Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,532 members, 7,958,627 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:01 PM

Are You The First Born In Your Family? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You The First Born In Your Family? (8362 Views)

Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? / Twins Born In Spain Joined Hands After Birth / Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by olanajim(m): 11:22pm On Nov 21, 2007
Okay, we get enough firstborns here.

What are the challenges? What are the positives and negative implications?

Personally, I learn alot from my parents by virtue of being first. I know things other don't know. As we grow up, it happen that our parents also advance in age. Naturally, the first born had to start helping out in checking the juniors. I don't tolerate nuissance and I am not a dictator either. We are all free but at times, you would be needed to solve a problem.

Unfortunately, I know someone who is equally a first born but can best be described as "AGBAYA"! The parents married by force after "accidental discharge" arising from their illicit romance. They have to arrange emergency wedding to consumate the good news. Sadly, the glaring disaffection between the couple was passed on to the firstborn. The couple eventually make it up and have other kids. The firstborn is a waste! The other kids get to reap from their parents new found love while the firstborn live useless life.

The above illustrates how first born can themselves be vulnerable.
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by olanajim(m): 11:23pm On Nov 21, 2007
Okay, we get enough firstborns here.

What are the challenges? What are the positives and negative implications?

Personally, I learn alot from my parents by virtue of being first. I know things other don't know. As we grow up, it happen that our parents also advance in age. Naturally, the first born had to start helping out in checking the juniors. I don't tolerate nuissance and I am not a dictator either. We are all free but at times, you would be needed to solve a problem.

Unfortunately, I know someone who is equally a first born but can best be described as "AGBAYA"! The parents married by force after "accidental discharge" arising from their illicit romance. They have to arrange emergency wedding to consumate the good news. Sadly, the glaring disaffection between the couple was passed on to the firstborn. The couple eventually make it up and have other kids. The firstborn is a waste! The other kids get to reap from their parents new found love while the firstborn live useless life.

The above illustrates how first born can themselves be vulnerable.
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by ONOSEN(f): 11:25am On Nov 22, 2007
cheesy Yep I am . Whats up?
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by lifegal(f): 1:08pm On Nov 22, 2007
am the 1st of 3 children being the first born is not easy at alllllllllllll.
especially when u are a lady.
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by Scopium: 3:10pm On Nov 22, 2007
lifegal:

am the 1st of 3 children being the first born is not easy at alllllllllllll.
especially when u are a lady.
[size=13pt]It's never easy both ways, Gentleman or a Lady.[/size]
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by alisigwe(m): 6:04pm On Nov 22, 2007
yes,homies beign the first child could be very challenging,they alwayz want u to succed in everything u do,always want u to be super human and all that,now i want to make it ryhming,though ma pupssy aint said nth yet,but i know deep in his mind he's somehow hopeless amd wondering if i am ever gonn make it rhyming,but i dont care,i 'llfollow my heart,though i've been offered admission to study law,still i can never 4get rpp,so make them fall 4 toilet if they no like am.
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by adelola(m): 6:36pm On Nov 22, 2007
Being the first born will guarrante you a lot of opportunities:

YOU WILL BECOME WISER BECAUSE ALL THE ELDERS WILL BE LOOKING UP TO YOU FOr MAJOR DECISIONS REGARDING YOUR FAMILY,

E.T.C
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by dsinteract(m): 8:13pm On Nov 22, 2007
I am the first & i tell u,e no easy @ all.
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by UNLEASHED(m): 7:12pm On Nov 23, 2007
And If I am? wetin dey?
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by gatekeeper: 12:10am On Nov 24, 2007
if we have to  psycho analyse it i guess there were ups and downs even till now but i don't really think about,  how i was conceived does not really bother me,  yeah my parents got married only after but i don't think it affects me,  the way i see it, everything is as it is,  second child, third, fourth, whatever the case may be, even an only child ,  we all have issues,   to me whats hard is suddenly realising one day that you are not a child anymore,  hey but what do i know, [color=#770077][/color]
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by birdman(m): 5:44am On Nov 24, 2007
first borns are also great for sacrifice, maybe thats why the thread starter is asking tongue
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by olanajim(m): 11:52am On Nov 24, 2007
Sacrifice for what? Salah or christmas? Or did you mean something else?
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by jeffcom(m): 8:49am On Nov 26, 2007
Any news for the FIRST born cause i am ONE.
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by Scopium: 12:34pm On Nov 26, 2007
birdman:

first borns are also great for sacrifice, maybe thats why the thread starter is asking tongue
[size=13pt]You mean like Abraham did with Isaac?[/size]
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by buddy007: 11:56am On Nov 27, 2007
yes oooo cheesy
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by lagoshost(m): 12:01pm On Nov 27, 2007
i am broda - it is a very gud tin.
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by Jonnyville(m): 12:29pm On Nov 27, 2007
I'm the 1st and only BOY in da family, followed by 4 girls!
My fellow nairalanders, its not easy at all.

As 4 dose 4 sistas of mine, 2 re matured babes and guys com 4 dem, i've alwayz had 2 caution dem about we guys & all dat jazz, nd 2 b careful not 2 carry d unwanted Preg.

It cud be 1 hell of a work havin 2 watch over dem and advising dem, blif me we dey try o!

and d coolest thin is dat dey call me "BRODA" grin grin grin
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by moyosore85: 5:08pm On Nov 27, 2007
first of eight. its not easy o!! everybody behind you is waiting for you to fall into a trap so that they can escape it.
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by Saipro(m): 7:39pm On Nov 27, 2007
First on both sides. I get both the juiciest piece of the pie as well as the shittiest end of the stick. I'm complaining; at the same time, I dare not grumble.
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by holythug(m): 6:40pm On Nov 28, 2007
yes 1st n only BOy cool
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by Slycks(m): 6:58pm On Nov 29, 2007
1st of the FIRST
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by davidoo(m): 9:22am On Nov 30, 2007
1ST from Fathers Side And Mothers side, and 1st out of 5 with 4 sisters. Its not easy i tell u, because as the first a lot is expected of u and u have so many people looking up to you.
Being the first born is a heavy burden. you virtually have to sacrifice a great part of your life for your family, especially when u have a lot of responsibilities. It goes to the extent that u might not even think of settling down until u see that your family is comfortable.

Both my parents were the first born in their families and believe me it was a big issue cos it really had an impact in their own lives as both Got married late due to the fact that they had younger ones to take care of.

So my fellow First Born's, its not an easy task but i know we are all meant to be great cos being first is a Leadership Role. smiley
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by Bolarge(m): 11:47am On Nov 30, 2007
Yes O! The very first in a family of 5kids. . . all boys. cool
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by mystikalb2(m): 10:07am On Dec 01, 2007
the best way out of frustration is to be the middle men, i play my games cool,
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by oziomatv(m): 3:04pm On Dec 02, 2007
what about last born that take care of older once
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by biomic(f): 3:07pm On Dec 02, 2007
1st and only gyal grin
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by xgbovo: 7:18pm On Dec 02, 2007
I am the first and the only son. So wats the big deal? You just have to sweat it out yourself.
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by bjluv: 11:59pm On Dec 02, 2007
1st one and trying to make my folks smile---it aint easy but, all 1st ones know they have a duty so no hassle
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by omoge25(f): 5:33am On Dec 03, 2007
first born and only girl.
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by realcele: 4:52pm On Dec 03, 2007
where is your starting point for the count and what is the reward.
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by kempo(m): 12:26pm On Dec 05, 2007
Well I am in the middle but must say that the success of any family often influenced by the attitudes of the firt born. The firs born can make or mar the family, If the first is a bad egg it is easier for the rest of the family to follow suite.
A word of advice, if you are the firt in your house, you are like a sheperd. others follows.
Re: Are You The First Born In Your Family? by bluespice(f): 7:39pm On Dec 05, 2007
first and only girl Dad's pet but responsibility sucks i have to be the "perfect" one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Benin City A Safe Place? / Can't Find A Wife / My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.