45am On Mar 01, 2009
1st born no easy at all o.
It entails a lot of sacrifices, responsibilities and ofcourse, respect.
I'm the first son and child in a royal family and i'm enjoying the benefits that come with it, though the responsibilities too much, but its fun. grin
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by teeice(f): 3:24pm On Mar 02, 2009
OK guys now that we know how challenging being first child can be, how about we share experiences.
Can anymore share the Good and Bad things that have happened to them as the first child
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by MadMax1(f): 1:11pm On Mar 03, 2009
First born. Four great younger brothers. Love being first born o.  As kids you did as I said or it was Total Annihilation.Don't mind the responsibility so much, though if you're a first born you'll soon notice your parents push more responsibility on you than you'd like.
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by hayaorbah: 1:17pm On Aug 08, 2014
Pls I know this is coming late buh I nid a reasonably answer to this. What about when the first born feels he/she must have a particular responsibility to take on u even wen both of u are on d same level. For examples she's a graduate d second born too is a graduate n she's still feels she will still take responsibility on u because she's d first born. N she doesn't give room for u to enjoy anything except her alone before d next person will be settle. She alwais want to be d first in everything. Is it right? And it happens dat d mother alwais like to talk to second born rather than d first born.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When The Right One Loves You Right. / Would You Prefer To Know The Gender Of Your Baby Before Giving Birth? / My Husband Said I Eat Like A Thief I Need To Prove Him Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.