Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,798 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

Is This True About Joomla? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is This True About Joomla? (947 Views)

Webmasters Is This True. / Is This True About Facebook Online Jobs? / I Need A Reliable And Affordable Host For Joomla And Wordpress. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This True About Joomla? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Apr 20, 2012
A friend of mine was telling me that if you build your site with joomla and it gets to 100,000 visitors a day the site will crash, is this true about joomla? And I downloaded joomla 2.5.4, I could not find d setup in the full package, how do I install it?
Re: Is This True About Joomla? by Afam4eva(m): 8:05pm On Apr 20, 2012
Foolish talk...it's a fat lie from the pit of hell.
Re: Is This True About Joomla? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 20, 2012
is Joomla API sane now, cuz it was crap in 1.5 and their documentation never explains what JTable means or JTableModel, Wordpress is saner but i would wish Joomla made a simple API and for God sake have a good structure documentation.
Re: Is This True About Joomla? by jmoore(m): 8:30pm On Apr 20, 2012
it depends on your server and not the joomla script
Re: Is This True About Joomla? by mrperfect(m): 8:51pm On Apr 20, 2012
Is important the person shows you the proof with that you don't have to ask.
Re: Is This True About Joomla? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 20, 2012
thank u for dat, just because i ask him to give me the setup and the tutorials in school because i was preparing for my upcomming project that was why he was telling me all those trash. He is un immaginable and he doesn't want me to succed in my own project.
Re: Is This True About Joomla? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Apr 20, 2012
don't mind your friend, Joomla won't crash because it has caching if too many people visit your site Joomla will send them cached copy saving your resources and round trip on the server, if i were you, your progress should not be based on people's input i know how many made me wanted to quit PHP saying its flawed, if you need guide holla me i got a good experience with joomla that will put you through or just ask here wink

1 Like

Re: Is This True About Joomla? by BroProsper(m): 4:41am On Apr 21, 2012
Pls do give me help on this joomla i am also a beginner in this field. Geodonprosper@yahoo.com
Re: Is This True About Joomla? by BroProsper(m): 4:43am On Apr 21, 2012
pc guru: don't mind your friend, Joomla won't crash because it has caching if too many people visit your site Joomla will send them cached copy saving your resources and round trip on the server, if i were you, your progress should not be based on people's input i know how many made me wanted to quit PHP saying its flawed, if you need guide holla me i got a good experience with joomla that will put you through or just ask here wink
pls could u put me thru here geodonprosper@yahoo.com
Re: Is This True About Joomla? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 21, 2012
to even get started with Joomla you must have a WebServer, i suggest downloading XAMPP it will install everything
Re: Is This True About Joomla? by Drlumi: 3:00pm On Apr 30, 2012
It's not true. Joomla is solid. If you have load issues, consider checking your hosting.

Try http://080it.com if you need help on IT issues (this one included).
Re: Is This True About Joomla? by suneepet1: 3:09pm On Apr 30, 2012
joomla is a cms application with no limitation to the number of visitor it can reciave.It easy to learn too.Under few days.
Re: Is This True About Joomla? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Apr 30, 2012
no one sent me a mail for the Joomla Book

(1) (Reply)

A Little Help On This / Please Help, Login In Page Keeps Refreshing After Clicking Submit / How Do I Create And Post New Topics In My Blog?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.