Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Excitement In South East As Radio Biafra Bounces Back Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Excitement In South East As Radio Biafra Bounces Back Today (1325 Views)

Excitement In Borno As Troops Reclaim Gudumbari / Good News For Nigeria As Radio Biafra Are On The Run. / What Did Buhari Do For The South East As Head Of State And PTF Chairman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Excitement In South East As Radio Biafra Bounces Back Today by Mekky2010: 7:20am On Apr 21, 2012
As Radio Biafra resumes broadcast in London today, there’s palpable excitement in the South East.
Broadcasting from London, Radio Biafra would hit the airwave at 8pm today on 11870 kHz frequencies on the shortwave band. It will broadcast twice weekly for now.

According to the editorial board of the station, listeners in the Greater London area can tune into 94.3FM at the same time while those outside London and elsewhere in the world can follow the programme online by visiting www.radiobiafralondon.com and clicking on the daily broadcast play button.

According to Nnamdi Kanu, Director of Radio Biafra, in London, the reason for the resuscitation of the station is to “set a largely misinformed public free from the twin evil of tyrannical rule of a cabal of ill-educated and institutionally corrupt men and women and the sponsored sectarian killings directed against Christian southerners living in Northern Nigeria.”

He said that the station will also serve to articulate a solution to the plight of “impoverished and confused Igbo families abandoned by their leaders in Northern Nigeria to a fate worse than those endured by black slaves in plantations in the Americas,” adding: “Radio Biafra London will use and deploy every available resource to campaign for the rights of all oppressed indigenous peoples of Southern Nigeria to determine how they wish to structure their societies and live their lives. Radio Biafra London would broadcast debates on issues of national and international importance affecting the lives and rights of the indigenous peoples of Biafra and indeed indigenous people of all ethnic persuasions in Nigeria.”
Kanu warned those he called “looters, embezzlers, kidnappers, sponsors of terrorism, child traffickers, corrupt judges, crooked university lecturers, murderous Nigerian security forces and all thieving individuals masquerading as public officials who steal public funds,” adding: “These looters and workers of iniquity will be named and shamed.”

With the news of the return of Radio Biafra, most South easterners appear excited. Some of them told our reporters that they are looking forward to the broadcast of the station.
According to Mr. Chike Amadi, who lives in Aba, the return of Radio Biafra will keep the memory of the failed republic alive.
“I have heard that Radio Biafra is coming back. I am happy about it. Although Biafra failed, some of us in the South East will never forget it. With the radio station, the memory of Biafra will be alive.”

He advised those operating the station to concentrate in propagation things that would help the Igbo.
Also speaking on the return of the station, Emeka, a resident of Onitsha, said that Radio Biafra is coming at an auspicious time. According to him, “now that Igbo are being marginalized and killed such station would let the world know what is happening in Nigeria.”
He however regretted that the station was not broadcasting before the burial of former Biafran leader, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu. He said: “I am happy that the station is coming back. How I wish that it came back before Ojukwu was buried. If it had been broadcasting, Ojukwu’s Biafran feat could have been well amplified.”

From Enugu, Osita Igbokwe said that the return of Radio Biafra is one of the greatest news he has heard this year. He would want the station to always highlight the plights of the Igbo and help in the agitation for the 2015 presidency.
“In three years time, there will be another election. I believe that it’s time for an Igbo man to be president. Radio Biafra should help in the campaign for Igbo presidency,” he said.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2012/apr/21/national-21-04-2011-03.html
Re: Excitement In South East As Radio Biafra Bounces Back Today by picolo01: 7:27am On Apr 21, 2012
this is really becoming nettlesome , every now and again, Uwazuruke would pull out one melodramatic stunt to spurn his money racketeering business.

i previously thought religion and sex were the two best business- immune from recession and rewards exponentially, but now i know better
Re: Excitement In South East As Radio Biafra Bounces Back Today by picolo01: 7:29am On Apr 21, 2012
MAGA NO DEY FINISH !!! as the say. (i'm Igboloid by the way, and my idol is Ojukwu)
Re: Excitement In South East As Radio Biafra Bounces Back Today by jmaine: 7:32am On Apr 21, 2012
Edited . . . . ( Posted on a wrong thread)
Re: Excitement In South East As Radio Biafra Bounces Back Today by Ejine(m): 7:51am On Apr 21, 2012
Ugh! angry
Re: Excitement In South East As Radio Biafra Bounces Back Today by kettykin: 8:32pm On Apr 22, 2012
Igbos and their delusions
Re: Excitement In South East As Radio Biafra Bounces Back Today by Jakumo(m): 8:41pm On Apr 22, 2012
The voice of Biafra, Okokondem, must make an appearance on this new radio station, in order that we may take it seriously.

I can hear him now. " The federal vandals have once again been routed by the gallant forces of the rising sun, and the cowards are again on the run."
Re: Excitement In South East As Radio Biafra Bounces Back Today by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 22, 2012
Jakumo: The voice of Biafra, Okokondem, must make an appearance on this new radio station, in order that we may take it seriously.

I can hear him now. " The federal vandals have once again been routed by the gallant forces of the rising sun, and the cowards are again on the run."

Lmao You're going to hell!
Re: Excitement In South East As Radio Biafra Bounces Back Today by Onlytruth(m): 9:36pm On Apr 22, 2012
Jakumo: The voice of Biafra, Okokondem, must make an appearance on this new radio station, in order that we may take it seriously.

cool cool cool

Jakumo always makes my day. smiley
Re: Excitement In South East As Radio Biafra Bounces Back Today by noiseless: 9:59pm On Apr 22, 2012
Some steps forward!
Re: Excitement In South East As Radio Biafra Bounces Back Today by NwaNimo1(m): 10:30pm On Apr 22, 2012
Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.17 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.radiobiafralondon.com Port 80

(1) (Reply)

Ekundayo: Of Sanusi, Afejuku And Oyewale / Borno Government Releases 100 Million Naira For Purchase Of Onions / A Case For Urbanization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.