Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,508 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Yoruba ‘re Endangered Species In The North – HID Awolowo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba ‘re Endangered Species In The North – HID Awolowo (1449 Views)

Buhari Arrives HID Awolowo's Burial (PICS) / HID Awolowo's Corpse And Casket (Photos) / Funeral Service: Casket HID Awolowo Was Laid In (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba ‘re Endangered Species In The North – HID Awolowo by Demdem(m): 10:44am On Apr 20, 2012
ABEOKUTA—The matriarch of the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo dynasty, Mama H. I. D. Awolowo, has described Yoruba sons and daughters living in the North as endangered species.

Speaking, in Yoruba, yesterday, at the general meeting of Yoruba Unity Forum, YUF, an umbrella body of all Yoruba socio-cultural organisations, at Ikenne, Ogun State, Awolowo’s widow, who is the Chairman of the forum, lamented the killings of non-natives in the northern part of the country.

She canvassed urgent measures to ensure peaceful co-existence of Nigerians anywhere in the country and reiterated the need for the Yoruba to remain “united” and speak with one “voice,” on issues that affect them.

She maintained that the continued relevance of the race in the Nigerian project rested on the unity of its sons and daughters.

Former vice-chancellor, University of Ibadan, Professor Kayode Oyediran, who spoke on the need to embrace traditional values among the Yoruba, attributed what he described as decay in social values in the country to loss of traditional values which encapsulated in the concept of ‘’Omoluabi.”

At the meeting were vice-chairman of the forum, Bishop Bolanle Gbonigi, Senator Anthony Adefuye, Chief Ebenezer Babatope, Senator Femi Okunrounmu, former deputy governor of Lagos State, Mrs. Kofoworola Akerele-Bucknor, Chief Olu Falae and Dr. Tokunbo Awolowo-Dosunmu, among others.

In a statement, YUF urged President Goodluck Jonathan to address corruption and graft in the oil and gas sector and to also accord Yoruba sons and daughters key positions in Federal Government’s institutions or establishments as other people from other regions.

A 50-member committee comprising Yoruba sons and daughters across the Southwest, with Bishop Gbonigi as chairman, was inaugurated as the intellectual engine of the forum.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/04/yoruba-re-endangered-species-in-the-north-hid-awolowo/

Not only are Igbos killed in the north but also Yorubas and even the northerners themselves.
Re: Yoruba ‘re Endangered Species In The North – HID Awolowo by Afam4eva(m): 11:02am On Apr 20, 2012
Some people always want us to believe that they're safe from the murderous hands of northerners.
Re: Yoruba ‘re Endangered Species In The North – HID Awolowo by Ejine(m): 11:09am On Apr 20, 2012
Not only are Igbos killed in the north but also Yorubas and even the northerners themselves.

Thank you. This should go to the dung-swallowing, retarrded coward known as Shymmex and his worthless laughable IDs. A fool so myopic and ignorant to say only Igbos were being killed in the North.
Just because there are numerous Igbo group members who are more vocal about the violence, doesn't mean Igbo people are the only ones getting killed.
But hey, I wasn't exactly expecting common sense from a retarrd who only resorts to pedantic grammar nazi tactics when his arse gets beaten mercilessly in a fight he started grin

At the same time, this should also go to that irritating guy EzeUche, who just comes to the internet to whine and cry with his victim complex. Biko, hope your eyes can open up a bit.
Re: Yoruba ‘re Endangered Species In The North – HID Awolowo by phantom(m): 11:12am On Apr 20, 2012
No ma...you are mistaken.its only igbos that are being killed.yorubas are well loved by their nothern brothers.
Re: Yoruba ‘re Endangered Species In The North – HID Awolowo by Gbawe: 11:40am On Apr 20, 2012
Demdem:

It was never Igbos alone being killed in the North and balanced Nairalanders always accepted that. It is divisive folks on both sides (Yoruba and Igbo) claiming otherwise.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba ‘re Endangered Species In The North – HID Awolowo by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 20, 2012
Ejiné:

Thank you. This should go to the dung-swallowing, retarrded coward known as Shymmex and his worthless laughable IDs. A fool so myopic and ignorant to say only Igbos were being killed in the North.
Just because there are numerous Igbo group members who are more vocal about the violence, doesn't mean Igbo people are the only ones getting killed.
But hey, I wasn't exactly expecting common sense from a retarrd who only resorts to pedantic grammar nazi tactics when his arse gets beaten mercilessly in a fight he started grin

At the same time, this should also go to that irritating guy EzeUche, who just comes to the internet to whine and cry with his victim complex. Biko, hope your eyes can open up a bit.

What's the difference between flooding and erosion? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Step up IQ up, before challenging me - and keep my SN out of your mouth. undecided
Re: Yoruba ‘re Endangered Species In The North – HID Awolowo by Ejine(m): 12:14pm On Apr 20, 2012
shymmex:

What's the difference between flooding and erosion? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Step up IQ up, before challenging me - and keep my SN out of your mouth? undecided

Heeeheeee! grin grin grin Sorry boss, but your empty ineffective tactics have long played out, and you're days late. Basically, I'm laughing at your stupidiity! grin Because if you weren't as hopelessly dumb as I'd always thought you were, you would've seen my reply to your monotonous idol Arole:

Ejiné:

Erosion and Flooding in that sense, are ALL Natural Disasters, and THAT is the POINT, you grass-chewing knucklehead. grin
I'm not surprised you're too dumb to put two and two together.
What even makes you more stupiid, further exposing your idiocy which we're already tired of seeing, is that you had to go searching and quoting a dictionary, instead of exercising your dull brain to first read the post properly. But that's even another story.

Stop derailing and let's get back to the topic - Why have you side-stepped the question I asked you?

[size=20pt]Why hasn't any other News agency carried this fake story?[/size]

Answer that first, and then we can continue grin cheesy cool

https://www.nairaland.com/917560/67-igbos-poor-compared-59.1/3#10626515

grin grin grin

Now tht your only only hope has been deflated, could you be kind enough to tell me exactly what [size=14pt]"You are benefit me"[/size] means, my grass-chewing coward of a friend? grin grin

Or is that the garbage they teach you in your ghetto?

I await your reply, dunce grin
Re: Yoruba ‘re Endangered Species In The North – HID Awolowo by Ejine(m): 12:27pm On Apr 20, 2012
Oh, by the way Shymmex/Bittyend, going through the history books, I came to the shocking discovery you even used to be one of my numerous NL stans I didn't give a fuuuck about. grin Here boy:

bittyend: @ Abagworo

I want to read your suggestions, I like your mentality - you're one the realist people on NL. Okija_juju used to be like you, but I don't know when he contracted the virus. I think Ejine is also someone I rate highly.

[url]nairaland.com/901283/south-east-nigeria-needs-three/5#10480708[/url]

Awwwww! Ain't that cute? grin
Fsheeew! grin
Re: Yoruba ‘re Endangered Species In The North – HID Awolowo by bittyend(m): 12:30pm On Apr 20, 2012
^^^^WTF?!?! Told you stop calling me shymmex, you village boy... This is the last time, I'll post a reply to your stupidity.
Re: Yoruba ‘re Endangered Species In The North – HID Awolowo by Afam4eva(m): 12:33pm On Apr 20, 2012
bittyend: ^^^^WTF?!?! Told you stop calling me shymmex, you village boy... This is the last time, I'll post a reply to your stupidity.
Why are you harsh to someone you rate highly.
Re: Yoruba ‘re Endangered Species In The North – HID Awolowo by Ejine(m): 12:36pm On Apr 20, 2012
afam4eva:

Hahahaaaha! Ask am o! Shymmex goes out, Bittyend comes in. Sometimes, the dude can't even be consistent. grin

what a waste grin
Re: Yoruba ‘re Endangered Species In The North – HID Awolowo by Ejine(m): 12:37pm On Apr 20, 2012
Shymmex and his ID don pick race. grin
Coward. Next time, don't start what you can't finish.
Re: Yoruba ‘re Endangered Species In The North – HID Awolowo by Afam4eva(m): 12:39pm On Apr 20, 2012
This multiple identity crisis that's plaguing nairaland has inspired me to find a solution to it by creating an application that will not allow one better to register twice. Whether you change IP, system, hide IP or whatever, it won't work.
Re: Yoruba ‘re Endangered Species In The North – HID Awolowo by bittyend(m): 12:41pm On Apr 20, 2012
afam4eva:

Are you dumb?? I thought the fool was sane because of the way he attacked CHINO11 - only to find out he was a jack azz after that... Stop su/cking on people's balls, and return to cotonou, 'morasucker'. undecided And hop off my dyck, homo.
Re: Yoruba ‘re Endangered Species In The North – HID Awolowo by Afam4eva(m): 12:42pm On Apr 20, 2012
bittyend:

Are you dumb?? I thought the fool was sane because of the way he attacked CHINO11 - only to find out he was a jack azz after that... Stop su/cking on people's balls, and return to cotonou, 'morasucker'. undecided And hop off my dyck, homo.
So, it's only when CHINO is attacked, that's when someone is assumed SANE. 1diot is your middle name.
Re: Yoruba ‘re Endangered Species In The North – HID Awolowo by Ejine(m): 12:47pm On Apr 20, 2012
afam4eva:
So, it's only when CHINO is attacked, that's when someone is assumed SANE. 1diot is your middle name.

Hahhahaahahaaa OWNED! grin grin
Re: Yoruba ‘re Endangered Species In The North – HID Awolowo by Ejine(m): 12:56pm On Apr 20, 2012
Re: Yoruba ‘re Endangered Species In The North – HID Awolowo by Dede1(m): 1:03pm On Apr 20, 2012
afam4eva:

It is so because Ejine does not see things the myopic form the clown sees them. If a person starts off by canvassing for division of Nigeria into north and south, the inherent loudmouthed and sleazy bast.ards will rate the person high. The moment the same person starts to canvass for a divided southern Nigeria or mention actualization of Biafra, the same pathetic rapscallions would tag the person whom they have rated high previously as bigot, retarded, fool, low IQ and secessionist.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba ‘re Endangered Species In The North – HID Awolowo by deshclones(m): 4:24pm On Apr 20, 2012
bittyend:

dumbo....its obvious that despite your online unjustified hatred for igbos...you still respect and hold us in awe like you do my brother ejine.....hmmh....sounds sweet...... grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba ‘re Endangered Species In The North – HID Awolowo by alex14(m): 4:41pm On Apr 20, 2012
@ post

The reason why yoreoubos never raise their horrible voices whenever those dirty-stinking hausa/fulani kill them is simply COWARDICE. These oily-soup-eating creatures of the SW will everly remain slaves to their leprous hausa/fulani masters. Islam was imposed on them by ordinary filthy abokis and ever since, there has been confusion in their land,,,pathetic cool.

(1) (Reply)

** / Aluu4 Vs Abuja3: The Hypocrisy In Nigerians / Can You Help ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.