Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,416 members, 7,812,226 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10455673 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1295) (1296) (1297) (1298) (1299) (1300) (1301) ... (19126) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 10:40am On Sep 06, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aly0W-eRfbw

Didier Drogba first Hat-trick With Montreal 4 vs Chicago 3

What a legend.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 11:38am On Sep 06, 2015
I can't believe our squad is this expensive. angry

1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 11:42am On Sep 06, 2015
Ibime:
DD scores hattrick on debut for Montreal Impact. . . legend!
Coming from you Ibime, that's just fantastic. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 11:49am On Sep 06, 2015
I must say, of all national teams, France has the brightest potential talents in their squad with a promising future.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:50am On Sep 06, 2015
hensben:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aly0W-eRfbw

Didier Drogba first Hat-trick With Montreal 4 vs Chicago 3

What a legend.

That first goal na classic
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 12:50pm On Sep 06, 2015
FBS:

Me thinks he needs (a) a rest and (b) serious competition for his spot. That should ginger his brains up.

Make una leave Djibo alone jare. The man ain't done nothing wrong. Far from it. He will work his socks off to prove himself. Its all in the head.

I believe .. He's African and made of black grin he should fit in anywhere he's fixed at
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ItGeek(m): 12:51pm On Sep 06, 2015
The first goal was a killer, the defender did not know what struck him grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 1:05pm On Sep 06, 2015
donjazet:
I must say, of all national teams, France has the brightest potential talents in their squad with a promising future.
Martial and kondogbia are good but not special.....
The special ones- Fekir,Pogba,Griezman,Zouma,Varane,Laporte,Kuzarwa,Umtiti,Lacazette (25),.........

They also have Mangala,Matuidi,Benz and co.....Talented squad

But Belgium is still my fav....... If their U-21 can develop successfully like Eden and co,Europe will be in problem....
Bakkali, Musonda,Tielemans (he is a gem) and co
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 06, 2015
Ibime:
DD scores hattrick on debut for Montreal Impact. . . legend!

Legendary stuff!

10 years from today, that man would be remembered as one of the few Africans who had a big impact on the international scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKSLWgHqj5w
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by RAKITIC: 2:05pm On Sep 06, 2015
Is drogba beta than samuel eto?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 2:13pm On Sep 06, 2015
RAKITIC:

Please, don't start that one.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by RAKITIC: 2:16pm On Sep 06, 2015
Debroslink:

Please, don't start that one.
hehe i won cause trouble ni
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 2:28pm On Sep 06, 2015
Mourinholic:

Martial and kondogbia are good but not special.....
The special ones- Fekir,Pogba,Griezman,Zouma,Varane,Laporte,Kuzarwa,Umtiti,Lacazette (25),.........

They also have Mangala,Matuidi,Benz and co.....Talented squad

But Belgium is still my fav....... If their U-21 can develop successfully like Eden and co,Europe will be in problem....
Bakkali, Musonda,Tielemans (he is a gem) and co
Kurzawa is special, Martial is good? The beef wey you dey chop don sour... Zouma is special because he plays for Chelsea?
Only Griezman, Varane and Pogba(still a suspect) are special, the rest are just good players with potentials to blossom into something special...

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 06, 2015
RAKITIC:

George Weah is better! grin grin

Strange coincidence all three have played for Chelsea at some point since 2000 cheesy

I think stats would serve to prove that Eto was better, but then, to judge a player like DD just on statistics is to utterly miss the point of why Chelsea were so successful with him as the fulcrum of their attack. The man was a beast and at some point in a world of his own.

Personally, I would go with Eto on this. He looks way complete. In a trident, a two-man attack, as a lone frontman, a support striker and even as a left winger, the Cameroonian was simply technically and tactically complete, something you dare not say about DD who only flourished when used as a point man.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 3:05pm On Sep 06, 2015
DD still reporting for duty even in old age.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 3:06pm On Sep 06, 2015
patrickmuf:
Kurzawa is special, Martial is good? The beef wey you dey chop don sour... Zouma is special because he plays for Chelsea?
Only Griezman, Varane and Pogba(still a suspect) are special, the rest are just good players with potentials to blossom into something special...
You can't lay down your point without sounding like a pained ass?
M sure you didn't even know who Martial is before all this madness......how is Martial better than Solanke or Patrick Roberts?
That 'special' meant players with special potentials....
How many times have you seen kuzarwa play?
Zouma isn't special? U must be joking... I follow these lads and I know quite well about them
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 3:10pm On Sep 06, 2015
RAKITIC:
Is Iniesta better than Lampard?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 06, 2015
A pundit's view on Cesc's loss of form:

There have been few instances of loss of form as sudden and dramatic as the one involving Cesc Fabregas’. The Spaniard was arguably the best midfielder in the league in the first half of last season. His tally of 15 assists was a runaway table-topper, as Chelsea’s new signing from Barcelona ran riot with his incisive passing and vision. His partnerships with the likes of Diego Costa and Eden Hazard were cornerstones to the Blues’ successes last year, and no one could question Jose Mourinho’s decision to pay over €30 million to secure his services.

But now, we are dealing with a stark contrast. Fabregas’ form has dropped like a stone. He has looked jaded and tired since the turn of the year, and has had a dismal start to the 2015/16 campaign. It is hardly surprising that Chelsea have been overrun in midfield in nearly every game that they have played thus far, with both Fabregas and Nemanja Matic struggling to keep up.

Lack of contribution – the numbers

Statistics don’t lie, and Fabregas’ numbers in 2015 paint a very sorry picture indeed. The likes of Oscar and Branislav Ivanovic have also suffered losses in form, but it has been a gradual process, unlike Fabregas’. The 28 year-old looks lost and clueless, and his contributions going forward have been negligible.

He has become a liability at the other end of the pitch as well. With teams deploying the ploy to man-mark him out of games, he loses possession far too easily when under pressure. His lack of pace has seen build-up play slowed down, and his failure to track back has left wide open spaces for the opposition to exploit.

The statistic below shows how easy midfielders find playing against him, and how easily Chelsea are left exposed due to his shortcomings defensively. It is little wonder that Matic has found it difficult, with Fabregas faring so poorly.

What can Mourinho do?

Mourinho does need to take a long hard look at this situation, and there have been signs recently that some changes may be on the way. Ruben Loftus-Cheek was brought on for Matic in the loss against Crystal Palace last Saturday. The fact that the Englishman replaced a far more experienced player despite Chelsea being a goal down shows how displeased the manager was with his setup. Fabregas lasted the full 90 minutes, but was completely benign.

One option is to drop him for a couple of games. The Spaniard is clearly disoriented and some time on the bench may prove to be a kick up his backside, something that will force him to regroup. There are signs that a few of the Chelsea players are complacent after last season’s comfortable win, and it is upto Mourinho to get them out of this lull.

Another alternative is to reduce some of his defensive responsibilities by playing him slightly further forward. He clearly does not have the legs to cover the entire pitch, and giving him a bit more freedom going forward will only help him contribute better. This would involve, of course, playing someone like Loftus-Cheek, Ramires or John Obi Mikel alongside Matic and dropping Oscar and Willian. Chelsea’s formation would then more or resemble a 4-3-3 formation, with Hazard, Costa and Pedro making the front 3. Fabregas would not be an out-and-out second striker, but would hover in and around the forwards.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 06, 2015
To save Cesc and the team, we would have to line-up this way:

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 3:59pm On Sep 06, 2015
AirborneLacer:

George Weah is better! grin grin

Strange coincidence all three have played for Chelsea at some point since 2000 cheesy

I think stats would serve to prove that Eto was better, but then, to judge a player like DD just on statistics is to utterly miss the point of why Chelsea were so successful with him as the fulcrum of their attack. The man was a beast and at some point in a world of his own.

Personally, I would go with Eto on this. He looks way complete. In a trident, a two-man attack, as a lone frontman, a support striker and even as a left winger, the Cameroonian was simply technically and tactically complete, something you dare not say about DD who only flourished when used as a point man.
Chelsea is home for African legend, one of the reason I love this club.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 4:01pm On Sep 06, 2015
Ibime:

That first goal na classic
i dey tell you. Drogba get stamina sha even at 37.
grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 4:34pm On Sep 06, 2015
I go with Didier Drogba..... Football aint only about the ball, the ginger Drogba brings to the team is on another level. Raises team morale, who knows maybe if he was somewhere near as a staff or something, he would have gingered some sense into the heads of these ones that won just 1 epl title and are behaving like they have arrived. Just saying.

Would rather old man Drogba than the ediot falcow

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 4:42pm On Sep 06, 2015
Salah has 24 goals in 22 app for Egypt
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 6:44pm On Sep 06, 2015
I dont wanna see Ivanovic in any of the Line-Ups. undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:30pm On Sep 06, 2015
Mourinholic:
Salah has 24 goals in 22 app for Egypt

Salah is a legend in Egypt

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mathys: 8:46pm On Sep 06, 2015
AirborneLacer:
To save Cesc and the team, we would have to line-up this way:

I will pass on Iva for now. I say Azi should take Iva's position while baba plays 3.

Abi,we buy baba for that ridiculous amout just to make up numbers?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nitlad: 9:21pm On Sep 06, 2015
Ibime:

Salah is a legend in Egypt

He's just 23 too! cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:05pm On Sep 06, 2015
So apparently Chelsea offered £64m for Pogba, Juventus accepted the bid, JM called Pogba personally to convince him (Paul) to join Chelsea but Pogba rejected the move because of disagreement on personal terms. Jose wanted the board to convince Pogba but the deal could not get done. In that time, Mikel's deal to Turkey was on the cards. JM was not convinced that the Pogba deal could still be done and he blocked the Mikel deal.

Also, Chelsea apparently attempted to steal the Martial deal just before deadline and matched the £36m Manchester United paid for him.

My point is, as opposed to what many of us think, the board actually attempted to back Jose to the tune of £110m (including John Stones); that the board was not complacent and realised the need to upgrade the team even after the EPL title. It was Jose who had up to £110m to spend in the market but identified only two targets and a crocked Radamel Falcao.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 10:30pm On Sep 06, 2015
My Idol, my number one player in the world scored the ONLY goal in tonight's game against Cyprus, he got fouled and scored a pk in the last match against Bosnia, I can't wait to have him bring this new found form to the EPL and start tormenting EPL defenders like he always did in the past.

Anybody wey ds thing dey pain, make he go hug transformer, once Eden is making me happy, fvck all ye haters...

Fabregas and Costa should find their missing form wherever they kept it before flying back to England or else, na thunder go fire them both.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 11:28pm On Sep 06, 2015
nateevs:
S
Also, Chelsea apparently attempted to steal the Martial deal just before deadline and matched the £36m Manchester United paid for him.
if you were serious to "chance" the deal, you should've offered more money than what was on the table. It's as simple as stripping bananas - forget all these water color fronting.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by JigsawKillah(m): 11:33pm On Sep 06, 2015
Martial knew displacin' Costa and Falcao is nearly impossible, and Mou hates risk.

Easy decision to make, if you ask me.,
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 12:33am On Sep 07, 2015
Chelseafan1:
My Idol, my number one player in the world scored the ONLY goal in tonight's game against Cyprus, he got fouled and scored a pk in the last match against Bosnia, I can't wait to have him bring this new found form to the EPL and start tormenting EPL defenders like he always did in the past.

Anybody wey ds thing dey pain, make he go hug transformer, once Eden is making me happy, fvck all ye haters...

Fabregas and Costa should find their missing form wherever they kept it before flying back to England or else, na thunder go fire them both.

The day Hazard leaves ehn.......I will really love to see your reaction grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1295) (1296) (1297) (1298) (1299) (1300) (1301) ... (19126) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: tobiboss(m), codeb(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.