Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,805 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1591) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10515979 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1588) (1589) (1590) (1591) (1592) (1593) (1594) ... (19153) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 28, 2015
I give up on these Chelsea Fans.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:39pm On Nov 28, 2015
Nihilist:

Gerrard had no real 'position' for Liverpool. He was thier talisman so he roved all over the pitch. He has lined up on both flanks, as a supporting striker, central midfield, defensive midfield...even left back.

Asking what Gerrard won in comparison to Scholes is irrelevant. Scholes played for the most dominant team in the history of the EPL, Gerrard played mostly with average-joes and wastemen.

The question you need to ask is why Gerrard has far more individual honours than Scholes despite playing for a rubbish team.

Gerrard had no position because he lacked positional discipline

How can a player who had no real position be a better midifielder than one of the best Central midfielders in the EPL history

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:45pm On Nov 28, 2015
raumdeuter:

Gerrard had no position because he lacked positional discipline

How can a player who had no real position be better than one of the best Central midfielders in the EPL history

It's easy to say he lacked positional discipline when he spent most of his 17 years at Liverpool paired with rubbish in midfield.

When he was paired with Macsherano and Xabi Alonso they finished 2nd in the league only 4 points off first.

You do not get voted 3rd best player in the world, and make several UEFA teams of the Year if you lack positional discipline.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dadehmola: 5:57pm On Nov 28, 2015
Nihilist:

It's easy to say he lacked positional discipline when he spent most of his 17 years at Liverpool paired with rubbish in midfield.

When he was paired with Macsherano and Xabi Alonso they finished 2nd in the league only 4 points off first.

You do not get voted 3rd best player in the world, and make several UEFA teams of the Year if you lack positional discipline.

Nobody said Gerard wasn't a good player. Comparing "Captain" Fantastic to "Field Marshal" Paul Scholes is the ish here.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:58pm On Nov 28, 2015
Dadehmola:

Nobody said Gerard wasn't a good player. Comparing "Captain" Fantastic to "Field Marshal" Paul Scholes is the ish here.

Dude Gerrard was once voted the 3rd best player in the world.

Come back when Scholes is recognised at global level for his achievements.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:00pm On Nov 28, 2015
Dadehmola

When raumdeuter compared Boateng to John Terry, you were one of the first to shoot him down on the basis of individual honours...

Please shoot me down cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:14pm On Nov 28, 2015
Nihilist:

He had Hamman Alonso Mascherano etc in midfield.

Isnt it ironic that on Liverpools glorious night they started with Gerrard in central midfield and conceded 3 goals in 45mins, They took Gerrard away from midfield and came back

In the poor gif I was able to get below. That was Milan's 3rd goal Look at it and guess what Gerrard was doing

After attempting a hollywood pass that got easily intercepted, and 2 seconds later got easily turned by Kaka before he gave the assist to Crespo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:17pm On Nov 28, 2015
Nihilist:

Dude Gerrard was once voted the 3rd best player in the world.

Come back when Scholes is recognised at global level for his achievements.

Michael Owen was once voted best player in Europe. Henry, Raul, Nistelrooy all who played in his generation never did
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:24pm On Nov 28, 2015
raumdeuter:

He had Hamman Alonso Mascherano etc in midfield.

Isnt it ironic that on Liverpools glorious night they started with Gerrard in central midfield and conceded 3 goals in 45mins, They took Gerrard away from midfield and came back

In the poor gif I was able to get below. That was Milan's 3rd goal Look at it and guess what Gerrard was doing

After attempting a hollywood pass that got easily intercepted, and 2 seconds later got easily turned by Kaka before he gave the assist to Crespo

Trying to pick out one moment from a career spanning 17 years is quite foolish.

Facts are facts.

Goals Gerrard scored more.
Assists Gerrard copped more
Clean Sheets\Clearances\Blocks in the League Gerrard had more
Big Game Moments Gerrard definitely had more
Individual honours Gerrard had more

So what does Scholes have individually over Gerrard?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:33pm On Nov 28, 2015
Nihilist:

Trying to pick out one moment from a career spanning 17 years is quite foolish.

Facts are facts.

Goals Gerrard scored more.
Assists Gerrard copped more
Clean Sheets\Clearances\Blocks in the League Gerrard had more
Big Game Moments Gerrard definitely had more
Individual honours Gerrard had more

So what does Scholes have individually over Gerrard?

That was the biggest moment in his entire career as a midfielder and he almost cost his team until he was shoved away from midfield to allow sensible players perform

Goals no brainer Gerrard was the anointed set piece taker. How many penalties did he take?

Assists? Care to remove the assists from Dead balls?

Individual honour like Michael Owen had over Raul, Mistelrooy and Henry

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:35pm On Nov 28, 2015
raumdeuter:

That was the biggest moment in his entire career as a midfielder and he almost cost his team until he was shoved away from midfield to allow sensible players perform

Goals no brainer Gerrard was the anointed set piece taker. How many penalties did he take?

Assists? Care to remove the assists from Dead balls?

Individual honour like Michael Owen had over Raul, Mistelrooy and Henry

We should remove deadballs because?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhelake: 6:51pm On Nov 28, 2015
timbros:
I'm surprised how people rubbish Mata here.

2012 we won the UCL. Chelsea's Player of the year (an award the players themselves voted): Juan Mata. His goals/assists 8/17

2013 we won the EL. Chelsea's Player of the year: Juan Mata. His goals/assists 19/35

Is it a coincidence that he won our player of the year consecutively in those years we won European titles?

Ibime and Co only remember Mata for his missed penalty again Bayern but forgot that he assisted Drogba's equaliser. You guys forgot that he equally assisted Torres opening goal vs Benfica in EL final and assisted Ivanovic's winner in that same match.

Stats, they say, don't lie. I don't see how a player who has 3 assists in 2 back to back European final is 'just a passenger' in the team.

If not for Mourinho's defensive philosophy, Juan Mata would still be in Chelsea now racking up assists here.

@the bolded, where did you get this?? Easy with the hype abeg
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 28, 2015
Vardy the history maker!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 6:56pm On Nov 28, 2015
Mourinho will be like....Roman, get me Vardy sharply cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhelake: 6:59pm On Nov 28, 2015
Vardy Don DId It

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dadehmola: 6:59pm On Nov 28, 2015

Nihilist:
Dadehmola

When raumdeuter compared Boateng to John Terry, you were one of the first to shoot him down on the basis of individual honours...

Please shoot me down cool

Apples and oranges..

Boateng never made any "executive" TOTY list like FIFPro, neither has he ever been heralded as the greatest defender in the world so I fail to get the comparison.

Like I said earlier, Gerrard was a top player. Comparing him to Scholes is the issue here.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 7:06pm On Nov 28, 2015
Dhelake:
How far? I dey flog you for FPL.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:07pm On Nov 28, 2015
Tval:

TVAL

Long time man! Where you don dey since na?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 7:09pm On Nov 28, 2015
Nihilist:

TVAL

Long time man! Where you don dey since na?
I dey observe from my end. cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhelake: 7:14pm On Nov 28, 2015
Tval:

Lol, na you be Phobia??

No worry, i fit still win you oo

Everybody just dey bang me anyhow
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 7:15pm On Nov 28, 2015
Dhelake:

Lol, na you be Phobia??

No worry, i fit still win you oo

Everybody just dey bang me anyhow
Yes.. na me. I don chop this 3 points already.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:20pm On Nov 28, 2015
Dhelake:

That was a mistake.

19/28
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:21pm On Nov 28, 2015
Nihilist:

I gave up on Ibime's matter a long time ago.

Mata a 10 with supreme vison was doing the business for us. Ibime said he was a passenger.
Oscar isn't as talented as Mata but at least he tracks back. Ibime said he is visionless

When you ask who the 'visionful' 10 is that also tracks back and makes goalline clearances, Ibime will tell you that he does not believe in 10 and 4-3-3 is the way. Ibime's ultimate midfield players are Ballack, Lampard, and Jack Cork.

I give up on the argument.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:23pm On Nov 28, 2015
Hmmm...

This Vardy record will take a VERY long time to break.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhelake: 7:27pm On Nov 28, 2015
timbros:

That was a mistake.

19/28

19/28 in a season for chelsea Bruuuhh....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhelake: 7:59pm On Nov 28, 2015
Just imagine if We had gotten Rooney that season

Haters would have said Chelsea ruined his career

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 12:26am On Nov 29, 2015
Mata was a good player for us but certainly not a Chelsea great. One will be making a colossal mistake by including the Spaniard in our team of all time greats.

Truth is you need to look beyond stats when drawing up a list of greats, figures don't usually explain to you who was doing a yeoman job.

Malouda finished the 09/10 season - his debute season, with an impressive 15 goals and 15 assists. He helped us land a major domestic double. He then followed that up the next season with 13 EPL goals, finishing the campaign as our top scorer in the league.

Statistically, Florent Malouda is a great at Chelsea. But then, that'll be backward thinking because realistically Malouda lacked legendary moments, consistent standard overall play and longevity. Which happens to be the case with Mata.

Another key thing greats do is to be influential in winning a major title not won in many years or for the first time. I can bet my testicles that Lampard, Cech, Drogba, Ashley Cole and freaking Ramires were more influential than Mata in our winning the 2012 UCL.

All Mata offered us were good stats, with no legendary moments and a single-handedly won major title.

He's in the same category with Malouda as far Chelsea is concerned, good player but not a legend.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SIRcumalot: 12:46am On Nov 29, 2015
@griffon he was well on his way to becoming one if he was never sold.
You need longevity to reach legend status.
Honestly the way you guys are trying to downplay his achievement is strange its not like you sold him for small money.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 12:59am On Nov 29, 2015
SIRcumalot:
@griffon he was well on his way to becoming one if he was never sold.
You need longevity to reach legend status.
Honestly the way you guys are trying to downplay his achievement is strange its not like you sold him for small money.

Except that he never became one.

Which achievement really? I think Im only downplaying his stats.

Replace Mata with Dele Alli in our squad of 2012-13 and we would have still done that European back-to-back sh1t.

Yeye Torres wey score in that UCL semi-final and Europa league final neffa claim legendary status, Mata wan yarn cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SIRcumalot: 1:18am On Nov 29, 2015
Griffon:

Except that he never became one.

Which achievement really? I think Im only downplaying his stats.

Replace Mata with Dele Alli in our squad of 2012-13 and we would have still done that European back-to-back sh1t.

Yeye Torres wey score in that UCL semi-final and Europa league final neffa claim legendary status, Mata wan yarn cheesy
You people voted him twice as your player of the year in the 3 or 4 years he spent with you.
Except european competition wasn't taking into consideration for that award,I don't see why he could've been that replaceable. You all sound like a jilted lover but na una break the relationship.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 4:09am On Nov 29, 2015
SIRcumalot:

You people voted him twice as your player of the year in the 3 or 4 years he spent with you.
Except european competition wasn't taking into consideration for that award,I don't see why he could've been that replaceable. You all sound like a jilted lover but na una break the relationship.

Dont You get it No one is claiming Your Mata is not a Good player, But he doesn't have the right to sit on the bench when Chelsea all time squad is mentioned.

We broke the relationship of Cech and Lampard with Chelsea, and we still give them the acknowledgement of their performances when due. Broken Love does not determine your status with a Club. Cech and Lampard are Chelsea Legend. Mata? Far from it.

And Please don't forget to add Nani and Anderson in your United all time squad. undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SIRcumalot: 6:23am On Nov 29, 2015
Bimffo:

Dont You get it No one is claiming Your Mata is not a Good player, But he doesn't have the right to sit on the bench when Chelsea all time squad is mentioned.

We broke the relationship of Cech and Lampard with Chelsea, and we still give them the acknowledgement of their performances when due. Broken Love does not determine your status with a Club. Cech and Lampard are Chelsea Legend. Mata? Far from it.

And Please don't forget to add Nani and Anderson in your United all time squad. undecided
Read my earlier comment
I never said he was one
Those two na old maids(Cech and lampard) not a new wife like Mata.
Giving how mata started for CFC he would eventually earn his place among those two and their peers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1588) (1589) (1590) (1591) (1592) (1593) (1594) ... (19153) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ibukzy, Ajd19, iykmora(m), monerozi5590, Bombblacks and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.