Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10584725 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19237) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mykali(m): 9:40am On Apr 29, 2012
ritchboy:

Dream on Diva! grin grin

RDM may have done well in Europe but his record in the league is even worse than AVB in terms of both performance and results. Chelsea have even slipped form 5th to 6th under Di Matteo's guidance.

(H) Stoke 1-0
(A) Man City 1-2
(H) Tottenham 0-0
(A) Aston Villa 4-2
(H) Wigan 2-1
(A) Fulham 1-1
(A) Arsenal 0-0

Chelsea were pretty rubbish in ALL these games and have 42% win ratio compared to AVB's 48% cheesy

If you want to make top-four, bring AVB back!!! cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:23am On Apr 29, 2012
At £7m, the only way I could be upset about this transfer is if he turns out worse than "Kalouda". .
I don't think there's anything worse, not even Ramires.

I have not followed Marin since his first hype but based on the research I have done, a lot of Bundesliga watching fans seem to echo exactly what Dayo says - Indecision, bad decisions, dribbling too much. Well, at least we have one more person who can dribble.

He's 23, still young and hopefully under the right tutelage, he can find the form the sparked all the hype about him when he was 20.
-----------------------------------

So another community buy. Certainly no manager approved this.
Just like De Bryune, Lukaku, Cortouis and Davilla before him.

Meanwhile, is there the slightest possibility that Pep might be off to Chelsea.
Also, Ibime what do you think about the possibility of Lucien Favre as manager.

It's almost certain now that RDM will not get the job even if he wins the CL. Reports flying around suggest that Roman and the men is suit are all not happy about the manner in which Chelsea qualified for the final.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 12:45pm On Apr 29, 2012
Marko Marin confirmed. . . .Now we got something on the wing.

Love the fact that we already building for next season and not waiting around for every dicknharry to show interest in our targets. .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:20pm On Apr 29, 2012
nateevs: At £7m, the only way I could be upset about this transfer is if he turns out worse than "Kalouda". .
I don't think there's anything worse, not even Ramires.

I have not followed Marin since his first hype but based on the research I have done, a lot of Bundesliga watching fans seem to echo exactly what Dayo says - Indecision, bad decisions, dribbling too much. Well, at least we have one more person who can dribble.

He's 23, still young and hopefully under the right tutelage, he can find the form the sparked all the hype about him when he was 20.
-----------------------------------

So another community buy. Certainly no manager approved this.
Just like De Bryune, Lukaku, Cortouis and Davilla before him.

Meanwhile, is there the slightest possibility that Pep might be off to Chelsea.

It's almost certain now that RDM will not get the job even if he wins the CL. Reports flying around suggest that Roman and the men is suit are all not happy about the manner in which Chelsea qualified for the final.

I dont see how Marin will be better than Gael Kakuta.

I would rather give Kakuta his chance than to stock the squad with more filler material.

We shoulda been looking at Junior Hoillet on free transfer instead.

I have faith in Lukaku and Courtois. I believe De Bruyne is also a very efficient winger although not super fast. If we can get enough speed around De Bruyne, he will produce assists all day with his wonderful crosses.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 2:06pm On Apr 29, 2012
Porridge looks more like a team player today, wat sittin on d bench can do! Well, RDM must b d coach next season cos,am yet to see a CFC coach do player rotation like him and still get to win important games. Na Genius U b o!!!! RDM. Hmmmmm' FT looks good to me today. More of d effort plus goals mayb DK go fit forgive U. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 2:18pm On Apr 29, 2012
Ibime:

I dont see how Marin will be better than Gael Kakuta.

I would rather give Kakuta his chance than to stock the squad with more filler material.

We shoulda been looking at Junior Hoillet on free transfer instead.

I have faith in Lukaku and Courtois. I believe De Bruyne is also a very efficient winger although not super fast. If we can get enough speed around De Bruyne, he will produce assists all day with his wonderful crosses.

That's because Kakuta and KDB have ceased playing on the wing.
After his Jan signing, KdB urge his manager to play him in his preffered role - CM .
Since then KDB has played every single game in CM. He's doubled his assists and key pass rate.
Infact, KDB is very instrumental to Genk's success rate in CM, when he's off form, Genk is.
He's been involved in 17 out of 22 goals in their last 11 games since moving to CM.

And so has Kakuta at FC Gijon .
Infact, Kakuta has many times played as a second striker, though he's more of an AM.
I have pointed this out a few times that Kakuta is not a winger and to utilise him that way is to not maximise his qualities.

My point is Emenalo and his crew have something in mind they are working on.
Whatever it is, it doesn't involve Kakuta and kdB on the wings.

The worry about Lukaku is that he is at least 8kg overweight. Also he is considered very inconsistent.
That's not a surprise as he is only 18.
The softness of the Belgian league was hiding his deficiences.
Therefore, it will be a miracle Lukaku is ready for next season.
If there's a young striker a want a manager to take a chance on, it is Patrick Bamford.

Unfortunately for Thibault as well, the club has granted permission to open talks with Atletico Madrid for a second year loan.
So he too won't be part of the next season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 2:29pm On Apr 29, 2012
torres with a brace already.
sturridge's pass was peach - but then that's what torres needs every game week.
if the pass arrives early, torres would murder defenders.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 2:33pm On Apr 29, 2012
coogar: torres with a brace already.
sturridge's pass was peach - but then that's what torres needs every game week.
if the pass arrives early, torres would murder defenders.

Do you even need to say this?
Wait till some actors come and prech to us about making his own chances.
Some will even call his goals inconsequential again.

How many of those Kalou chances has Torres received this season?
when the transition is quick, Torres is a beast.

The midfield revolution I have been preaching for ages is finally about to happen next season.
Just sit back and watch Torres next season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 2:44pm On Apr 29, 2012
michael essien in a battle with taiye taiwo.
2 monsters contesting for the ball seems all wrong.

reminds me of essien's debut for chelsea against spurs.
edgar davids vs essien and they busted a nike ball. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 2:53pm On Apr 29, 2012
Torrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrresssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 2:57pm On Apr 29, 2012
Juan Mata. What a player!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 2:57pm On Apr 29, 2012
nateevs: Torrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrresssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!

the awakening! what a striker!!!
now chelsea won't sell him again.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 3:00pm On Apr 29, 2012
coogar:

Don't rejoice yet, folks are on the way to point out the exact minutes he slipped twice.
Remember he's only a dud.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 3:01pm On Apr 29, 2012
coogar:

Chelsea wouldnt have sold him, a 50m buy who was in horrible form

Would Chelsea sell him for 20m as no team would buy him for anything close to 50m
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 3:03pm On Apr 29, 2012
I can't believe there's still 20mins left to play.
Ramires on.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 3:04pm On Apr 29, 2012
dayokanu:

Chelsea wouldnt have sold him, a 50m buy who was in horrible form

Would Chelsea sell him for 20m as no team would buy him for anything close to 50m

it's roman abramovic - money is not the object.
i have always known torres is dynamite. thank feck for mata.
villas-boas biggest error was not playing mata behind torres.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 3:08pm On Apr 29, 2012
Even at 5-0, Malouda can't seem to make the right decisions.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 3:09pm On Apr 29, 2012
Thank goodness he scored.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 3:10pm On Apr 29, 2012
nateevs: Thank goodness he scored.

your granny would have scored that!
that's bread n butter. torres' pass to release ramirez on the right channel(wooooooooooooof!!!)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 3:11pm On Apr 29, 2012
Sam Hutchinson on! Standing ovation for a player whose career was seemingly over.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 3:13pm On Apr 29, 2012
coogar:

your granny would have scored that!
that's bread n butter. torres' pass to release ramirez on the right channel(wooooooooooooof!!!)

Trust me, I have seen poor play and extreme profligacy at Chelsea.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 3:23pm On Apr 29, 2012
Great play by Torres.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 3:27pm On Apr 29, 2012
nateevs: Great play by Torres.

excellent link play!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 3:30pm On Apr 29, 2012
coogar:

excellent link play!

But for a timely block by Onuoha - read beautifully by the way - Torres could have been sticking in a fourth there.
Beautiful play.

Shout out to Bosingwa who in two games now has been asked to deputize as CB and has done very well.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 5:09pm On Apr 29, 2012
9ice 1 Bos, a massive 2 games @ CB already. Not to forget PF also,he did well agaainst cisse too. Neva comfy wit d portugese players dis days burr dey've bin massive wen called upon. Credit to A.Cole for bin so massive always and ever reliable. My best leftBack ever for CfC. 9ice to see Sam on d Pitch again. Essien waS very superb today also,positioning was fantastic walahi. RDM Coach of. D season. Bf I 4get,who d hell brought out d useless clueless stats bout AVB bin beta dan RDN? I beg o!RDM is d messiah....! GBAM.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 190: 5:46pm On Apr 29, 2012
nateevs: Even at 5-0, Malouda can't seem to make the right decisions.
grin grin grin

Gawd i hate that man
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:21pm On Apr 29, 2012
nateevs: Meanwhile, is there the slightest possibility that Pep might be off to Chelsea.

Maybe Roman (abi na you) think Lucien Favre can beat Barcelona.

Thumping Cologne 4-1 is the same as thumping QPR 6-1. Thumping Spurs 5-1 is an extra effort Lucien Favre cannot manage.

Beating Barca 3-2 is something Lucien Favre cannot dream of.

And BTW, I hope Roman knows that Lucien Favre is a counterattacking manager, not a possession manager.

Mochengladback game is to use "low blocks" then release Mike Hancke and Marco Reus on counterattack.

I am suspect to believe these media reports are figments of the writer's imagination but if they are true, then Abramovic and his advisors are real FOOLS.

RDM was given a brief to take Chelsea across the finish line - hopefully qualify for Europe. He has broken the remit of what he was assigned to do, and done his job 120% - beyond what he was asked.

I have not seen a manager at Chelsea who has common sense like RDM.

All our managers had flaws.

JM, Avram Grant and Hiddink sometimes did not always attack the small teams and beat into submission like 6-1, 8-0 etc.

Ancelotti did not know how to keep a tight compact formation against the big teams to prevent counterattack (with the exception of Arsenal)

AVB and Scolari did not know how to defend, full stop.

Ranieri was just an eediot who threw away Champions League semi-final by bringing on Veron (who had been injured for 2 months) at half-time in a game we were leading against Monaco, switching to 3-5-2 and playing Scott Parker as a wing-back - allowing Monaco to score 3 goals in 2nd half.

The manager who has shown greatest adaptability so far is RDM - when it time to attack, he knows to attack, when its time to defend, he knows how to defend.

Quote:

Where his predecessor was obsessed with copying Barcelona, Di Matteo has been expedient and, ironically, finished off not just the Catalans' Champions League campaign but also saw off Guardiola, Villas-Boas's ultimate role model.

Asked about Di Matteo's tactical changes this week, Branislav Ivanovic emphasised the lack of ideology. 'He doesn't try to put out a team with one strategy,' said Ivanovic. 'He does the opposite. If a player has a quality, he tries to show this quality on the pitch. The first couple of games when he started to be our coach was important to him and to us as well. We started to play trying to win. It doesn't matter how or which way.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2136722/Roberto-di-Matteo-miracle-worker-How-Chelsea-boss-forced-Roman-Abramovichs-hand.html#ixzz1tSSEYfAa
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 29, 2012
The dud found form today.
Congratulations are in order. I hope he continues this way.

RDM as manager next season.
I would love AVB to come back as an assistant to RDM, let him learn the ropes properly. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 10:38pm On Apr 29, 2012
BlueDiva: The dud found form today.
Congratulations are in order. I hope he continues this way.

RDM as manager next season.
I would love AVB to come back as an assistant to RDM, let him learn the ropes properly. cheesy

torres would make you chew your vomitus.
just watch!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 10:42pm On Apr 29, 2012
Has any country produced as many great managers as Italy? Even a rookie like RDM is already showing the tell tell signs of how good he really can become.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 10:54pm On Apr 29, 2012
chic2pimp: Has any country produced as many great managers as Italy? Even a rookie like RDM is already showing the tell tell signs of how good he really can become.

holland? spain?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 11:04pm On Apr 29, 2012
Holland Possibly but spain?.......

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19237) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: anadozie1 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.